• Published 26th Oct 2021
  • 1,116 Views, 26 Comments

Equestria Girls: Disney Odyssey: Fantasia - Mister V



The Rainbooms find their ideal instrument for a concert

  • ...
2
 26
 1,116

The Beginning of the Earth/"Rite of Spring: Part 1: Creation"

"When Igor Stravinsky wrote his ballet, The Rite of Spring, his purpose was, in his own words, to express primitive life." Deems Taylor said. "And so Walt Disney and his fellow artists have take him at the word. Instead of presenting the ballet in its original form, as a simple series of tribal dances, they have visualized it as a pageant, as the story of the growth of life on Earth. And that story, as you're going to see it, isn't the product of anybody's imagination."

“It's a coldly accurate reproduction of what science thinks went on during the first few billion years of this planet's existence.” Mr. V stated. “Science, not art, wrote the scenario of this picture. According to science, the first living things here were single-celled organisms, tiny little white or green blobs of nothing in particular that lived under the water.”

“And then, as the ages passed, the oceans began to swarm with all kinds of marine creatures.” Deems Taylor added. “Finally, after about a billion years, certain fish, more ambitious than the rest, crawled up on land and became the first amphibians. And then, several hundred million years ago, nature went off on another tack and produced the dinosaurs.”

“Now, the name "dinosaur" comes from two Greek words meaning "terrible lizard", and they certainly were all of that.” Mr. V noted. “They came in all shapes and sizes, from little, crawling horrors about the size of a chicken to hundred-ton nightmares. They were not very bright. Even the biggest of them had only the brain of a pigeon. They lived in the air and the water as well as on land. As a rule, they were vegetarians, rather amiable and easy to get along with.”

“However, there were bullies and gangsters among them.” Deems Taylor replied. “The worst of the lot, a brute named Tyrannosaurus Rex was probably the meanest killer that ever roamed the earth. The dinosaurs were lords of creation for about 200 million years.”

“And then... well, we don't exactly know what happened.” Mr. V stated. “Some scientists think that great droughts and earthquakes turned the whole world into a gigantic dustbowl. In any case, the dinosaurs were wiped out. That is where our story ends.Where it begins is at a time infinitely far back, when there was no life at all on earth. Nothing but clouds of steam, boiling seas and exploding volcanoes. So now, our heroes will soon find themselves out in space billions and billions of years ago, looking down on this lonely, tormented little planet, spinning through an empty sea of nothingness.” The portal opens up to show our heroes returning to the orchestra with Twilight’s piccolo.

“That piccolo is very beautiful.” Trinity said.

“Thanks.” Twilight replied. “I’ll admit it wasn’t how I expected it to look, but it is rather amazing.”

“So, what’s next, Louis?” Sunset asked Louis in curiosity.

“Our next stop is a world based on Igor Stravinsky’s ballet, The Rite of Spring.” Louis began. “It is a world that is in a constant time loop, starting from the creation of the earth and ending at the extinction of the dinosaurs.”

“Awesome!” Rainbow Dash said in excitement. “It’s been quite a while since we saw real dinosaurs.”

"You saw actual dinosaurs?" Jiminy Cricket asked in confusion.

"It’s a long story.” Spike said, not to surprise of Jiminy’s not knowing of past events in her friends’ lives.

"So, how will this work?” Fluttershy asked in concern.

"Well, when the music starts, we will be magically given space suits to start with.” Louis said before turning to the conductor. “Maestro?”

As if on cue, the conductor starts playing music and the room started to turn into a vast blanket of stars and planets, dancing around in the sky, and our heroes suddenly found themselves in high tech space suits look at all the vastness.

“My goodness!” Rarity said in astonishment. “This is the most inspiring sight I have ever seen.”

“It’s like looking deep into the frosting of a space cake.” Pinkie Pie said with a bit of drool dripping off her mouth. The group watched stars and planets pass by them. Constellations were made and galaxies started to form.

