• Published 8th Sep 2012
  • 2,128 Views, 22 Comments

Assassin's Tears - MisterGTFO



An Once-Assassin goes to Ponyville, hoping he will not be caught and meets somepony and her friends.

  • ...
13
 22
 2,128

Going to Ponyville

Prologue Chapter: Going to Ponyville

Silent Wind was silently hiding in Canterlot. Seeing a few royal guards pass by him. Not noticing him much under his overcoat. In his mind, he knew he had to get out of Canterlot and hope that they do not know him. What he knows is that he shouldn't cross with the Captain of the royal guard, Shining Armor. Who's also husband of one the princesses, Princess Cadance. Silent Wind already knows that he was informed by Princess Celestia of Shadow Sift from day one.

"I wonder how much is it to get a ticket out of here.." Silent Wind said silently.

While he was wondering, he decided to go back to his house. Seeing that he had to think it out. He saw that he had 15 bits. He cursed under his voice and grunted.

"How am I gonna get a ticket...?" He whispered.

The only solution he thought was to steal simply, he was quite an expert at it seeing how he was not only a Master Assassin but a very skilled Thief.

He went outside to see many Rich-looking ponies but a lot of them didn't have saddlebags but then he saw a Stallion have a saddlebag. And then he began to work his skills.

He went foward at the stallion walking at him and then bumped into him.

"Whoops! Hah.. sorry about that." Silent Wind said.

"Watch it, you stallion!" The stallion said.

After getting out of that situation. Silent Wind held up his hoof to see that he stole a small bag of money. It only had 32 bits.

"Damn it..!" Silent Wind said.

Then he saw that the sun was setting down and grumbled. He knew that he was going to have steal this night and then take the train tommorow. He just hoped that he doesen't screw up on stumbling opon a Royal guard.

He began to walk silently around the residence district in Canterlot and saw a very large house. He decided that he would try to break in and steal at least a few bits in there.

He was able to get in by picking the lock and opening it. When he saw how nice the house was he was a bit amazed. But he soon focused on finding bits in the house. He checked every room except the Bedroom and he didn't find one bit in any of the searched rooms.

"I.. guess I've got no choice.." He said silently.

He slightly opened the door and took a peek. Silent Wind almost screamed and his heart literally stopped for a few seconds.

He saw both The captain of the royal guard, Shining Armor in bed and of course his wife, Princess Cadance along with him. Both of them asleep.

He then walked back slowly and whispered to himself.

"Holy Buck! I'm in the House of one of the ponies who literally want me dead...! Ok.. ok..! calm down.." He whispered.

He looked back in the room and saw that there were at least seven bits on a desk, He really had a huge risk here. Either he'd get those bits or be sniffed out by the guards soon.. or otherwise get caught here and meet the headstallion. Despite the risk, he decided to go for it. He really had to go as soon as possible, the guards were all told that he was probably in Canterlot, so there has been more guards in the districts than ever.

"I know I can.. do it..!!" He whispered.

He silently moved toward the Desk. He stopped for a few seconds when Cadance moved a little, but then moved on. He sucessfully got the bits and moved to the door. Once he got out he took a deep sigh.

"Whew.. alright time for me to get the hay outta here.."

When he got to the window, his clumsiness began to kick in. He accidently bumped into a wooden box and it fell to the ground and made a very big BANG.

"Oh. my. dear. Celestia." He said.

He then heard Shining armor's voice and he just froze but reacted to it and hid, he didn't have time to think and he flew up and hoped he wasn't seen.

"Who's there..?" Shining Armor's voice was clear as always.

Silent Wind then looked down and saw that Shining armor was below him. He kept calm and held his breath.

Shining Armor then saw the Wooden box and saw that it fell on the floor. He then looked at the opened window and then took a deep breath.

"Oh, it must've been the wind. It's been so strong lately..." Shining Armor said quietly.

Silent Wind went Wide-eyed and smiled. He then heard Cadance's voice telling Shining Armor about what happened. Shining Armor simply replied that it was just the wind and then Shining Armor levitated the Box and putted it back on the end table and then closing the window. After that, he went back to the Bedroom and went back to bed.

Whew, got lucky there. Silent Wind thought. He soon stopped hanging from the ceiling fan and carefully hovered down. He then moved foward at the window and opened it, then he went got of the house and quietly closed the door his way out.

"Now.. I FINALLY have enough..." Silent Wind said.

He went back to his room at the apartments and layed down his money. While he was checking his money, he heard a voice at his balcony.

"Long time, no see.. Silent Wind."

He memorized that Feminine-British voice and quickly looked to his left and saw that it was a Golden-fur mare with a brown, pony-tailed mane. And then, he saw the cutie mark: A crosshair with two rifles making an "X".

It was Golden Shot. An old friend he knew for at least two years, he hasn't seen her in while.

"Well, nice to see an old friend. How y'doin? I hope you've made good money as an Mercenary."

"Well.. the ol' damn thing was stupid. So I travel to find work.. But still, I've got some job as some damn captain for the that Rebel army that's in some damn civil war against that bloody Quiero Empire. Far down south 'ere. Hey, how're ya doin so far, Silent Windy?"

