• Published 2nd Sep 2021
  • 395 Views, 90 Comments

Descendants Of The Isle 3: Rise of the Royal Villain - Melody Song



During what should be the happiest time for everyone, the Villain Creatures must deal with new troubles from right under their noses.

  • ...
7
 90
 395

A Plan And A Truth

“Did you need something Thor?” Ember asked softly, and Thorax blushed.

“I… yeah, I…” Thorax pulled out a small blue box with a red ribbon on it. “I meant to give this to you at your party, but…”

Ember took it gently from him, smiling. She opened it, and her eyes widened, lifting the gift out of the box. It was a necklace with the word Embrax hanging from a gold chain. The ‘x’ had a small pair of gems, a teal opal and a ruby, on it.

“I-I made it with the 3D printer in the dorms, before school ended.” Thorax explained nervously. “I-It’s our names put together, you know?”

“Heh, yeah, I get it.” Ember said, looking at it. “Ember and Thorax make Embrax.”

“Heheh, yeah!” Thorax said eagerly. “I could’ve done Thember, but… I went with Embrax… d-do you like that better? I can remake it-”

“Thorax.” Ember took his hoof, smiling at him. “I love it, it’s perfect.” Ember smiled and set it in his hoof, turning around. Thorax giggled and reached up, placing it around her neck and fastening the clasp.

Pharynx chuckled, watching his brother hug Ember, the necklace glinting around her neck. He then looked at Tempest, and took a breath. He reached into his jacket, opening his mouth to say something, but then Sandbar trotted over.

“Snowdrop!” he called, and she looked over. “Go with Ember, Celestia, and Luna, we need to find Rising Dawn and Nebula Star.”

“Uh, they might need some muscle.” Spitfire pointed out. Ember looked over.

“Hey! Are you saying I can’t be tough?” Ember asked.

“Well, I’d feel better knowing you had a little extra backup…” Thorax said, followed by the others nodding agreement. Pharynx nodded, dropping the small box back into his jacket and giving an inaudible sigh.

“Well, I could go.” Soarin said.

“Me too.” Discord put in, eyeing Celestia, who blushed slightly.

“No, you stay here.” Tempest said, as the group of five headed off.

“Be safe.” Thorax told Ember, who nodded, blushing.

“Alright, the rest of us will head to Secret Cottage. Let’s get ready.” Tempest said, and they nodded.

-----------------------------------

Later on, that night, the group crept through the forest, Sandbar in the lead. Gallus stuck close by his side, the group following behind. Sandbar took Gallus’ claw and led him over to an ornate metal gate, opening it carefully and creeping in. Tempest rushed over, the Bell held carefully in her magic. She stood beside the couple as the others followed them. Sandbar then led them to the door and pushed it open loudly.

They were met with silence. The cottage was empty. Pharynx rushed up the stairs as the others spread out, looking around. Spitfire conjured a flame with her wing, lighting a torch on the wall and grabbing it, using it to light the room. Pharynx came back down the stairs, shaking his head.

“Not upstairs.”

Then, they heard a frantic pounding. Sandbar, who was closest to the source-a door-unbolted and opened it. Blueblood was crouched beside the door, looking shell-shocked.

“Blueblood?” Pharynx, Sandbar, Tempest, Thorax, and Gallus asked. He looked up at them.

“I want my mommy…” Blueblood whispered. Sandbar reached down and pulled him up.

“What happened to you, Blueblood?” Sandbar asked, and Blueblood seemed to register who it was.

“Sandbar! Sandbar!” Blueblood grabbed him, shaking him slightly. “S-She’s gone? The door’s open… I’m free. Freedom!!”

Blueblood rushed out of the cottage, continuing to shout happily. Rainbow began laughing as they left the cottage.

“Well, clearly Yona was here…” Tempest sighed as they left

---------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Celestia, Luna, Ember, Snowdrop, and Soarin ran over to the steps of the Museum of Equus History. There, they found both Rising Dawn and Nebula Star frozen in place, looks of worry on their stone faces.

“No!” Luna cried, rushing to her mother. “Mommy! Mommy!”

“Mother!” Celestia ran to Rising Dawn, touching her cheek. “M-Mom…? I-I don’t know if you can hear me… but… today’s been crazy…”

The others watched silently, sitting down on the steps as Luna followed her cousin’s lead.

“Everybody’s under an evil spell… but on the plus side… Dropsy and I are together now.” Luna said, smiling slightly. Snowdrop blushed as Ember and Soarin elbowed her.

“We’ll figure out how to undo this, mom.” Celestia promised, hugging the statue. “We’ll figure out how to make this right.”

The others smiled softly at the two girls, who then joined them. Luna snuggled up against Snowdrop and Celestia leaned dejectedly against Ember, who rubbed her back in comfort.

-----------------------------------

The group headed back through the forest, and Spitfire sighed, stabbing the torch into the ground, the flame still flickering.

“Alright, let’s get this Yona girl taken care of already.” she said, and Tempest chuckled. “What do you say Temp, about time to wrap things up?”

Tempest chuckled and nodded, hoof-bumping her. Sandbar looked at them for a moment, then smiled. “You know, someday, you guys are gonna have to tell me how you all got teamed up.”

“Oh, it’s because Tempest promised that you’d let all the kids off the Isle once this is over!” Thorax said cheerfully, and Tempest froze. Sandbar also stopped short, causing the rest of the group to stop as well. Gallus’ beak skewed nervously as he saw his mate’s expression.

“Wait, you what?” Sandbar asked, and Tempest took a breath.

“I-”

“Wait!” Gallus stepped forwards. “I have something to tell you guys…”

“Oh, sure, what?” Thorax asked

Gallus took a breath, then closed his eyes. “...The kids aren’t coming off the Isle… we’re closing the barrier for good… and it was my idea.”

“What?” they all stared at him.

“I know, I-I’m sorry, Tempest didn’t know, that’s why she-”

“No!” Tempest pushed Gallus out of the way gently. “No, he’s lying.”

“So who’s right then?” Spitfire asked, glaring at her. Tempest screwed her eyes shut.

“...He’s not lying about the barrier, but… it wasn’t his fault. I lied. I’m the one who forced Gallus to suggest closing the barrier, he didn’t want to…” Tempest glanced up at Thorax, Pharynx, and Sandbar. “But I made him StarBlight Swear it.”