• Published 19th Feb 2021
  • 1,470 Views, 4 Comments

Scooby-Doo: Equestria's Greatest Sleuth (The Series) - JonStill423



Scooby-Doo and the rest of Mystery Inc. come to Equestria in order to expose the monsters causing mayhem in the land.

  • ...
 4
 1,470

Episode 1: The Gateway to Mysteries P1

Author's Note:

So, this is an idea I have been throwing around with my mind for quite a while. MLP hasn’t actually had a full crossover with any known product of Hasbro, but over the years of its existence, it has had many crossovers in the fanfiction world with a few exceptions. One of those exceptions is the franchise of Scooby-Doo. There are many similarities with the shows as they all have their old incarnations and have been modernized as the years have went on, they have explored difficult issues and darker themes in previous installments, and the main cast of each franchise has striking similarities between them. What a better combination can you ask for?!

Now, I thought about doing this in a movie-type format, but that’s just not going to fly with a one-shot otherwise you’re reading a one-page story with 50,000 words, because there is a lot of content I want to put in this story. So, this instead will be a series and it will be a one-story arc rather than misadventure filler episodes. There will still be character involvement and interactions, but it will be mostly mysteries throughout the episodes leading up to the big bad villain at the end. I’ve got plenty of ideas for this so I’m inching to get started. Enjoy the show!

Episode 1: The Gateway of Mysteries Part 1

*thunder boom*
*lightning flash*
*thunder boom*
*lightning flash*

Normally, the sun would be shining high in the air and the glistening of the tall crystal castle known as The Crystal Empire would be gleaming all over Equestria. It had a shine unlike anything anypony has seen before, but alas, today would not bring that sparkle as rain droplets hit the ground fast making small puddles around the city surrounding the castle ruled by Prince Shining Armor and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, or Cadence as she prefers. A trained staff of the prince’s personal royal guard fleet stood on patrol at all times and during certain times of crises.

“You ever think we would ever get a storm again?” A royal guard asked his patrol partner as they stood on a balcony overseeing the kingdom.

The two royal guards were a silver grey and chocolate brown ponies respectively as they wore gold armor over their backs, gold bracelets around their legs, and gold helmets resembling what gladiator ponies wore back in the day with blue feathers strapped together on top of the helmet. They each held a spear keeping a watchful eye.

“It has been pretty sunny, but it’s also been too dry. It’s nice for a cool down to happen,” The silver grey pony replied.

“I instantly miss it. Nothing, but dark storm clouds for miles and the weather ponies can’t get rid of them till tomorrow,” The chocolate brown pony replied.

“At least it isn’t something evil this time,” The silver grey pony stated with a gruff chuckle.

The lighting crashed through the skies further casting flashes on the crystallized walls of the Crystal Empire as a dark shadow crept up behind both guards. It was a bulky pony dressed up in a crystallized armor suit with a white helmet over their face and black gloves over all four hooves. It got on it’s hind legs and stared down the two guards as they noticed a hulking shadow over them.

“Did it get darker all of a sudden?” The silver grey pony asked.

“Uh…I think it’s this troublemaker right here,” The chocolate brown pony replied as he tapped the shoulder of his partner as they both turned screaming.

“ARGHHHHHHH!!!!! RAWARRRRRR!!!!!” The Crystal Pony Knight screamed as both guards started dropping their spears.

The guards jumped over the balcony and realized they didn’t have anything to stand on before falling through a fruit cart all the way through the wood splattering all kinds of products on them. The hulking knight manically laughed into the night sky filled with storm clouds as it retreated back into the shadows having done it’s evil act.

(Scene Break)

A chilling wind swept through the night sky as the leaves rustled from the trees rattling inside the ever-quiet Everfree Forest. This desolate and very active area of Equestria is no place to be when nightfall hits and the moon is way up in the sky during this rainstorm. Many creatures lurk within the thick brushes as many have encountered these beasts in order to recount the tales of almost falling victim to these creatures of the darkness. The only brave soul that lives within the forest is the local sage, Zecora, who has no fear when it comes to venturing out into the wild of the forest. Sometimes, the ponies are happy to at least stay away far from the forest, but some can't seem to help themselves.

"Come on, Lyra! We shouldn't be out this late!" A female voice exclaimed as a pony with a beige coat, a pigment blue mane with a pink streak included in the fur, cerulean eyes, and an image of three little wrapped candies on her behind appeared at the edge of the forest.

The pony looked up into the trees and gulped knowing the dangers of being near this place especially being alone. Her name is Bon-Bon and she is best known for her friendship with her roommate, Lyra Heartstrings, and the antics they tend to get into from time to time. Bon-Bon has seen many evils come and go through Equestria trying to wreak havoc, but the Elements of Harmony harnessed by the Mane Six lead by Princess Twilight Sparkle of Ponyville have always stepped in to put an end to it all. However, knowing Lyra, her roommate is bound to be a hazard herself as the unicorn ran straight into the brush leading a game of chase for Bon-Bon to suffer through.

