• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 509 Views, 35 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Power Ponies - Comrade Bagel Muffin



In one of the largest untouched cities on the boarders of Equestria and Griffon territory. The people live under 5 major companies, 10 cartels, and an ever shifting political council. In this system the people need heroes. This is their story.

  • ...
2
 35
 509

The Nightmare Lives

Fluid Moves continued to work on the small water filtration and sanitation system that had been laying on the the desk next to his bed for several weeks. In the past week he had found a lot more free time to work on his projects and commissions. Since the Snatchers had made that last large push, they hadn't been able to muster enough terrorize the edges of End of the Line. There was a quick knock on the door. "Flu-Flu, we're going to be having breakfast soon, you have any requests?" Ash asked from the other side of the door.

"Breakfast?" Fluid yawned, looking up at the wall he saw the clock showed it was 9 AM. "Flapjacks with butter." He rubbed his eyes. He sighed putting his tools down as he got up shaking his head a bit. He walked into his bathroom and to the tub. He turned on the water on, and put his head under it. "Ah, cold! Cold." He pulled his head back out shaking it vigorously now far more awake. With one more stretch, and a quick drying off with a towel, he headed out into the hall.

Hey!" Light trotted up behind him. "Thanks for letting us stay here, 5-stars." She smiled her brother right behind her.

"Ditto." He nodded. "If there's anyway we can pay you back don't hesitate to ask." He smiled. "And if you need to grab some sleep. I'm sure my little sis is capable of helping out."

"Is it that obvious, that I did an all nighter?" Fluid asked as he led the newest sibling housemates to his dinning room.

"Yeah, you've got bags under your eyes." Light said. "Were you planning out a massive counter attack on those snatchers and completely destroying their organization?"

"Not really, Disc is the one that normally comes up with the plans, I've been trying to fix a water filtration system for the third district." They headed down the stairs.

"Disc is the stallion right?" Dream asked. Fluid nodded. "He seems like the type that would stay back and come up with the plan."

"Just like you." Light smirked looking back over her shoulder.

"Hahaha. It's just difficult keeping up with you. Something you will find out soon enough Fluid, I don't feel bad for you at all." They soon made it into the large dinning room. Ash had her disguise up and was sitting next to Jet Lag, whose teddy bear, Mr. Happy Smile Mail Bear, was resting on his head. Dub was sitting opposite Rusty, the two were deep in a conversation about computer systems. When she noticed the group walking in she waved to Dream and patted a chair next to her.

"Oh, brother's got another marefriend." Light poked Dream's side.

"Do I have to give you another noogie?" Dream gave his sister a side ways glance.

"No, my hat defends me, your noogies have no power here." Everybody had a laugh as Light held her hat closer to her head. Fluid walked over to the table Taking a seat next to Disc. Light followed her brother to the table taking a seat next to Rusty as he sat next to Dub.

"Breakfast is served." 41fr3d walked into the room balancing several plates with dozens of pancakes. The plates were placed on the table. "Are there any further requests?"

"Butter would be nice," Fluid said.

"Berries," Ash said raising a hoof.

"Oh maple syrup, you can't have pancakes without maple syrup." Light jumped up.

"Tomato juice." Rusty said.

"Tomato juice?" Dream asked, looking at the rust brown colt.

"Please don't get him started, it's to early in the morning for this."

"Why tomato juice?" Light asked.

"Because tomatoes are the only uncompromised drink left in the whole of Equestria." Dub groaned and face hoofed. "You see the Alicorns of Unity are secretly putting chemicals in the water supply and will eventually activate them turning everypony into mindless zombies." Rusty began. "Ponies that don't drink water but still drink things like orange juice, beer, or milk will also be infected because they have to use water to make those things in one way or another. But the acidity in tomatoes is just right so that the chemicals can't survive in the juice."

"Wait what about lemon juice?" Light asked being the only one at the table paying Rusty's rant any attention. Ash and Jet were giving each other lover eyes as they talked about the dreams they had last night. Fluid was checked out resting his head in his hoof, Dub's brother was going over a couple of letters.

