• Published 11th Nov 2021
  • 481 Views, 9 Comments

Apollo mission 22 - Radiata



The Apollo mission sent humans to moon for six times. Or how much?

  • ...
1
 9
 481

Secret moon mission

Author's Note:

Swearing words are marked with a spoiler.

Saturn V rocket parts landed near the Atlantic ocean and were left behind untouched after reentering the atmosphere. The parts were severely damaged and have filled with water. Canadian sailor ventures to the middle of the Atlantic ocean to pick up all the parts, hoping they still can be recovered.

The parts picked up were the first stage and the Apollo service module. They are trying to find the crew module but were never found because the American Space Aeronautics, NASA, has picked it up and put it into the museum of spaceflight. The Canadian sailor departs to Kennedy Space Center in hopes of finding at least one crew module.

NASA hands in one crew module without knowing what the sailor is going to do, he expected the sailor is going to put it in a museum. The sailor returns to Canada and builds just another Saturn V Rocket to send himself to the moon, and probably become the first Canadian to fly to the moon.

The Canadian focuses on sending himself to the moon, yet he doesn't get married yet. He wants the rocket to be launched nearer to Greenland because it is the best choice for secret spaceflight. The rocket parts were transported to Grise Flord at Nunavut, Canada, and assembled there. It took about 8 months to complete the rocket, not including the fuel and the lunar module, but just stage one, stage two, stage three, fairing, service module, and the crew capsule. The rocket, however, is slightly different than the original Saturn V rocket, what's different is that the service module is slightly longer and stage 2 has a bigger fuel capacity.

After 8 months of construction, 3 days of fuel preparation, and 2 days of filling the tanks, the Saturn V was finally ready for the 22nd flight.

Shit, the launchpad didn't present yet, he has no idea what to do, but he made one using the rocket holder he has constructed before assembling the rocket. The launchpad he made was similar to the launchpad of the Soyuz rocket. He has 3 friends at work, so he invited them to his house. He says he moved to Grise Flord for some reason. His friends were excited to see his new house. But on their way to his house, he spoils the secret Apollo 22 mission to his friends. They exit the office because they are having a friend time, but unfortunately, this sailor is inviting them to go to the moon with him.

His friends are happy because he was going to send them to the moon. The flight was controlled in the crew capsule and has programmed to be a manned flight without any office controlling the rocket parts.

At T-min 5 minutes, fuel began to refill and replace the old fuel. The flight system he designed was connected via cable to the launchpad.

At T-min 20 seconds, all has aboard, and the pre-liftoff period has started. This is the period where the gambling system was tested.

"Twenty seconds and counting. T minus 15 seconds, guidance is internal. Twelve, 11, 10, 9, ignition sequence starts... 8, 7, 6..."

It was all successful until the liftoff period at T-min 5 seconds, where the engines start. Burnup of fuel at the engines triggers the rocket holder to release the rocket, thereby the rocket stands alone controlled by the three astronauts inside. Their names were Bob Stanley (the rocket assembler), Stevenson, and Mike.

"5, 4… 3... 2... 1, zero, all engine running..."

"Liftoff! We have a liftoff! Apollo 22 mission to the moon!"

"Tower cleared!"

As the rocket leaves the Nunavut launchpad it began to take a roll. However, since Nunavut is far from the equator they need to accelerate more.

The fuel is running out in the first stage, so the procedure of staging takes part. First, the engine cuts off. Then the explosive bolt ignites, releasing the first stage and the rest of the stages on the rocket, leaving stages 2, 3, the LM (Lunar Module, originally the LEM or Lunar Excursion Module), and CSM (Crew Service Module). The Launch Escape Tower also flies off the rocket, which is used for rescue in case the rocket gets severely damaged. Ignition takes place.

As they go faster penetrating the atmosphere, the Apoapsis, the highest orbit of a rocket or a spacecraft gets higher and higher and higher, meaning the rocket accelerates more. The 2nd stage runs low on fuel, so staging takes place again. The rocket is already past the Karman Line, the lowest orbit point of any spacecraft which is also likely the end of the atmosphere of the earth, where air friction does not take place. Their mission currently is only for Low Earth Orbit (LEO) insertion with the 3rd stage burnup. Orbital velocity had reached, which is about 7.9 kilometers per second.

"COURSE SET FOR LUNAR TRANSMISSION"

The 3rd stage burns up again for Lunar Orbital Insertion. This time all the procedures are done in the CSM. That means Bob Stanley has control over everything as he was not only a shipmaster but also has studied plenty about rocketry.

