• Published 26th Oct 2021
  • 1,116 Views, 26 Comments

Equestria Girls: Disney Odyssey: Fantasia - Mister V



The Rainbooms find their ideal instrument for a concert

  • ...
2
 26
 1,116

Meet Louis and the Fantasound Orchestra/"Toccata and Fugue in D Minor"

"Now, as we stated earlier, there are three kinds of music on this Fantasia program." Mr.V said. "the kind that tells a definite story, the kind that paints a series of definite pictures, despite having no specific plot, and the kind that exists simply for its own sake."

"Now, the number that opens our Fantasia program, the Toccata and Fugue, is music of the third kind, what we call absolute music." Deems Taylor added. "Even the title has no meaning beyond a description of the form of the music."

"What you will see on the screen is a picture of the various abstract images that might pass through your mind if you sat in a concert hall listening to this music." Mr.V explained. "At first, you're more or less conscious of the orchestra, so our picture opens with a series of impressions of the conductor and the players. Then the music begins to suggest other things to your imagination. They might be, oh, just masses of color, or they may be cloud forms or great landscapes or vague shadows or geometrical objects floating in space."

"So now we present the next chapter is this tale set to the tunes of the Toccata and Fugue in D Minor by Johann Sebastian Bach, which was interpreted in pictures by Walt Disney and his associates, and in music by the Philadelphia Orchestra and its conductor, Leopold Stokowski." Deems Taylor concluded. The scene then changed to show the group entering an orchestra room, with people tuning up all kinds of instruments as they started warming up for the coming concert.

"Whoa!" Sunset said in astonishment. "Look at all the instruments!"

"Yeah!" Applejack said. "We're sure to find something for us to use." It was at that moment that a man with bright orange hair and eyebrows dropped down infront of them. Unlike the rest of the group, who are all wearing formal clothes, he's wearing a white shirt with red suspenders, a red bow tie, light blue jeans, brown shoes, and glasses.

"WARNING!" He exclaimed, scaring the group silly as he held a plastic up of sea water . "Never drink sea water, tempting as it is, it will just make you thirstier." He then got down to the floor and tossed the cup in the trash.

"We're you trying to get a better view of the show from above?" Twilight asked.

"I was just setting up the lighting while releaving stress from the, uh what's the thing that does the thinking, BRAIN!" The guy explained. "I'm Louis, The Fantasound Orchastra's top notch stagehand!"

"It's nice to meet you." Sunset replied. "I'm Sunset Shimmer. This is Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Spike, Jiminy Cricket and Trinity."

"So what brings you guys here?" Louis asked in curiousity.

"Well, we're trying instruments that fit us for a concert of our own." Trinity explained. "Sheldon said that we could find them here."

"Sheldon!?" Louis asked in suprise. "Why didn't you say so? That guy was the best student in the class! He was also the most unpredicable, what with him changing his shape all the time, but that's a trivial matter. If you guys are looking for instruments, then you've come to the right place."

"Great!" Applejack said. "Just point us to where you keep the surplus instrument and we'll be out of here faster than a hyperactive rattlesnake."

"Oh, it's not that easy." Louis said. "I'll need lead you guys on a musical spirit quest through some of the worlds here in the Symphony of Sorcery in order to obtain your instrument, and master it. Did Sheldon not tell you that?"

"Uh, no?" Fluttershy said. "But it kinda sounds like fun to find our instuments that way."

"Yeah, I like that idea too!" Pinkie Pie replied. "I like it when we have to go on a spirit quest, musical or otherwise."

"Yeah, it does sound like fun." Sunset said. "Where do we start?"

"Well, we could start with Toccata and Fugue in D Minor by Johann Sebastian Bach." Louis answered. "One of you should be able to find your ideal instrument there."

"Great!" Twilight said. "But, how do we get there?"

"Well, that what these guys are here for." Louis said before turning to the orchestra. "Hey, guys! How about playing Toccata and Fugue in D Minor for these girls." The conductor nodded, tapped his baton on the stand, and prepared to begin the music.

As the music started up, a flash of green light appeared on the left side of the conductor for only a moment before dissapearing. Then, a yellow light appear on the right side before doing the same thing. Then a red light appeared right infrount of the conductor, but unlike the first two lights, this one grew and grew until the entire room was filled in this light, forcing the group to cover their eyes.

