• Published 20th Aug 2021
  • 2,352 Views, 36 Comments

The Great and Delicate Trixie - DogSomeOre



The on going's of a certain blue mare's life and where she has ended up.

  • ...
4
 36
 2,352

Ch. 8 - Hunger spike

Light fills your closed eyes as you hear the sounds of nature around you.

"Ugh morning already?" You say to yourself with a tired voice. A lump of some sort is felt on top of your chest as you wiggle your body around slightly to wake up. Opening your eyes hesitantly, a pony lies sleeping soundly on your frame. Confused and a little startled you look to the scene around you to find that tree's and grass surround you. And just like that you remember what happened last night. Trying to wake the tired mare seems futile as she lays sleeping like a rock. You slide her off your chest gently and place her head on the ground. You still aren't sure where your hotel is but you're sure you'll find it eventually.

Sitting next to the restful mare you can't help but notice just how cute she is. You think how calm she looks now as compared to the nervous wreck she was yesterday and are happy to see that prideful face once again. You still have no idea what would have provoked such a response as you've never took Trixie as the type to get emotional but it is welcomed change to see that side to her.

The mares eyes flicker wildly from the sun beating on her tired face and she sluggishly moves around to see what surrounds her.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty." You say jokingly, alerting her to your presence. "Ya know I gotta say, you really are a heavy sleeper." You continue.

Trixie looks at you with one eye slightly opened and the other almost fully awake and smiles softly.

"Yes well a mare does need her *yawn* 'beauty sleep,' especially from the the long distance it took to get to Canterlot. In any case I would've slept a lot better if it wasn't on such a rugged floor."

"Don't forget you used me as a pillow." You add.

"I uh... oh right, I did didn't I.." She responds with a hint of embarrassment lingering in her voice.

"Hey it's fine I know you needed somebody last night so I'm glad-"

"I-I know it's fine, why wouldn't I know it's fine, Trixie was just tired is all."

"That's all? The crying, uneasiness, that look you had on last night, you were just tired?"

Trixie moves her eyes in different directions as to try and find what to say. She looks back to you and clears her throat before responding.

"Look it honestly doesn't matter why I was how I was last night, it's not important to you so it's best we move on and forget about it right?" Trixie says with sureness in her voice.

"Oh no, I'm not forgetting that easily. I don't know what it is with you but you really need to stop being so closed off to me. You had me worried last night and I'm not about to forget how distraught you were." You tell her a matter-of-factly.

"And why would I make you worried?" She says questioning your answer.

You pause for a moment trying to find why you actually are worried about this mare. Ever since you first met her you've been jumping high over heels for her and for what? Out of the goodness of your heart? Maybe but that answer doesn't leave a satisfactory feeling with you.

"Honestly Trixie.... I don't know myself."

"You don't... know? How do you not know?"

"I can't explain it I just.... well ever since I met you I just...." How do you even tell her if you can't even figure it out yourself?

"You know what never mind. It was a stupid question anyway." Trixie says

"No Trixie it isn't a stupid- I just- ugh, lets just get out of this forest already. It's cold as it is and I haven't eaten anything in Celestia knows how long."

"Didn't you pick up food yesterday?" Trixie asks

"Yeah I did...."

"And? Didn't you eat already?"

"No."

"Huh?" Trixie looks at you confused.

"Well part of the reason I found you here was because I sorta kind of got my food stolen from me."

"Somepony stole your food?!"

"And it lead me here, to you." You tell her

"Oh geez Anon how could you be such a clutz?"

"It's not like I planned for someone to take my meal...."

Trixie shakes her head and sighs softly at your situation. "Well it can't be helped, come on lets go get something to eat." She tells you.

"Only problem is I don't have anymore bits, they kind of took that too." You tell her.

"Don't worry about it, come on lets go."

"Trixie I said- hey!" She pulls you along side her and just like that the two of you are off.


-------*-------
"So what are you in the mood for? Pancakes? Eggs? Muffins?"

"Trixie I- ugh can you stop- pulling me along." You tell her as she runs with you in hoof faster then you thought you could go. She stops in her tracks and looks at you.

"What now Anon? I thought we were trying to get you something to eat." She says in a semi-frustrated tone.

"Trixie I told you I don't have any bits. I can't exactly get food with no money."

"And I told you not to worry about it."

"Huh? How are going to get food then?" You say to her.

"Anon tell me, how dense are you."

You look at her with confusion still not saying a word. She rolls her eyes and flips open her saddle bag with her mouth to show you something.

"See?" She says to you.

You look to see bits of the dozen sitting inside.

"Whoa Trixie how did you get that much bits?" You say awe struck at the amount she's carrying.

"You know ponies work too."

"So then what do you do?" You ask with curiosity.

"Ugh what is it with you and all these questions? What's important is that I have money, now come on lets find somewhere to eat already. All this talk is starting to make me hungry too."

You and Trixie walk along the streets of Canterlot examining places all around to eat at until you finally come to a decision.

"Ok how about there?" You ask the unicorn.

"This place, really?" She asks.

"Why is something wrong with it?"

"Anon if it's where you want to go then lets go." She tugs your arm to head through the door. Inside you're greeted to pop songs of which you've never heard in Equestria before. The whole place looks like a little girls dream as pink frilly decour liters the whole place.

"Oh no not this song." Trixie says begrudgingly.

At the counter you're greeted by a green mare wearing a strange looking outfit.

