• Published 27th Aug 2021
  • 203 Views, 0 Comments

A Court of Beasts and beauties - GRYFFINDOR123456



BOOK 1. When Sunset Shimmer leaves CHS to carry on Tamlin's rule, she vows to protect the wild animals. But when Klaus(A series of unfortunate events) kills one of her kind, Sunset keeps him hostage. But Klaus's feelings burn for Sunset.

  • ...
 0
 203

chapter 5: I meet our hostage

Lucien dragged a boy of about 16 into the room. He had short wavy brown hair and wore round, brown glasses. He was about 5 ft 5, 5 ft 6, I couldn’t tell. He was taller than me, I was only 5 ft 4.5. Short for my age. Lucien nodded, and put the boy on the floor. “Don’t hurt him.” I said sharply. “I know mortals are supposed to hate our kind, but father only went out to find me. He is under our protection.”

Lucien sighed, his metal eye hard as stone. “You did it to my mother.” I continued. “You gave her mercy. Now I follow in his footsteps.” I turned to the boy. “What’s your name?” I asked in a soft, but kind voice.

“Klaus Baudelaire,” he said, shaking from head to toe. “I’m truly sorry about him. My family, they were in need of food. I was desperate. If I had known...”

“It doesn’t matter,” I said. “Honestly. He was getting old anyway. He knew he would die.”

“What will happen, by the way?” he asked. “To my family. My sisters. My friends. My Guardian.”

“We will give them wealth and luxery.” I said. “They will be content. But if you escape, your family will have nothing.”

Klaus nodded. He looked around, at each person, at me, at Lucien. At everyone.

“Now,” I said. “Alis will take you to your room. You can go anywhere... But the west wing.”

Klaus nodded.


Klaus POV
Alis led me into a large room, adorned with fancy patterns and exquiste ornaments. I saw an ornate wardrobe, bedazzled with mirrors that sparkled because they were so clean. I then looked at the large bed, the bed bigger than the bed at home, which only had room for 2 extraordinarily thin people. Myself and a friend, Duncan Quagmire.

Alis led me into an ensuite bathroom, and took off my clothes and bathed me.
She then got me into a pair of clean, brown trousers, a grey short-sleeved t-shirt and a black smart jacket, very much like the jacket I wore when I first arrived at Count Olaf’s. She put on my glasses for me and led me downstairs.

“Tea?” she asked. “It’s harmless. It won’t hurt you.”
I shook my head. Now she was standing up, she looked about my age maybe older, judging from the height. I was 5 ft 6. She looked about 5 ft 4.

She smiled, her teeth pointed and sharp, as sharp as knives. Probably lethal.
“Something to eat?” she asked. “You must be starving.”

She gestured to a seat next to her. I hesitantly took it. “What do they call you?” I asked.

“Sunset Shimmer.” she said. “My name is Sunset Shimmer.”

Author's Note:

Hello, readers! Hope you are enjoying the story so far! This is not the end. There is much more to come for this story.

Please please please tell me what you think of it. I’m planning to write more stories similar to this, but not the same.

GRYFFINDOR123456