• Published 3rd Aug 2021
  • 2,016 Views, 11 Comments

Nevermore - cerealkiller78



Beast Boy and Cyborg get transported to Canterlot High via Raven's mirror from the Teen titans episode "Nevermore". (starts during the ambush scene of Dainn's Anon-A-Miss.)

  • ...
5
 11
 2,016

Chapter 2

"Dude!" Beast Boy threw his hands up when they were gone. "What was their problem?"

Cyborg turned around to the girl he had been defending. "You alright?" he asked the distraught girl.

She didn't speak for a long moment.

"...No." She said finally, in a defeated tone. "No, I'm not alright. For the past two weeks, I've been accused of something I didn't do. All my friends abandoned me, this entire school hates me, and about an hour ago, I got a text from one of my ex friends, saying she needed to meet me here at the school. I thought she had finally come to her senses and we could be friends again...instead, it was all an ambush." She sighed. "Should have known better..." She said quietly, before looking back up at Cyborg. "Thanks by the way. I don't want to think about what would have happened if you hadn't been here, mister..."

"Just call me Cyborg." He answered. "And that's Beast Boy." He gestured to his friend who did not appear to be quite human.

"Cyborg..." She repeated, looking him over. "Seems like a fitting name..." She looked towards Beast Boy, a little taken aback by his appearance. "I must say, you're not like anyone I know around here."

"Well, you could certainly say we are not from around here." Cyborg answered. "You...you've never heard of us before?"

"Can't say I have." She said. "But where are my manners? My name is Sunset Shimmer."

"Nice to meet you and all Sunset," Beast Boy spoke up. "But could we maybe talk somewhere a little warmer?" He shivered in the cold.

"Well...there is a place we could go. But i'm not sure I'd be all too welcome..."

"Is it a public place?" Cyborg asked.

"Well, yes, but-"

"Then there should be no problem." Cyborg left no room for argument. "They can't keep you out of a public place, unless they have proof that you did something wrong."

Sunset looked like she wanted to argue further, but finally relented. "Alright." She sighed. "Let's go."
....................................
They soon reached a shop reading "Sugarcube Corner". Sunset hesitantly put her hand on the knob of the door, and opened it. A welcome warm air greeted them, and Beast Boy and Cyborg gladly stepped into the shop, following Sunset inside.

Suddenly, Beast Boy smacked into Sunset's back. She had stopped without warning, not moving for a moment.

After a long pause, Sunset moved ahead slowly, approaching a table that was currently occupied by a girl with rainbow colored hair.