• Published 24th Jul 2021
  • 2,492 Views, 8 Comments

The Royal Sisters' GIANT Break - BottleH2O



An exhausted Celestia is in desperate need of a break from her duties. Luckily it looks like Luna has the perfect solution: the two of them growing into a gargantuan size in their dreams and mess around however they please!

  • ...
2
 8
 2,492

Chapter 5- A GIANT Epiphany

A lone little colt sat on a hill, telescope in front of him, and sketchbook in hoof. He poked his little nose towards the scope and looked through, towards the night sky. He frowned, seeing nothing initially, only a blank white sky, so he wiped the glass before trying again. This time hoping for a different result, only for that to not be the case.

That’s weird,” he thought, pulling his muzzle back and looked up at the sky, pouting sadly “Why can’t I see any stars? And why is the sky so white? I don’t remember mommy and daddy saying it was going to be cloudy tonight. Awww, I really wanted to sketch constellations tonight.”

The white sky on the other hand had other ideas. As the colt continued to look up, hoping for the supposed “cloud” to move, his annoyance changed into horror as he watched the sky split open, great masses of white moving up and down, revealing a glowing purple eye. An eye so large it seemingly replaced the entire night sky, staring down at the world below it. Watching. Judging.

The young little colt wasted no time sprinting back to his house at the bottom of the hill, squealing in terror. Telescope and sketchbook left behind, forgotten in his panic.


Celestia giggled as she floated in space, the entire world of Equis held in her grasp, which she was observing, taking in all the little details of the adorable little rock she called home.

“Tia?” asked a voice. Celestia looked over and saw Luna, who was now proportionally large, floating close by. She had resorted to using dream magic to catch up with Celestia’s explosive growth spurt.

“Is it my turn?” Celestia asked. Luna nodded as she watched Celestia let go of Equis, letting it float by her chest as she turned her attention to her front. Between the two of them were a manner of little planets scattered around. Celestia and Luna were now so large, entire worlds were now no bigger than stones. Celestia had remarked they looked like little marbles now, and that is when she had gotten the idea to play the game with Luna, with the planets as the marbles.

Celestia flicked a little red planet towards Luna’s gray one and watched as they made contact, the gray being hit away. “Direct hit!” Celestia cheered, Luna however began eyeing up the setup, trying to find a way to counter. While she did that, Celestia grabbed Equis, which was still floating next to her, and went back to examining it. At such a mighty height, her magic had increased tremendously, which allowed her to cast a spell on her eyes and let her see onto the planet herself.

But as she did that, Celestia began to think, the reality of the situation really began to settle in. She and Luna where currently the largest and most powerful beings alive, so big and powerful they were, that entire worlds had been reduced to tiny orbs hanging around in space. Something they could flick around for their own amusement. Celestia held Equis up to her eye again, looking down at all the little creatures who were now completely at her mercy. All she had to do was simply squeeze her hoof and the planet would shatter. But it didn’t matter right? This was just a dream, there were no consequences to this.

Celestia slowly lowered her hoof, eyes looking down as her ears flattened themselves against her head “That doesn’t make it right though,” she thought, her mind flashing back to what Luna had said before “This may be a dream Tia, but this still is not a good mindset to get into!” Celestia blinked as the words echoed in her head. She looked back down at the small, fragile planet, with even smaller lives in her grasp, living on the rock.

So tiny…

Helpless…

Luna looked up from her game calculations, to see Celestia slowly raising Equis to her mouth. “Tia, what are you doing?” Luna asked with alarm. The gargantuan sun princess said nothing as she held the world up to her face.

And began to tenderly nuzzle it, a motherly smile on her face.

“I shall not do it again Lulu,” Celestia said quietly as she held the little planet close to her chest, looking at Luna with big mournful eyes.

Luna stared at her, expressionless “Explain, sister,” she said.

“I have been foolish during our time off,” said Celestia “I may have had fun, but in the end that fun turned into something else, something harmful and wrong.”

Celestia held out Equis and released it, letting it float between herself and Luna “Right there, on that little planet, are millions of lives, voicing hopes and dreams of their own. Voices I am ashamed to say, I have become deaf to lately. As a Princess it is my duty to respect and hear the problems of our subjects, but after dealing with the petty problems of the nobility for so long, I began to see all our subjects in that same light. Grouping all in that same disinterested bubble I had classified the nobility as. This was a mistake I shall not do again. All their voices matter, no matter how insignificant or small it may seem. As princess Celestia, I will always continue to love and support my little ponies and all other creatures because they come to us for help, and I have always been glad to give it to them. I will not let a few bad weeks deter me from what really matters!”

Celestia finished her speech, a fiery passion ablaze in her chest for the first time in weeks, as she reignited her passion to love and protect all living creatures for as long as she is princess. After dealing with the nobility’s petty problems for so long she had nearly lost sight of that.

Luna’s incalculable face continued to stare at Celestia, before she closed her eyes, a gentle smile began to cross her features.

“You finally got it Tia,” Luna said, opening her eyes, still maintaining her smile.

