• Published 9th Jun 2021
  • 211 Views, 0 Comments

Counterparts - Zeprto678



A story about my counterparts in the forms of my other MLP OCs.

  • ...
 0
 211

Alonzo the Abyssinian

Inside of a wedding chapel that was located in Prance, a tough-looking, cream-colored earth pony stallion with periwinkle-colored eyes, short, grayish-silverish colored mane and tail, some scars on some parts of his body and some iron cell bars for a Cutie Mark. He was wearing a black and white tuxedo and was trotting over to the groom’s door and knocked on it.

“Yeah?” said a male voice.

“Alonzo, only a few minutes before the wedding starts. Are you ready, or do you need a pep talk?” he asked. The stallion’s voice was all gruff sounding.

There was a sigh. “No thanks, Mr. Iron Chains. I’m just trying to make sure that my bowtie is straight enough,” said Alonzo. “After all, I’m getting married today…To your daughter.”

“Don’t remind me,” grumbled Iron Chains. “Well, come out of there already. I’m supposed to be walking my daughter down the aisle soon. I don’t want her big day ruined just because you suddenly got cold paws. Got it?

“Yeah, I know. I’m coming out,” he said.

The gruff stallion moved out of the way as the door opened.


Flashback Starts-Few Weeks Ago (Evening)

Inside of a restaurant there was one creature and a pony sitting in the seating area of the waiting room of some restaurant called ‘Le Brindille Doré’, talking.

“No way I’m doing this,” a male voice said, stubborn and adamant.

“Come on, Alonzo. You have to,” begged a female voice.

“I can’t dine with them, Aster. I just can’t,” argued Alonzo. “I don't want to.”

He was talking to a unicorn named ‘Aster Gladiolus’, a police mare.

“Look, I know you don’t want to have dinner with these ponies since you don't like those mares. I feel the exact same way, but please, do it for me?” said Aster. “This is an important dinner.”

The Abyssinian was acting this way because of two reasons: him and the police mare were there to have dinner with a group of ponies, two of them being high-ranking officials from Canterlot, three of them were from two different kingdoms, one from here in Prance, and the rest of them weren't. Six of them who’ll be there are those that Alonzo hated. The other reason was a secret. He stared at her as Aster had a desperate look on her face.

After a few seconds, the Abyssinian gave off a loud, frustrated sigh. “Ugh, fine. I’ll do it for you, Aster,” he surrendered.

The police mare smiled. “Thanks. I owe you one, Alonzo,” she said. “It’s just going to be a few hours of dinner, then we can get away from their presence and continue to do the things we always do.”

Alonzo rolled his eyes, playfully. “Yeah, yeah,” said the Abyssinian.

They didn’t notice that the ones that they were supposed to be having dinner with had just shown up and were now standing a few feet in front of them.

“Excuse me,” said a mare, shy tone.

The two heard the mare's voice and looked up to see the group. He had to force down his frustration as the ones that the Abyssinian and the police mare were dining with were the Mane 6. With them were Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Spike, the Chief and Aster's father, Iron Chains, and the Captain of the Solar Guards and the Love Alicorn's husband: Shining Armor.

Aster stood up together with Alonzo. “Hello there. We were waiting for you all,” she said. “Let's head for our tables now.”

The police mare trotted away with Alonzo following after her. Aster did not want to be around her dad as the police mare didn’t not need to see his face to know that the gruff pony was disappointed in her for what Aster just said about their guests. Especially when it was directed at one of the princesses who was technically their boss despite the sun princess being the head and founder of the ‘Equestrian Crime Patrol’.

Stupid, old stallion. It's not my fault we didn’t notice them,” thought the police mare, grumpy. “Besides, I was only telling the truth. They should learn how to deal with others having negative views about them. I did.

The two arrived where the host, a unicorn, was.

“Reservation for thirteen. Under ‘Gladiolus’,” the police mare informed.

The host checked the list until he found their reservation. “We’ve been expecting you. Right this way,” guided the unicorn.

