• Published 23rd Sep 2021
  • 1,456 Views, 23 Comments

A Technological Displacement - Tenebris Lucifer



Power comes at a price, but not everyone is prepared to pay it

  • ...
4
 23
 1,456

Prologue

I had just gotten home from school and I was absolutely fucking tired, going into my room I throw my backpack onto my bed and turned on my computer to hop onto Discord to chat with my friends. But when I got on I noticed some stranger had pmed me. Asking me if I had the chance to leave my world behind would I? After a minute of thought I responded, ‘Hell yeah.’

‘Alright if you say so,’ He said before sending me a link to some website called the Power Lottery; opening it up I’m presented with some sort of tier list the weakest being tier one and the strongest in regards to abilities being tier 5 but the one with the most potential was Tier Ex as it would allow me to keep most Omni-powers so for fun I chose it. Clicking on the roll power button three times after the third click the computer screen turned snow white and then shut off.

“Stupid piece of shit.” I muttered trying to turn it back on to no avail, sighing I got out my homework and started doing it while listening to some music.

Later that night

I had just finished my homework while waiting for my PC to turn back on. I fruitlessly tried to turn it back on again. Sighing, I thought to myself that maybe after I take a shower it will have turned on, but when I opened the door instead of the living room I was met with a dark room with some sort of surgical table in the middle of it. Slamming my door shut I went and got my Machete, that I would normally use to cut mesquite bushes, and brought it out with me. Though as soon as I stepped out of my room I felt a sharp pain in my neck, turning my head I saw a man in a lab coat with an empty syringe. “Curious,” He said whilst tilting his head “That should’ve knocked you out immediately well no matter it’s kicking in”

My machete fell to the floor with a clatter as I started to feel weak, I tried to run but my legs failed me. With a smile the man walked up to me and said, “Don’t worry everything will be explained when you wake up, sweet dreams.” That was the last thing I heard before blacking out.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading my story, and as this is my first story please point out anything wrong so I can correct it.