• Published 2nd Sep 2021
  • 1,858 Views, 75 Comments

World at War: Protectors of Harmony - TasteDaRainbow



Bravery doesn't mean you're not scared. It means you'll go anyway. Join Twilight and her friends' adventure in the middle of World War 2.

  • ...
6
 75
 1,858

Earth

Just another relaxing day in Ponyville. Rainbow Dash was speeding through the air, like she did on most days. She enjoyed the wind going through her mane, she enjoyed the adrenaline from going so fast, she enjoyed just about every aspect there was for flying. That's to be expected from the fastest flyer in Equestria.

"This is going to be a great day!" Rainbow Dash said with a smile. The wind rustled her rainbow mane and tail, "I don't have any more weather patrol, might as well to take some nap and-" She was cut off, by the familiar voice of Twilight.

"Rainbow Dash!" The purple alicorn shouted, causing Rainbow to put on her brakes, nearly causing her to crash into a cloud. She looked down at Twilight with an annoyed look.

"What is it Twilight? This better be important!" Rainbow said, flying down to where Twilight was.

"It is, Rainbow. Do you remember that time I had to travel through a mirror, to go get my crown from the human world?" Twilight asked. Rainbow did remember that, she even remembered when Twilight said, 'hands' and she had no idea what it meant.

"Um.... yes, why do you ask?" Rainbow asked, with a curious look.

"Well," Twilight pulled out what seemed to be a piece of paper, "This spell can let us go to another human world like that one, except this one is different in many ways." Rainbow went into thought.

"So... you are going to another version of the world you went to?" Rainbow asked, rubbing the back of her head in confusion. Twilight nodded.

"Yes, but in order for it to work, we need six ponies or more..." Twilight's voice trailed off, not really wanting to be rude to Rainbow. She, however caught onto this, and smiled.

"Sure, I would love to go with you to this, weird human world," Rainbow Dash put her hoof to her chin in thought, "I wonder what it will be like to be a human..."

"In this world, you don't get changed into a human when you go through, you stay pony, I think." Twilight said.

"Aww... oh well, still I would like to go." Rainbow said. Twilight giggled at her response.

"Great! We just need our other friends for this to work." Twilight said, and Rainbow nodded.

"Well then, let's get..." Rainbow's voice trailed off, as she suddenly felt something was wrong. Something really bad, in fact.

"Rainbow? Are you okay?" Twilight asked, causing her to snap out of her little trance.

She blinked several times before coming back to reality. "Oh... yeah, I'm fine. Just got a feeling about something, that's all." Rainbow said, with a smile. Twilight gave her a suspicious look, but soon shrugged it off, as it just because Rainbow was being Rainbow.

"Alright, whatever you say," Twilight stated, "I'll go get Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Spike and you get the rest." Rainbow nodded as they went different ways to find their other friends.

"Wait!" Rainbow called, making Twilight stopped in her track.

"Yes Rainbow?" Twilight asked from her shoulder.

"Meet up spot?"

"We'll meet up here again." Twilight said as she trailed off.

"Alright!"

...

Rainbow Dash, along with her friends, were all gathered in an open field. Each of them had a look of curiosity on their faces, except for Pinkie, she had been bouncing all the time when Twilight mentioned about the human world they were about to enter.

"Umm... why am I here again?" Spike asked, looking at Twilight.

"I'm sure you won't mind if you come with us, Spike," she replied, "Besides, I know you'll come in hoofy if I need some advice."

Spike smiled at her and gave her a nod. She nod back.

"So... this is the different world from Sunset's?" Applejack asked.

"Darling, how will we get to this, 'Human World' again?" Rarity asked. Twilight walked up to the fashionista, smiling as she did.

"All we have to do, is use this spell, and then we should be there," Twilight then turned to Applejack, "And yes Applejack, this isn't Sunset's world. Is everypony ready?" She asked.

"Umm... is this... safe?" Fluttershy quietly asked.

"I'm sure it is, Fluttershy." Twilight looked to her friends and all gave her a nod of approval. "Alright, let's use the spell then." As she said that, her horn glowed with a bright purple light surrounded them, as they all turned into nothing but a white light, and slowly vanished into thin air. What they didn't know, something horrible was waiting for them... on Earth.

~

Twilight stirred as she regained her consciousness. She blinked her eyes several times, sat up and rubbed her head while letting out a groan.

"Ow, what happened?" After regaining her vision, she looked around the area she found herself in. She was in a forest, no, they were inside a forest. She noticed all of her friends lay unconscious on the ground. Realising what just happened, she stood up and walk to Rainbow.

"Rainbow?" She said as she shook the cyan pegasus. Her response was a groan. "Rainbow? Can you hear me?" She asked again.

Rainbow slowly nodded but still lay on the ground. Twilight sighed in relief and trot to the others to wake them up. After a few minutes of waking up, all of her friends sat in place while rubbing their heads. Applejack was the one who spoke up.

"What in tarnation..." She looked at her surroundings and notice they were inside a forest, and so did everypony else.

"Where are we?" Rainbow asked.

"Forest." Rarity simply replied.

"I-it looks like E-Everfree to me." Fluttershy said nervously.

"Who cares! Let's go!" Pinkie shouted to them while bouncing to a dirt path but immediately stopped by Twilight's magic.

"Hold it, Pinkie. We should stick together now. We don't know what's out there." Pinkie nodded vigorously with a big smile. With that, all of them followed the dirt path, hoping that they would get out of the forest. Rainbow was very quiet all along, she was on her thoughts most of the time.