The host used his magic to levitate thirteen menus into the air at once, and then trotted off. Everyone followed after him until they arrived at their table, which was a few tables pushed together side-by-side. This was the seating arrangement: Celestia, Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, the dragon kid, the night princess, the Abyssinian, Aster, Iron Chains, the shield pony, and the love princess. An earth pony waiter and a pegasus waitress both approached the table and asked everyone for any appetizers and drinks:

Sun Princess: Mini Cheesecakes and Green Tea

Purple Alicorn: Lavender Tea

Beautiful Mare: Carrot Sticks and Rose Wine

Shy Pegasus: Iced Tea with a slice of Lemon

Rainbow Mare: Mozzarella Sticks and Hard Apple Cider

Apple Mare: Blue Cheese and Crackers and Hard Apple Cider

Spike: Assorted Gems and Lemonade

Luna: Cheese Ball and Stardust Champagne

Gruff Stallion: Whiskey on the rocks

Cadence: Crab Puffs and Rose Wine

Shining Armor: Mozzarella Sticks, and a mix of orange juice and vodka

She looked at the police mare. “What would you like, ma’am?” asked the waitress.

Aster wasn’t in the mood for an appetizer or any alcohol right now. “I’ll just have an orange juice please,” she said.

The pegasus wrote it down before looking at Alonzo. “And for you, sir?” she asked.

“I’ll have an assorted cheese platter and rum,” he said. With the day the Abyssinian was going to have, he was going to need the alcohol.

The waitress nodded. “Okay. We should be back with your drinks and orders in a few minutes,” she said.

Both the waiter and waitress headed for the kitchen. The entire table was silent as either no one had anything to say, or didn’t want to talk or say anything to anyone at all.

In the end, the sun princess was the one who decided to be the one to get rid of the silence. She looked at Iron Chains. “So Iron Chains, I heard about how the Prance Branch has been working together with a certain famous thief to catch criminals, and I have to say, I’m impressed at the speed you have been catching them with his help,” complimented Celestia.

The night princess nodded in agreement. “I have to agree with you, sister. If only criminals in other parts of Equestria could turn over a new leaf and assist the other branches like the Magpie has done, then crime would be way down like it is over here,” she said.

Alonzo felt a bit prideful at the two princesses’ compliments as the ‘Magpie’ was actually him. Back then, the Abyssinian had made a name for himself in Prance as a famous thief known as the Magpie while avoiding being arrested by the Equestrian Crime Patrol. One day, Alonzo got bored of being a famous thief and decided to start working together with them instead, and that’s how he got here today.

Unfortunately, the gruff stallion decided to ruin it. He scoffed. “Yeah, right. The Magpie is probably just trying to become even more famous by teaming up with us while also getting rid of the competition,” said Iron Chains. “It’s obvious that as soon as he puts all of his rivals behind bars, he’ll go back to being a thief again.”

Rainbow Dash nodded, agreeing. “Yeah! Once a thief, always a thief,” she said. The rainbow mare smirked. “If the Magpie even tried to steal anything from Ponyville, I’ll be ready for him. Then as soon as I catch him, his fate is sealed, and I’ll drop him off to Tartarus myself.”

That made the police mare frown. Aster could only slightly stand Rainbow Dash being boastful to the point of annoying, but the gruff stallion was insulting the Abyssinian in public knowing that Alonzo can’t defend himself without making everyone suspicious, which would then make them realize that the Abyssinian is actually the Magpie. Currently, the only ones who know that he’s the famous thief are her and Iron Chains. The police mare looked over at Alonzo and saw the Abyssinian frowning as well. Aster could tell what he was thinking since she was thinking the exact same thing.

The police mare needed to change the subject, and fast. “I heard that a school that was all about friendship was opened up in Ponyville a few weeks ago. My cousin, Hard Boiled, had sent me a letter about it,” Aster informed. “Glad to hear that he’s doing well in Ponyville.”

Her cousin Hard Boiled is an earth pony detective who's great at his job as the stallion has solved tons of cases and has arrested tons of criminals. Last the police mare had heard from him was

That surprised Twilight and her friends.

“Wait. He’s your cousin?!” shouted the rainbow mare.

The noise level of Rainbow Dash’s had attracted the other patrons’ attention.

“Rainbow Dash, inside voice, please! We’re in public!” admonished Rarity. “Either you calm yourself down or I won’t be fixing your Wonderbolt suit anymore.”

She could tell that the beautiful mare was being serious. So, the rainbow mare had no choice but to do it as Rarity was the only one who Rainbow Dash could count on to fix her suits.

She nodded. “Yeah. His mother is my dad's older sister, ‘Tough Love’, and his father is my Uncle ‘Iron Gut’,” Aster informed. “I guess my cousin’s pretty famous in Ponyville for his job, huh?”