"Hello and welcome to Mindy's Mouthful Mountain!" The mare says excitedly, maybe a bit too excited.

"Is it just the two of you?" The mare asks you and Trixie both.

"Yes just us heheh." Trixie says through gritted teeth. Her smile seems pretty tacked on and noticeably her eye is twitching. You stare at her worryingly as Trixie doesn't look the least bit comfortable.

"Splendid!" The green unicorn shouts out and Trixie closes her eyes at the the shrieking of the sound.

The waitress leads you both to a booth far out to the corner of the restaurant and the two of you begin looking at each of your menus.

You look at Trixie to see her face burrowed in her menu mumbling something to herself quietly.

"Uh Trixie?"

"Huh, what, huh?! Oh it's just you Anon." She looks off her menu frantically looking around before noticing you were the one calling her name.

"Everything alright?" You ask.

"Still going on with the questions? Yes Anon I'm fine."

"From where I'm sitting, you don't look it." You tell her

"We came here for you, not me. Now then, find something you like so you can finally get some food in you and stop worrying about me." She tells you. By the tone in her voice she tries to shrug it off but you have a feeling there's more to it then that.

Not pushing it any further however, you look back at your menu to try and find something good. All the words are written in a wacky font that you can't put your finger on and the food names are just as comical as the font used itself.

You look back up from your menu undecisive on what you're going to get. "You find something yet?" You ask the blue mare.

"No not... well maybe I'm not really sure..." She says to you while studying the words on the page.

"Yeah me neither." You say admittedly

A few moments pass until the waiter comes back.

"Well, well, well, howdy!" She says with glee. "You folks ready to order?"

"Ummm..." You pause looking at the menu to finally just decide.

"I'm ready when you are Anon." Trixie says.

"Uhh I guess I'll have the Rockity Rocked Pancakes of Rockerton? What the he-"

"Splendid! And for you ma'am?"

"This." Trixie points with her hoof at the order not wanting to say it aloud.

"Oh I do just love me some Hey Hay Hayers and Hay Sticks!" The mare says excitedly.

"Uh huh." Trixie says visibly annoyed.

The waitress walks away with orders in hoof and leaves you and Trixie once again by yourselves.

"What is with this place?" You ask her.

"It's uh... certainly a place." She says to you.

"Have you been here before?" You ask

"A couple times yes." She replies.

"Is the food good?"

"It's.... passable.... not the worst thing I've ever had, not the best either. To you it might seem like the best thing since your stomach is probably craving food."

"You know Trixie I have to ask..."

"Hmmm?" She looks at you with anticipation ready to hear whatever it is you have to say.

"Why take me all the way out just to eat? I could've just stopped by my hotel to grab some bits I had laying around but you decided to take me out to eat anyways? I have to say I think you're really starting to warm up to me." You say to her playfully.

"Pssh." She chuckles nervously while waiving a hoof at you. "Nonsense Anon. I just thought that since you were hungry that I might as well go out and eat as well. Nothing weird about it.... right?" She says unsure of herself.

"I mean no there's nothing weird about it, just think it's a nice gesture is all." You say reassuring her.

You both finish up your meal and Trixie pays for both of your food. You head out the door and back to the streets of Canterlot.

"Well I hope you feel a lot better now." Trixie says to you with a small smile forming on her face. "The amazing Trixie always shows her generosity in anyway she can."

"Yeah well I do appreciate you buying me food, even if it wasn't the best thing I've ever had."

"Well I'm glad I can be of service." Trixie says bowing her head as she acts out a small performance right in front of you.

"But why were you acting so strange? It seemed like you really didn't want to be there."

"To tell you truth I can't stand that place. I went there as a little girl and had a... lets say, unpleasant experience." She says admittedly.

"What? Why didn't you say anything then? You seemed so uncomfortable the whole time. We could've just found a different place Trixie."

"Anon, I told you I was being generous, besides not everything should be about me, you've helped me with 'things' and I feel I should do the same in return."

"Aw you do care about me!" You say teasing her.

"Don't get sappy! Trixie's gratitude only goes so far you know." She says looking to the side with her eyes closed.

"Well beside that." You say trying to change the subject. "We still need to fix that problem of yours."

"Problem?"

"I told you Trixie, I'm not leaving your side until I find out what caused you to act like you did last night." You say with seriousness.

"Anon I..."

"Trixie.... come on.... whether you like it or not I'm here for you and that's not changing anytime soon."

Trixie sighs to herself and looks down to the floor before looking back up at you. "Ok Anon. If you really want to help me so much then you can."

"That means you need to be more open with me." You tell her.

"Yeah I know.... it's just a little hard for me is all."

"Well that's a first step!" You say gladly.

"What? I didn't even say anything yet."

"Actually, saying that being open is hard for you is something, even if it is a little."

"I guess so..." Trixie says.

"Well come on, let's head back to your place. I'm sure we'll be able to talk there more."

"M-My place?! Way to be forward Anon, I didn't even invite you." She says with a little snarl.

"You're stuck to me like glue!" You say.

"Fine. I guess you can come, but only because you want to see my wonderful place once again." She finishes off looking up and placing a hoof on her chest.

"She really likes to act so dramatic doesn't she?" You think to yourself

From the streets the two of you make your way to Trixie's wagon, walking hoof and foot to get there. You still need to make your way back to Ponyvile eventually but as it is right now, you don't mind trying to be of assistance to someone that seems to need your help, or at least that's what you think.