• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 341 Views, 2 Comments

Lazy Days - Art Inspired



Big the Cat has once again misplaced his beloved pet, Froggy, and embarks on a new adventure to retrieve his slippery, bouncy friend. Following a brief encounter involving Dr. Eggman, he and Froggy are both accidentally teleported into Equestria.

  • ...
2
 2
 341

Zone Three: Seaside Plateau


~Seaside plateau~


The Path
to Ponyville



Water rippled against the sandy shores, and the wind was gentle that day. Numerous palm trees towered high above the beach, and seagulls could be heard and seen everywhere. The air tasted and smelled strongly of seasalt. Derpy Hooves and Big the Cat walked along the path, and they lightly talked with one another as they went.

"You're from another world?" Derpy asked with shock, "How'd you get here?"

Big responded by saying, "If you don't know who Sonic the Hedgehog is... then I think I really must be in another world. Sonic's been everywhere on our planet thanks to his amazing speed. As far as how I got here..." He scratched the top of his head as he voiced, "I'm just not sure how that happened, but it must've been because of the doctor."

Derpy questioned onwards, "You mean that same exact doctor that's always going after your friends?"

Big nodded, and mentioned, "He can be a real meanie sometimes. It must've been him... Oh well..." He shrugged, and felt some mist from the ocean grace his fur. "Nothing I can do about it now... except fish..." He then promptly got out his fishing pole. While he got everything ready, he gently placed Froggy down, too, and in very little time at all, Big was casting out his hook and lure towards the wide and vast sea. "So, this world only has ponies in it?" Big asked while glancing downwards at his companion.

Derpy nodded, and said, "Yep, and there're these Chao that we like to take care of."

Big said, "We actually have a few of those in my world, too." He laughed, "I know a cute little bunny rabbit that's the same size as you. Her name's Cream, and she would love it here."

Derpy rose a hoof, and questioned, "A... bunny... that's as big as me?" She shrugged. "I guess... I shouldn't really be all that surprised."

"What's his name?" Big asked kindly.

Derpy gasped, "Oh... My Chao's name is Bubble. He's had a very, very long day, so he's all tuckered out. I'm a delivery pony, by the way." She blinked, and her eyes rotated. "I was busy delivering something to Zecora. She's a zebra that lives in the Everfree Forest. Come to think of it, it's probably a good thing I bumped into you when I did because not that many ponies come through here."

Big simply asked, "They don't?"

"No, silly," Derpy responded with a slight giggle. "It's dangerous over there... Town is just along this beach. Once we get to the top of the hill, we'll be at the rails. I don't tend to use them since I can fly." She proceeded to spread her wings so that Big could see, and she then stated, "They're used mostly by unicorns and earth ponies as modes of transportation."

Big nodded, and redirected his attention back out at the sea in front of him to say, "These rails sound a whole lot like the ones I have in my world."

It went quiet after that. Wave after wave slowly went by, but Big still remained stationary where he sat. The current changed, and as it did, Big asked his new friend, "Wait... there are unicorns here, too?"

Derpy laughed, and then said, "Of course there are! You're funny, Big, and you're fun to be with!"

The cat just laughed, and he soon got up. He had to increase his speed as well just so that he could keep up with the pony. "This reminds me of running with Amy."

"Is that another one of your friends, Big?" Derpy asked this shortly after taking off for flight. She stayed relatively low to the sandy ground, though, so that she could keep on talking with Big.

"Yup," he replied after putting away his equipment. "She's another hedgehog like Sonic, but they're way different. Anyways, enough about my world, Derpy. I wanna know even more about yours!"

Derpy just laughed, and while the two of them then traveled along the long stretching beach together, she told Big about Ponyville, and about the other surrounding towns. They passed by tiny, red crabs, and sail boats, and airplanes that flew far up above in the sky.

"Finally," Derpy told Big. "There's Canterlot Palace! It's one of the greatest places I've ever been to!"

Big nodded, and said, "It sounds huge. Is it a large town? I tend to get lost in large towns..."

"Well," Derpy said comfortingly, "We're not going there today, Big. I'm taking you to Ponyville. Remember?" He slowed down, and stopped. Derpy turned around to ask him, "What's wrong?"

"Is that it? Right over there?"

He pointed, and Derpy just glanced at the shimmering beacon that could faintly be spotted over the horizon. "Yessir, it is, Big! Tee hee!"

She brought both of her hooves up to her cheeks excitedly, and squealed. Meanwhile, the cat just asked her, "Are we gonna go fishing again soon, too?"


They soon came up to the long, and stretching electric cables that connected the city to the mountains, and then the very forests as well. They stretched for what seemed like miles, and miles. "We gotta ride on those?" Big asked before glancing down at the insanely long fall. "But... if we fall off..."

Derpy flashed her wings at Big, and boasted, "I can catch you, and bring you back up!"

He gulped. "That might work... but I'm way bigger than you! How're you gonna- Whoa!"

Derpy zoomed on over to the humongous kitty, and miraculously hoisted him up with ease and poise. "Heh," She huffed. "You're a heck of a lot more heavy than you look... b-but, I've... I've done w-worse! GAH!"

She dropped Big flat on his butt, and collapsed to the ground, saying, "Oh... k-kay, so... if you fall... Big? Would you do me a really huge favor? Whatever you do, don't fall again for at least a few minutes. Otherwise, we might not be able to make it across safely." She smirked at him, and asked, "Think you can do that?"

He blinked, and rhetorically asked the pretty little pony, "We're really doing this, aren't we? Hmm... I guess it's time to get serious!"