"You alright Rainbow?" Twilight asked when she noticed her friend was lost in thoughts again.

Rainbow snapped back to reality once again. "Y-yeah Twi. I'm okay. Just has this bad feelings, is all."

"Well, your worries will soon be replaced with excitement once you see those hands you're so curious of." Twilight replied with a chuckle.

Rainbow smiled a bit. Her friends somehow knew how to distract her from her thoughts. "Yeah, I would love to see it."

After a few minutes of walking and small conversations, they saw a light not far away from them. Spike was the one who got excited first.

"Guys! I think there's the end!" He shouted while pointing his claw at the end of the road.

"Ah'll see if anything is clear," Applejack said as she trotted towards the light. The others soon followed her and stopped when they were at the edge of the forest. All of them were hiding in the bushes, just to be cautious for anything that might be a danger for them.

"Is that... humans?" Rainbow quietly asked while pointing a hoof to a group of humans. All of them turned their gaze to her direction and saw ten humans with grey uniform were talking to each other while holding something tightly in their hands. Behind them was some kind of a shack. A very small and old shack. Probably just fit in a room.

"They sure are humans." Spike replied with a smile and looked at Twilight, who was also wearing a smile. "Come on. Let's go and meet them." He said impatiently.

Twilight nodded and walked out of the bush, along with her friends. All of them approached the talking humans and when they were close enough, Twilight took a deep breath before she spoke.

"Hello."

The humans turned their gaze to the ponies and left wide eyes.

"Zum Teufel?!" (What the heck?!) One of the soldiers said. All of them immediately pointed their weapons to the ponies, but confusion still plastered on their faces. The ponies backed away in fear as they saw this.

"Umm... we didn't mean any harm." Twilight tried to calm them down but it was no use. They all spoke to each other until all of them nodded their heads. The ponies couldn't tell what they were talking about because the language wasn't like they expect it to be.

One of the humans walked to them and quickly grabbed Twilight by her horn. She let out a gasp and then shout in pain as the human dragged her to the shack.

"Hey! What are you-" Rainbow was cut off when something hit the back of her head and immediately dropped to the ground.

"Rainbow!" Applejack was about to help but stopped when a human hug her tightly from her back. "Let me go you-!" He didn't listen. Applejack was struggling until the human slammed her into a tree. Knocking her out of her consciousness.

Rarity was screaming when a soldier grabbed her by the horn and dragged her too to the shack.

"Rarity!" Spike shrieked but a soldier quickly lift him up and cupped his mouth with his hand. It only took a minute for the soldiers to dragged the ponies into the shack. Once the door opened, all of them got thrown inside and the soldiers quickly shut the door and locked it from outside. Rainbow managed to gain her composure and flew fast to the door in attempt to break it. But sadly, it didn't work, making her stumble backwards while panting heavily.

"What the buck was that?!" She screamed while rubbing her head. "If we able to get out of here, I'll buck their teeth down so bad!"

"Applejack?" Fluttershy suddenly said as she walked closer to the orange pony. They turned their gaze to Applejack and saw her lying on the floor, not moving a single inch.

"Applejack?!" Rainbow screamed as she trotted to her friend and shook her. "Applejack, can you hear me?!"

"Move aside, Rainbow." Twilight spoke up and sat on her haunches. Her horn glowed and beginning to scan her friend's body. She let out a sigh of relief as she found her friend didn't have any injury. "She's all right. She's just unconscious."

"What are we ever going to do?" Rarity asked, trembling in place. "These dust are keeping my coat dirty! And those humans didn't make anything better either. They should learn more about manners." Twilight looked at the ground and sighed. She didn't expect this to happen. Heck, she didn't know anything about this world. All she wanted was to take her friends and show the new world. She was the one who responsible for this. She looked around and saw an oil lamp hanging in the middle of the room, providing a dimly light to them.

"All right, let's just go back." She replied. All of her friends nodded vigorously. Twilight's horn began to glow purple and the light slowly got brighter and brighter. They closed their eyes and that's when all of their mouth left agape. A slight blast from her horn making Twilight suddenly stumble backwards and crashed to a pile of books.

"Twilight!!" Spike shrieked as he ran up to her. Twilight let out a groan and sat on the pile while rubbing her horn.

"I'm okay, Spike." She replied.

"What happened?" Pinkie asked frantically.

"I don't... know..." Twilight replied, "My magic didn't work."

"Nonsense, darling, I could still levitate some objects." Rarity said as she levitate a book with her magic. "See?"

"I know, but what I meant is that I couldn't use my magic to create the portal." The room was filled with heavy silence after hearing that words. "Let me try it again." Twilight said and stood up. Her horn began to glow again but to no avail, it still didn't work. "I guess magic doesn't work properly here." Twilight sighed and lowered her head.

"So, what do we do now?" Rainbow asked, her tone was quite high. "We can't just sit here and do nothing!" Twilight looked at the cyan pegasus with a sad look.

"We can't do anything, Rainbow." Rarity said. "Those humans are far more powerful than all of us." The room fell into another silence.

"This doesn't like what we expected at all." Spike said while crossing his arms. "I don't know these humans will be so cruel." Her friends nodded in agreement while Fluttershy still caressing Applejack's mane.

Twilight looked up at the ceiling and closed her eyes. "Who ever is out there... please... help us..." A tear managed to escape from her eye. "I'm sorry..."