The 3rd stage burnup causes the Apoapsis to rise again, this time for Lunar Orbit Insertion procedure. The burnup was done, as their target had reached, The Moon. The fairing separates, which exposes the LM and separates the 3rd stage-LM and the CSM. The CSM rotates 180 degrees so that its docking port faces the LM's docking port. Both modules dock and they separate from the 3rd stage, leaving the 3rd stage orbits with extremely high Apoapsis for... eternity.

LM-CSM begins their procedure for the Lunar Module Insertion.

"S...Stanley?" Asked Mike

"Yes, my friend?"

"I am a bit... nervous. Do you think this will work?"

"I have studied plenty about rocketry. Trust me, we're gonna make it."

"O...ok" Mike began to feel the shiver as they drive further from earth, making its size smaller than a marble.

Yes, as Stanley had said before, they're gonna make it. they get closer to The Moon and fly at the furthest point between Earth and The Moon. Stevenson, which sits next to a window facing the surface of the Moon saw a glowing bluish aura at the surface of the Moon and asked Stanley what is it.

"Don't worry, we are going to inspect that one," said Stanley.

"But how are we going to make it to there?" Asked Stevenson,

"The procedure that tasks place isn't landing, but now a Lunar Orbit Insertion. We will orbit the moon once again, making sure the LM lands next to that bluish aura."

"You're a genius, Stanley! Wish I studied plenty like this before"

"Hehe, you must be proud of having a friend like me, do you?"

"Oh shut up!"

"Hehe, now back to the procedure. Look at the speed pane. It shows that we are orbiting at 1 kilometer per second. That means some of us are going to descend to the Moon because it is time for landing. But because our target is that bluish aura you noticed earlier so we are going to orbit the Moon once again. The Moon's equator circumference is about 10 000 kilometers so one orbit may take around 3 hours." Stanley explains

"Aww does that mean we have nothing to do in the 3 hours?" Mike said

"We can prepare everything for the landing - 3 hours is enough for this. All supplies like water, food, oxygen, CO2 scrubber, we must prepare these otherwise we won't make it back to earth after a certain amount of time."

"Oh, I see. I thought you have prepared it all. Aren't they in the CSM cargo?"

"There is no cargo at the CSM - if they do, it will make the rocket much heavier. But don't worry, everything has been prepared. All we need to do is to crosscheck everything in the LM."

"Yes, Captain!" Mike salutes with a little laugh at his mouth.

"Oh how dare you haha" The three astronauts laughed for a moment.

"Oh yeah, hey Steve, did you bring the camera?" Stanley asks

"Never forget about my plenty camera - it's on me!"

"Great! We can spread the footage of the moon landing across Canada, or just keep it a secret between us until someone finds out about it."

2 hours passed, they are getting closer to the landing site they planned.

"There, the aura! It's blinking!" Mike told to his friends

"Sadly, only two of us can land on the moon. The other one had to stay here to maintain CSM control. Otherwise, it will orbit unmanned." Stanley stated

"You had that radar, right? And the futuristic map you installed at the CSM makes it possible for the CSM to orbit unmanned!" Mike stated

"You're right! The same map is also installed at the LM in case the astronaut is... I mean... pass out or something."

"That's horrible! Anyway, I almost passed out when we are getting further from the Earth. Exactly 2 days ago."

"This is why astronauts are expected to have stronger mental," Stanley said

"You got your point there."

"Anyway since the three of us can land so what are we waiting for? Let's enter the LM and begin the landing procedure!" Stanley said

"Sure do, buddy!" Stevenson said

The there of them hopped into the LM and separates the LM. But it is a big blunder they haven't closed the airtight door, making oxygen leak out the LM. Thankfully Stanley immediately closes the airtight door, leaving the CSM oxygen-poor.

"Why did you let the oxygen leak out?" Mike asked

"Big sorry about that." Stanley apologized

"I forgive you. Anyway, we are getting closer to the landing site. Shall we begin the procedure?"

"All to your seats, men! We better wait for moments for a better landing. If we begin the landing procedure at this point our target will be miles away. What do you think?"

"Okay, let's wait for some time. Also, where can I sit?"

"Did you master like anything in rocketry?"

"I don't know, but you have control over almost everything there," Mike stated

"Only the thrust, not the landing legs and communication."

"I'll take the landing legs! Seems easy though" Mike says

"They are as easy as extending them just before touchdown burnup."

"So after that, I am a passenger?"

"An Astro-passenger, to be clear. Or Cosmo-passenger, but the 'cosmo' is for Russian astronauts."

"Ah, I see. So how do I extend them?"

Stanley points at the landing legs lever and Mike flips it. The landing legs extend and the landing procedure begins.

"Alright, boys we are going to land!" Stanley stated

"Dude, you called us men at first, now we are boys?" Stevenson asked

"Rocket captain boys. You must be proud!" Stanley said

"Ah, I see."

