• Published 16th Oct 2021
  • 192 Views, 0 Comments

Ghost Busting 2 - Edguy0009

  • ...
 0
 192

Fourth Challenge

"A mine eh?" Kratus said they ended their trek to a mine that the griffons used to own to mine gold from now called the Secret Mine, "Been sometime since I've been in a mine, or spot for a potential mine."

"And why's that?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"So I could prepare for the Great Awakening, needed to help my friends get back on their feet." Kratus replied, petting the Nui-Jaga as Apple Bloom held a conversation with Applejack before the ghost hunting duo left. With the Rahi, after digging through the snow, buried herself into the ground to keep warm as the filly and Makuta entered a chalet and captured a surprised a blue ghost before more appeared with the Makuta pulling a blue ghost down from an upper area with his elasticity while Apple Bloom captured a ghost that hid in the bearskin rug with Fluttershy horrified at the sight of the animal parts, the Makuta rolled his eyes at that since she was warned earlier as the two were unable to use the hidden elevator to reach the mines, entered the room near the fireplace with all sorts of culinary tools with a door blocked by ice with the stove lighting up before a green ghost left it before earning a fist to the face from the Makuta before Apple Bloom captured with more appearing from the stove, each holding a lump of coal, though they were caught before they could do any harm with the Makuta turning into a Fire Burnak and released a pulse of elemental energy, melting the ice before changing back before exiting the back and saw Treacherous Mansion with Applejack saying something with the Makuta shapeshifting to a Fire Gafna and walked across the frozen lake with Apple Bloom as they headed towards the hut on the other side with the two entering the mine through there with the Makuta changing back afterwards.

"Should've taken one of those fur coats back at the chalet." Apple Bloom said, hugging herself for warmth with the Makuta forming a ball of plasma on the tip of his blade and lowered it towards the filly with her using it to warm herself, "Thank ya." She said with the Makuta nodding before some green ghosts with pickaxes along with a red ghost appearing before their capture with the Makuta using accuracy to send Apple Bloom to the second level before heading there himself by teleporting there before heading into a hallway and dealing with a brown ghost that appeared before entering the only unlocked door, one with a pit, an elevator that likely led back to the chalet, a gondola and another elevator in the form of a scale, "Think ya can grab the key with one yer fancy powers?" She asked the Makuta, noticing how low the key was with the Makuta using his magnetism to draw the key towards him with them reentering the hallway and opening a locked door that led to another hallway with a frozen floor and a chest with ghosts appearing, four green, one red and three pinks with the Makuta blasting green and red ghosts, allowing Apple Bloom to deal with the pink ghosts unhindered before capturing the ghosts.

"The ghosts have increased aggression since the two of you entered the mine, they've been attacking you more." Twilight said.

"That's because we're close to the end." Kratus replied, hoping to bring an end to this as Apple Bloom added to what Kratus said before the two entered another hallway after using the key Apple Bloom found in the chest, this one covered in ice with crates of dynamite.

"Okay, who let some Toa of Ice and/or some Ice Tribe Glatorian relieve some stress or practice using their control over ice in here?" Kratus asked jokingly before ghosts appeared including some blue ones that threw the explosives at them, though they earned a bolt of shadow to the face before Apple Bloom dealt with them as the Makuta engaged the remaining green, red and pink ghosts before their capture with Apple Bloom grabbing a stick of dynamite before the two returned to the room with the gondola and used the stick of dynamite to blast the ice that blocked the door to the gondola, with Pearl, Topaz, and Lapis appearing from the gondola, the Makuta noticing that someone took control of them as Apple Bloom expressed her disbelief before the ghosts created chains and attached them to the gondola, though they paused at the sight of the shadows wiggling a writhing about before flying off in different directions as Apple Bloom said something that worried her and the bearers who panicked before Twilight calmed them down except for Apple Bloom who looked around in fear before remembering Kratus' words he told her during their first adventure.

"Courage isn't the absence of fear, it's the will ta conquer it." She whispered as she looked at the Makuta who stood there in silence, "You okay?" She asked him.

