• Published 2nd Sep 2021
  • 393 Views, 7 Comments

Operation blue moon: A lycentian in equestria - aegishailstorm



You never take from the federation and get away with it, ever.

  • ...
15
 7
 393

Chapter 8: Skirmish

Col. Mattralew left the library and continued to walk down the long hallway until he found himself standing in what appeared to be a throne room. Standing at the opposite end of the room was the same dark figure the colonel had chased back on Lycentia, The gladius by it's side. Col.Mattralew yelled out "Give me the Blade!, or I will take it by force!".
"NO!"
It responded back to him in a pouty voice,
"This sword belongs to me and me alone!". At this point all semblance of patience left in the colonel was gone completely gone.

"IT BELONGS TO THE LYCENTIAN FEDERATION!!!, NOW GIVE IT TO ME!". The creature did not hand the gladius to him, but rather waved it at him in threatening motion. "THATS IT!!" He yelled, He raised his rifle and fired off a burst of rounds which, to his surprise bounced off some sort of energy shield. He threw an HE grenade at the creatures feet, or rather hooves, disorientating it. Col.Matralew drew his combat knife, and activated his booster jets which sent him flying across then room. He tackled the creature, pinning it to the floor.The being levitated up the Gladius in one final attempt to stop him. Seeing this, Col.Mattralew snatched the blade right out off the air, and drove it into the creatures neck, It let out one last distorted screech before exploding.

Apparently shadow pony, and nirik biology don't mix well with mythological weapons. The blast wasn't that large, and thanks to the power armor, Col. Mattralew was completely unscathed. "Well, that certainty take's the cake for strangest thing I've seen all day" He sheathed his combat knife, and looked over at the gladius. It's crimson red glow had faded and returned had retuned to a much calmer and less obvious purple gleam, just barely visible in the moonlight. "Well, They weren't lying about this thing being powerful, that for sure!" He sheathed the weapon over his back. In the distance he could hear hooves," I best get out of here, everything within a half mile must've heard that explosion, sentient or otherwise!" He turned and sprinted back in the direction that he had came from.

On the way back he came across a pair of seemingly unsuspecting guardsponies. He fired a warning shot over their heads over their heads, causing them to drop for cover, He let out a loud booming laugh as he ran past them. He finally made it back to the room which housed the mirror. Just as he was about to step through it he he heard a voice behind him yell "Stop!" He turned to see a large white unicorn, clad in purple and gold armor," How 'bout no?" He responded as he turned and made a comedic step through the portal.


He stumbled out the other side. To be greeted by 6 marines.

"Tell Gen.Bright that I have his sword, and that he's in for one hell of a debrief"

"Understood, Sir."

Author's Note:

I'd like to imagine this music is playing in the background as the colonel opens fire:
Vampire killer(Doom version)

Skip to 0:56 for best effect