• ...
 3
 156

Twilight Names a Book 'Mark'

It was a brilliantly standard day in season one of 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic'. The kind of day that lacked the need to explain why Twilight wasn't headmareing around with wings on her back, while also not calling upon her friendly neighborhood spirit of chaos to solve any arising problems for her.

It was in fact so brilliantly standard that Twilight had her 5 pony friends round at the golden oaks library to catch up and drink tea. And they were all out of tea.

And so Twilight Sparkle the unicorn was just finishing off telling them the origin of Spike's name. "So we took him home to see all my books tha-"

"Wait wait wait," Rainbow Dash interrupted. "He was, what a few hours old and you thought he could read already? I get that you're an egghead and all but that doesn't give everyone around you super egghead powers."

Seeing that she was done trying to antagonise her and her wonderful story, Twilight calmly explained. "Actually Rainbow Dash, Princess Celestia's very first assignment as my teacher was to document all I could about the dragon that I had hatched. While I now see that it was one of numerous attempts to teach me about friendship, back then I only saw it as a new challenge, a test if you will. So yes I did try and see if the dragon hatched with my magical skills, had acquired any of my talents other than my talent for living."

At this Rainbow simply rolled her eyes. If she kept on poking holes in Twilight's story then she would probably be here all day. And there was no way that was going to happen, not when she had tricks to try, naps to take, and Scooterloos to adopt.

Author's Note:

Really didn't get too far into this one. Might scrap it or work it into 'Who We Bludgeon' somewhere I dunno?