"Oh look, you can see all kinds of constellations in the sky." Twilight said in awe. "Some constellations like Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpius, Sagittarius, Capricornus, Aquarius, and Pisces, are known as the constellations of the zodiac, and are made familiar through astrology. Others like Ursa Major and Ursa Minor are used for navagation and exploration."

"And they all make such beautiful pictures." Fluttershy replied.

"I can't believe that all of this happened billions and billions of years ago." Applejack said in amazement.

"13.8 billion years ago to be exact." Jiminy Cricket replied.

"Wow!" Rainbow Dash said in astonishment. "This beyond awsome!"

"Yeah, we could float out here forever." Pinkie Pie replied in wonder. It was at that moment that Twilight saw something that surprised her.

"Hey, that looks like the earth!" She said in wonder of seeing the planet. “I’ve been studying the formation of the earth and I always wanted to see it up close.”

“Then let’s check it out.” Sunset replied. The group then approached the planet and, upon entering its atmosphere, saw a huge landscape consisting of nothing but boiling pools of lava and lifeless red rocks.

(Pause at 2:51)

“Wow, look at all those lava pools.” Fluttershy said in concern.

"And here I was hoping I could find a water bath." Rarity replied in disappointment.

(Resume Video)

“I’m gonna be panting up a a storm in all of this heat.” Spike concluded.

“Naturally.” Jiminy replied. “At earth’s beginnings, there was nothing but volcanoes and geysers for miles.”

“That would explain the lack of life around here.” Trinity said.

“Given time, those volcanoes would make the earth fertile and ready for life to grow.” Applejack concluded.

"She's not wrong." Louis added. “You see, more than 80 percent of the Earth's surface both above and below sea level is of volcanic origin. Gaseous emissions from volcanic vents over hundreds of millions of years formed the Earth's earliest oceans and atmosphere, which supplied the ingredients vital to evolve and sustain life. Over geologic eons, countless volcanic eruptions have produced mountains, plateaus, and plains, which subsequently eroded and weathered into majestic landscapes and formed fertile soils. Ofcourse, the molten rock may be hazardous to one's health."

(Pause at 3:23)

"Let's take a closer look." Rainbow Dash suggested.

"Ooh, bad idea." Louis said. "I see disaster, ruin, peptic ulcers. Years of therapy!"

"I meant with the zoom function on these suits." Rainbow Dash replied.

(Resume Video)

"Oh, I knew that." Louis replied. Our heroes pushed a button on their suits, and a screen appeared on their helmets showing the area below as if it was upclose and personal. The first thing they see is several volcanoes of different sizes and shapes with lava bubbling in the surface. There were sparks of fire as embers flew out of the mouths of the volcanoes and through the sky. They also a tornado of steam transform into a tornado of fire several times through the heated air.

(Pause at 4:06)

"My, my." Jiminy said in surprise. "I've never seen a fiery tornado before."

"Me neither." Spike added. "I bet that would cook a lot of hot dogs."

(Resume Video)

"Hey, guys!" Rainbow Dash said seeing something else. "Look over here." The others turned to see a pool of lava with huge bubbles emerging to the surface only to pop instantly.

"Those bubbles look like they could hurt if some of it got on your skin." Sunset said in concern. Twilight then examined the area with the scanner on her space, and saw something that scared her completely.

"Does, uh, anybody mind if we get a bit higher above the ground?" She asked nervously. "Like say, 12 feet or so?"

"No, but why?" Applejack said in confusion as the group began to ascend into the sky.

"Because 12 feet is about 2 feet higher than the height limit for this." Twilight answered as they all reached their destination. Then, all of the volcanoes in the valley erupt and explode, causing rocks to fly through the air.

(Pause at 4:54)

"My goodness." Trinity said in relief. "That was close."

"Super close." Fluttershy replied.

(Resume Video)

"This is gonna look good on my social media account!" Rainbow Dash said while looking at a picture of the explosion that she took with her phone. Just then, Sunset saw something that amazed her.