“Huh? What do you mean Luna?”

“That was the point of all this,” Luna explained as she gestured around to the space around them and the tiny planets floating between them. “The whole point of us growing into giants wasn’t just to give you a day off, but for you to rekindle your everlasting love and care for all creature who come to seek your aid.”

Celestia looked confused “I do not understand, what does becoming a giant have to do with how I feel about others?” she asked.

“Allow me to explain, do you remember when I said ‘As Princess Celestia you help them out of the kindness of your heart even if that means you tire yourself out. As Giantlestia you can just ignore their teeny-weeny little problems, stomp on by, and focus on enjoying yourself?’ I had said that in hopes that you would gain a new perspective on things. For you too be so large you would see their problems and creatures themselves as insignificant. Which you ended up doing, such as when we played tennis or when you took your frustrations out on the Griffin and Minotaur kingdoms.”

“As they day went on, you began to lose sight of yourself, wanting to satisfy your personal desires for fun in exchange for other creatures’ safety. There is nothing wrong with wanting to have fun Tia but doing it at the expense of others is wrong. And I’m happy that you remembered that.”

Luna took Equis in her hoof and looked down at it, a motherly smile also on her face as she gazed down at the planet.

“I can see so many creatures looking up at us right now, fearful of our power as we literally hold their entire world in our hooves. At any moment we could crush the planet or swat it away like a pest. But that is not who we are, that is not who you are dear sister. The Celestia I know, and love is one of the most kindhearted and loving ponies to ever walk this world. Please never lose sight of who you are.”

A tear fell down Celestia’s muzzle as she floated forward and embraced Luna in a big hug “Thank you for doing this Lulu,” she sniffled “I feel so much better now. Not only for the day off but helping me find myself again.”

“You’re welcome Tia,” came Luna’s muffled voice from inside Celestia’s fluff.

Giggling, the giga sized sun princess removed herself from the embrace and turned her attention to the marble sized planet floating by her eye. Quickly and gently snagging in with her hoof she held it up to her face and smiled down at it “And thank you little ones for helping me out with this,” Celestia’s face seemed to light up as she sensed, with her now nearly infinite powers, all the creatures residing on the planet she held in her grasp, cheering for her, proud that their lovable sun princess had overcome this hurtle in her life.

Celestia raised Equis to her muzzle and gave the little planet a kiss, The infinitesimal creatures getting smothered by their princess’ love as her warm, soft, and plushy lips descended from the heavens and gave them the biggest kiss they had ever received.

Celestia turned to Luna “I think I’m ready to wake up now Lulu. Ready to start the day and give the world the princess they truly deserve and can count on.”

Luna nodded once, her horn lighting up with a soft blue glow “I’ll see you in a bit then sister,” she said with one final smile before a blinding white light engulfed them both.


Celestia opened her eyes, now normal sized, and laid sprawled out on her king-sized bed. “What a dream,” she thought as she removed the blanket from herself and got into her usual attire. Celestia stepped out onto the balcony and lit up her horn, a familiar golden glow surrounding it as she brought up the sun for the day. Closing her eyes with a smile, she soaked in the warm rays before heading back inside.

Stepping into the bathroom she performed her normal morning ritual of brushing her teeth, taking a bath, and straightening out her mane. Once finished her headed back into her room and was pleasantly happy to see that the maid had brought up her breakfast while she was tending to her morning needs. A quick meal of Pancakes, tea, and a smuggled-up slice of chocolate cake she was ready to start the day. Celestia stepped into the throne room where she was greeted by her assistant: Raven Inkwell.

“Ready to start the day your majesty?” She asked. Celestia took a seat on her throne and looked back at her assistant with a kind smile “Of course Raven, when you’re ready, please send them in.” she said. Raven nodded and walked to the large double doors of the throne room, before opening it however, she turned back to Celestia.

“Umm, ma’am? May I please say something?” she asked.

“Of course, you may Raven,”

“You seem different today. More happy and full of life, in opposed to the previous weeks. Did you get a good night’s sleep perhaps?” Raven asked.

Celestia simply smiled “Why yes I did dear. It looks like a good night’s sleep is just what the doctor ordered.” Raven nodded, a small grin beginning to creep onto her face “Of course your highness. I’ll send in the first petitioner now,” she opened the door and looked outside, and stuck her head back in with a miserable expression on her face “The first pony to see you is…Ever Wealthy Princess Celestia.”

To Raven’s surprise Celestia still had a smile on her face as she nodded “Very well then, please send her in Raven.” Raven made to open the door, but it was thrown open with a BANG and in strutted the Green noble. Head held high and nose pointed in the air, she marched her way over to the throne. Celestia could see out of the corner of her eyes some of the guards subtly roll their eyes while others tensed up at Wealthy’s rude entrance.

Ever Wealthy reached the throne and gave a low bow “Your most esteemed Princess Celestia,” Wealthy began “she who raises the sun and guides us all, please grant me the privilege of being in your morning court.”