"Lemon is just one small letter away from demon, that's why you can't trust lemons, they're an unholy tarturous spawn that escaped when Cerberus 'got distracted'." He used his hooves to make air quotes on the last part of his explanation.

"This is not normal for you guys?" Dream asked.

"Us no, him yes." Dub sighed but quickly perked up as the requested items were brought to the table. "Okay time to chow down." She floated pancakes onto everybody's plates. "No more all nighters for you." She glared at Fluid as she slathered butter and syrup on to his pancakes.

"I don't see the problem with it, let him live a little, it's not like you don't pull all nighters with all your coltfriends." Dub took one of the berries and threw it her brother. "Very professional." She stuck her tongue out at him. "And that's how you get my sister to give you tongue, Dream." A second later Half the tomato juice was poured on his head. "This is normal for us though, in case you were wondering." Disc wiped off as much of the red tomato juice as he could with his napkin as the others chowed down on their breakfast.

"I kind of was actually." Dream smirked.

"Are you planning on staying here?" Ash asked as she finished her pancakes.

"I mean if it's okay with you I don't mind. And it would break Dream's heart if we had to leave another mare friend behind." Light smiled.

"The tomato juice is only half empty Light. I'm about to pour the rest of it on you."

"You see Dream that's your problem, you're a glass half empty kinda guy. I'm a glass half full filly myself." She stifled a laugh as Rusty started cursing grabbing the glass and pulling it away from her brother's telekinesis.


Lapis was humming softly to herself as she made her way back to her apartment, things had been going extremely well for the past two weeks. She'd been finally started working on cutting real jewels and making actual jewelry. It was a dream come true. She paused at a small candy shop, with a smile she headed in. A few minutes later she was heading back to her apartment.

As she arrived in the lobby everypony was asleep even the Dash addict that was strung out in the corner, they were all twitching in their sleep as though having nightmares too. She stopped humming and continued up the stairs. The entire complex was asleep. She got to the last landing and looked around for the colt and filly. The two were nowhere to be seen. She moved slowly to her room on the top floor. Her eyes darting at every shadow or perceived movement. When she got to her room the door was slightly ajar. She paused and dropped her bags before she charged through the door. There were two high pitch screams from under her bed as she looked around. She could see two small pony shapes cowering under her bed, aside from them the room was exactly the same as when she had left it.

"You two are okay. Come on out." She sat down waving for the colt and filly to come out from under the bed. "Oh I got something for you two." She grabbed her bags out of the hallway and pulled out two chocolate bars. "Come on." She offered them to the colt and filly. "You're okay, I said you were safe here and I meant it." The two slowly crawled out from underneath the bed and moved toward her. "Do you know what happened here? I doubt that everypony in the building just decided to have a nap at the same time."

"He-he-he put them to sl-sleep." The colt stuttered his eyes darting back an forth.

"He put them to sleep who's he?" Lapis asked giving the colt and filly the chocolate bars.

"Meph-Meph-Mephistopheles." The colt stuttered shaking like a leaf.

"Did somebody call?" A high pitch laugh filled the room sending the colt and filly bolting back to underneath the bed. "You really shouldn't speak of the devil unless you want him to show up." The shadows in the room slowly flowed around the walls and floor creating the smoke like silhouette of a unicorn.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" Lapis spread out her wings and stepped between the smoky mist and the two foals hiding under her bed.

"I just wanted to deliver a message." Out of the smoke and shadows a blood red unicorn with a black mane began to materialize. "Something that couldn't be misunderstood."

"Then just say your peace and get out." She glared daggers as the unicorn shifted in and out of the smoke.

"If you insist." He smiled like the Cheshire Cat as the black smoke pulled around him. "If we have to get to the point then fine. You'll get the point."

