• ...
 4
 550

Adagio I - Can’t Get Urchin Off My Mind

Author's Note:

So far, you’ve been seeing the story through the guys’ eyes. Now, it’s time to switch it up a little as we see things through Adagio’s perspective.

I can’t think straight. I just can’t. Even as I try to think about finally regaining me and my sisters’ power that had been taken from us so long ago while sitting in this bed, I honestly can’t. Every time I try, he always creeps into my thoughts and disrupts my thinking.

Urchin Hook.

Honest to god, Urchin is cute, no doubt about it. It’s just I can’t seem to get him out of my mind, even when I’m trying to think about important things, like regaining our magic and defeating the girls that try to oppose us, like the Rainbooms, for example. They’re obviously the emitters of the Equestrian Magic I saw that day, for sure. Where Urchin and the other two boys fit in however is a mystery.

Flash was just a simple student, and then there was Cato. Cato Hadley, the social king of Canterlot High. I had to admit, he was extremely attractive, even if he was a nerd, as some people said he was. From what I and Aria and Sonata have heard, all it took to get where he is now was a near suicidal stunt of desperation at the Fall Formal 2 weeks ago that resulted in the Equestrian Magic I saw. Apparently, the hulking boy put a demonized student who was one of Sunset Shimmer’s two minions in a headlock, then basically faked her out by literally asking her to destroy him with the risk it would take out her minion as well. He survived, but only by the narrowest of margins. I mean, as a Siren, I’ve seen crazy things throughout the long time me and my sisters have been stuck in this world, but Cato’s stunt is probably the most craziest by far. I mean, he got his now girlfriend, who happens to be one of those accursed Rainbooms, to confess her feelings for him unintentionally due to his Hail Mary play. Impressive for a transfer student, I thought to myself at the time.

But he couldn’t match Urchin. There was just something about him that I couldn’t quite pin down that just drew me to him. I know how crazy it sounds, a Siren being attracted to a lowly mortal. And yet, here I was, having exactly that happen to me.

For a brief bit, I begin to think of what life could be like if I went with Urchin. That didn’t last long, as I shook it off.

Focus, Adagio. You’re a Siren. You’re not supposed to have feelings for mortals. They only exist for you to absorb their energy so you can have your powers and those of your sisters’ restored to you. You don’t have time for a crush on a cute curly haired boy like him.

Yet, no matter I tried to bury those feelings, they refused to go down. Like, a Siren can’t actually fall in love with a mortal while they still have some power, can they?