• Published 19th Nov 2023
  • 1,269 Views, 39 Comments

Nine Leaf Clover - Flash point



Destiny or chaos, I wouldn't know the reason, but for some reason my life had a clean slate. Now I am Wizbell Star, a little colt with great desires to explore magic and this new place full of Ponies?

  • ...
5
 39
 1,269

Chapter 2 | 'A normal morning'

Just in case, I go back to the light magic section. <To move magic, one must first feel it, and to achieve that, it is easy to do so when the foal sits quietly and concentrates on their own horn while imagining the brightest star on a very dark night>

Look at the illustrations, but the explanations are on a similar level, understanding the idea wasn't difficult.

With the book closed in front of me, I decided to do something that I had read many times, meditate, so I calmly sat on the floor in the position that is most comfortable for me right now, while concentrating on my horn, to do that, I have to become fully aware of my horn like when one discovers a wound.

*Tic... Tac...* <I see it>

Something blurry moved in my vision even though I shouldn't be able to see something with my eyes closed.

The darkness that filled my vision, was interrupted several times when I saw something golden move and escape my mental focus, I couldn’t concentrate my eyes on that, but at that moment I could feel that it was guiding something towards my horn after several seconds or minutes of trying, it became easier and easier to gather this energy, I could feel how I was close to performing real mag-- "Wizbell!! Come and have breakfast!"

All my concentration was destroyed the moment I was called by my new mother, out of habit I opened my eyes and directed my gaze towards my mother, only to see her standing at the entrance of the kitchen now without the magic wall, allowing me to see the dining room and the kitchen behind.

The table was filled with several cupcakes placed in the shape of a pyramid.

<Magic can wait, these treats can't> My priorities were clear when I got up from my place to go wash my hands... I took a few steps until I felt confused for a moment as to whether I should do that or not, as my hands would end up very wet from my coat, plus I'm a unicorn and I have magic!

I turned to look at my father's adult exemplar according to his trophies and he just waved me around to follow him into the kitchen.

My father continued to read his newspaper while magically he brought a cupcake to his mouth, my mother on the other hand was using her hands as she leans on the table while watching me intriguingly waiting for me to taste her food.

It was a comfortable silence that filled the house as I only focused my gaze on the cupcakes, several ideas passed over my head to use Telekinesis which should be a second natural ability for a Unicorn, but that would be an Adult, I am still very young... 7 years in fact. <Weird... anyway>

I took a lot of air into my lungs and as a ritual I have done in my previous life if this is not a dream, I expelled the air from my body along with all the restlessness and unnecessary feelings leaving behind a total concentration on the focus of using my magic to bring a cupcake to me, I rested my hand on my stomach politely to avoid making bad habits of making hand signs to use magic, it is a good help, but when I am older I will have to eliminate that habit, better to avoid it now, I have the patience of a young adult, something much better than that of a hyperactive child and desperate for instant results.

So far, I had not been able to perform magic because of the previous interruption, but the confidence to achieve it and the desire was in me ready to do magic, with the little practicality I possess I gathered magic in my horn.

<Hang in there... A little more> My vision was filled with a golden hue along with a warm feeling on my forehead.

The tingling in my horn was the signal and the trigger to perform all the steps, 1.- Gather magic, 2.- Give it a focus and 3.- Activate it or release the magic and let it complete its task.

It was strange to be able to feel the cupcake without using my hands, a completely alien feeling for me, but I didn't let it distract me as I controlled the magic as best I could to draw the cupcake to me.

The cupcake wobbled all the way, sometimes I almost lost focus and let go of the cupcake, but I managed to bring it in front of me and enjoy a sweet bite.

"Mmm~~!" Close my eyes as I enjoy the sweet taste of well-matched tropical fruits and the euphoria of making magic. <I am a Wizard!~>

"This delicious mommy!" I opened my eyes and congratulated my new mom as I took another bite of the cupcake that was bigger than my hands.

*Trigger* A blinding flash hit me in the eyes catching me off guard and when I regained my vision, I could see my two new parents happily looking at two photographs of a contraption similar to a Camera, this had just printed a few photographs of me, this surprised me and at the same time not, but it made a silly and cheerful smile show on my face when I felt again that comfort that only a family can give, something I hadn't felt for a long time and thought I'd lost.

Laughter rang out throughout the house, filling my heart with joy and hope that this sweet dream would not be compromised by reality or nightmares.

In the end I only ended up eating 3 cupcakes before I had to wash my hands to continue, as I had wasted too much magic by my poor control, my mom dry my hands with a spell.

My parents were elated as they watched me react, I could only show a silly smile.

After a few more laughs, we all finished breakfast, out of habit I ended up helping to clean the dishes, although it turned out that it was unnecessary.

"Thank you so much, honey, but I can do it alone, look" When I looked up there was a row of dishes moving as they were cleaned and placed on the shelves.

"Woah~ Amazing, and I can barely drag a cupcake here" I looked my hand until my father called us.

"Because we didn't go out for a hike, the weather team indicated that today would be a very pleasant morning" my father said from the frame of the dining room/kitchen entrance.

"Give me a few more seconds to leave everything clean and tidy, honey" The pace of cleaning easily tripled, along with the greater concentration of magic that was easy for me to perceive in all the things held by my mother's telekinesis.

Until now I hadn't been able to observe her well, but I see that she has a strange drawing on her side at her waist, a pink balloon with a star inside, I think I saw something similar in my father.

<I don't have one, I guess it's part of some ritual or culture, maybe later I'll find out how they manage to have such detailed tattoos on their coat> I straightened up once I didn't see a drawing on any of my sides. *Click*


"So where are we going?" I asked curiously as I observed the street, the people passing by and some guards, not soldiers or policemen, but the militia itself with medieval armor and spears apart I noticed that so far, they are all the same.

