• Published 18th Jul 2021
  • 3,745 Views, 80 Comments

Fate of the Lostbelt Kingdoms - ElementBrigade



What if the lostbelt of the rejected human history were given a second chance at life in equestria

  • ...
5
 80
 3,745

Chapter Eighteen: Failed Surprise Attack

Fate of The Lostbelt Kingdoms

Chapter Eighteen

Failed Surprise Attack

With the assistance of Fluttershy asking the demonic boar for transportation help, the students, servants, and teachers were taken to the area where Rarity usually takes Spike to go gem hunting for her clothes design. Within a matter of thirty minutes, the group would arrive at the location where the servants would demonstrate examples of their otherworldly magic. Ivan and Anastasia hopped off of the demonic boar’s back and took a few feet away from the group of ponies.

“What you’re about to see is a small demonstration of what we servants can do. Princess Twilight and her friends have seen only a small fraction of it, but now that we’ve recovered thanks to this land’s abundance of magic.” Ivan said as Anastasia interrupted his speech.

“We can demonstrate magic on a much greater scale.” The caster said as Ivan quickly moved away from her. “Now, caster class servants may not be the strongest servants when it comes to physical strength, durability, and speed depending on the servant. But what we lack in those, we make up for in excelling in magecraft.” She said before taking a step forward. The moment her foot touched the ground again, a sheet of ice quickly spread across the dirt, rocks, and boulders within the area she was in. “They also have certain skills that allow them to create territory over certain areas depending on the servant and the ranking of that skill.”

The moment she turned her attention onto Ivan, she soon took a step forward as pillars of ice were heading towards the rider servant. Ivan took notice of the pillar of ice heading towards him as he raised his staff a bit, and fired a beam of electricity to burst through the pillars of ice. As the beam was trailing along the ground and heading towards Anastasia, she tapped her foot on the ground as she created a pillar of ice underneath her, and sent herself flying into the air. While in the air, she brought her doll and fired off a gust of arctic wind at Ivan. The former Tsar brought his arm up as means to protect himself from the harsh winds as he noticed that his arm was beginning to become covered in ice.

“Harsh as always, but beautiful nonetheless,” Ivan said before flexing his muscles to shatter the ice that was covering his arm. The moment his arm was freed, he used his tusk to extend itself toward Anastasia. Once they were inches from their target, Anastasia quickly pushed herself down toward the ground to avoid the oncoming attack. Just as she lands on the bed of ice, Ivan raises his foot for a moment before bringing it down with tremendous force. The force behind his stomp caused the ground to break as an earthquake erupted around him and was heading toward Anastasia.

As the spikes of earth headed towards the caster servant, the magic circuits in her arms and hands lit up as she thrust them into the ground. Just as the spikes were within range of impalement, a giant wall appeared underneath Anastasia as she avoided the spikes. The servant looked down at Ivan with a slight smirk on her face as she slid down the wall of ice. Halfway down the wall of ice, she lunged herself from off the wall and headed towards the mammoth she brought her fist back as the magic circuits in her arm lit up again. Ivan took notice of Anastasia coming at him to deliver a punch to his face as he countered with his fist. The moment their fist collided with each other, a small shockwave erupted from the force behind their fist as they were pushed back slightly from the recoil.

The moment they were pushed away from each other, Anastasia raised her hand into the air as swords made out of ice appeared above Ivan and descended upon him creating a pillar of ice that encased Ivan in it. A smirk appeared on the caster’s face for a moment before noticing cracks forming from the pillar of ice. Within a matter of seconds, the former Tsar burst through the pillar of ice as he used his tusks to fire off a beam of electricity at Anastasia. Her eyes widened upon seeing the giant beam coming at her and she quickly brought her arms up to protect herself from most of the damage done to her by the attack. Just as the beam died down, it revealed a somewhat slightly cinched Anastasia with parts of her clothes being tattered a bit. The caster servant looked over herself from the battle damage she received as she looked up at Ivan with a slightly annoyed expression on her face.

“Seems you still haven’t lost your edge,” Anastasia said as an aura of ice started to form around her body. “I would think after what Chaldea did, you would still be recovering by now.”

“You can thank the magic in this land. This place would make a good resting spot for servants to recover from injuries, or to fight with an unlimited supply of magic all around us.” He said before demonstrating what he meant by gathering magic from the surrounding area into his fist before making it disappear. “Makes you wonder if this place is similar to the age of gods.”

“Given how there are no humans in this world or advanced technology from modern human history, I would have to assume that this place is like the age of the gods. Only that humans are replaced with sentient mythical creatures that you would see in the reverse world.” She said before raising her hand at Ivan. “We’ll have to learn about this place before we can assume anything. For now, I suggest you get ready. Because I’m about to deliver a long overdue payback for the hell you put me through.”

“...I figured as much…don’t suppose an apology will make things better?” Ivan asked as he noticed spear-shaped ice hovering above him. “Yeah, I didn't think so.” While the servant continued the demonstration of their abilities, Twilight, and the others stared in astonishment at what they were seeing.

