• Published 5th Mar 2024
  • 693 Views, 21 Comments

Cadance The Crystal Princess - Sean Tan the Brony



Princess Mi Amore Cadenza is not who she said she is, she had no idea WHO she really is

  • ...
2
 21
 693

Chapter 9 - The Plan

Several ponies and creatures stood before the currently empty throne in Canterlot castle; Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and now fully-awake Princess Twilight Sparkle, along with Prince Shining Armor, Solar Guard Captain Crimson Chaser and Lunar Guard Captain Night Shadow. Beside the prince and the two captains were the crystal ponies and the crystal creatures.

Shining Armor took a deep breath, steeling himself for what was to come. With a heavy heart, he began to recount the events of the past three years, his voice laden with remorse and regret. Celestia and Luna listened in silence, their expressions a mixture of surprise, disappointment, and understanding.

"I am disappointed in you," The solar princess finally spoke, her voice gentle but firm, as Shining Armor flinched back under her gaze. "That you would think I would turn my niece into a statue for something beyond her control."

"I'm sorry, your majesty," Shining Armor replied, his voice heavy with shame as he continued. "I know Cadance and I should have trusted you. But we were just so afraid."

Celestia sighed, a gesture weighted with the burden of understanding. "Now that's out of the way," she said, her tone shifting to one of resolve as she continued. "I think it is time to share what Yeth and his friends have told us."

"Indeed," Luna agreed, her eyes reflecting the weight of the revelation about to unfold.

Just before anyone could speak, a scroll with the seal of Crystal Empire emblazoned onto it suddenly manifested from blue fire in front of the solar princess, causing her to grab it via her magic.

Confused, Celestia undid the seal and read the letter out loud.

Dear Princess Celestia,

I hope this letter finds you well. Today, a remarkable event unfolded in the Crystal Empire, one that I feel compelled to share with you.

As I was attending to my duties, a sudden surge of magic emanated from the Crystal Heart, enveloping both myself and the citizens of the empire in a shimmering coat of crystalline essence. The atmosphere was one of jubilation and astonishment as the crystal ponies erupted into cheers, their joy reverberating throughout the kingdom.

Curious about the cause of this extraordinary phenomenon, I sought answers from the crystal guards, who were equally caught up in the revelry. To my amazement, I learned that Princess Amore had finally been reunited with her family—a momentous occasion that filled the hearts of all with boundless happiness. Does the name 'Amore' ring any bells for you?

And thirty minutes ago before it happened, I was going through the library when I stumbled on a page that belonged to the History of the Crystal Empire. According to the page, it stated that there were actually six more Crystal Hearts in each of the outpost cities. It said that the outpost cities were served as a first defence before the barrier while the Crystal Hearts protect the outposts from blizzards. It also stated that they are built from distances away from the empire, so the guards could see threats coming in Frozen North before the empire does. The name of the outpost cities are Outpost Artic, Outpost Frost, Outpost Crystal, Outpost Snow, Outpost Shard and Outpost Blizzard.

Anyway, I shall continue my investigations into this matter and keep you informed of any further developments.

Royal Crystaller,
Sunburst

Twilight, Spike and Shining had their mouth opened as they processed the news Sunburst had written on the scroll. The three crystal ponies and the crystal creatures could not stopped themselves from giggling at their reactions.

The two captains and the royal sisters were starting to get concerned as Twilight, Spike and Shining stayed silence after a while before it was broken by the Prince.

"SI-SIX CRYSTAL HEARTS?!" Shining cried.

"IN SIX OUTPOST CITIES?!" Twilight and Spike exclaimed in shock and disbelief.

"Yes." Celestia said as she lowered the scroll down as her ears were pinned to the back of her head to block out sounds.

"Regardless!" Luna interjected, redirecting the conversation. "Now you know that there are currently six outpost cities with six Crystal Hearts somewhere in the Frozen North, which mean Cadance could be in one of them. We just need to find it."

"Your majesty, wait!" Night Shadow suddenly blurted out. "What about Storm King? If both of you leave Canterlot, what to say that he and his army will try to attack again?"

Both the solar princess and the lunar princess inward cursed themselves, they were so focused on Amore and Cadance, they had forgotten about the Storm King's kingdom. Now they had to make sure to look out for any signs of Storm King's kingdom activities.

"That's where we come in." Clover interrupted as she, Hurricane and Dew walked up to the royal sisters, getting everyone's attention.

