• Published 29th Oct 2021
  • 869 Views, 16 Comments

Zombie Land Equestria - TheRayH



After accidentally resurrecting old Canterlot High students, Sunny Starscout have huge plans for them and Canterlot High

  • ...
8
 16
 869

Chapter 10: The Great Apple Heist

"You did what?" Rainbow Dash asked out loud to Applejack after she told what she did. "A money fund for Sweet Apple Acres? What were you thinking AJ?"

That was a little hursh from Dash to ask loudly, everyone were looking at Applejack a bit confused why she did that, some understood and some didn't.

"AJ, i don't want to be rude but... we're supose to help Sunny to recover friendship at CHS, remember?" Sunset walked closer to Applejack and placed a hand on the apple girl's shoulder. "I know it's your old home and you have a speciall connection to that place, but that's not our fight"

"Sorry if i interrupt for a second" Hitch went into the conversation. "But i think we can use this to help CHS" Everyone waited for his explanation. "Sweet Apple Acres is a very loved place in the town, many like their juicy apples even the ones that don't eat them; so if we get as many people to get in there we can not only raise money to save it but also... we can make everyone more close between each other." Sunny's eyes got wide open and did a bunch of little hops.

"Of course, how did i not saw it? Hitch, you're a genius" She kissed his cheek and quickly got to get everything ready.

"Well looks like we're doing this now" Pinkie Pie jumped off the sofa and went to look for Izzy to get all make up ready. "Come on girls, do you want to do a good song or not? We can't do it without looking good first" She said to get eveyone to work, Applejack felt the most happyness she would ever felt, glad that they still support her for everything.

A few days later, before the performance

Sweet Apple Acres has changed a few things for the Rainbooms, they added a small stage big enough for the seven of them to fit inside, Zipp is at charge of everything being on point of being in it's place, Hitch keeps everything suspicious outside and Sunny makes everyone calm down with sweet words. Applejack meanwhile it's nearby a tree checking something that's on it.

"Applejack?" Rarity scared Applejack but not on purpose, she walked a bit closer. "What are you doing here alone? Everyone is getting ready in the stage"

"It's nothin' to worry about, sorry Rarity didn't meant to worry ya" Applejack sat on the tree roots, looking up in the sky. "Ya still remember this tree, don'tcha, Rarity?"

She touched the wood and for a second a memory flashed inher mind. "This is where we... first kissed; it's still here?" She walked around it. "I wasn't expecting this tree to be up here after so long, so many memoeries here" Rarity sat aside of Applejack and place her head on AJ's shoulder.

"Those were easier days; we had jobs, friends, casually fightin' some evil equestrian magic maniac. And of course, time for love" Applejack kissed Rarity's cheek. "I felt bad when ya... went away for yar designer work, it made me very sad"

"I know darling, but it was a unique chance and i had to take it; you know how much i like to desingn things and that was the job i always wanted to go for" Rarity smirked but then she made a slight sad look. "But i would lie if i said i didn't missed you too, my caramel apple girl" They both leaned their heads closer to each other and then a phone rang, AJ had Sunny's phone on her pocket, she didn't even noticed it until it made a sound.

She saw it was Zipp who was calling and answered the phone. "Uh, Zipp? Ya know Sunny doesn't have her phone, do ya?" Applejack asked to the sporty girl.

"I know, this was part of her plan. After Sunny told me about the Flim and Flam sibblings she asked me to investigate them" Zipp was obviously excited for some detective action. "So i'm gonna go into their office to see if i can find something, i'll keep you on date soon" Then Zipp hanged the call.

"Zipp? Zipp! Darn it, these girls are gonna get in so much trouble" Applejack felt a bit tired of people doing stupid things when they shouldn't. "I think we should go with the rest, just in case?"

"Oh, yeah of course. After you darling" Then Rarity and Applejack went back to the stage, Sunny, Izzy and Hitch were looking if something was not going as planned.

Sulfuric Apple walked to the stage, Applejack made a gesture to the three so they let her go in. "You think this is gonna work, Applejammer? If this goes wrong the farm is doomed to those guys" The farm woman almost broke into tears saying that, it was a hard thing to say.

"Don't ya worry. We got this, and we will save the farm. I promise" Applejack calmed the woman who walked out of the stage leaving everything to the girls.

"Applejammer? Like, jamming the apples?" Izzy asked to her confused about the name she said.

"I'm part of the Apple Family, Izzy. If i told her that my name is Applejack then... she would have found that i'm that Applejack; and everything will go downhill or worse"

"She has a point" Sunny intercepted the conversation. "We'll need nicknames for you so no one finds you girls were alive once, and i have the perfect names." One by one, she were giving names to each one of them: Twilight Sparkle-Twinbright Shine; Pinkie Pie-Surprise Party, Rarity-Rare Gem, Sunset Shimmer-Shimmer Scale, Fluttershy-Buttercheeks and Rainbow Dash-Sporty Raindrops. Clever names, mostly to give everyone no suspects on them.