The rainbow mare rolled her eyes. “Yeah, right. That psychopath has gotten into fights with others!” said Rainbow Dash, using her inside voice. “We would’ve arrested him, but unfortunately, we can’t since he’s ‘well within his rights to do what he wants by any means necessary when it involves solving a case’, which technically is a part of his process, which we can’t stop no matter what.” The rainbow mare had done the hoofquotes with her hooves. “We can’t even kick him out of Ponyville since he’s well loved by some ponies for helping them out with their cases.”

The police mare nodded, as just like her father, Aster wasn’t surprised at all. “That sounds like Cousin Hard Boiled, all right,” she said.

Applejack smirked. “Not only that, but she had challenged ‘em ta a game of hoofwrestlin’ some time ago an’ lost. About a baker’s dozen last ah counted,” she informed.

Rainbow Dash had to use her inside voice to yell at the apple mare. “Hey! You lost the same exact number of rounds to him that he lost to you!” argued the rainbow mare.

Unfortunately, her provocation didn’t work on Applejack. “Ah’m not angry ‘bout that since he’s a good sport when it comes ta the game. Besides, we both keep track of how many times we won and lost ta each other,” Applejack informed. “He even won against Big McIntosh a few times, an’ they’re really chummy.”

Rainbow Dash’s only response was to cross her hooves together in frustration, which made the rainbow mare’s friends laugh. Luckily for Aster, changing the subject seemed to work as she’s been doing it a few times to make them forget about talking about the thief.


Few Hours Later

Some of them were still eating, while the others had already finished eating. The police mare had ordered cucumber and tomato sandwiches without mayo, and a plain side salad.

Aster looked worried as the police mare drank the last of her orange juice. “I’ve just got to make this announcement. It should be fine,” thought Aster. She was glancing between her father and the Abyssinian. “I hope.

As for Alonzo, he was finishing the last of his meal, which was Grilled Lemon Pepper Swordfish with a creamy sauce, and a side of Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans, Chicken Alfredo with a side of Garlic Bread, and some Cheesecake topped with a Lemon Sauce.

Inwardly, the Abyssinian was nervous as he stole a glance at the police mare. “You can do this. You’ve been practicing in front of the mirror for days, so you just can’t give up now,” thought Alonzo. “Once you make this announcement, you will have completely given up on going back home.

Back then, he'd been trying to get back home by looking for and stealing powerful magical artifacts from ponies. So far, none of them would’ve provided enough magic, or they were either fakes that ponies had just to make themselves look good, or the artifacts were duds.

Actually, I did give up after realizing that I’m stuck here for good. So, I better make the best of the rest of my life after all, and it starts with my marefriend Aster,” thought the Abysinnian, determined.

Both the Abyssinian and Aster stood up from the table at the same time.

“Here goes nothing,” thought Alonzo and the police mare.

The two clinked a spoon on their cups, catching the entire table’s attention.

“I’d like to make an announcement,” said the two at the same time. They were both caught off-guard.

He smiled. “You go ahead first, Aster. I can wait,” said the Abyssinian.

She smiled back. “Thanks, Alonzo,” said the police mare. She looked around at everyone. “I’d like to inform everypony that I’m pregnant.”

The news surprised everyone at the table, except for Alonzo and the gruff stallion, both who were shocked.

Aster then looked at the Abyssinian, smiling even more. “You’re going to be a dad,” the police mare informed.

Even though he looked shocked, Alonzo was actually happy. “I’m going to be a dad…?” he said. The Abyssinian’s shocked look turned into a look of pure happiness. “I’M GOING TO BE A DAD!”

Alonzo’s screaming could be heard throughout the entire restaurant, surprising everypony, except Aster, who felt happy that he was happy.

The Abyssinian looked down at her. “Now it’s time for my announcement,” said Alonzo. He pushed the chair out of the way for some room. Alonzo reached into his pocket, brought out a small box, and got down on one knee before the police mare, who gasped as she realized what the Abyssinian was doing.

Everyone at the table gasped too, except Iron Chains, who was still shocked to say anything.

“Aster, ever since the day we first met we didn’t like each other at all, even after we got partnered up. But, as time went on, we ended up becoming a couple,” said Alonzo. “You’re my inspiration. You complete me. So, will you marry me?”

Aster was sniffed, tearing up. “Of course, I’ll marry you,” she confirmed. The police mare extended her left hoof.