"Be-behind you!" Without even looking Lapis threw herself to the side. Just as a cane sword dug into the carpet and bounced off the concrete floor underneath.

"Shut the fuck up you little piece of shit!" Mephistopheles fired a bolt of magic under the bed causing the colt and filly to scream and shriek. Lapis charged him as he faded away, the smoke burned her eyes when she flew through it. She winced as her head hit the wall. She turned back around. The unicorn was gone, but her eyes were drawn to the bed the colt and filly were crawling out their bodies slowly turning to dust as the moved forward. The filly crumbled to into a pile of soot on her patchy carpeted floor as the colt just struggled to get to Lapis.

"Y-you said we'd be s-safe here." Was all the colt could crook out as his throat turned to ash, and his head fell to the floor rolling to her hooves as she pushed herself to the wall. "You lied, you lied, you failed, you can't save anypony. Weirdo. Freak. Liar!" the head screamed at her as it too crumbled away to dust. She curled up as the colt's head was reduced to a pile of soot at her hind hooves.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She repeated over and over again. Her world became cold as ice, and she was now soaking wet covered in blood. A few second later she had another wave of cold wash over her, she was dripping wet with it. She started hyperventilating, She was being pulled somewhere, a moment later she was submerged.

"Sn-snap out of it." The colt's voice sounded like he was above the water. Her eyes opened, it wasn't blood, it was water in her kitchen sink. She pushed her head up coughing and rubbing her eyes.

"What, what happened?" She rubbed her eyes.

"Th-the smoke." The colt stuttered. Lapis leaned over the sink panting hard as reality slowly trickled back to her. "It makes you see th-things." The colt continued. "T-to much a-and you black out."

"Like all the ponies down stairs?" she asked still leaning against the sink. The colt and filly nodded. "Right. You two know who that jackass is." She looked between them. "You knew his name."

"W-we ran h-here."

"And he followed you." The nodded. "And he wanted you to tell me what had happened?" Another nod confirmed her concerns. "Right, okay he shot at you did you two get hit?" She asked looking them over.

"N-no. He he was close."

"Okay, well I don't like leaving you here, if he comes back so for now can you two come with me we're going to go see a friend of mine. You might know him. The Disco Doo-Gooder, yeah?"

"W-we'll just st-stay here."

"And if he comes back?"

"W-w-we'll st-ststststay-" The colt started shacking as he stutter worsened.

"It's okay, it's okay." She patted him on the shoulder. "Just stay hidden okay."

"O-o-ok-k-k-kay." With a nod Lapis dragged the rest of her things into the to room and started changing into her heroine uniform.

"Lock the window behind me you two, and when I come back please don't hit me with a frying pan." She gave them a wink and bolted out of the window, heading straight for the Mansion.


A few minutes after a late lunch, Fluid led Light up to the second floor where there was a large dance hall that made up the bulk of the floor. Around the room were booths and tables and against the back wall were large speakers and a DJ spin table. "Nice dance floor, is it new or has it always been a dance floor?" Light asked as she walked on the hard wood floor.

"We've always had a dance floor, I got my cutie mark here." Fluid looked over the dance floor for a few seconds a look of longing coming over him. "I guess I might have made it a bit bigger than it used to be." He yawned then shook his head. "Anyway we use this room for training when we're not hosting parties here." He walked over to a table and picked up a wooden replica of her arnis, "If we're going to be working with each other we should probably learn each others movements, so how about a little sparring?" He tossed her the wooded weapon.

"I'm down for that, but aren't you tired?" She gabbed it. "Oh, this has a nice feel." She swung it around a few times.

"I can shoot up some Dash that should wake me up quick and fast," Fluid grabbed a Dash canister.

"What no. That's cheating! I want to see what your like, at base line if I'm going to be working with you, you can take the Dash after our first spar." She charged at him knocking the Dash out of his hoof. "If you really want to spar while your tired then you can just drink a caffeinated soda or some coffee if you really need to."