As they got closer to the landing site they began to burn up for deceleration, thereby descending the orbit line towards the surface of the Moon, and its landing point gets closer to the landing site they planned.

When the rocket passes the 50 meters at altitude, they began to lower the burnup to prevent the rocket from lifting off the Moon and thereby extending the landing time or maybe, canceling it.

Touchdown!

"See? I told you we're gonna make it." Stanley proudly says that.

"Also we may need to walk a few meters to the site," Stevenson stated

"That's only a few meters, this is the Moon! We can jump higher than on Earth! Meaning that walking there will be a bit hard because the gravity of the moon is weaker than Earth's."

"Really?" Mike is curious about the statement Stanley has given

"Give it a try, trust me, it's safe."

Mike steps out of the rocket as the first man who steps on the moon in the Apollo 21 mission, so he was the 3rd least person who steps on the moon.

"It's... real! I am standing on the moon! I AM WALKING ON THE MOON!" Mike was happy as he can stand and feel the surface of the moon.

"My turn!" Stanley also hops out of the moon, followed by Stevenson.

"Wait... who will be in charge of the LM?" Stevenson asks

"Everything will be fine. Did you turn off the power?" Stanley replied

"No, I didn't. Do you want me to?"

"Sure, saving power at the LM will be important," Stanley stated.

Stevenson walks back to the LM and turns off everything, including the oxygen and CO2 Scrubber, while Stanley plants a Canadian flag. Then the two walked to the bluish aura that is still lingering in the caves. Mike has fear of dying on the moon, but Stanley said everything will be fine. After Stevenson turns off the power he got back to his friends, but Stanley had walked far away.

"Wait, aren't you coming with him?" Stevenson asks

"I'll wait for him to identify what was that blue thing," Mike replied.

Unfortunately, the bluish aura was gone. Bob started to panic, but he tries to calm himself down. Stevenson is the master at cave exploration but he resisted the urge to call him in. Bob keeps exploring up the mountain, where he lost contact with his friends. He had no idea what was happening, until a creature, sitting at the nearest crater, and he can overhear crying noises. How can he hear something from the vacuum?

"Prithee, who was this?"

Stanley was shocked, he looked nearby at the moon but no one was there. Stanley starts approaching the creature. Her mane was bluish and flows to the surface of the moon. He had no idea what it was, but all of sudden a beautiful bluish and magical gaze appears towards him. He stepped back, thinking that this is a threat, but the creature approaches him and hugs him.

"I'm so happy thou art here... it was lonely and cold, and dark!" The creature said.

Stanley felt the four, feet? holding himself. Now he knows, the creature he stumbled upon, was a horse. An alicorn, to be clear. Magical tears flowed down his spacesuit, and he lost contact with his friends.

"Who art thou?" The alicorn asked

"Stanley. Bob Stanley. Nice to meet you. And you?"

"I am Luna."

The mythology was right about a winged unicorn who was trapped in the moon for 1000 years. Although he heard it from only a cartoon they were real and present. Only the rest of the horses are not on the earth nor in their solar system.

"So... what were thou doing here?" Stanley asked

"I was trapped in the moon, banished very far away which must be the moon of Equestria but we think our sister banished us in the wrong place," said Luna

"We? What do you mean by we?"

Luna shows the three of her form. Luna, Princess Luna, and Nightmare Moon.

"Oh... so you guys are ponies?"

"Yes, we are. I heard thou were talking with thy friends, can thou bring them here?"

"Yes, of course. One minute," Stanley said and leaves Luna, and calls the two of his friends.

"Hey guys, hey guys! It's magical!" Stanley said to the two of his friends

"What was magical?" Stevenson asked

"Come on, you won't believe it was real but she is real! The mare who was trapped on the moon!"

"A mare? What mare?" Mike asked

"You know, ponies, but this time it was a winged unicorn dubbing themselves as Alicorns."

"They were real?!" Stevenson can't believe

"Yeah, come take a look!"

The three of them walked to the crater again with high curiosity, except for Stanley, he had seen it all by his both eyes. A beautiful bluish gaze at them again, and they think by themselves 'so it was real...'.

"Prithee, introduce yourselves."

"Stevenson." Followed by Mike, "I am Mike."

"Luna. So thou were from the Earth above us?"

"Exactly," Stevenson replied.

"Thank thou for visiting me. Our world was very, very, far away from here. I just can't imagine how my sister banished me to the moon."

"You were banished here?" Stevenson asked

"Wait, what's happening with my oxygen?" Mike was confused as he can breathe without oxygen.