"We know which outpost cities Princess Cadance is currently staying because me and my friends have lived in the Frozen North for a thousand and fifteen years and we know the way." Dew said.

"But the journey won't be easy as there are hostile frost animals roaming between the Crystal Empire and the outpost cities." Hurricane stated. "So I recommend that you send at least a small team of four to us, that way we can protect them easier and get to the destination faster."

Both Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor stepped forward. "Me and my brother volunteer for this mission. Cadance is one of our family and we will find her."

Spike nodded in agreement. "I'm in too. I can send messages when we reached the destination and even breathe fire for warmth during our journey."

"Meanwhile..." Mallow Sear spoke up. "Furx, Midnight, Yeth, Grimmy, Sunblade and me will stay behind to help your captains out in case of Storm King's kingdom attack again."

Celestia nodded her head. "Which leaves only the fourth member in question."

The group pondered for a few moments before Twilight spoke. "How about Flash Sentry? He is one of high-ranking ponies in the Crystal Empire Royal Guard. He has experiences in aerial attacks and recons. And as a pegasus, he can help us in looking out for incoming threats from a distance."

As the Princess of Friendship's proposal hung in the air, a flush crept up her cheeks as she recalled her previous encounters with Flash Sentry. Shining Armor's eyebrow arched in amusement at his sister's sudden fluster, a knowing grin tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"It seems like an excellent choice," Shining Armor remarked, his tone laced with amusement as he continued. "And it's not just because of your... previous interactions, right, Twilight?"

Twilight stammered slightly, her cheeks burning brighter as she hastily clarified, "Of course not! It's purely based on his skills and qualifications for the task at hoof."

Shining's expression softened, understanding evident in his eyes as he looked at Twilight. "It's a solid choice," he affirmed, his tone reassuring. "We'll need all the expertise we can get on this mission."

"Good idea." Luna said. "With the Storm King and his army still out there, we can hardly spare any more guards than we have to. On the other hoof, the ERG (Elite Royal Guards) military is seldom used these days. Aside from the occasional monster attacks, it spends all its time training, so its soldiers should be readily available.”

Crimson Chaser chuckled. "Well, that is true. We haven't had any major fights since the changeling attack on Canterlot during the wedding of Prince Shining Armor and Princess Mi Amore Cadanza."

"I will get Flash Sentry to be re-assigned to us, when me and my siblings get back to the Crystal Empire." Shining said before adding. "Anything else?"

"Only what the guards should do in the meantime,” Night Shadow asked.

Midnight walked up beside Clover and spoke up. "I recommend we have the Canterlot Royal Guards and Elite Royal Guards to reinforce the defences. We can have some guards to patrol the Canterlot's surrounding area to make sure no enemies are scouting and assign some ERG regiments for recon to pinpoint the Storm King's stronghold. By gathering intelligence on the enemy's movements and positions, we gain a crucial advantage in our preparations for any potential conflict."

Celestia thought about this for a few moments, before answering. "I agree. The Royal Guards and the ERG will reinforce the defences and patrol around the city. However, we cannot send out recon teams. At least, not yet."

Yeth arched an eyebrow and asked. "Yeth wants to know why not."

The solar princess sighed before answering the crystal yak's question. "We can't, not until things have calmed down a little. When that has happened, we will be able to spare a few ERG regiments to recon for Storm King's stronghold. Once we have located his stronghold, we will figure out the next plan. I also want to reiterate that all discovered Storm King's soldiers are to be captured and brought to the dungeons for interrogation, not killed or unnecessarily harmed. Is that understood?"

"Yes, your majesty!" The two captains said as they saluted Princess Celestia.

"That is all, you are dismissed." Luna said before the two captains and the crystal creatures left the throne room.

"As for you six..." Celestia spoke, getting Twilight, Spike, Shining and the three crystal ponies attentions. "I believe you have a mission to go."

< < < < < < < < < 💙 > > > > > > > > >

The next day, Crystal Empire

As Lieutenant Flash Sentry patrolled the vibrant streets of the Crystal Empire, he couldn't help but noticed the heightened energy that seemed to electrify the air. Everywhere he looked, crystal ponies moved with an extra spring in their step, their voices filled with eager anticipation for the imminent arrival of Princess Amore. Even the usually stoic crystal guards couldn't suppressed their excitement, their disciplined strides now punctuated by animated conversations and cheerful greetings to passersby.

Flash Sentry, a brilliant gamboge pegasus with a two tones of moderate sapphire blue mane, was currently on patrol with two crystal guards, their spears being held in their hooves. He could hear the two crystal guards were talking to each other excitedly.

