• Published 2nd Sep 2021
  • 396 Views, 90 Comments

Descendants Of The Isle 3: Rise of the Royal Villain - Melody Song



During what should be the happiest time for everyone, the Villain Creatures must deal with new troubles from right under their noses.

  • ...
7
 90
 396

Truces

As Tempest and Discord headed out of the cavern, Discord spoke.

“I guess that’s the reason he mentions you a lot.” he said, looking at his claws. Tempest stopped, and Discord paused as well.

“...Luna is the only one who knows that he’s my uncle.” Tempest told him. “And as far as I’m concerned, he doesn’t even exist.”

Discord nodded in understanding, and they headed out.

--------------------------------

Sandbar was on his phone, struggling to relay orders without Pharynx to help explain how the guard ran. “No, I need the royal guard giving out gas masks. Well, not everyone’s asleep!”

He hung up and turned to the servant waiting patiently by the door to his room.

“Find out if anyone’s seen Yona, and if she has a list of demands.” Sandbar ordered, and the servant left. He sighed, pulling off his jacket and sitting down at his desk.

“Just one.” Yona’s voice said from behind him, and he jumped, turning to face her. “I demand my life back. I’ll wake everyone up right now. Under one, itty-bitty condition, Sandy-bear.”

Yona trailed a hoof up his shoulder, and Sandbar knocked it away unflinchingly.

“Make me your queen and we’ll rule together.” Yona demanded in a soft voice.

“Yona, did someone put a spell on you?” Sandbar asked. “Tell me who and I can-”

“You can what? Marry them?” Yona asked sharply, then cackled, walking to the window. “Most people get dumped because they’re not good enough. I wasn’t bad enough. How do you like me now, Sandy-bear?”

“I liked the old Yona better.” Sandbar said stiffly. “She wouldn’t want to hurt Equus. Just give me the staff and I’ll forgive you.”

Yona held it away from him. “You’ll forgive me? I don’t think so. Sleeping is too good for you!”

She blasted Sandbar with the staff and he fell over. Yona walked to the window.

“Sleeping is too good for Equus!” she shouted, the staff flashing with light.

Elsewhere, Rising Dawn and her sister Nebular Star were rushing up the steps to the Museum of Equus History, when a bolt of lightning struck down and enveloped them. In a flash, the two were stone.

----------------------------------

Back on the Hidden Isle, Tempest and Discord had regrouped with the others, and they were heading for the barrier.

“Alright, get in, get out, got it?” Tempest asked, and they all nodded. “Pharynx, you still got the-”

“Remote that turns on the bridge, yep.” Pharynx pulled it out of his jacket and activated it, making the barrier give them a doorway.

The group walked through the barrier. As they did, Tempest tapped the Bell with a hoof, and in a flash she was back to normal. Except now, her outfit was a sleek black and purple bodysuit, and her mane, rather than being in the same style Gabby and Smolder had done for her when she had returned to the Isle, had become a deep, dark purple, with blue fades weaving their way in and out of it.

“Woah…” Pharynx stared at her, then kissed her cheek. “You look beautiful.”

Then, as they stepped forward onto the remnants of the stone part of the bridge, three blurs shot through after them. They cried out and turned around, seeing Fleetfoot, Rainbow, and Soarin standing behind them as the barrier closed again.

“Hey guys, we’re just coming for a little visit.” Rainbow said, as the three tried to get past them.

“Oh no you don’t.” Gallus pushed Rainbow back as Pharynx and Tempest stepped in front of the other two.

The six began struggling, and Soarin shoved Tempest, who dropped the bell.

“Wait, no!” Tempest cried, as Rainbow kicked it, sending it flying. “No! If we lose it-”

Something orange and red swooped down out of the sky and caught it. A bright orange and red phoenix, carrying the bell in its talons.

“Somecreature drop something?” Spitfire’s voice came out of the phoenix’s beak, chuckling.

“Spitfire!” the three pegasi exclaimed

“It can’t get burned!” Tempest shouted, horn sparking. “Give it back to me before it melts!”

“Heheh… you know my power.” Spitfire said, smirking at her. Flames surrounded the phoenix, and the bell.

“No!” Tempest shouted.

But as the flames disappeared, Spitfire stood before them on the broken bridge, the bell dangling from her hoof.

“Hey team.” she said, and Fleetfoot rushed to her.

“Thpitty!” Fleetfoot threw her hooves around Spitfire, kissing her cheek.

“Heh, welcome back.” Soarin said.

“We thought you flew off and forgot all about us.” Rainbow said.

“Planning her revenge, no doubt.” Tempest muttered, and Spitfire scoffed.

“It’s not all about you, Tempest.” she told her, looking to her team. “I was looking for a hole in the barrier, to let everycreature out. And you know what I found?”

“What?” Soarin prompted, and Spitfire glared at the VCs and Discord.

“It’s way better on their side of the barrier than we thought! There are these weird moving rocks called turtles. And clouds so thick you could sleep on them! And they’ve been keeping it all for themselves.”

“Whatever.” Tempest held out her hoof for the Bell. “Spitfire, I need that to break a spell.”

“Cast by Yona, Prince Rutherford’s daughter.” Gallus added

“Oh, so the good guy’s the bad guy.” Spitfire said, laughing. “Well, I might not give it back. See what happens.”

“Spitfire, it’s not the time for games! Creature’s lives are in danger!”

“Oh no… E-Ember, h-her party…” Thorax realized, looking over at Equus in the distance. Pharynx put a hoof on his brother’s back.

Spitfire chuckled, then held up the bell. “Guarantee me that every single Villain Creature who wants to can get off the Isle.”

“I-I can’t do that.” Tempest admitted.

“Oh?” Spitfire ignited her wing in flames, holding it close to the Bell. “How about now?!”

“Deal!” Tempest shouted, holding out her hoof. “Deal.”

Spitfire raised a brow, wing fluttering close to the Bell. Luna, who had been standing with Discord, jumped forwards.

“Spitfire! Her word is good.”

Spitfire glanced at the Bell, then chuckled softly. “I’ll still keep this.”

She lifted up her necklace, holding it against the Bell. The Bell shrunk slightly, and Spitfire unclasped her necklace, slipping the Bell onto it.

“For the time being. If you think I trust you to save the world on your own, think again.” Spitfire grinned and turned to her team. “This is a job for Sky Pirates!”

Tempest glared at her, and Thorax moved over.

“W-We can always go back to hating each other when this is over.” he told her quietly.

“...Fine.” Tempest agreed stiffly.

“Now, where’s our stuff?” Pharynx asked the pirates, who grinned.

“Oh, we left them on the other side of the barrier.” Rainbow told him. Pharynx snarled, raising a hoof, but Thorax pulled him back.

“Hey, you still have the ring, that’s what matters.” Thorax whispered to him, and he nodded slightly.

“Here’s a thought.” Luna stepped forwards, wings fluffing. “We could try to be friends. Put our history behind us and celebrate our differences.”

Everyone stared at her for a minute, and while Thorax seemed hopeful, looking from his brother to the pirates, the others shot her deadpan looks.

“Let’s go.” Spitfire said, beginning to walk off.

“Nope!” Tempest stepped over. “I’m in charge. Let’s go.”