"Look!" She said as she pointed to a large river of lava flowing down from the biggest of the volcanoes.

"Whoa, that would make amazing fondue if it was chocolate." Pinkie Pie replied in awe.

"That stuff must indeed be super hot." Rarity added.

“2,200 degrees Fahrenheit to be exact.” Louis concluded.

"Well, would you look at that?" Jiminy said as he saw something that was both amazing and slightly terrifying. The lava was flowing down the mountain and heading to a nearby cliff. The lava and several rocks then fell into the ocean, causing a huge tidal wave to form as strong winds blew in, while a terrible storm began to from above our heroes. The waters then began to rise and move onto the land, consuming the lava and the earth at haunting speeds. Within moments, mighty mountains were submerged into the waters before the seas began to rise on the sides of the giant volcano.

(Pause at 7:12)

"The water’s coming this way!" Trinity said in shock of the rising waters. It was then that Applejack noticed a button on her space suit with bubbles on it.

(Resume Video)

"Maybe this button can help" Applejack said before pushing the button, which transformed her space sure into a scuba suit. The others did the same thing just in time for the waters to reach them. Soon, they were all completly submerged in the wasters and began to dive into the depths.

"My goodness!" Trinity said in relief. "That was close."

"You can say that again." Pinkie Pie added before seeing many underwater volcanoes . "Wow! Look at all of those volcanoes!"

"Yeah, they are really hot." Spike replied.

"2,200 degrees fahrenheit to be exact." Louis stated as the group passed through a mystical energy field which caused out heroes to shrink down to the size of amoebas.

"Hey, what happened?" Sunset asked in surprise.

"We must have shrunk to microscopic sizes." Twilight said before seeing many tiny animals around her. "Look, there are some amoebas. And there are a few microorganisms, contacting with each other." The group saw a microorganism approach an amoeba, only to avoid being eaten by it. The microorganism then found another microorganism before contacting it. The two then went off as the amoebas started replicating and spreading across the water.

"They're everywhere." Rarity said in wonder. "Like shiny shapeless jewels."

"These amoeba are basically the first signs of intelligent life in the world." Twilight said as a black ink-like cloud began to form around our heroes.

(Pause at 8:29)

"Wait, what's happening?" Rainbow asked in confusion.

(Resume Video)

"It looks like time is changing around us." Sunset said as they saw sea creatures that were different from before, showing sea anemone standing like corn stalks eating microorganisms by grabbing them and shoving them into their mouths.

"We must be somewhere in the Palezoic Era." Pinkie said, surprising everyone. "That era, by the way, is divided into 7 smaller eras. The Cambrian Era, The Ordovician Era, The Silurian Era, The Denvonian Era, The Mississsippian Era, The Pennsylvanian Era and the Permian Era."

(Pause at 8:50)

"How the hey do you know all of that?" Applejack asked in amazement.

"These helmets basically explained everything." Pinkie answered. "These things are like high-tech dictionaries." Then the clouds started to form around them again.

(Resume Video)

"Here we go again." Jiminy said as the world changed again. This time it showed a bunch of hard shelled creatures crawling though the seafloor looking for food.

"Looks like this is where the Horseshoe Crab started making his way in the world." Fluttershy said. "It is one of the oldest animals still living on the world."

"That is a scientific fact." Twilight said as one more cloud of ink formed around them. This time, they emerged to all forms of sea life, creatures like small eel like creatures, jellyfish eating the eels, plenty of squids squids and fish swiming around. One fish in particular looked like it had little legs to crawl the ground. The group followed the fish as it swam just past the jaws of a bigger fish and up a rock toward the surface of the earth.

"Looks like we're going to the surface." Applejack said.

"I wonder what we're going to see up there." Sunset said in curiosity.

"There's only one way to find out." Jiminy said as one by one, our band of heroes emerged from the waters.