• Published 8th Jul 2021
  • 479 Views, 6 Comments

The Prince of the Cursed Kingdom - Rakoon1



A young mare, a mysterious prince, an evil tyrant and a cursed kingdom... Everything needed for a big adventure taken from a fairytale.

  • ...
 6
 479

Prologue - The Dark Curse

Falancia has been for a long time the heart of all the Enchanted Forest, having influence over all the other kingdoms, something that has been happening for a long time. Soon after the Divine Tree lost its heart and became the Ten-Tails, only to be defeated and sealed by the Lord of Order, the King of Tress delivered the heart to the ruler of the kingdom of Falancia, becoming also the head ruler of the Enchanted Forest.

With Falancia now ruling over all the kingdoms of the Enchanted Forest, the war between them had been controlled and contained the best as possible. Despite disputes between kingdoms still existed, the existence of a head ruler was able to prevent those disputes to grow into wars. However, this era of peace came to an end…

A thousand of years ago…

Everything was quiet and peaceful in Falancia… It was then that something happened, something that would change the fate of the kingdom... From the castle where the royal family lived, a grayish black storm cloud with shades of purple and green with green lightning emerged to the sky and started to violently spread and cover the entire kingdom.

At the border, a light appeared from which Bright Night appeared. Observing the dark storm cloud spreading and approaching, she said:

“I think this is far enough.”

With that, she charged her horn with magic and then extended her hoof, which was covered by the same magic. It was then that a barrier started to be formed from the hoof, delimiting itself around the borders of Falancia. To consolidate the barrier and make it strong, Bright Night’s eyes shone with her magical aura. Bright Night was done with the barrier when the thundering cloud arrived. It hit the barrier, but was unable to cross it through.

After sometime, it dissipated until it disappeared. Falancia, after that, came to get a much darker look, as if something had just taken all the light in the place.

“Good job” a voice said.

Bright Night turned around and saw Time Turner approaching.

“Time Turner?” she asked. “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at the Ocean of Time? You know we must not be at the same realm…”

“Relax, Bright Night” Time Turner said. “The General of Destruction has just reincarnated again, not to mention that Scale is still in the solitary of Tartarus, contained by Golden’s chains. Besides, I would not miss this for anything.”

He looked towards Falancia and said:

“It has been a long a time ever since the Dark Curse has been casted. I really hate this curse…”

“Because it’s cruel and leaves a hole in the heart of its caster that they won’t be able to fill?” Bright Night asked.

“No, because it stops the time of the area it affects” Time Turner replied. “The days pass on it but they remain on the same day. Do you know how frustrating it is for a General of Time like me?”

“Wow, Time Turner, it’s good to know where your priorities are” Bright Night commented, sarcastically.

“Very funny…” Time Turner said. “But you wouldn’t understand. After all, you still have access to the realms and realities that are sealed away.”

“Be grateful I was able to contain the curse before it could cross the borders of Falancia, otherwise most, if not all, of the Enchanted Forest would be covered by the Dark Curse” Bright Night. “If that happened, you would have more ground with standing time.”

“Honestly, I don’t know if containing the curse is better than letting the curse cover the Enchanted Forest” Time Turner told. “You know what will happen when the other kingdoms get to know about this, right?”

“You don’t have to remind me…” Bright Night replied. “Without Falancia, all those other kingdoms will start fighting again for the control of the Enchanted Forest. If only Golden Paladin and Heartbeat were here… Those two always knew how to handle war.”

“But they are not here… at least for the next centuries.”

“We could ask Princess Celestia to…”

“Equestria is the main focus of order and light in the Pony World now that both the Light Kingdom and the Crystal Empire are gone” Time Turner said. “I don’t think it’s the best idea for the only available alicorn to put herself in the middle of many kingdoms trying to get to the top of the Enchanted Forest.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right…” Bright Night agreed.

“Besides, we’re not Generals like Golden Paladin and the others” Time Turner replied. “It’s not our job to interfere on the affairs of the other beings, but…”

“Keep the functionality of all Creation, yeah, I know…” Bright Night said. “But can you please tell me if the curse will be broken?”

“That depends…” Time Turner replied. “It depends when does the prince gets to stand up against the tyrant.”

“So… it will take a while” Bright Night said.

“Yes, it will” Time Turner answered. “Another reason for us to return to our jobs and keep things under control until our brothers and sisters of the Light Kingdom are freed from their stone sleep.”

With that being said, Bright Night and Time Turner were involved by their respective lights and then they disappeared, having teleported away to their respective realms.

The Lord of Chaos had been observing that scene through one of his mirrors, while sitting on his throne.

“That General of Portals is really an annoyance…” he said. “If it wasn’t for her, the all Enchanted Forest would have been under the Dark Curse and, by extension, under my influence. It would be the perfect way to then conquer the Pony World now that I only have one alicorn princess on my way. But I have to admit those two have a point. Now that Falancia is out of the picture, the other kingdoms of the Enchanted Forest will fight between themselves for the title of head kingdom of the realm. I can already feel the chaos that will create… I just need to keep the curse on…”

With that, he started doing an evil giggle.