(Pause at 0:43)

"Wow!" Sunset said in amazment as she was reopening her eyes.

"Yeah." Applejack said before seeing something odd. "Hey, anyone else remember seeing that before?" The group looked in Applejack's direction and saw things like oddly shaped instruments moving around, various shapes flying through the sky, strange shadows dancing about.

"Oh, that's the magic of this world." Louis said. "Any music that is played will transport us into a world that was created when that music was composed."

"That sounds both fancinating and unusual at the same time." Twilight said, unsure of which is more accurate a way to describe what Louis just said.

"We better get moving." Louis said. "One of you is sure to find an instrument at the end of the trail."

(Resume Video)

The group began walking down a long winding trail, taking many twists and turns, ups and downs, lefts and rights, norths and souths, easts and wests and all kinds of different which ways until the came to wide river, slowly going past the numerous rocks sticking out it's waters, like chocolate chips on a cookie.

(Pause at 1:22)

"Well this a very intresting river." Jiminy Cricket said. "How are we suppose to get a cross this?"

"One stone at a time, Jiminy." Applejack answered. "One stone at a time."

"And we'll need to be careful so that I don't get my hair wet." Rarity replied.

(Resume Video)

The group then began to jump from rock to rock, each member of the group following the one infront of them. It seems that the music played with every movement they make, but they didn't seem to mind. First they jumped on small rocks, then medium sized rocks, then large rocks, each time feeling as if they are getting in tune with the musical energies of this world. They then reached the over side of the river.

(Pause at 2:01)

"That was easy." Pinkie Pie said in joy. "Where to next?" Louis then pulled out a map

"Next, we need to cross that." He said as he pointed at a log bridge over a second river, not as long as the first one, but was moving twice as fast.

"Whoa nelly." Applejack said in worry. "Well, we're gonna have to be careful."

(Resume Video)

The group began to cross the log bridge, but slowly and carefully, so they don't fall into the river. Spike stayed in Twilight's bag while Jiminy stayed on Sunset's head. It took lots of consentration not to fall in but the group made it to the other side.

(Pause at 2:18)

"We made it!" Rainbow Dash said in amazment. "We are getting close, I can feel it."

(Resume Video)

She then began to lose her footing before falling into the river, causing a big splash in the river.

"RAINBOW!" Everyone cried out in terror as their friend went down the stream.

"Come on!" Sunset said in determination. "We've gotta help her!" the group then raced after their friend, who struggled to keep her head above the water at first, but then felt as if she was one with the river. She then swam the river to a shore where it slows down, making it easier for her to reach shore. Using her super speed, she then shook off all the water like a cool headed duck as the others approached.

(Pause at 2:44)

"Are you alright, Rainbow Dash?" Fluttershy asked in worry.

"Yeah, I'm pretty good." Rainbow Dash answered. "I felt as if it the river and I were one and the same. Plus, being head of the swimming team helped too."

"Well, it seems that we're still on track." Louis said before pointing at a big mountain. "Now we just need to climb this mountain."

“You have got to be kidding me!” Rarity said in shock.

“I wish.” Louis said as he looked at the map. “The trail ends at the top of Mount Serenade.”

"Well, we better get started." Sunset said.

(Resume Video)

The group then began to climb the mountain, slowly making progress with each rock they grab, and each climbing stone they step on while Jiminy stayed with Spike in Twilight's bag. The group soon found a spot 20 or 30 feet above the ground to stop and take a breather.

(Pause at 3:29)

"Phew, that was quite a workout." Applejack said in relief.

"I hope we don't have to do anymore climbing." Rarity said in worry. “These rocks are doing damage to my nails.”

“Fortunately, we won’t need you.” Louis said before turning to a tunnel entrance. “We can take this tunnel the rest of the way to the top of the mountain. Come on.”

(Resume Video)

The group then began talking down the tunnel, a tunnel that seemed to go up. As they walked up the mountain, they noticed stalactites that look violin bows hanging down from the ceiling, stalagmites that look like drum sticks sticking out of the ground, and lots of beautiful lights glowing everywhere. They then passed strings that seemed to play music as the wind flew past them. The tunnel had many ups and downs before leading our heroes to a place with glowing stones and shapes flying around like birds.