With over 1000 years of practice, the most esteemed Princess Celestia managed to not topple over and laugh her head off and the ridiculous introduction. Gathering herself together, Celestia replied “Of course Ms. Wealthy, what brings you here this fine morning?”

“I came to follow up about a matter I previously came to talk to you about,”

Celestia nodded “Ah, yes. Your neighbor was crafting hedge animals, correct?”

Wealthy nodded as well “Correct, so what I want to know is, WHY DID YOU DENY MY RIGHT AS A CITIZEN OF THIS KINGDOM TO SUE THEM? THEY’RE MESSING UP THE SCENERY AND I DON’T LIKE LOOKING AT IT! MAKE THEM STOP RIGHT THIS INSTANT!” She shouted, stomping her hoof like a filly throwing a tantrum.

“Because it is well within their right to craft hedge animals on their property, as long as no one is getting hurt and they aren’t vandalizing anything there is no case to be made here, that is why I had to throw it,” Celestia said calmly.

“BUT I DON’T LIKE IT! I BET IT MAKES THE VALUE OF MY BEAUTIFUL MANSION AND PROPERTY GO DOWN WITH THEIR DUMB ART! MAKE THEM STOP PRINCESS!” Ever Wealthy continued to shout.

It was here Wealthy felt something akin to a chill in the room, she looked up from her fit and saw that Celestia was no longer smiling, instead she saw that her wings were spread wide as she looked down at her with a silent fury, similar to that of an angry parent “Young filly,” Celestia scolded, her voice seemed to reverberate against the walls “I will stand by what I said, there will be no petty court case over the fact that you don’t like your neighbor’s right to express themselves. You will be fined for 200 bits for wasting my courts time as well as the fact you have been harassing your neighbor over this. Talk to Ms. Inkwell and she will get the paperwork for you to pay your fine. Now Begone!”

Ever Wealthy’s eyes shrank to pinpricks as she quickly scurried to the door where Raven was, her tail tucked between her legs. Raven was looking back at Celestia, an expression of awe and admiration on her face. Celestia simply winked at her. Raven gave a small smirk as she led Ever Wealthy outside, to take care of the paperwork.

A few minutes later, Raven came back, now alone. There seemed to be a spring in her step “That was amazing your highness!” She said happily “All the nobles who were waiting outside heard what was going on. You should have seen their faces when they heard you give a fine for wasting the morning court’s time because of petty cases. All of them have cleared out. Your morning is completely free now!”

Celestia chuckled “Thank you dear, I’m happy you enjoyed that, I kind of did too.”

“Will you be taking the rest of the day off to prepare for your meetings with the minotaur and griffon kingdoms this afternoon?” Raven asked.

“I will Raven, but before I do, could you tell me where my sister is currently? Has she retired for the day?”

Raven shook her head “No your highness, she is eating dinner right now. Would you like to go see her?”

Celestia nodded and stood up, heading out of the throne room and towards the dining hall. Inside she saw Luna stuffing her face with a creamy fettuccini alfredo, several empty bowls of various dishes stood stacked in a heap on the table next to her. “Tia!” Luna managed to say, her mouth completely full. She took a second to grab the glass of water next to her, chugged it down, and swallowing “How was morning court?”

Giggling, Celestia hopped into a chair next to her “A lot better Lulu, thanks to you.”

Luna held a hoof to her chest in faux shock “Moi? Do tell.”

“It was because of your help with my dream Luna. With you reminding me to be a better pony and not letting the noble’s petty problems dig so deeply into me. It was putting such a damper on things, and I finally managed to deal with it. I know you reminded me to be loving and caring to all, and I managed to do that. I had to give Ever Wealthy a little bit of tough love and help her realize all she was doing was hurting those around her. I hope the fine will be enough to open her eyes and realize what she’s doing is wrong because all her life she’s just been getting what she wants. Especially because of her father’s money.”

Luna nodded as she grabbed a bowl of 3 cheese pasta and breadsticks and began scarfing it down “You made the right call Tia. And from what I heard from the staff; nobles will finally stop bringing selfish problems to the court when they can work it out themselves.”

Celestia nodded “Now I believe I will finally have time to hear the pleas from our other citizens,”

“Excellent, also speaking of which, aren’t you meeting with the Minotaur kingdom and Griffin empire today? You know, the ones you unceremoniously flattened and swept away with in your dream? How do you plan with dealing with them today?

Celestia looked at Luna with an air of confidence “You’ll see Lulu. I’ll be using a bit of your teachings during the meetings to help me with this."

Author's Note:

Thank you all so much for reading!

This marks the end of the main story with two epilogues planned which will tackle the Griffon empire and Minotaur kingdom.

Though a full disclosure, I had already had all the chapters up till this point written down and just waiting to be published, and I have not been able to start the epilogue yet. So it may take some time before it's up because my writing schedule is all over the place. But rest assured, I will finish this story. The epilogue will deal with a more wholesome ending for all the characters. Especially for what I have planned for the young griffon king.

Hope it was as much of a pleasure for you all to read about Giantlestia and Mega Luna's vacation as it was for me!

Take it easy y'all.