Meanwhile in the sibblings office

Zipp went inside with no troubles, the place is full of items that absolutely or almost no one would buy unless it's get in some sort of a rip off. Zipp found the entrance to the archives but the door was locked. "Is locked? Who locks the door in this kind of place?" She looked for another way to go in and found an vent big enough for her to go in. "Don't think about the bugs... just ina nd out; should be easy"

She pulled a chair closer to the vent and opened it with a screwdriver that was just there, conviniently and she managed to go in but getting out was something else; she fell to the ground as soon as she got to the other side. Zipp saw the cabinets where all the files were at. She didn't had time to look on the all so she used a really smart strat to search for things... she just looked on the 'S' that stands for 'Scam', classic, cliché but may work. Zipp found ironically, a folder with that name, unsurprisingly for her. "Sure, hide a very important folder where anyone can find it, no one is gonna look in there" She had to make the joke, even when no one was there to hear that. "You gotta stop talking to yourself, Zipp. Now let's see what these guys are up to"

She started reading the folder, at each document she found things they did that absolutely would be seen as illegal; then something about Sweet Apple Acres appears and what they did to gain the rights to clain the property. "Oh no... i have to be quick!" She got all the clues she found and got out just to start running to where the concert is.

People were arriving the place, taking seats on the chairs filling every single space. The girls were about to begin the performance with all the instruments ready; as soon as everyone was in their sit, Sunny walked in front of the stage. "Hello everyone and welcome to Save Sweet Apple Acres, i know this is very sudden but this place it's been part of our town for ages and we'd like to keep it" She spoke in the microphone to everyone, who applauds loudly at all of them. "Any donation you'd like to do, please deposit it at the box on the barrel over there. Thank you for your time and enjoy... The Rainbooms"

Sunny left the stage and all the Ranbooms started playing their first song, but someone is in the higher zone of th stage; where the lights are; it's Flam who looks down to them smirking while getting closer to one of the lights and started to untie it, as the song continued none saw the sibbing going there; suddenly the light fell down to the stage aside of Twilight, who weren't hit by it for just a few inches, causing everyone to panic.

Hitch saw someone moving down from the stage. "Stop right there!" He said while running closer, but the guilty also were running away until he trips with something falling to the ground and losing the track. "Yeah run away... it's the best for you"

"Oh no!" Said Flim, who was at the stage. "What a mess, it almost hit one of them; it's lucky that it didn't hit someone in the head or one of them would have died" He said trying to sound worried but it was part of the plan. "If this is how a stage is built, do we want someone to take care of a whole Apple farm? I think not!" Claimed, winnin some of the trust of some of the crowd that was there. "We shall have the terrain and who knows, we can make this place shine again"

"Hold it!" Zipp arrived almost exhausted from running. "The Flim and Flam siblings are trying to ruin the charity recollection, and i have proofs of it"

"Are gonna believe her? We've been here for longer bringing things that everyone needed" Flam arrived out of nowhere to keep the plan going. "There are no proofs of anything"

"Oh, you really think so?" Zipp pulled out the documents she found on the office. "These were in your office and had the details of what you've been doing to gain some of the shops of the town. Like Mrs and Mr Bake Bakery, or one of then antiques shop of the main street... an should i mention the tracking of the Apple trucks?"

"You went inside our office, that's illegal young girl" Flim tried to escape by guilting her.

"Are you really gonna tell her what's legal and what not?" Hitch walked closer and showed everyone hair and a piece of clothing from Flam. "You both tried to sabotage this, and almost hurt my friends"

"Ya don't have guts to come here and let people do whatever they want" Applejack walked closer angry and grabbed both of the siblings by the shirts. "Now leave the farm, let people enjoy the concert and don't ya dare to come over here again... ya got that?"

Everyone around were also like Applejack, they knew that it was impossible to calm them down so they yield. "Ok, we got it. Keep the farm, we didn't wanted it anyway" Applejack released them letting them leave slowly under the judging looks of everyone around.

The concert went without any more interruptions, with anyone donating the amount of money they wanted to help the farm but at that moment it was possible that the Flim and Flam Sibblings company didn't had validation to own the farm anymore. At the end of it they felt the most relieve ever. "Applejammer, i owe you one for what you did here. To you and your friends." Sulfuric said proudly to Applejack and her friends.

"It's nothin' important, we did what anyone would have done" Applejack smiled and small tears run down her cheeks. "I felt like i helped someone from the family"

Then Sulfuric hugged her. "I know, i deeply am thankfull to you. Don't forget to come next week for your job; i do count on you apple girl" She wnked and then walked away.

"Wow, that is the most beautiful sparkle i've seen" Izzy laid on AJ's shoulder. "it felt almost like something i had but who cares, you got your spotlight and helped a beautiful place to stay in place"

Applejack doubted for a moment, but the smile returned to her face. "Yeah... i can say that i saved my family"