• Published 19th Apr 2021
  • 237 Views, 2 Comments

Sudden Loneliness - easysqweasy



After blacking out, Bass String awakes to find out that he's the only pony left in Equestria.

  • ...
 2
 237

Tape 1: The beginning. (Edited 6/20/2021)

Hello, My name is Bass String. This is gonna be a series of tape recordings of my journey, although I doubt anypony will hear this, since I havent found anypony at all. I used to live in Cloudsdale as a bassist, until the day when the incident happened.

It started when I was walking to one of my friends house in Ponyville, when another friend gave me a cupcake. She usually does this every time I'm in Ponyville, and I always accept it. However, when I took a bite out of the cupcake, I felt dizzy. During the dizzyness I saw other ponies collapsing and groaning. It was a short while before I collapsed, too.

Waking up was a mix of trying to get my bearings and figuring out what happened. The first few things I noticed were: Everything was foggy, there was less color than usual, and I'm alone.

At first I thought everypony was hiding, so I yelled Hello, expecting a response. All I could hear was my voice echoing through the sky, and the sound of silence afterwards. I yell again. No response.

Trying to keep my cool, I started looking through windows to see if I could spot anypony, yet nopony was here.

A thought was brought upon my head. Maybe I could find somepony in a shop.

Entering Sugarcube Corner, I look around, yet nopony could be spotted. I didnt want to trespass, but I had to in order to see if anypony is here.

I call out once again.

Silence.

I only had one option left, by trespassing. Trotting behind the counter, and entering the kitchen, yet after doing a bit more searching, I couldn't find anypony.

I had the feeling somepony might find me trespassing, so I left Sugarcube Corner, and headed for the Carousel Boutique.
I'm not exactly a fan of fashion, but it's a place, so if I wanna check if somepony is in this town, the Boutique is a possiblity

Entering the Boutique, it's dead silent. No noise except for the door opening and the door bell ringing. Nopony was at the ground floor, as expected.
I went upstairs to the upper floor and silently enter the bedroom. Nopony was here.

At this point, I started losing hope on my search for other ponies in Ponyville, so I turned around to leave, instead to be greeted by a mannequin, which was behind me once I turned. I got startled at the sudden and silent appearance of a mannequin, so I quickly went downstairs.

Once I got to the ground room, I noticed all the mannequins have disappeared.
This started to get me scared because of the paranormal activity. I didnt think it was a prank because it was just me here, alone, but I didnt want to stay here just in case more spooky stuff happens.

I thought of searching more around Ponyville, but there's another place I wanted to go to..

After a very troublesome flight due to the fog, I managed to reach my destination, Cloudsdale. I went to my home first to see if everything was still there. It was, so I was relieved. But I hadn't finish exploring Cloudsdale yet, I still had yet to find what was the secret of the Rainbow Factory. Ever since I was a filly, I had always wondered what the secret was.

The Factory has stopped producing rainbows since I woke up, which is reasonable, since all ponies have seemed to disappear without a trace.

Once I entered the upper floors of the Factory, it looked dark, and I wondered why, until I stumbled upon the machine. Blood and gore can be seen where the machine is. Looked like some sort of pony grinder to me. The only reason why I could think of for the gibs staying is because they're already dead.

I had quickly left in disgust. I wanted to know where everypony has gone, but the factory didn't help much with it. But I didn't want to think too much of it, so I ran home and passed out on the floor.

My dream wasn't any better either. I was in the point of view of a filly in the factory, watching her friend get her wings torn from her, and then being put in the machine as blood spewed out of it as the filly screamed in pain.

I was shocked when the output of the machine wasnt blood and gore, but instead colorful rainbows. This made me think Were ponies being used as rainbows this whole time? Why? I looked to my right and spotted a pegasus with familiar eyes.

Waking up, I immediately left my house and went to the factory again. When I entered, my instincts immediately told me no. However, I had to figure out what was up. This time, I searched different parts of the factory, trying to find clues on who worked here.

I couldn't find anything that relates to specific ponies. Only the presumable blood of fillies who used to be here, and bloody writing on some of the walls.

The only thing that interests me is writing on the wall that has a specific word mostly wiped away. The writing reads "R is a Bitch!"

I assumed that one of the workers in this factory had R as the first letter of their name, but they smeared the name away to hide it. They did a pretty bad job to me.

I tried searching the employee's only rooms to see if there were any more hints, but I couldn't find any more. Leaving was my only option for now.

After I left the factory, I left Cloudsdale. The only reason why I was at Cloudsdale is to visit my home and visit the Rainbow Factory.

I headed in the direction of Canterlot. If the princesses are still there, maybe they can help me.

Entering Canterlot, the first thing I noticed is that I can see more farther than I usually could. That was a first, so I expected a pegasus to be here.

I've been to Canterlot before, so I know where the castle is, and so I immediately sprinted towards it and entered.

Once inside, I headed for the throne room, only to find that not even the 2 princesses are here, but only a note that was left on the throne.

I went to go read it, but the closer I got, the more weaker and tired I felt. I tried trotting away from the note, but I had already collapsed to the floor. It was only moments before I had passed out again.

I had woken up, and this where I am at the time of recording. End of tape.

Author's Note:

Not really much to say here besides the beginning was hard. I had rewritten it about 3-5 times before sticking with tape recordings of Bass narrating his actions, and plus, this is my first fanfic, so my writing skills are rusty.
The only design I have of Bass String is a pony town design that I uploaded on Derpibooru. Theres a ref sheet on derpibooru of Bass that I'm too lazy to link here.
Edit, June 20, 2021: I'm re-editing the story to make it less cringe.