• Published 17th Jul 2021
  • 1,358 Views, 41 Comments

A Crystalling Tail - Magic Kitsune Brony



What if Starlight wasn't the only pony to have a friendship lesson in the Crystal Empire

  • ...
1
 41
 1,358

Chapter 7

Finally, after greeting Twilight and Shining’s parents at the station, everyone was resting around a table, while they ate dinner. Twilight and Sunset had just finished explaining everything about Sunset Shimmer, the Portal Mirror, and the Human world.

“Amazing,” Sunburst said. “And you truly feel more human than pony now?”

“Yep,” Sunset nodded, before taking out her phone to check something.

“Is that one of those human machines you were trying to explain before, Twilight?” Starlight asked, looking at the weird rectangle thing.

“Yep, it’s called a cell phone,” Twilight answered, raised an eyebrow at Sunset. “But I didn’t think it would work here in Equestria. How is it still working, Sunset?”

“Oh. Well, Twilight,” Sunset smiled at the purple pony. “You can thank your human counterpart actually.”

“Really? How?” Twilight looked uncertain.

“Well, first she made sure I could charge my phone using a solar powered charger. Don’t ask me to explain solar power, it’ll take too long,” Sunset held up a hand to stop the question she knew was about to be asked.

“Ok,” Twilight nodded. “But can it still connect with your friends’ phones, like you guys showed me?”

“That is because of this,” Sunset pulled the journal out of her bag, to show a small black box attached to it. “There’s another one attached to my own journal back home. Basically, the one on my journal picks up on the local reception, transforms it into the right frequency, sends it down the connection to this journal, and then transforms back into the reception, which my phone picks up on.”

“Wow,” Sunburst said, pushing his glasses up his nose. “That’s an interesting contraption.”

“It sure is,” Twilight agreed, before remembering the other thing she wanted to ask Sunset. “Um, Sunset.”

“Yea, Twilight,” Sunset turned to the purple alicorn after putting the journal away.

“You said you were going to explain what happen at Camp Everfree and what it has to do with that,” Twilight pointed her hoof at the geode necklace around Sunset’s neck.

“I did, didn’t I?” Sunset rubbed the back of her head. “Well, it all started on the second day, when strange things started happening…” The ponies all listened, fascinated as she went on to explain what happened at camp. Celestia, Luna and Twilight all gained thoughtful looks when she got to the powers and geodes.

“Well, it would seem that the Elements of Harmony have somehow manifested in the human world,” Celestia said after Sunset finished explaining.

“I think you are right, sister,” Luna agreed with her.

“But how is that possible?” Sunset asked looking at the sisters. “There were seven geodes and there are only six Elements.”

“Princess Celestia, are you saying that there is another Element,” Twilight asked the sun princess.

“There are many mysteries surrounding the Elements of Harmony. It’s quite possible that is more elements out there, waiting for the right pony, or person in this case, to find them,” Celestia smiled at her two ex-students.

“But if I’m an Element,” Sunset wondered. “What am I the Element of?”

“Hmm,” Celestia silently went over everything Sunset had said. “You said that when you touch people when wearing the geode, you can feel their feelings and see their memories.”

“Yea, pretty much,” Sunset confirmed.

“It sounds like you have some form of Empathic Mind Reading. So, I think you are the Element of Empathy,” Celestia concluded.

“The Element of Empathy,” Twilight thought for a second. “That does sound like you, Sunset. Especially, after hearing what you did for my counterpart.”

“Huh,” Sunset said. “So, I’m now the Element of Empathy. Now what?”

“Whatever you choose, Sunset,” Celestia smiled at the girl. “It’s your Element.” Before anyone could say anything else, Sunset’s voice started singing from her phone. ‘Like a phoenix burning bright in the sky…’

“Oops, sorry, I forgot to put it on silent,” Sunset said, picking her phone, eyes widening after seeing the caller ID. “I need to answer this…”

“That’s ok, Sunset,” Twilight assured her.

Sunset nodded at her before answering the phone. “Hi, Mom.”

“Mom!” Some of the ponies exclaimed, while the rest just look at each other in surprise. Celestia was the most surprise by this development.

“Yes, Mom, I’m fine,” Sunset continued to talk to the person on the other side. “It just got a little bit colder than first thought. Yes, I’ve finished my homework. Don’t worry I will. Say ‘hi’ to Dad for me. Ok, love you too, bye.” Sunset finished her call with a smile and looked back at the ponies to see surprised looks being aimed at her. “What?”