"But I don't like coffee." He sighed and shook his head. "It's fine I can stay awake and this should definitely wake me up." He walked back away back to the dance floor, he stood up on his hind legs getting into a strange fighting stance.

"You use a two legged fighting stance too? Neat!" Light smiled twirling her weapon as she balanced herself on her hind hooves and carefully moved up to the dance floor. "I haven't seen very many ponies that fight like this."

"It's a zebra stance." Fluid said, "But your's doesn't look like a zebra fighting stance."

"It's not." Light smiled ear to ear. "I managed to get a hell hound from Old Olneigh to show me how to fight on my hind hooves. It wasn't easy but I learned, and there's no risk of me losing teeth like if I had to use my mouth."

"That's a unique solution. Ready when you are." Light nodded and charged swinging her arnis as she closed the gap between the two of them. She swung hard, and Fluid dogged stepping back. She swung again, he moved to the side. "Are you still warming up or are we going to begin."

"I'm just taking it slow. No need to get to serious just yet. After all weren't you the one that said he was sleepy after staying up all night?" She swung again. There was a loud bang as he stopped the swing with a punch.

"I'm waking up."

"Good let's get started." Light smirked twirling her arnis once before letting lose a flurry of swings Fluid dodging most and kicking and punching the few that were to close to dodge. "Woah." She stepped back. "Okay, that, that was pretty cool." Light beamed. "So lets turn it up a notch."

"You're finally going get serious?" Fluid smirked back. Changing he stance going back down onto four hooves.

"You asked for it." She threw blow after blow at Fluid, who spun around like a break dancer knocking her blows away one after another, after another. "Dang that's awesome, you've got to show me how to do that." She looked at him as he got back up. He swayed from side to side before falling back down on his rump. "You okay?"

"Yeah I don't recommend doing that while tired I just got really, dizzy there for a bit."

"So you mean if I do this." She softly thumps him on the head with her arnis. "Hey I finally got you. Yea!" He fell on his back with an exaggerated cry of defeat. Light sat down with a laugh. "But that was awesome what was that thing that you just did with all that spinning?"

"That, that was called Party Polka, it's an Ministry or Moral martial arts." He groaned. "The room won't stop spinning." He lay sprawled out on the floor. "I learned it a long time ago," he said between breaths, his mood dropped a bit. "It was when I got my cutie mark."

"Could you have sounded any sadder saying that?" Light asked sitting down next to him.

"It's an old memory is all." He looked to the table with the Dash canister on it. "It's not sad at least not by itself anyways, but with all the other ones." He gave a weak shrug while laying on the floor.

"Tragic backstory storytime?" Light asked.

"No I'm good." He roll got back up. "Ready for round two?"

"Please I'm always ready." She jumped back up to her hooves "Tell you what, go ahead." She pointed to the table. "I kinda feel like a cheat fighting while you're tired. So grab some Dash and we'll call it even." A loud knocking echoed up the stairs from the main doors of the mansion. "What the heck was that?" Light looked over her shoulder.


Lapis arrive at the mansion after only a few minutes of the hardest flying in her life she banged on the door hoping they could hear her, and wouldn't be to upset about the frantic knocking. It was important. After a few seconds the door was opened by the pegasus.

"Hello, uh Ruby right."

"Sapphire, but that's not important Jet Lag I need Disco's help."

"Right come in." He turned around and bolted up the stairs. She could hear him calling to others as he flew up. Sapphire only had to wait for a minute before everyone showed up, including the two new comers Dream and Light.

"Are you okay?" Disc asked.

"Not going to lie I've been better." Lapis tried to catch her breath. "Somepony attacked my place. A unicorn. He used an illusion spell to knock out all of the ponies in my apartment complex. Do you know a blood red coated unicorn, black mane and tail, sickly green eyes."

"Sound like any of your coltfriends Sis?"

"Very funny Bro-Bro." Dub blew him a raspberry pulling out her pip-pad and scrolling though the tabs until she stopped. "Did the pony look like this?" She held it up to Lapis, Light and Dream walked around to get a look at the pony on the screen. On the screen was a wanted poster with the pony from before.

