• Published 6th Apr 2021
  • 947 Views, 19 Comments

Hiding behind a smile. - MLPonyPals



The sad truth of being the happiest pony in Ponyville.

  • ...
0
 19
 947

A talk with your other half.

Author's Note:

Just wished to notify: for those who have read this story previously, I have updated Chapter 2 to clarify and add some more context for this chapter. Also, Pinkie's other half, Pinkamena, is just a figment of her past, and th future she would have had. So no, Pinkamena is not an evil demon. Just a split personality.

"P-Pinkie Pie?" Applejack asked, concerned. They were at the main section of Sweet Apple Acres at this point, when Pinkie began to breath heavily . Please...smile and make everypony happy... Pinkie collapsed. "T-too tired.." Pinkie croaked. Smile...I'm begging you. Don't make them worry... Applejack scrambled to get Pinkie back onto her hooves, but Pinkie didn't comply, and eventually lost consciousness.

"Somepony, HELP!"


Pinkie awoke with a major headache. She had no idea how long she'd been out, but from her surrondings, she could guess she still was. She was on her family's old rock farm. Well, it was a big open field of rocks, so not quite the Pie familyrock farm, but if you add the shed, some windmills, it might as well be.

Pinkie has...been here before. Just once, and it wasn't pleasant. Not the rock farm, since it was always fun to see her family once and a while! No, this section of her mind. The last time Pinkie ever remembered setting hoof here was when she thought all her friends didn't want to be friends with her anymore and didn't like her parties. (No thanks to Spike, either.) She didn't really remember what happened to well, but from Rainbow Dash's account on her "mental state" at the time...it wasn't pretty.

"What are you dojng back here?" Pinkie spun around to see her good pal Pinkamena. Well, as good of a pal as your split personality can be to you. Which varies on how you think of them. "Well..you see..uh.." Pinkie blanked. Her secondary personality face hoofed. "You overworked yourself too hard this time, Pinkie." She said. "I know you enjoy making people happy. It's your special talent, I get it. But does that really mean you expect you can put other people happiness before yourself 24/7 and expect your mental health to stay intact?" Pinkie shuffled her hooves. Mena really did make pretty solid arguements.

Pinkamena took quick notice of how ashamed Pinkie looked and softened her tone. "Look, you're not supposed to be here. You shouldn't be here. You have a future. I don't. I'm the old memories of the life before, and what you could've been. I don't wish this on you. So please, I get it, you want people to have happy lives, and a happy future, but, make sure to lok out for yourself. Look out for your own future. And if you need help? You have friends who care about you."


Pinkie jerked up from the hospital bed in the Ponyville Hospital. AJ and Twilight were stood over her bed. They gave her soft smiles. "See? What did I tell you Applejack? She just needed a good power nap." AJ gave Twilight a small chuckle. "And ah'm glad you were. I was about to go notify the others that Pinkie Pie was in the hospital." She glanced down at Pinkie and smiled. "Glad ah didn't have to."

Pinkie smiled herself and chuckled. "Well, so, about the lack of sleep lately..."