• Published 26th Oct 2021
  • 1,117 Views, 26 Comments

Equestria Girls: Disney Odyssey: Fantasia - Mister V



The Rainbooms find their ideal instrument for a concert

  • ...
2
 26
 1,117

Yen Sid Explains Everything

We now join our heroes as they enter Yen Sid's study is the largest room in the building, with several shelves containing many books. There is a large wooden desk behind which Yen Sid is sitting, and behind it, large star and moon windows displaying the Countryside. Standing next to him are a small handful of his apprentices, including Mickey.

“You wanted to see us, sir?” Trinity asked.

“Yes, I did.” Yen Sid answered. The group looked at each other timidly before Sunset stepped forward.

“My friends and I would like to apologize for the mess we made.” She said humbly.

“Yeah, we probably shouldn’t have chopped that broom into so many pieces.” Rainbow Dash said, only to be elbowed by Applejack.

“No matter.” Yen Sid said, surprising everyone. “You fixed the mess, despite overwhelming odds. That proves to me that you are brave souls.”

“Uh, Mister Yen Sid, sir?” Trinity said in concern. “I have no memories of who I am or where I came from. I was hoping that you could help me.”

“Hmm, interesting.” Yen Sid said before walking to the young girl. “Hold my hands, and we will see what we can find.” Trinity did just that, and the two of them found themselves in a white room, hearing a disoriented voice from beyond.

“Listen to me, my child.” It said. “This coffin will purge you of all your memories, but it will preserve your body until the time is right. You will eventually go to the places needed to restore your memories. And remember that no matter what happens, you must keep The Book of Disney safe. It the magic inside were to be used for evil, it will only lead to disaster. I love you, my daughter.” Before anymore information could be found, the two of them returned to the room with the others.

“What did you see?” Rarity asked.

“It would seem that your friend here was meant to have no memory of who she is.” Yen Sid answered. “All I could find is that someone knew that she would come here. How that is possible, we do not know.”

“Sheesh, it’s a good thing we didn’t mentioned that Nomis guy.” Applejack said. Upon hearing that, the apprentices all murmured to each other in shock.

“You’ve met Nomis the Nightmare Bringer, and survive?” Mickey asked.

“More then just survived him.” Rainbow Dash replied. “We beat him twice in a row.”

“Wait a minute, you mean to tell me you know Nomis?” Sunset asked. One of the other apprentices, a monkey, shrugged his shoulders.

“Not really.” He said. “But we did hear stories about him. I hear that he was a sea monster, who transformed into a human baby to get revenge of the sailors who killed his father.”

“Well, I heard that he was a robot that was made out of hyper defective metals, resulting in him going haywire.” A pig apprentice said.

“Don’t be silly.” Said a third apprentice with the features of a fish. “Nomis is just a ghost story to scare children.”

“Enough.” Yen Sid said in a tone that was calm, but caught everyone’s attention. “I must admit, even I know not all of the history of Nomis the Nightmare Bringer, but I do know about the rise and fall of the warriors who defeated him, The Guardians of the Book of Disney.” He went to his bookshelf and picked up a book entitled ‘The History of Scala ad Caelum.’ and opened it up.

“The story of the Guardians of the Book of Disney goes far back to the days when there was only one world named Scala ad Caelum.” He began. “It is believed to be the nexus from which all worlds spring, having once served as a seat of power for those who reside on it. They were known as the world forgers, being with the power to create a world out of stardust and cosmic fluids. One of these world forgers, Tawl Nesyid, created a book that acts as a map to all the worlds so he could traverse them at will. He also enchanted the book so that after his death, it would continue to make new worlds within its pages for all time. While it doesn’t say when, it also said he formed a order of heroes to protect the book from evil. This team consisted of 7 heroes chosen for their courage, strength, love, agility, joyfulness, wisdom and peacefulness. These heroes then passed their knowledge onto new generations of heroes so that the book will always be safe. This knowledge became handy when Nomis, the Nightmare Bringer led a large army to takeover Scala ad Caelum. These seven brave heroes, who became known as the Guardians of Destiny, defeated him and he was imprisoned inside the book for eternity.”

“That. Is. Awsome!” Rainbow Dash said.

“However, he vowed that if he could not rule Scala ad Caelum, then his forces would destroy it and watch its residents drown in darkness.” Yen Sid continued. “Using the book, these seven heroes led the people out of Scala ad Caelum and into a new world that would be their new home. Soon, the Guardians of Destiny found new heroes to train, heroes who became the Guardians of Peace, heroes would grow up to prove themselves worth by defeated a terrible darkness from their world’s past.”

“That is good to know.” Fluttershy said. “So then what happened?”

“I fear that this part of story does not have happy ending.” He continued. “Dark forces from Nomis’ army came to attack the kingdom and laid waste to it. Soon, the souls of the Guardians of Destiny ripped out of their bodies and into their loyal mounts. As for their students, they were placed into eternal slumber along with their allies, and the king was slain where he stood. In order to keep them safe, the mounts took these champions into separate worlds so no one would find them.”

“Ouch.” Rainbow Dash said in sorrow.

“Isn’t there a way to wake them up?” Sunset asked.

“There is only one way.” Yen Sid answered. “First, you must find the maker of the book and seek his advice using a rare item called the Dreamstone, which you will need to find in a prehistoric world. Then, you must find the Guardians of Peace and the mounts who guard them. Then you must find the four pieces of the ancient amulet of Scala ad Caelum, and reassemble it. Only then will you be able to break the spell and reawaken the Guardians of Peace.”

“Gee, is that all?” Applejack asked in surprise.

“Yeah, I thought it would be harder?” Rainbow Dash said in sarcasm.

“Do not fear.” Yen Sid said in assurance. “The spirits of the Guardians of Destiny will guide the way and aid you when ever you have need of them.” He then opened a drawer on his desk and pulled out a lavender piccolo decorated in stars. "Now, I believe that this belongs to one of you." Then, feeling as if she was meant to have it, Twilight takes it and begins to play.

"That's really good!" Sunset said as she and the others applauded her.

"Thanks, everyone." Twilight said shyly before turning to the sorcerer. "And thank you, Master Yen Sid. You honor me with this."

"The honor is all mine." Master Yen Sid replied before using his magic to open a portal. "Now, I believe you have a quest to continue. Everyone in your world is waiting." The small band of heroes take a bow before the sorcerer and say goodbye to Mickey and the others before leaving the portal.