"Yes that's him. The colt said his name in my room, and he just showed up."

"Right. Thanks for not saying his name, this one has a very eerie ability show up whenever and wherever his name is said." Dub removed put down her pip-pad, "There is a range for it, though. And he's likely still slinking around the area. Well holiday's over everypony." Dub sighed. "Poor Glass is going to think I'm standing him up."

"Right Fluid you and Ash go get your things; Light if you want to join in to you can, but this isn't a small timer. He's the real deal."

"Heck yeah I'm in! Did you even have to ask?" She smiled. "I'm going to grab my things!" Light bolted up the stairs behind Fluid and Ash.

"I think I'll stay in the back with you two, I normally run support for Light anyways." Dream nodded.

"It's good to have you two with us." Dub floated a chair for Lapis to sit in for the couple of minutes it would take for the others. "Jet get to the hospital room, and grab as much stuff as you think we'll need, and if you can try and bring your chemicals to, I doubt Meph is using the same fear poisons as before." Jet nodded and bolted to the kitchen. "This is going to take little bit." Dub grabbed a seat on one of the plush arm chairs.

"You've dealt with this pony before?" Lapis asked.

"Every six months it seems he makes a move, he buys ponies from snatchers all the time, why no clue, but if we can't get them away from him, they're never seen again, not even in the slave camps or morgues, they just disappear." Dub sighed. "Bro-Bro you want to go get the things for us?"

"Yeah, Lapis, come on up with me, one of our benefactors sent you a gift. Don't think they know about Light yet or they would have probably sent her one too." Disc waved for Lapis to follow him up the stairs. Lapis nodded hopping out of the chair and following him up.

"Aww Bro-Bro's taking his marefriend to his bedroom," Dub said in her sing song voice as soon as the two of them got half way up the stairs.

"Mare that is friend," they answered at the same time looking back over at the giggling mare. Disc just rolled his eyes Lapis with a small blush. Dub just waved bye-bye to them grinning ear to ear. "Is she always like that?" Lapis asked following Disc Jocky past the large dance hall that took up most of the second floor.

"Ever since I met her. So before day one." He smiled. "But she's coping Meph's not a pony you deal with lightly, and besides, I'll let her have her fun. I'm going to get her back before tonight."

"I'd like to get in on that, anything you had in mind."

"I'm going to switch her soap for coat dye."

"That's terrible." Lapis whispered close enough for him to hear. "Make it white." Disc smiled and nodded. The two of them got to the third floor and headed down a long hallway, doors on either side as they went. In one room She saw Fluid Moves rushing to get dressed. His room was full of gizmos and inventions of varying kinds, and a plush bed with an arm chair and loaded bookshelf. They passed to quickly for her to see any of the titles though. At the end of the hall Disc turned left and stopped at another door. Disc's horn lit up and he walked in as the door opened. The room was fairly bare and very clean. With just a bed and a computer on a desk, an armchair, a dresser, and a nightstand, with another door off to the side. "You have a nice room."

"This is actually Dub's room, I'm grabbing her battle saddle. My rooms next door. We share the bathroom." He nodded to the door as he opened the bottom draw of Dub's dresser pulling out her battle saddle and two riffles.

"My stuff's in your room?"

"Dub dropped it off on me saying I was a good bluffer, and could earn good coltfriend points if I gave them to you saying I bought them for you." He rolled his eyes. "But yeah they're on my bed." Lapis nodded and walked through the shared bathroom, which was about the same size as her studio apartment, and lacked nothing. Even having a Jacuzzi tub.

"You know if you really wanted to earn coltfriend points you'd let me use your tub."

"You're starting to sound like Dub Step you know." Disc closed the dresser drawer.