“Twilight…are you sure this was a good idea for them to do this?” Applejack asked as Twilight turned her focus onto the farm pony.

“W-Well, it would give us an idea what a servant is capable of…but dear Celestia, I didn’t think they would be able to rival that of Celestia and Luna.”

“That’s a bit much don’t you think? I mean, Celestia and Luna can move the sun and moon.”

“Yes, but even the princesses can’t perform feats like they’re doing. I mean, did you not see Ivan stomp the ground with his foot? Or Anastasia with that giant wall of ice that would tower over Ponyville. It would’ve taken a few seconds for Celestia and Luna to make something like this, but she did it within nanoseconds!” Twilight said as she turned her attention back to the fight. “I’ll have to ask Ivan more about their world’s history once this is over.”

“Try not to bombard him with too much. Less you end up going into one of your episodes again.” Applejack said before looking back at the servants, though something off in the distance would draw her attention. “Twilight, you sure this place doesn’t have other ponies in the area.”

“There should be. Rarely anypony other than Rarity comes out to this place. Why do you ask?”

“Just wanted to make sure…Say, I’ll be right back. I need to go check something out.” The farm pony said before hopping off of the demonic boar and walking in the direction of where she saw something in the distance. While the servants continue to demonstrate their abilities in the middle of the frost and rock-covered field, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were currently setting up a few of Pinkie Pie’s party cannon. How they were able to pull them such a long distance, it’s beyond anyone’s imagination. Then again, it’s the Cutie Mark Crusaders, they somehow make the impossible possible…at times.

“Are the cannons loaded?” Apple Bloom asked as Scootaloo nodded after looking inside the last cannon to see a strange round ball within it.

“They’re loaded, but I think Pinkie left something inside them.”

“Like what?”

“I don’t know. Might be a ball or something. Couldn’t get a good look seeing how I can barely see what’s inside them, and I didn’t want to accidentally set them off.”

“Well whatever is inside them, we’ll use them as a distraction.” She said before looking over at Sweetie Belle, who was pushing some gems that were roughly about the size of their heads.

“Found some gems that we can use on them, but is this a good idea?” Sweetie Belle asked as Apple Bloom pointed a hoof over in the direction of the servants as Anastasia made another giant wall appear off in the distance. “...Again, is this a good idea?”

“Would you rather have them causing trouble around Ponyville? Especially now seeing how you and every other unicorn can’t use their magic.”

“Apple Bloom’s right, we gotta do something before they bring an army with them,” Scootaloo said before walking over to one of the cannons and taking aim. “Um…does anypony know how to use this?”

“I think you pull the string part on the cannon?” Sweetie Belle said as she watched the pegasus pulling on the string. The moment she did, the cannon fired off the object that was inside, and the recoil caused the cutie mark crusaders to be knocked off their feet. “Dear Celestia! Just how powerful is this cannon!”

“Strong enough to where it should knock those two out like a log…at least I hope it does.” Apple Bloom said as the trio quickly recovered from their fall. “Starts firing the other cannon. Then reload them with the gems Sweetie Belle found.” She ordered as Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle nodded and began firing off the other cannons.

As the cutie mark crusaders were setting off the cannon fire, the servants continued to demonstrate their abilities to Twilight and the others. Just as Ivan was about to deliver an earth-shattering punch to Anastasia, he soon tumbles to the side due to being hit by something hard by surprise and losing his footing because of it. The moment he pulled himself up, Anastasia noticed that half of his face was covered in a mix of cake batter and party confetti. The caster servant stared at the mammoth for a good few seconds before covering her mouth as she tried her best not to laugh. Though her attempt to not laugh was soon interrupted as she too was hit with the same object as she fell flat on her face onto the hard ice.

“...It would appear we’re being attacked from a long distance,” Ivan said as he noticed Anastasia pulling herself up with a slightly annoyed expression on her face. “Perhaps this is part of Twilight’s lesson plan?”

“I doubt it,” Anastasia said while wiping the cake batter off her face. She soon looked over the area to see where the shot came from, but soon summoned up a wall of ice as another ball filled with cake batter and confetti collided with said wall. “She’s off on the side still god smacked by what we were doing.” She quickly popped her head to the side of the ice wall she made as she once again looked around the area they were once. The moment she looked up at the sky, she saw a barrage of flying objects coming at them. Ivan lifted his hand to summon his staff into his hand. The moment he did this, a surge of electricity erupted from the staff and zapped the oncoming hail of objects heading towards the two servants out of the sky with ease

“I believe that our assaulters are off in the distance near that rock formation,” Ivan said as the caster servant looked off in the direction the mammoth mentioned. The caster’s eyes gave off a slight glow as she looked in the direction of where their assaulter was located. From what she could tell it was three foals currently reloading the cannons that they have set up. A slight smirk appeared on her face as she looked over at Ivan.

“Three foals from the look of it. I could only assume that they think we’re trying to take over Equestria.”

“It would seem so. Should we postpone this fight and confront those who would be heroes?” He asked before seeing Anastasia using the ice-covered ground to skate her way over to where the Cutie Mark Crusaders were located. “Suppose that would be a yes.”