"No." Kratus replied in an eerily calm voice, "I'm furious." He added as the shadows' movement grew more violent.

"Well, ya need ta calm down." Apple Bloom said, causing the Makuta sigh with the shadows' movement stopping.

"Whoa, that was creepy." Rainbow Dash said over the comms, the other bearers nodding in agreement.

"I apologize for that." Kratus said, earning the attention of the ponies. "I subconsciously manipulate the shadows in my fury."

"Fascinating." Twilight said, causing the Makuta to chuckle.

"Though, it has the side effect of intimidating those on the receiving end of my fury." Kratus added, "When I'm irritated, you should be worried. When I'm furious? Be afraid because I don't care who you are, just back away and hope you're not on the receiving end as I'll chew you out after smacking you or giving an equivalent of one depending on what you did." Kratus said before they heard Samuel.

"It's true, even I'm afraid when he's furious, even if I've never been on the receiving end." He said, surprising the ponies as he went back to watching his friend's progress who went back to the room with the crates of dynamite, finding Pearl along with pink and blue ghosts with the duo focusing on the other ghosts for they threw dynamite at the duo with the Makuta shrugging them off before they captured Pearl who spat fireballs at them, before they returned to the room with the elevator and dealt with the green ghosts along the way before using the elevator to return to the chalet, finding Topaz with green and orange ghosts with the latter two throwing coals at them with Apple Bloom dealing with them as Kratus had another good ol' fist fight with Topaz and defeating him again before his capture.

"That leaves Lapis, but we need to explore the rest of the mine." Kratus said with Apple Bloom nodding in agreement before they used the elevator, the Makuta teleporting them across the bridge and took another door and entered a place with broken down railroad tracks with a makeshift wooden plank bridge taken from a wall on the second part of the gap with the two finding a key trapped in the ice on the other side with Apple Bloom retrieving it as the Makuta waited for her with the Makuta transforming back into a Fire Burnak and released a pulse of fire energy against the ice blocking the door, melting it as the Makuta changed back as Apple Bloom unlocked the door, finding a slope in the next room with a makeshift zipline the way back up.

"There a Rahi that ya change into ta get us back up?" Apple Bloom asked, earning a nod.

"Crystal Climber, their claws can let them grip cold and slippery surfaces while using their long tails for balance. They also have great night vision." Kratus said before the two went down the slope before turning a propeller to raise a gate that blocked a building and entered a room with a bonfire in the middle and a pair of armor for use by the gryphons that held spears in their claws, though they were lighter for increased agility, though it meant that physical attacks had greater effect, though that mattered little to the Makuta's Protosteel armor, especially since the spears bounced off before the Makuta unleashed a wave of compressed air that sent it into the wall that shattered it, allowing for the capture of the green ghosts within before more green ghosts appeared along with a red and an orange, the latter used both spears to attack until the Makuta blasted it with his skyblaster allowing Apple Bloom to capture it along with other ghosts.

"Mind melt'n that block of ice?" She asked, pointing at the block of ice that prevented them from exiting through the door with the Makuta nodding in agreement before a pink ghost opened the window, allowing the freezing wind from the blizzard along with pink and green ghosts that attacked and ended in their capture before the Makuta used his heat vision on the block of ice after Apple Bloom shut the window before the two left the room and entered a shaft with a rotor with the Makuta turning it to go down as the filly dealt with the green, red and pink ghosts that attacked them with them entering a room after turning another mechanism to open the door, though Apple Bloom was thrown into the rope that prevented anyone from falling off, the Makuta wasn't as he phased through the door with his density control allowing him to avoid being flung into the rope, though said room had toppled mine carts and a lantern hanging above a pit with the two using the door to the other room with a pair of doors, one in front with the other to the left, though one door was blocked by iron bars that was raised by a pair of ropes with one frozen over with green, red and pink ghosts attacking while a brown ghost blocked the second door that ended in their capture with the Makuta using his heat vision to melt the ice on the frozen rope before more ghosts along with two orange ghosts attacked with the orange throwing coal at them before their capture.