"I'm just saying to use a tub like this I'd be her Marefriend. Have you seen what I have? It's a small shower that's it" She opened the door to his room, it was a lot more cluttered than Dub's room, but her eyes shot straight to the item resting on his bed. It was the most beautiful bow she'd ever seen. "Oh My EEEE!" She bolted toward the bed picking up the bow. "It's amazing! Absolutely amazing!" She looked it over. It was a sapphire blue bow with a black and yellow handle grip similar to her costume on the side facing the archer that would normally be covered up with a hoof was a small dark purple circle, inside which was a lighter purple mare with a sniper riffle, and the words 'Flyer Arms'.

"Sounds like you like." Disc walked into his room floating over a couple of telekinesis trigger pistols. "That or you stepped on a nail."

"I Love IT!" She held it in her hoof. "Composite, pulleys, it's got to have an range of at least four hundred meters. Eeeee. It's making me Eeee." She smiled looking it over smiling like a foal that got everything they asked for on Hearths Warming.

"I noticed." He smirked. "Now come on. Let's get back down stairs. Oh and try not to 'eeee' again, we don't want to give Dub any ideas."

"Oh Luna, I hope she didn't hear that first one."

"Fortunately the walls and doors are sound proof, or I might have gone crazy a long time ago." Disc smirked heading out of his room Lapis followed stifling a laugh as they headed back down. Fluid and Ash had changed into their power pony suits, Light was wearing a mask the only thing different from her normal close. "Here you go sis." He tossed Dub her battle saddle and two hunting riffles.

"Thanks Bro-Bro." She started saddling up. "Jet will be up in a moment with his supplies." She looked around at the assembled ponies. "Alright briefing time." Dub's tone changed to one of authority as she latched the last buckle and affixed the two riffles to her sides. "Meph, is a unicorn, while he uses illusion spells his real weapon is the smoke like gas that he uses. This is a high power fear gas any small amount won't cause more than a few audio hallucinations, a lung full though is enough to put you in a completely altered state of mind. Jet will be working on antitoxin in the field, so try not to get more than a few whiffs. We'll be doing a team system if your team mate get a small amount dosage that's more than audio hallucination pour a water bottle on their face, this will hopefully help." Dub looked around. "Disco, you and Light are a team, and both of you are on point. Ace of Flames, you're staying with Jet in the rear." Disco, Ace, and Light all nodded. "Disc, you and Sapphire will be a team, take the close flank on the left, you're magic will be a bit more useful than mine. Dream you'll be with me. We're going to be a bit further out, on the right flank of Light and Disco. Rusty you'll be coordinating everyone, use one of the mansion's sprite bots and keep it on my side. Any questions?"

"The ponies in my apartment complex will you be able to help them?"

"We'll head there first," Disc Jocky spoke up. "It will help Jet figure out what this new gas is, and we need to help those that are currently under the drugs influence." Jet walked back into the room saddle bags nearly overflowing as Disc finished his sentence. "Ready to go Jet?"

"I'm ready." The pegasus colt nodded.

"Alright let's move." Disco started out at a full gallop. Light followed at his side the two almost seeming to race each other to Lapis' apartment. They both arrived at the street after a quarter hour hard gallop. Light looked around as Disco caught his breath, the entire street was abandoned, and there was an eerie calm and quite that seemed to ooze around the area, there were even a few ponies unconscious in the street.

"I take it that this was his doing?" Light looked around. "Do you think he left?"

"I doubt it." Disco slowly started moving down the street. "Keep an eye out. At least until the second team gets here."

"Second team. Is lame flame going to be in that one?" Light and Disco jerked around behind them as the disembodied voice came from several of the alleyways behind them. "I didn't know that you had another new masked weirdo. Though at least this one isn't in tights." The voice came from the opposite end of the street. "So, Filly who're you?"

"Light," she answered with a smirk. "I'm here to kick you butt."

"You had me going there that you'd be sensible, with the reasonable close and name that isn't a joke, but no you're just as dumb as the colt standing at your side." Smoke began to pour from all of the alleyways on the street as Mephistopheles began to take shape from the twisting clouds of fear gas. "See if you smart you'd give up, I'd even let you run away." The smoke was beginning to pool around their knees.