(Pause at 4:43)

“Wow!” Sunset said in awe. “This place is more beautiful than anything I’ve seen.”

“Yeah, it’s like seeing a house made entirely out of dog treats.” Spike said in wonder.

"We should take some pictures for the memories." Pinkie Pie said.

"That's a good idea!" Rarity replied.

(Resume Video)

The group took several pictures of the mushrooms and flying shapes as the winds blew, making more beautiful music through the entire world in the mountain sounding like a set of violins followed by a single flute. As they reached the end of the area, a few circles passed by them before they entered another area with moving floors

(Pause at 5:19)

"Whoa!" Rainbow Dash said in a mix of awe and worry. "How are we going to get across this?"

"Maybe we can let the floors carry us." Twilight replied. "Let me show you."

(Resume Video)

Twilight than jumped onto the floor, which caused her to move without using her feet as everyone else shrugged and did the same thing. The floor took the group along the room made of stone, making several lefts and rights like a flat escalator. As they reached the end of the room, strange yellow lights appeared along the sides of the room, lighting up the place before the group entered a room made entirely of ice.

(Pause at 5:58)

"Brr, this place is way too cold!" Rainbow Dash said. "It needs to be 20% warmer."

"Well luckly for all of you, I packed some ice skates so we can get across without slipping." Rarity replied.

(Resume Video)

So, everyone put on their ice skates and skated across the ice. Pinkie was doing a few tricks and moves while the others were watching, all the while being careful not to slip and fall, resulting in broken bones and bruised bodies. It wasn't too long before they made it to the other side, completely unharmed, and saw a stair case leading further up the mountain.

(Pause at 6:42)

"We're almost at the top." Louis said in excitement. "we just have to climb these stairs, cross the tunnel at the top, and one of you should retrieve an instrument there."

"I can hardly wait!" Trinity said sharing Louis' excitement.

(Resume Video)

The group then began to walk up the stairs, with the walls lighting up by a stream of liquid gold and the same yellow lights from before. The steps got bigger and bigger, but our heroes continued inspite of the growing size of the steps. They soon reach the top of the stairs where they see the entrance of a large tunnel decorated in glowing gemstones from all sides.

(Pause at 7:36)

"Oh my goodness!" Rarity said in awe. "There are more gemstones then I've ever seen. Many of these remind me of our friends at Beach City."

"You're welcome to as many as you want as long as you remember why we're here." Louis said.

"Yes, ofcourse." Rarity replied before she started collecting gemstones.

(Resume Video)

Rarity must have gathered a multitude of gemstones before the group stopped at the other end of the tunnel, where a great big stone elevator stood ready for them.

(Pause at 7:57)

"Well, would you look at that." Jiminy said in amazement. "An actual elevator made of stones."

"This world is really amazing." Sunset replied. "Let's see if it works."

(Resume Video)

The group then take the elevator up as they reach a well lit area near the top of the mountain, where Rainbow Dash sees a blue light over head.

(Pause at 8:17)

"Hey, I see something up ahead." She said with a keen eye. "I'll go and check it out."

(Resume Video)

Rainbow Dash then races off using her superspeed to approach the blue light, before it transformed into a multicolored violin with a bow shaped like a lighting bolt.

(Pause at 8:31)

"Aw, man, a violin?" She said, a bit dissapointed. "Well, it looks cool so I guess I could give it a try."

(Resume Video)

And with that, she grabbed the violin and the bow and started playing fine music with it, suprisingly like a pro. As she played, the wind seemed to carry the rest of her party to her location and the clouds seemed to dance to the music. And as the sun sets beneath the clouds, Rainbow Dash finished a masterful performance on the violin that she never imagined doing. The rest of the group applauded the performance.

"That is amazing Rainbow Dash!" Rarity said in astonishment. "I never imagined you to play the violin."

"Me neither." Rainbow Dash replied in humility. "But I guess I suprise myself."

"Well, we should return to the concert hall." Louis said before opening a portal back. "We still need to find instruments for the rest of you." The group then entered the portal at it closed behind them.