"Mine as well! Is it because of magic?" Stevenson asked

"Does that mean..." Mike asked and takes off his helmet, and 'breathes' on the vacuum of the moon.

"You're right! We don't need this. They're too heavy."

The three started to take off their spacesuits and comes out with three gentlemen who were wearing formal suits.

"We forgot to take off the suits, gentlemen."

"Hehe, yeah. This is transcendence! How can I live without oxygen!" Mike starts to walk away, but he didn't expect the magical aura's end, making him suffocate.

"No! Don't go furthereth! Our magical aura ends nearly 25 yards!"

Stevenson quickly jump to Mike before he died from suffocation.

"Thank you. I was almost dead."

"You got the flashback?"

"Nope"

"Next time ask how far the range of the magical aura. It's only 25 yards from Luna's location. That's about 22.9 meters."

"Copy. I'll nail that in my mind."

"Okay, let's go back."

While the two were on their way back to Luna and Stanley, Stanley asked,

"So how were the ponies look like?"

"They are like us, only with shorter hooves and pointy nose tip. Except for the stallions, they have a rectangle-like mouth and nose. How ye can find out about us?"

"I was about to do a secretive illegal moon landing."

"Illegal? Why is that?"

"You see, only two countries on the earth that had access to the Moon, and it were only the US and Soviet."

"Thou art not from any of those?"

"No, I was in Canada."

"Wait, looks like we have heareth about it before."

"You know Canada?"

"Canada in the Americas right?"

"Yeah! How do you know?"

"That's where we ponies originated!"

"Ponies came from Canada?? But I didn't see any ponies there."

"All of us moved to nowhere, and we build a civilization there. Now we were living far away from thy Earth."

"Oh, so... why do you move?"

"Thou have no idea, but our ancestors are still unknown. Legends say that our ancestors moveth to Equestria because of the somewhat magical book they grabbed, and they are dragged in the book."

"So it is like they are in a fantasy world or, something?"

"Yes, now we just realize our world was... fake!"

"And there is no way you ponies can get out of the fantasy world where you were trapped in?"

"Fausticorn is the one who owns the book, but she had arisen from the Earth. All she left were not only ponies but a book. A pony touched the book 25 years after Fausticorn arose, and then all of a sudden everypony get sucked into a fantasy world."

"That must have been happened long ago, right?"

"It's just a legend that we ponies came from Earth because how did we get whiteth eyes, and most of thy Earth organisms had whiteth eyes as well."

"It's still a mystery?"

"Many theories about how we ended up on the magical land of Equestria. Rumors about we cameth from thy Earth, some others say that my sister ain't a goddess because a goddess shouldn't live in this, and thy worlds."

"You know, we believe our God sent his son to our Earth to save us, humans, from sins."

"We've heard about Him as well, He created the Earth right?"

"Yes, and He probably created you, or... well I don't know."

The two walked back to Stanley and Luna. Luna told them that the moment humans visited them, it is time to return to Equestria.

"May the stars aid our escapeth from the Moon!" Luna said.

"Wait, this is a prison?" Mike askd

"Yes, but a prison for us."

"So you are going to escape." Stanley asked

"We don't know how to thank thee humans. But we offer thou, dost thou willing to join us in Equestria?"

The three were happy, and sad at the sad time. The reason is that they are going to leave the Earth forever, and meet new and fantasy species called Little Ponies.

"Mike, leave a message in case anyone finds out the LM and the flying CSM," Stanley ordered.

"Yes, sir. What will be the message?"

"Anything, let's say we will leave forever."

Mike hopped to the LM and leaves a voice recording that says:

If anyone hearing this, I am Mike. Bob Stanley brought me and my friend Stevenson here. Our mission was only for moonlanding, but we found a strange bluish aura that was considered a mythology. Now that it was real, and she offered us to join them in a magical land of Equestria. She was a very beautiful, winged unicorn dubbing themselves as Alicorns. We may won't return for a long time, or maybe forever.

Mike saved that in a recorder and left it on a control panel. He hopped out of the LM with high happiness because he had enough of the bullies attacking him.

"So, what did you say?" Stanley asked

"Pretty much ready, of course," Mike replied

"I meant the voice message."

"Oh..." Mike said the message he left as a voice message in the LM.

"Wow you made it more dramatic haha," Stanley stated

"Just imagine someone finds out about this, maybe the Soviets or the future Moon Landing, they may try to solve this 21st Moonlanding mystery," Stevenson stated

"Haha, let's go then!" Stanley said

"Brace thyselves, humans!" Luna started intoning a spell to free herself from the moon. And yes, the three astronauts were gone too. What's left on the moon were three spacesuits, a perfect Lunar Module, hasn't detached yet, and a Canadian flag they planted earlier.