• Published 18th Jun 2021
  • 658 Views, 43 Comments

The Pony - FIM Fiction



Welcome to a story where you choose what happens.

  • ...
1
 43
 658

5

Amber trotted forward. "Hello you two." she said, looking at the sky, then the ground.

Hello.

No, you don't talk with her!

It. You don't talk with it.

Her. the readers decided.

Actually another changed it. They wanted it to comment on pizza.

It let out a dry laugh, hearing the two conversate with each other. Ambient looked at her friend in confusion. "Are you alright?"

Amber gave a single nod. "I'm fine."

Ambient smiled, before smacking her head. "Oh my chaos! We have to go back."

Amber shrugged. "Alright, back to Fluttershy's."

"No, I mean back through the tree!" Ambient seemed panicked. "We gotta grab Midnight!"

Amber nodded. "Alright. Let's go."

Oh heavens curse it.
What?

"WAAAAIIIT! WAIT FOR ME!" Pinkie galloped towards the two, before tripping and faceplanting into the dirt. "Ow, my snoz!" Pinkie crawled forward. "Can I come?

"Hmmm..." Ambient starred for a moment. "You may walk with us."

"Hooray!" Pinkie shouted, a large grin on her face.

And so, they walked. As they

"Hey, wanna play I spy?"

Crap.
What's wrong?
Do you have any idea how much she talks?
But isn't that good? She's a good filler.
Not when we want to skip past boring long walks.

"Sure" Ambient said. "I spy with my creepy eye... something grey."

"Ooo, that's a toughy." Pinkie said, scratching her chin. "Ahh! Wait no. Maybe, Nah. Hmm." Pinkie's head rolled about, looking around the place. She started inspecting Ambient closer. "Uhhh..." She looked at Amber. "Is it Amber's eyes?"

"Nope! But you're close!"

Many minutes passed as Pinkie stared at Amber, trying not to get too close as to not seem rude. "Is it Amber's skin?" she asked, peering closely.

"Ding ding ding!" Ambient said. "That was fun. Your turn."

"Oo oo, I know! I see with my little eye, something white." Pinkie said, bouncing around the group.

Ambient thought about that. "Uhh... The clouds?"

"My eyes?"

"Nope!"

"Your eyes."

"Guess again!"

"...That flower?"

"Beeh! That's four guesses! I win!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"What was it?" Ambient asked.

"It was your stripes!" Pinkie said. "Oh, and speaking of stripes, did you know..." Pinkie babbled on until

"We're here." Amber said, looking at the tree.

Pinkie shivered. "Yikes, I can't go in that. But I know who can!" Pinkie stepped to the side, revealing... herself? Amber tilted it's head in confusion.

"Hello. I'm Pinkamena." Pinkamena said. "And I'll be your reader reference for the day." she said cheerfully.

"Woah." Ambient said in awe. "The sweet Chaos I could create." she said, examining the two.

Amber reached over to the tree, twisting a knot of wood. It cracked with beams of light. It smiled, and walked through.

And the world opened with beams of sunlight, the scent of peppermint and vinegar in the air. To many, it would smell strange. To the strange, it might smell of home.

"Ooh, poetic!" Pinkamena said.

Did she

No, actually. She's hearing a different thing. Something called The Narrator.

Oh.

Amber looked around the frozen desert. It's eyes turned to The Mountain. It now turned to Ambient Light. "Where do we go?"

"Huh!? How should I know?" Ambient asked in surprise.

Amber thought about that. Midnight was Ambient's friend. However, she likely had a guide during those moments.

"Why not ask the comments?" Pinkamena asked, pointing down. She frowned, seeing the two forth walls didn't line up.

Amber slowly tilted it's head, uncertain of all this information. "We take a break here. Let us know when we should push on." it told Pinkamena.

"Sure! But let's find some cover first. I can't tell if I'm sweating or freezing." Pinkamena said, glancing around. "Narrator! Add a raider or something, I need to stab stuff!"

A scroll appeared, words forming on CRAAAP!
what's wrong oooh. I didn't even know this could happen! Is this bad?

Amber looked around in panic. Where had they gone? It noticed the scroll and sighed in relief, seeing it's voices still remained.

It hugged the scroll tightly. "Do not leave me, my voices."
Oh don't worry, I'll do my best to stay with you!