"I wish they'd learn that attacking us is pointless." Kratus said, the filly nodding in agreement as the Makuta pulled both ropes that raised the iron bars allowing the two to open the door and entered a room with a railway and many pipes with a key hanging in the ceiling frozen in ice with the Makuta flinging a blob of plasma at the ice, freeing the key that dropped to the ground with the filly recovering without any ghosts appearing as the two used the key to open the door and found themselves in an abandoned quarry where Lapis Lazuli along with three brown and five orange ghosts, the duo dealing with the orange ghosts that attacked by throwing pickaxes at them, though they only caught two with the remaining three joining the brown ghosts floating near Lapis who charged them with a cue stick before the Makuta used chain lightning to deal with them, allowing the Apple Bloom to capture them, with that the Makuta teleported them back to where the gondola was before ghosts attacked them, including a gryphon who died in the mine with the duo surprised that they hadn't encountered more, along with pony ghosts that worked at Old Clockwork, though both had a foreboding feeling that Pyrite had the rest at Treacherous Mansion as the two entered the gondola finding a cannon there with Makuta sending a blob of plasma at the frozen rope that melted the ice, allowing the filly to cross to the heavily damaged gondola with one wall missing and two more partially missing with the Makuta following as a Fire Gafna with two using the beams to cross to the workshop with the Makuta warding off crows with elemental energy with the two finding entrance to the workshop opened by a mechanism that used a generator in another room with Apple Bloom grabbing coal from a pile brought there by a conveyor belt and threw it into the furnace with the Makuta igniting it with elemental energy before changing back with them leaving the room and entered the workshop after pressing a button, finding the workshop ravaged with a large chunk of the floor missing revealing the ice underneath with another Bogmire-like ghost above the ice as its body shifted with elemental energy, fire, water, earth and wind with Twilight and Rarity speaking before the ghost entered the ice, melting a hole while creating a room with the Makuta and the filly following it with it waiting with Pyrite nearby who spoke.

"Something that the ponies can fully fight are the elements. They can tame them to use it for everyday activities, but when they must face fury, the only possible response is to escape, or die. Now face the incarnation of this fury: Nature's Wrath. I wonder how you will die. Cooked? Buried? Frozen? We will see soon enough," He said, cackling before flying away as Nature's Wrath attacked after forming a suit of armor out of wind.

"That's not going to stop us." Kratus said, as the shadow sent gusts of wind at them before drawing in the air around the shadow, hitting it with it the same time as the chunk of ice Apple Bloom sent at it, the shadow then broke a pipe and use the gas coming out to create armor out of fire and attacked with fireballs. Though the Makuta grinned and drew in air before unleashing in a shockwave that had the dual effect of extinguishing the fire and sending the shadow into the wall, stunning it, allowing for Apple Bloom to use the Poltergust on it as it recovered, and once it did, it created armor out of ice with the Makuta rolling his eyes and sent plasma its way, melting the ice with the shadow creating armor made of stone with the Makuta unimpressed, sending a beam of energy that shattered the armor, stunning the creature allowing the two to attack it directly, before it recovered with it creating armor that shifted between the elements with the duo acting appropriately with the two defeating the shadow shortly after with the key to Treacherous Mansion falling from a chunk of ice with Apple Bloom grabbing it.

"We did it! Girls, we can go ta the last manor now! Girls? Girls? Hello?" The filly said, though she and the Makuta only heard silence before a tapping noise.

She was confused and worried; she was busy keeping herself warm when she heard a commotion above her after the blizzard died down and found that her friend's friends were silent while inside the transport before deciding to tap a claw on it, with no one answering before her friend and his partner appeared.

The sight of the interior of the caravan was a mess with Apple Bloom taking of her headband with the camera and the Makuta detaching the communicator that he was given earlier from the side of his Kanohi and changing it back to its normal appearance as Apple Bloom tied her bow back on before putting on Applejack's hat as the shadows wiggled and writhed once more while the Makuta clenched his fists before both vowed to make Pyrite and his ally pay.