"You talk a lot you know that Meth?" Light smiled standing up on her hind hooves twirling her arnis in one of her forehooves. Disco stood to his hind legs next to her taking the zebra stance he was trained in. "Now get over here and get your butt kicked in."

"I'm going to enjoy killing you." He glared at the two of them as he casually strolled forward. "Good-bye thorn in my side and good riddance." He giggled. The flash of the slowly setting sun off of shinning metal was all the warning Disco and Light had of the Mephistopheles' sword careening down on them. Light parried the telepathically controlled sword which spun and darted back down to them swinging madly in wide arcs, forcing the two of them to split apart. "Not so tough without your unicorns around are you mud colt?" Mephistopheles laughed with a sickeningly wide smile, as his sword seemingly possessed swished and thrusted at the Disco, who only barely managed to stay ahead of the glistening blade.

"Disco just um, keep doing that I'm going to try and take him out. He can't use magic while he's controlling his sword." Light charged him.

"Can't I mud bitch?" He smiled madly. As his horn stopped glowing, yet the possessed weapon continued it's maddened attack on Disco. "You don't get to die fast." His horn lit up again a in an instant all the gas around her swarmed up to engulf her. Light took one last deep breath of fresh air as the black burning smoke covered her. Her eyes started to burn and water. She put a hoof over her muzzle. Seconds began to feel like minutes as her world was reduced to a black smoky mist.

"Party Bash!" Disco fired off a pulse of noise blasting down the street and clearing away the smoke cloud covering Light.

"Thanks" Light threw her arnis into the sword knocking it away from him.

"Ditto." He grabbed her arnis and tossed it back to her moving back toward her, trying to keep his breathing under control.

"You look tired Disco, why don't you take a nap?" Mephistopheles' horn lit up, the gas surged forward warping around the two of them. They both took deep breaths as the gas pooled around them. "And this is how you deal with an annoy colt with a tights fetish." Mephistopheles laughed as his sword darted into the cloud. In moments Light's eyes were already burning and tearing up again. She groped around for Disco, the gas was starting to mess with her sense of space. Near by she heard a pained grunt, then another, and another. She moved to it. A second later she found Disco. Light grabbed him and pulled. Disco moved slowly slumping against her she felt something wet on his side. She heard another pained grunt as the sword flew by. Even in the painful gas her eyes went wide as what was happening clicked she threw him over her back and galloped hard. Her lungs burned. Her body began demanding that she give it air. She bolted out of the poisonous cloud. She grabbed another breath and jumped to the side doing her best to keep her and Disco above the growing smoke. Disco was breathing raggedly on her back but whether or not he'd breathed in the gas she had no idea. "Run run run mud bitch." Mephistopheles laughed from behind her as she skidded to a halt. In front of her the gas formed a wall from the road to the roof.

"Not good not good. Disco I really need my combat buddy back on his hooves." To her surprise he slide of her back getting back on shaky hooves. "Alright Disco." Light smirked getting back up on her hindhooves and taking her arnis out of her mouth and holding it in her front hoof again. "You're in trouble now Meth. Two on one."

"It's about quality mud horses, and I'm a tear above."

"Speaking of above look up." Light smiled helping Disco stay up right.

"Do you think I'm going to fall for that." He sneered at her in disgust.

"No you're to arrogant." Sapphire chided.

"What?" Mephistopheles turned looking to one of the roof tops and an arrow already flying at him. It hit the ground at his hooves blowing up at his hooves sending him into the side of one of the apartments. The wave of smoke broke like a wave. Disc's horn lit up as a shield encompassed Disco and Light. Sapphire fired another shot Mephistopheles parried it with the sword, the air erupted into a lightning storm.