Observing the lively scene with a mixture of bemusement and understanding, Flash couldn't fault the fellow citizens of the Crystal Empire for their enthusiasm. After all, the events of yesterday had been nothing short of miraculous, with the unexpected return of Princess Amore sparking newfound hope and joy throughout the empire.

His thoughts were currently on the lavender alicorn. Ever since the Princess of Friendship had first bumped him when she entered the throne room for her first princess summit a few years ago, he could not stop thinking about the alicorn. Her blushing face. Her beautiful lavender coat. Her attractive violent eyes. To his, she was a perfect mare.

His thoughts were cut short when he saw Prince Shining Armor walking up with Princess Twilight Sparkle and Spike at his sides, along with the three crystal ponies he does not know. "Lieutenant Sentry?" Shining called out.

Straightening up, Flash snapped to attention. "That's me, sir," he replied with a salute. "What can I do for you?”

"You have been re-assigned." The prince said.

"Re-assigned? Did I did something wrong, sir?" Flash asked with worry in his voice.

"No you didn't do anything wrong. All you need to know is that you will be under the joint command of me and my sister, for a special mission into the Frozen North. The details of this mission are on a need to know basis, and you will be briefed further on soon." Shining reassured him.

Flash Sentry opened his mouth for a few seconds before he started to talk. "You and your sister are organizing this mission directly? I suppose I should get ready, when do we leave?”

"In one hour, Spike and the three ponies will also be accompanying us." The prince said as the group began to make their way to the Crystal Palace.

"I see..." The orange pegasus nodded his head before he asked. "So, what's this mission about, sir?"

The Princess of Friendship answered the guard's question. "Like my brother said, it is a need to know mission. But I suppose you should know."

The lavender alicorn began. "Well, apparently Princess Amore is alive and Cadance, my sister-in-law, happens to be her daughter."

Flash gave Twilight a disbelief look and said. "Wait... what?!"

"I know, it's a lot," Twilight responded, her voice tinged with urgency as she continued. "And to add to that, there are actually six outpost cities hidden somewhere in the Frozen North, each containing a Crystal Heart. Cadance is located in one of these cities."

"Wow, that's a lot to take in." The lieutenant admitted before asking again. "So, who are the three ponies we are bringing along?"

"Oh, they are Clover the Clever, Commander Hurricane and Dew Nourish." Spike answered before quickly adding. "And no, Clover and Hurricane are not changelings, they are real. They just been living in one of the outpost cities for a thousand years, assisting the Crystal Imperial Guards in searching for Princess Amore's scattered fragments for the past fifteen years."

Flash stared at Spike for a couple minutes before shaking his head and said. "I see. Where do we meet after an hour, sir?" He asked the prince.

Shining said. "At the entrance of the Crystal Empire."

The lieutenant saluted before the group go their separate ways to gather supplies for the journey.

< < < < < < < < < 💙 > > > > > > > > >

One hour later, Crystal Empire's entrance

Six ponies and a dragon stood before the entrance of the empire; Princess Twilight Sparkle, Prince Shining Armor, Lieutenant Flash Sentry, Clover the Clever, Commander Hurricane, Dew Nourish and Spike. Twilight and Spike were wearing scarves for warmth while Flash and Shining were wearing their armors. Each of them had saddle bags filled to the brim with supplies while Flash took on the additional burden of three sturdy tents.

"All right..." Clover spoke up, getting the other's attentions. "I need you four to listen to us very carefully. The journey between the empire and outpost cities will be extreme difficult as there are many hostile frost animals roaming around in the Frozen North. They are nothing like the animals you guys deal back in Everfree Forest. These creatures are more intelligent, nearly indestructible, and exceptionally ferocious."

The three ponies and the dragon couldn't stopped themselves from gulping as they took in the information Clover and her friends before they nodded their head in agreement.

"Now, the outpost city we're heading to is Outpost Arctic," Dew said, her voice steady, her spear held firmly behind her back. "Expect a significant presence of frost animals there. Stay vigilant and watch each other's backs. Any questions before we embark?"

The three ponies and the dragon shook their head.

"In that case..." Hurricane said, his gaze swept over the desolate landscape as he continued. "Let's not linger. We must press on before the blizzard arrives."

With that, they set off into the Frozen North, their resolve unshaken despite the challenges that awaited them.

Author's Note:

More information about outpost cities.

Until then, hope you enjoy this chapter. :raritywink:

Edited by Bronyshot2020