• Published 20th Aug 2021
  • 2,352 Views, 36 Comments

The Great and Delicate Trixie - DogSomeOre



The on going's of a certain blue mare's life and where she has ended up.

  • ...
4
 36
 2,352

Ch. 2 - Stubborn as a mule

The birds chirp, almost as a beckoning for all the mares and stallions in Ponyvile to get up and start their day. Light fills your eyes and you can hear snoring not to far from where you are.

There she lies, the pony you attended to last night. Laying in your bed where you gently put her to rest, you sitting across from her in one of the chairs you had in the kitchen, bandages now covering her once bleeding hooves and a soft cloth wrapped around her frame as to help the small gashes and scraps on her back to heal. You aren't much of a medical guru, but you tried your best regardless.

"Well she looks a lot better then she did yesterday at least." You think to yourself, cautiously looking at the mare's face hoping she'll be ok.

You head downstairs and into your kitchen to prepare food for you and your uninvited guest sleeping soundly as a rabbit.

Moments pass as you almost get finished making supper until you hear a loud *THUMP* along with an echo of a feminine "ow!" Coming from upstairs.

You walk back up to see how your guest is doing and see her on the ground trying to get up, but the pain just won't let her.

"Oh you're awake!" Is the first thing to leave your lips, looking down at the distraught mare, she's surprised to see you and gives you a grimace before speaking.

"What did you do?"

"What did I do? Well that's a loaded question." You say to her, not really understanding her meaning.

"Why am I in some strangers house, of an unfamiliar species I'm not aware of?! Furthermore, why am I,... ouch!... hurt." She says to you, trying to get her baring's but to no avail.

"I don't think you're in any condition to stand up quite yet, here let me hel-"

"Don't you even think about touching me!" She says to you with a particular moody scowl in her voice. "I don't know what you did or why you're out to get me specifically but-"

"Out to get you?" You cut her off, baffled by the words she's saying. "Lady I don't even know you. I just saw you were hurt and decided to patch you up, that's all. If I was out to get you I would've probably just left you face planted in the dirt from the tree you fell from." You say to her, trying, albeit not in a very direct way, to explain how she got here.

"The tree..." She says to herself trying to recollect the happenings that went on yesterday.

"Well that still doesn't explain why I'm in your house. What, you going to eat me? Trixie can handle herself you know." She says in a snarky voice to you.

"Listen, I know it's weird and honestly be it happenstance or what have you, I decided to help someone- or rather some pony in need. I'd be glad to send you on your way but as it turns out right now you're still badly hurt and are really in no condition to walk. Is there a friend in particular I can go and get to have pick you up?"

She stares at you with confusion and uneasiness before speaking again.

"....Well actually as it so happens I do have a friend.... many in fact... not that some... thing like you needs to know, Trixie is very famous in whatever situation she may find herself in. Magnificent as the moon, beautiful as the cosmos themselves. Trixie is-"

"Are you putting on a performance or something?" You say mockingly, taking her out of her monologue and back to reality.

"I don't need to explain anything to the likes of you. Now if you excuse me *grunt* I'll be, ow, leaving."

Seeing her struggle to get up once more you hold her up by her front hooves and place her on the bed, to the dismay of herself.

"I said I can handle myself."

"Uh huh... seems you were doing great just a minute ago." You say teasing her.

"No matter, I'll be leaving... just as soon as I feel like it." She says to you, laying all hooves down on your bed with a smug yet still pained looking face.

-------*-------
Hours pass by while doing chores around the house until you decide to check on the mare that you assume is still resting on your bed.

Walking back up stairs and into your room, you see the blue mare fallen at the side of your bed once again.

"So I guess you don't feel like leaving yet huh?" You say to her in a mocking manner.

"Ha ha very funny wise guy. Honestly if I could I would just so I could stop listening to your voice."

"Harsh."

"Anyway can you just, you know, take me home instead? It seems that whatever injuries you've inflicted on me aren't going away anytime soon and Trixie would really like to be alone."

"I didn't inflict any- ah forget it." You finish your sentence in a defeated tone.

"Besides that, what about your friends? Shouldn't they be more qualified to take you home? After all, I am such a huge threat to you."

"Well... about that..." She looks away from you, rubbing her hoof behind her neck seeming unsure what to say next.

"They're most likely busy with other things, life and what have you and it would be rather rude for me to just barge in on their personal endeavors. In any case you're the one who caused this, so it should be your responsibility to also take Trixie home."

Suspicious but not questioning her, you agree to help take her home, if anything just for this mare to be out of your hair is enough to agree to her demands.

You walk over to grab her front hoof to help her up when-

"What do you think you are doing?" She looks at you with confusion and a scowl on her face.

"Trying to get you out of my house and into yours?"

"And why do you think you can just have your way with me willy nilly?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't. Touch. Me. Do I need to spell it out?"

"Ok miss princess, then explain to me how in fact you're getting home if you can't even stand on your own two- four hooves?"

She actively stops and thinks for a moment before coming to an answer. "Crutches. You got crutches don't you?"

"For ponies?" You ask, confusion reigning in your voice as you genuinely didn't know that was a known thing in Equestria.

She looks at you with eyelids lowered and frustration written all over her face before answering. "You're kidding right? Yes for ponies. Who else would it be for." She says in a deadpan tone.

"Well I-... no actually I don't."

Frowning and visibly disappointed, she sighs to herself before speaking. "Fine, can't be helped I suppose. It seems as if you'll have to carry me all the way home then."

"Carry you?! Look, I'm all for letting you lean on my side to help you walk but carrying you?"

"Must you make things so difficult? Alright fine. I'll lean on your side and you'll be my support, sound good?"

"A lot better then carrying dead weight..." you mumble to yourself.

"Oh what was that?"

"Nothing oh so magnificent one. Come on let's go."

Without another word you motion for her to give you her hoof and hesitantly, she accepts. You see a mixture of uneasiness, fear, pain, and frustration on her face as she looks away from you while you're helping her up.

"Easy, easy, don't want your gashes to be opened up again do we?" You say to her as you try to slowly and carefully get her up as not to hurt her.

"Yeah I- ouch- guess just... be gentle would you? Trixie isn't trying to make her situation anymore worse." She says to you, looking away; a hint of red appearing on her face.

"Don't worry I'd rather the situation not get any worse then it has to be either."

Walking downstairs, the two of you walk out the door and into the brisk sunlight that is now shining upon you.

Walking down the street, Trixie tells you the direction to head and the two of you slowly but surely head there one foot and hoof step at a time.