"Because the guards are all gray and I can't tell them apart" Curiosity overcame my introverted side.

"Wufufu~ They look the same because of an enchantment on their armor, it's to protect their loved ones" My mother stroked my head while letting out a small laugh of delight.

My father only showed a small smile as he holds his pipe and walks beside me keeping me in the center.

<Woah! Journey to a magical medieval world!! This dream just keeps getting better!> I had to take faster steps to keep up with my parents, but seeing magic everywhere... It's just... I have no words.

<!!! > "Oh, I see something has caught your eye! The Canterlot’s Library, the place where you can find almost any book in all of Equestria" My mother said proudly.

"On the way back we'll go to the library, for now let's move on" My father led the way so my mother and I followed.

I tried to ignore it, but some, rather, a lot of people were surprised when they saw me staring back at them, other looks were different and not directed at me, but at my mother and they were easy to see their meaning, Jealousy.

<I see there's a story behind both of my parents> I decided not to think about it anymore and matched my parents' pace as I held my mother's hand, which only brought a bigger smile to her face.

"You shouldn't cry, there's no need to cry, now there will just be more happy memories to make" My mother turned her back to me as she whispered something to herself, I don't know what she said, but I can only give her a smile when she turned to look at me.

"Uuh, our colt is very cute, Willston!" I was dragged into a fluffy, loving embrace.

"It's true, I feel like I'm dreaming" My father's voice sounded a little faint, as I listened to them sound joyful, on my neck above my heart, a small knot formed. <I feel the same way too>

Slowly a fear formed in my heart... That all this was false, just a dream, the feeling of comfort that the two of them have shown me in these 2 hours, has left a small mark on me... I guess I really missed having a family, someone who cares about me.

"YOU'RE FINE??!!" My mother grabbed me by the face and then began to inspect me.

"Something hurts, somewhere, tell me, mommy will heal you, just tell me why you're crying!" Its horn took on a light green glow as I was soon surrounded by a very warm and fluffy feeling.

A laugh came out of my mouth as I saw her get excited and show so many emotions through her body and ears that they were shaking frantically, my father looks serene, but his eyes and ears show how worried he is now.

Whether it's a dream or not, I don't want to hold back my words again and even less so for those who are my family, so many regrets, I don't want to experience it again.

"I am fine, I am just to happy" I hugged my mother trying to get my message across through actions.

We inadvertently provoked a scene in public, but no one complained, instead many people seemed happy, even if we interrupted the flow of pedestrians, something strange, but I guess it's a cultural thing.

The walk continued as normal until my father took us to a park in the center of Canterlot where a bunch of families and a few groups of teenagers gathered.

<There are very few men> After some time walking through the streets and observing all kinds of people with different colors, I realized the scarcity of men, after a few I got used to distinguishing women from men, obviously it was easy because of their big busts and hips, But as always, there's variety and tastes for everything.

<Oh... > When I came back from my thoughts, I realized that my parents had taken me to the playground of the park, several children ran by, playing tag and there were many more playing different things or just enjoying passing the time.

I found all of this uncomfortable, so I turned to look at them to refuse to participate but was met with two expectant looks at my actions.

Take a breath and move on to the calmer group <Just turn off your brain and let yourself be influenced>

As I approached, several stopped and looked at me curiously, but it was only momentary as I kept walking, heading to the small group of children/foals playing in the small sand area.

When I finally arrived with them, I could see a small mound of wet sand shaped like a castle.

The children who used to argue, now looked at me... A little apprehensive as if I was going to destroy their castle at any moment, one of the girls stared at me scrutinically for a few seconds.

"Is it great, and if you make a river to put a bridge in?" I finished getting closer as I started digging what would be a river.

"Yes, but not very wide" "Let's use these stones for the bridge" "Let's use these sticks as streetlamps!" Quickly everyone went back to their own business, some continued to argue while others went at their own pace.

I inadvertently lost myself adding details to the castle by using a stone flat enough to define contours.

I had never struggled to bring out my inner child and this moment was not an outlier either, I only realized the passage of time when my parents called me back.

<I haven't finished detailing the columns and roofs yet> Resigned, I left the castle and half the town in the hands of the others.

I still don't quite understand the reason for coming to the park, I don't think it was just to let me play with some kids, but I don't think they will tell me.

I looked at the sky and the sun barely reached its peak, as I walked holding hands with my parents who looked more relaxed than when we left the house.


-=[1 hour before]=-
-=[Alegria's Pov]=-

This whole morning seems so unreal, I feel like at any moment I will wake up and remember this more like a nightmare than my reality could ever be.

My dear love took everyone out for a walk something normal, the walk was to calm us down more, we took Wizbell to the square with other foals, as soon as I saw him playing with others as others do is when I realized that my son was now normal, whatever he had was cured this morning.

The walk was only to calm our emotions and not cause some magic wave, watching him play on the sand was something hypnotizing, seeing how he concentrates to define the smallest details, how his ears move in anguish when by mistake he destroys some things due to his clumsiness.

My dear Willston accompanied me in silence giving me his presence as a support enjoying the view, some parents took advantage of the moment to make friends, but the two of us were totally immersed in the sight of our dear foal playing with others, there was no trace of anything he had before.

I had checked him with my magic before when I freaked out with his tears, his body is completely healthy, his magic core and horn are stable, in fact, they are better than the last check I did on him there was more movement... There was life.

Thanks to Celestia, I don't know what happened this morning, but finally our foal is okay.