"Sapphire leave Mephistopheles to me, I can handle him." Disc glared down at the raider. "Get this down to Disco, he looks like he needs a healing potion right now." Disc floated a two healing potions to the his partner as she grabbed them he floated out his pistols. Sapphire nodded flying off.

"You think you can take me!"

"No I know I can Mephistopheles, I'm not afraid of you, and I never will be." He opened fire on raider below.

"I'll fix that." Mephistopheles' attention shifted from the three power ponies to the unicorn on the roof the sword darting at him as the bullets flew through him as he became more smoke than pony. The sword bounced off a bright light blue shield.

"Gotcha." Sapphire grabbed both of them one in each hoof and flew them up to another roof top. She popped the corks off of the two bottles and gave each pony a bottle of the purple liquid. "Here you guys go, good job." Sapphire helped Disco get his potion down. "Sorry it took us so long, the others will be here in a little bit." She got back up and notched another arrow.

"Glad you made it when you did, I guess we'll call it even for when I saved you that last time." Light sighed in relief as she took a few sips from the healing potion, her eyes quickly started feeling better. She offered the rest to Disco who was gratefully took it. The wounds he took from the sword were closing very slowly as the potions did their work.

"Right." Disc started running along the roof jumping to the next concrete box as a wave of smoke washed over the apartment that he had been standing on moments before.

"What the matter?" Mephistopheles asked appearing out of the smoke. "I thought you said that you weren't afraid. So why are you running colt?"

"I'm not I'm just making you an easier target. Ace take him out!" Ace of Flames dived down on him on Disc's cue. Her wings burning with fire she broke her dive at the last second as the fire washed over Mephistopheles. Who again started to fade into smoke as the gas was burned away. Sapphire fired an arrow which turned to a large section of the smoke as well as half of Mephistopheles to ice.

"Argh." The trapped raider stallion turned glaring daggers at the bat pony who smirked and waved good bye to him. "I'll make you regret this one day squeak toy I swear by all the glorious nightmares of the wasteland you'll regret this!"

"You first. Take him out kiddos!" Disc grabbed Disco and Light in his magic and threw them across the street to the roof top Mephistopheles was now trapped on.

"Party BASH!"

"Badda Bang!" The two earth ponies screamed as they brought down their two weapons Disco's displacer hoof going of with a loud band and a crack of lightning, and Light's arnis coming down with a skull cracking bang on Mephistopheles. The raider was thrown to the edge of the building as his icy prison shattered from the displacer hoof's sonic boom. "Told you, you were going to get an ass kicking." Light smirked.

"You fucking mud ponies. Just you wait." He glared at them, his green eyes shrunk down to pin pricks and his black mane draping over his face. "I going to get you for this, you'll beg for death before I'm fucking done with you." He pushed off the edge of the building. Light, Disco, and Flame charged forward seeing a puff of black smoke slowly dissipating.

"He got away again." Disco sighed.

"Well at least we won." Light looked over Flame. "So where's Jet I thought that he was going to be staying with you?"

"He was but Dub wanted me to get over here to help and she and your brother are keeping him safe as he works on a cure." Ace of Flames landed next to them. "I think they're in the far building over there." She nodded to the furthest apartment complex on the street.

"What now?" Light asked.

"Well now it's up to the smart ponies, to figure out how to undo the damage that he did," Disco answered. "Not much to do except make sure that Jet's safe then get his cure to all the ponies that need it."


A few hours after sunset and all the ponies that had been subjected to Mephistopheles' toxic gas were awake and recovering. Disco and all of the others had headed back to the mansion, and Sapphire flew back to the roof of her own building and headed down to the top floor. She walked cautiously back into her room the colt and the filly were sound asleep on her couch, the wrapping paper for the chocolate bars were on crumbled up on the table. She sighed and smiled grabbing the thread thin blanket from her bed and draping it over the two of them before laying down on her own bed. More than happy to get some sleep before she was back off to work tomorrow.

Author's Note:

Sigh...This goal was failed. 05/09-05/16
But will work on next time...