"Well, those damn Royal guards still have a damn bounty on me.."

"Really? all these three years?" Golden Shot said.

"Yeah, so I'm going to ponyville till I think of what to do next."

"Y'aint goin back to that bloody Guild are ya?"

Silent Wind started to get a bit upset.

"Hey.. I told you not to mention that damned place.." He started to raise his voice.

"Oh.. sorry bout that there, mate."

Everything was very silent, until Golden Shot began to speak up.

"Well now, I gotta go all the way back to the south so far from 'ere. It was nice to catch up, Silent. But even a tough Mare like me has gotta have sleep too. Goodbye, mate. And get some bloody rest. And don't worry I'll be watchin ya."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll see ya. I give you a bucking post card from me sometime later." Silent Wind said.

Golden Shot chuckled and used her wings to fly back all the way back to the south. Silent Wind looked outside to see her fly away. He then forgot how fast she was.

"Gee... she's quite a tough Mare for me. But I doubt she'll be faster than me though." Silent Wind said.

Silent Wind then smiled and then closed his balcony door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silent Wind quickly got up, sweating and shaking. He hasn't seen himself like that in a long time. He had a horrible flashback in his sleep and all he heard and saw in his dreams were begging of ponies and blood on his hooves. He then saw horrible smiles of many evil stallions and Mares alike in Black-dark Purple robes. The exact kind of an Silentblade robes which are commonly wore among most members.

"I.. I can't think of that. No, I can't.. comon Silent Wind, keep it together.." He whispered to himself.

He got up, took a shower and checked his wardrobe. He had a tattered cloak he had with him ever since as long as he could remember. He then took his leather bracers and putted them on his hooves.

Then he went to the desk and opened one of the cabinets. There, he found two of his hidden blades which were both quite large enough to use as a weapon and of course, an assassination weapon of choice. One was in certain-rare silver called Lightsilver and another one in a kind of dark material which was a rare material called Shadowsilver. Each one was in exquisite condition and still shining. There were engraved markings on each blade in a language which was in Latin which Silent Wind knew how to speak and read it fluently. The Silver-black blade was engraved in a Latin word, Taciturnitas. Which meant "Silence".

The other blade also had a Latin word too engraved also, Umbra. Which of course, meant Shadow.

He silently just looked at the blades for a few seconds almost remembering the bad memories of the past. But soon snapped out of it and began to take off his leather bracers and then putting the Thin, engraved steel bracers that were holding the blades inside, wrapping bandages around his forearms and then putted his leather bracers back on.

He putted his hood on. He then left the Canterlot Apartments. And walked to the train station.

Since it was a Friday, there were more guards that were patrolling the streets. And Silent Wind just had to make sure that he was not stopped by one or he'd otherwise have to throw them aside.

He began to move very fast as he heard is name told by guards to others, he then saw posters of himself. Then he just ran even faster. He was near the train station until he was stopped by a Royal Guard.

"You! stop right there!" He said.

Silent Wind took a deep breath and smiled at him.

"Yes, sir?" Silent Wind said.

"Do you know anything about a Silentblade assassin in Canterlot?"

"No, what is a Silentblade assassin anyways?" Silent Wind began to work into his pretending skills.

"I don't have time to speak, but I was wondering if you could come with us to the kingdom so that we may question you, you may know more than you think." The Guard said.

Silent Wind began to flinch and started to panic.

"Oh.. well I- I am sure a mere citizen like me knows nothing of whom you call "Silentblades" Silent Wind stuttered.

"Citizen, It is in your respect that you come with me." The Guard ordered.

"Please.. I must be quick on the train, my sister is sick and I must get her medicine to her. Please.." Silent Wind was very calm.

Silent Wind then hoped that The Guard would release him and let him go. Still, he saw that The Guard still kept a straight face, showing no kind of emotion at all.

"Very well, I may let you go but only once!" The Guard said.

"Oh, thank you!" Silent Wind began to walk away from the Guard.

"Whew.. got out that hole.." He whispered.

He then saw he was already at the was at the Train station. He got in line to Ponyville and waited and waited... and waited.

Finally, he got inside the train and was very happy to see that he was inside. He hoped that he could find what he wanted in Ponyville.

But he saw how far it was, to his own estimation, he saw that it would take a few hours to Ponyville and decided to take a little nap.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silent Wind found himself in a dark room. He didn't really know where he was so began to walk foward.

"Hello?" He said.

He then saw a White door. He was very cautious and saw that it was slightly ajar. It was beginning to open more as if it was calling him to the room.

When he opened it, he saw many ponies he knew. Many of them a Silentblade member. And some other ponies were regular ponies. Ponies he knew, the one's he killed. Then he saw a little colt move toward him and the little colt gave him a little note. Silent Wind was very confused and guessed that they wanted him to read the note.

When he saw the note, Silent Wind went a bit wide-eyed. The note said "What do you think of who you are?"

Right away, Silent Wind saw that he was woken up by one of the passengers and saw that he was in Ponyville. He sighed and got out of the train.

While Silent Wind was walking, he thought of what that note meant. Was it a riddle or a sign?