• Published 2nd Sep 2021
  • 395 Views, 90 Comments

Descendants Of The Isle 3: Rise of the Royal Villain - Melody Song



During what should be the happiest time for everyone, the Villain Creatures must deal with new troubles from right under their noses.

  • ...
7
 90
 395

Family Problems

Author's Note:

I forgot this story existed for a bit, sorry!

~Melody Song

Discord led Tempest over to a chain-link gate in an arch-shaped pathway, with an image of an outline of Grogar’s head attached to it. Tempest noticed a sign on the gate, Beware of the Bear.

“Hey, how big is that bear?” Tempest asked, suppressing a shudder. Discord glanced at the sign, then smirked.

“You’ll see.” Discord opened the gate with the key and led her inside, whispering. “Stay quiet, it echoes in here like you wouldn’t believe.”

Tempest nodded, allowing Discord to lead her through the tunnel. She heard a bear growling and jumped slightly, but Discord urged her on, showing her a minecart with a pedaling mechanism attached to the front. Tempest got in the back while Discord operated the pedals. The growling got louder the further in they went, and the tunnel flickered red. Finally, they stopped.

Discord then showed Tempest to a wooden staircase, leading to a room. In this room, Grogar slept on a couch, sunglasses over his eyes and a red fire flickering in one corner. The two crept down the stairs, and Discord pointed out the Bell, which was sitting on a table by the couch where Grogar was sleeping. The growling sounded again, and Tempest flinched, only for Discord to nudge her and point out a record being played, the source of the growling.

Tempest breathed an internal sigh of relief, then began making her way around to the bell from behind. Discord, apparently fed up with the growling, walked over to the record and stopped it. Grogar didn’t even move, but spoke.

“What are you doing here?”

Discord flinched, then turned to face Grogar, who sat up, and pulled something out of his bag. “Noticed you were low on canned hay.”

As Discord tossed Grogar the can, Tempest reached a hoof for the bell… only for Grogar’s hoof to come down on her own. Grogar took the bell, then turned to face her, staring at her silently.

“Hi… Uncle Grogar.” Tempest said, and Discord, who had pulled some chocolate milk out of his bag, did a spit take.

Grogar took off his sunglasses, giving her a look. “Quite a show you put on the other day.”

“Could say the same to you.” Tempest said

“I was just coming to see you.” Grogar chuckled.

“Oh really? I wonder why.” Tempest said dryly. “Is it because I was your way into Equus?”

“Oh Tempest, don’t be bitter.” Grogar chuckled, looking at a dusty mirror hanging on the wall.

Tempest stared at him unflinchingly, Discord creeping back up to the staircase. “You abandoned me and my father.”

“No, no, don’t get your memories twisted, I abandoned your father, you know he’s not the easiest creature to get along with. The craziness, the storm-loving, the everything.”

“You think?” Tempest rolled her eyes. “You know you were supposed to help raise me. But you left me with him.”

“See? We have something in common. We both hate your father.” Grogar chuckled.

“No. I don’t hate my father. He may have been an evil lunatic but at least he stuck around after mom died. He raised me when his own brother went back on his promise.”

“Oh boo hoo. Wake up and smell the stench, Tempest. You think you had it rough? I used to be a god! An entire world to my name! Now I have nothing! And you have no idea what that feels like.” Grogar said, storming off.

“Really?!” Tempest screamed, storming after him. “For seventeen years, I had nothing! And now, I have a home. But unless I get that Bell, it’s game over.”

“And why would I give it to you, you stuck up little brat?” Grogar snarled. With that, he began to sing.

“Listen here little filly,
You’re talking to a god
I don’t want to hear about any drama
Kindness isn’t in my brand.”

“Oh, I guess that’s why you left.” Tempest shot back.

“Try having your father for a brother.”

“You’re a terrible uncle.”

“Oh, did I make you sad?” Grogar mocked

“Not as sad as you without your magic
But I didn’t come to fight,
So can’t you for once do something right?”

“I created monsters. Were you expecting chocolates?”

“Look, I only came because I need something.”

“I’ve given you everything by offering nothing!” they sang at each other.

“I’ve done everything because I had to!” Grogar sang loudly

“No, you just did what you figured best for you.” Tempest retorted

“Well maybe it’s time you learn a thing or two
When push has come to shove
You gotta do what you have to!”

“Well, you were never here for me!
I guess you don’t know how to write!
You never sent a card to say ‘I love you’!”

“You’ve got to be kidding! Come on, tell me it’s a joke!
Just let this go, you know
You’re stronger with family issues!”

“Oh, thank you.” Tempest rolled her eyes. Grogar glared at her.

“Show me some respect, you’re wild
It’s not easy to neglect a child!
But attention only makes you softer!”

“So I should be proud?
Don’t turn this talk around!”

“You really are your father’s daughter.” Grogar scoffed

“Look, I only came because I need something!”

“I’ve given you everything by offering nothing!” they sang as one.

“I’ve done everything because it was what I had to
I’ve made it on my own, clearly no thanks to you.” Tempest glared at him dryly.

“Well maybe it’s time you learn a thing or two
When push has come to shove
You gotta do what you have to!

How about I go with you, we can have some bonding time!” Grogar suggested, grinning.

“How about you stay right where you are, if you think you’re coming you’re out of your mind!”

Tempest turned away from him, and he put a hoof around her.

“We’ll make memories and you can show me around!”

“I think I’m good, keep your memories you stinking cow.” Tempest said, and Grogar rolled his eyes.

“Get over it.”

“I am over it.” Tempest shot back.

“I’m over you being over it!” they shouted at each other.

“I’ve done everything because I had to
No, you just did what you figured best for you!
Well maybe it’s time you learn a thing or two
When push has come to shove you gotta
When push has come to shove you gotta
When push has come to shove
You gotta do what you have to!” they finished as one

“You want to make up for being a lousy uncle?” Tempest asked him, as Discord peeked back out from the staircase. “Give me the Bell.”

“The Bell only works for me.” Grogar replied.

“No, it’ll work for me. We’re blood.” Tempest reminded him sternly.

“You’re only half me, and that’s from your satyr father.” Groger held up the Bell. “It won’t do everything for you that it does for me.”

“I’ll take my chances.” Tempest said curtly. Grogar paused, then set the Bell in her hoof. She smirked and walked up the stairs.

“If it gets scorched, it’s game over.” Grogar told Tempest as she left, getting Discord. Tempest merely gave a noncommittal nod in response. He smirked slightly. “That’s my niece.”