He smiled widely. The Abyssian then took the ring out of the box and placed it around Aster’s left hoof. Everyone, including Rainbow Dash who was forced to do it as well by the beautiful mare, but not the gruff stallion, clapped to congratulate the couple. As for Iron Chains, he started shaking in anger. First, his daughter is pregnant, and now Alonzo is engaged to the police mare, and if the marriage goes through, the Abyssinian will be Iron Chains’ colt-in-law. Alonzo and Aster were closing in for a kiss, but then something stopped them.

The gruff stallion stood up from his seat. “Stop this right now. I am against you getting married to him,” said Iron Chains.

She let out a frustrated sigh. Then, the police mare smiled sweetly at the Abyssinian. “Wait one moment, please,” said Aster.

The police mare turned around, and then Aster grabbed her father by the shirt and strongly pulled him down to have a surprised Iron Chains look the angry police mare in the eyes. “You listen here, old man. I am sick and tired of you constantly insulting my coltfriend while he has to stand there and take it,” said Aster. “He does a great job at what he does, he treats me right, and makes me feel special. You on the other hoof have scared away every guy I ever dated or was even interested in me. Not only that, but you’re going to become a grandfather and have a colt-in-law, yet you’re being so ungrateful you–”

Before she could say more, Alonzo placed a hand on the police mare’s shoulder. “Aster, please calm down. Think of the foal,” he warned.

Aster, hearing the Abyssinian, knew that he was right. She breathed in and out for a few seconds until eventually, the police mare was calmed down.

Aster smiled at Alonzo. “Thanks,” she said. Then, the police mare looked back at her father with a calm look. “Listen, this is a joyous day for us. If you don’t want to be a part of it, then fine, but I found somepony who’ll stick by my side no matter what. That’s all that matters.” Aster let go of the gruff stallion, and then turned to face everyone with an apologetic look. “Sorry everypony, but Alonzo and I are going to have to leave early. Thanks for the meal.”

The police mare trotted away before anyone could say anything, while the Abyssinian followed after her, but then he stopped and looked at everyone.

“Great meal, but me and Aster hope we never see or interact with any of you ever again. No, we don’t need any parties, and no, none of you are invited to the wedding or any parties we’re having before or after the wedding,” said Alonzo, speaking quickly. He was only saying this since this might be the only time Aster and the Abyssinian will be with the group. “Also, Iron Chains, you’re paying for our meal for being such a jerk. Good bye, good luck, and good riddance to you all.”

Alonzo quickly ran after the police mare.


Flashback Ends

The Abyssinian, wearing a tuxedo, was standing up in front of the chapel with Radiance Glow the pastor; Book Case, his best stallion; And Aster’s maid of honor, Prism Everglow. There were ponies and creatures seated down in the aisles, some of them were Alonzo and the police mare’s co-workers.

His heart was beating fast. “You can do this, and whatever you do, do not mess up your wedding vows. You only get one chance to do it perfectly,” thought the Abyssinian. “Make this count.

As soon as Alonzo thought that, the chapel doors opened, revealing Aster who was looking beautiful and wearing her wedding dress, while standing beside the police mare was her father, Iron Chains. Then, a mare started playing wedding music, and Aster and the gruff stallion started walking down the aisle.

He smiled. “She looks so beautiful,” thought the Abyssinian.

Eventually, she made it to the end and stood across from Alonzo, while the police mare’s father went to sit down in the front aisles.

“You look beautiful,” complimented the Abyssinian.

Aster giggled. “Thanks. You look handsome,” complimented the police mare.

Alonzo smiled even more. “Thanks,” said the Abyssinian.

Radiance Glow opened his mouth as the pastor began to speak.

Author's Note:

After ending up in that universe, they trained themself to master Alonzo's thievery and art forgery skills. One day, Alonzo got bored from being a famous thief, and stealing and forging stuff, he decided to work together with the authorities to capture thieves, crooks, and forgers. The Chief's daughter, Aster Gladiolus, was partnered up with Alonzo to keep an eye on him. The two didn't like each other at all, but after a while, they started treating each other like friends before developing a secret relationship without anyone knowing.

Alonzo doesn't like the Mane 6 for a few reasons.

Hardboiled was inspired from when I decided to make him a hardboiled detective.

The drawing of Alonzo was made by scorpio-gustavo, while the drawing of Aster was made by ask-that-one-firefighter-girl.

This is what Aster looks like during when she's on a case.

The Psychopath proofread this story. They were also the ones who suggested "Magpie" as Alonzo's thief name, and also the restaurant's name "Le Brindille Doré", which means "The Golden Branch" in French.