• Published 20th Nov 2012
  • 870 Views, 38 Comments

The Only Prescription is More Pony - F.Venka



A brony gets into a rather bizarre adventure when fever makes him see ponies in more than one way.

  • ...
6
 38
 870

Daring Do and The Quest for My Coherence

I was just sitting there, minding my own business while trying my best to stay awake, which honestly didn't really go too well, when, all out of a sudden, a strange smell and flavor took over my senses. It felt like... I don't know; I don't have anything to describe it just well, but coffee with apples would be pretty near. It was a pretty much disgusting flavor, but managed to spark up interest on me just fine.

I tried to stand up to... I don't know, either. I can't remember too well what I was going to do exactly, but I do remember not being able to stand up from where I was.

I started to feel really tired and sleepy out of a sudden, sitting in the living room. At a side, the window was opened, and the cool breeze helped me relieve the awful heat that I was feeling in that moment. The clouds were just nice enough to block out the sun from time to time, so it was a really good weather. Maybe because of that, maybe not, I just fell asleep on the couch, mumbling something like 'I'd like a double happy', which isn't something I've made up in this very moment: I can completely recall myself saying that.

So anyway, I closed my eyes and then, I was completely, completely lost in a haze of... of... okay, I don't remember that too much, but it felt real nice.

Some seconds later, I opened my eyes again. Everything seemed normal, and I tried to get up again and go out for a walk. I could feel myself getting sicker by the second and unless something truly magic happened, I wouldn't get any healthier.

...Well, try to guess what kind of thing happened next...

Like I said, I opened up my eyes again, trying to just stand up, which was something that proved to be a little too difficult in that moment; I just stayed on the couch, which wasn't too bad either, contemplating my increasing sickness. By the time I noticed that something was wrong, I couldn't tell if I was asleep or awake. My best guess is asleep, though.

That trademark sound of hooves against wood appeared in the distance once again, getting closer at a worrying speed. I sighed with frustration, asking myself if there was going to be a moment where no weird stuff happened to me and I could finally get some rest, which was what I really wanted.

A 'hyah!' could be heard just an instant later; it sounded like a pony, but who...?

Well, I think I had such a short time window I didn't even finish that question in that moment, because as soon I slowly opened my eyes, I could clearly see a tiny Daring Do making way through my living room on a rope that started on the lightbulb at the ceiling, with origins I won't even begin to question.

As she neared a wall that I certainly didn't remember seeing before, she extended her right wing as she jumped, making a sharp turn that I'm really sure it's not possible, and landed with a thud over a little table that contained some papers, sliding over them until she had to jump a few times back to the center, making said papers fly off with every chance she got to stand over the table itself. When the little tower of letters and other things was completely demolished, papers scattered about on the floor, she appeared to be looking for something, as her ears perked up at the slightest blow of wind, turning her head to recognize every single detail of the room.

Apparently, she didn't see me, because she passed her eyes over to the place I was sitting in some times, and either didn’t take it as something out of the ordinary or just couldn't see me there.

"The Griffon's Goblet, huh..." she muttered beneath her breath, a confident smirk appearing on her face. "Should be around here, if I'm not wrong..."

She threw her hat up in the air and caught it between her teeth, looking directly to the other side of the room. She mumbled something about distance and Magnus Effect, as she begun to estimate the correct trajectory her hat would have to take in order to... I don't know, do something, or something like that.

After gesturing some routes with her hoof, she threw the hat like a Frisbee, the headgear flying through the air in a clean curve, finally reaching a wall, leaving out a click sound when it did. She grinned with pride.
After that click, the sound of metal chains scraping against something could be heard on the distance, as the hat just fell down to the floor of my living room.

She directed her eyes towards the ceiling, her confident smirk turning into an expression of doubt.

"Did anything happen...?" she asked nopony in particular, before noticing something: the ceiling seemed to be slowly decreasing.

And because it seems that everything wants to her dead, the ceiling grew spikes just a second later. For some strange reason, I didn't think of what was going to happen to me, given that
I was a little too carried away with Daring's movements.

"Wrong switch, wrong switch..." she said, a hint of fear on her voice. Before some seconds of herself pacing around the little table, she just jumped and took flight, directing herself towards her trusty hat and, at the same time, spotting a hole in the ceiling that I’m pretty sure didn't exist some instants before.

...I think I got a little too carried away while looking at that hole in the ceiling because before I could even notice how, she was gone and I was left alone with the rather rapidly lowering ceiling. I... can't remember anything that happened after that very moment, but I guess I somehow survived, given how the fact that I am currently writing this.

What I can actually remember, though, was having dinner in a complete silence, sweatier than a pig wrangler on a summer's day.

After eating and drinking, even when I couldn't taste any of it, I just went to my room, locked the door for no apparent reason and threw myself over the sheets, without bothering with anything else. I extended my hand towards a random spot, only to find Applejack still lying there on my bed.

The last thing I thought before losing my consciousness was that I was feeling too much heat for the hour it was at the time: something around 11 PM or maybe just a tad sooner.