• Published 19th Jun 2021
  • 303 Views, 37 Comments

Heart of the Nova -Prologue- - Silent Nova



What happens when a new transfer student arrives after the fall formal? I don't know I just got here!

  • ...
 37
 303

What Kinda School Is This?

Author's Note:

And number 5. Hope yall are enjoying so far. I'm sure I'm not playing the girls out just right but ill be going over things multiple time to see what tweaks I can make. Let me know if there's something I need to focus on or correct and see yall next time.

The rest of the day went by without much issue but...I did notice at least a few students gave me slightly confused looks. Maybe even a glare or two as they whisper to each other. I however am mostly oblivious to all that as I am currently debating on whether or not I should panic as I head to my truck.

"OK... somehow...on my first day at this school...I wind up with a girls number." I climb into my truck and continue with my rant. "On top of that. I'm now waiting to hear from her where we will meet to talk about Sunset...with her four friends...who are girls as well!" I take a deep breathe. "How did I get into this? I'm used to just being alone at school." I let a tired sigh escape as I stare at the roof of my truck. "It's...kinda similar to last time." I close my eyes. "Why is it so hard for me to just...interact with people."

The tone for my phone goes off which is some kind of Japanese song. "We're all meetin at Sugar Cube Corner in 30 min. The new number is Nova so ya girls know." I deadpan as I read the text. The song I usually like then acts like a record stuck at the start.

"HIYA NOVA! It's Pinkie. See you guys there!"

"RD, I'll see ya guys there."

"Rarity here, I'll see you there darlings."

"Fluttershy. See you girls there." "Oh and you too Silent Nova."

As I stare at my phone I then smack my head on my steering wheel causing the horn to blast as I mumble. "Now I have all their numbers."


I pull into the Sugar Cube Corner parking lot and head inside to get a table where I nervously wait. This quaint little pastry shop seems to be fairly popular with students as there are a few other groups here. After some time I see the girls arrive at the shop.

As they approach I stand with a nervous smile on my face. "Uh...hey there." I gesture to allow them to pick there seats.

They all give their greetings as they take their spots. As Rarity moves by me she gives a sweet smile before she sits. "My you're such a gentleman darling."

I awkwardly chuckle as I pull a stool up to sit at the end. "I try to be." Not sure how the conversation should go I wait for them to start. After they get settled the girls begin talking about...everything. Pinkie excitedly remarked about a new pastry here. Rainbow was talking about her practice. Rarity talked about a new dress she had been working on. The only ones not talking was Fluttershy who seemed to just happily listen to her friends and Applejack who gave me a slightly concerned smile as I just watch the conversations flow.

"Ahem...girls...ah don't think Nova came out just to hear us gab away." Applejack then gives a light chuckle as the girls pause.

Rarity awkwardly chuckles as she realizes what was happening. "Oh...sorry about that darling. It's just been so long since we've met up like this. I guess we just got a little carried away."

I wave my hands in front of me nervously. "Na it's fine. Ya'll keep goin if ya want. I can wait." The girls exchange a few concerned looks as I then become a little confused. "You said that its been a long time since yall've gotten together. Yall seem like good friends so...why is that?"

They seem to focus on my question so we can get back on track as Rarity responds. "Well darling, that is actually part of what we need to discuss."

What followed was a lengthy explanation of what happened at the school from when Sunset first showed up to her rise as Queen B. How she would act friendly just to sabotage Pinkie's bake sale. How she humiliated Rarity at a pageant thing. How she is from another world of magic ponies where she stole a magic crown of a pony priccess and became a demon when she put it on and mind controlled the students and through a fireball at them but the pony princess and them saved the day by blasting her with a rainbow laser.................wait.

"So ya thats why folks are pretty peeved with Sunset and how the school was damaged." Applejack finished up their story as the girls all looked at me like...yes this is normal.

I just stare at the girls with a bit of disappointment on my face. Fluttershy seemed to try and hide behind her hair while Pinkie and Rainbow Dash just watch me waiting for my response to this normal conversation. Rarity and Applejack however seem to have realized how this must look as Rarity begins to fidget.

I take a deep breathe and close my eyes. My nerves mostly gone as I try and process this. "And here I thought ya'll seemed like nice girls." I open my eyes and give them a hard stare. "So...what is it? Revenge for what she did before?"

Rainbow is the first to react as she looks confused. "What are ya talkin about dude? We didn't do anything to Sunset. She brought all this on herself."

Applejack pinches the bridge of her nose. "Hold up there Dash. Ah think we got a little ahead of ourselves here." Rainbow folds her arms up looking a bit offended at my remark. Applejack then looks up at me. "Ah understand how this can sound Nova but I swear its the honest truth. You can ask Sunset about it yourself tomorrow and heck even the principals." The girls, aside from Rainbow, look at me with various degrees of worry as I take a moment to think.

I message the back of my neck. "I would say then ya'll probably just put Sunset in her place if she agrees with this but...if even the principals agree. That would only mean that either this school is just trash or...your tellin the truth." Not really believing what they said I stand to take my leave. "I guess I'll just...see what I can find out."

"Well...I do hope you figure things out darling. I'd hate for our relationship to end on this note." Rarity gives me a genuine but awkward smile. The rest of the girls seem to not know what they can say as Rainbow just sits with her arms still folded not looking at me.

I doubt there was a relationship there to begin with but I give them a small smile. "Yeah...we'll see." I then give them a small wave as I leave them in peace and head to the counter to get me a vanilla shake. I know this isn't any kind of date thing but it still feels weird not to. "Excuse me miss. Go ahead and put that tables orders on as well." The lady gives me a kind smile as she rings me up. I then leave the shop to head on to my new home.

Dad said I'd be staying with my cousins but he never said who they were. Just sent me here with an address and said they are expecting me. I guess he got tired of me "cramping his style" as he'd say. As far as I know he was always a gambling nut though. I guess he has done alright with it but all he ever does is party and gamble. I pull up to a nice little house in the suburbs. I take my few things out, head to the door and knock. After a few moments the door swings open revealing a familiar aurora haired woman who stands with an awkward smile on her face.