"Lyra! Come on! We can't be here right now!" Bon-Bon yelled for her friend.

"Where's your sense of adventure, Bon-Bon?! Come find me! Let's have some fun!" Lyra yelled from within the forest.

"Of all the roommates I get stuck with, I'm being a foalsitter 24/7 it seems," Bon-Bon muttered to herself slowly strolling into the forest with the use of the entrance trail.

Bon-Bon carefully watched as the darkness quickly took over and her sight was completely limited as she tried seeing any kind of clearing where the moonlight casted off of.

"Can you at least make a noise so I can find you?!" Bon-Bon yelled lifting her right hoof up to seek for her roommate.

"I guess I can give you a hint!" Lyra replied as a rock was thrown from the left side as Bon-Bon saw it hit the grass in front of her.

"Okay…backtracking then," Bon-Bon stated as she carefully entered the bushes into the much darker parts of the forest.

"This is so much fun!" Lyra called from the right as her roommate kept following the voice to look for her.

Suddenly, a tree started falling as Bon-Bon heard it jumping out of the way before it crash landed squishing some bushes underneath it. The candy pony got to her hooves checking out the fallen tree before another fell straight towards her causing her to kick it into high gear running for her life. The tree landed loudly as Bon-Bon looked back at the destruction left in the spots she once was as she shook her head.

"Lyra! What are you doing?!" Bon-Bon demanded as she was very crossed with her friend at the moment thinking she intentionally knocked those rickety trees over as a joke to scare her.

"I'm right here. I was hiding over there in the brush the whole time," Lyra stated as a mint-colored unicorn with a horn protruding from the forehead and a symbol of a golden harp on her behind appeared literally out of nowhere.

"WAAAAHHHHHHH!" Bon-Bon screamed jumping in the air high as she could before coming down scared silly shaking all around.

"Hahahahahahahahaha! I got you good, Bonny!" Lyra teased as she fell on her back laughing her head off.

"That's not funny! You seriously could've hurt me!" Bon-Bon accused as she glared at Lyra.

"So a joke can harm you now? Come on, lighten up a little," Lyra stated as she got up on her hooves again.

"You think knocking down trees is funny?" Bon-Bon asked with a jabbing hoof at the two trees down on the ground.

Lyra then frowned as she raised an eyebrow at her roommate and then looked over at the fallen trees inspecting them.

"I'm not strong enough to knock these trees over. Plus, I wouldn't do it to purposefully scare you if I can just sneak up behind you," Lyra corrected.

"That wasn't you?" Bon-Bon asked with a look of bewilderment on her face.

"It could've been old roots that just snapped," Lyra replied as she looked over the bottom of the tree the nearest towards her.

"T-T-Then that means something else is here with us!" Bon-Bon stammered as she fiddled with her front hooves.

"Well, duh, it's the Everfree Forest after all. There's loads of creepy crawlers in here, but I'm not sure what could've knocked these trees down. A whole manticore isn't even this close to the trails," Lyra explained.

Suddenly, they both hear brushes of grass being rustled and sticks coming together in a pile as two massive arms connected together by twigs started lifting up. Lyra and Bon-Bon looked behind them as their ears dropped seeing a wolf-shaped head with glowing red eyes glaring down upon them as the creature stood on two legs filled with green bush leaves up the legs and body. The top of the head is covered with leaves as well and snarls came from the creature towering over the two ponies.

"What in Equestria is that thing?!" Bon-Bon exclaimed.

"Why are you even asking that question? Let's get out of here!" Lyra screamed as she activated her magic picking up Bon-Bon with a levitation spell high-tailing it to the exit for safety.

The creature snarled roaring down at the ponies running away as Lyra quickly followed the entrance trail right back out of the forest. The wolf creature sniffed the air and started heading deeper into the dark forest pushing aside trees and snarling looking for more unsuspecting trespassers into the domain it called home.

(Scene Break)

Nightfall had come over the School of Friendship as the large prestigious school had headlights turned on at the request of a certain shy pony’s firefly friends, who flew around the place to stand guard and keep it well-lit so no intruders would ever think to enter the premises. Inside the halls were pitch black and hardly anything could be seen except for the flicker of a dragon flame onto a simple candle lit by one orange dragon named Smolder.

“It sure is creepy in the school at night,” Ocellus stated as she kept close to her friends.

“It was Sandbar’s idea to stay after school to work on our mid-term project for Ms. Rarity’s class,” Gallus interjected.

“Well, excuse me if I want to get ahead of the deadline. That research will be worth it,” Sandbar stated.

“We would be ahead if you didn’t make us read 300 books in four hours. I could be home right now hanging with the other griffons,” Gallus retorted as he glared back at his friend.

“Yona wish best friends would stop fighting,” Yona pleaded as the big yak girl followed closely behind.

“Tell me about it…these two get into arguments over the dumbest things. The deadline is two weeks from now so we may as well get a head start on research. No matter how many pages I almost ripped to shreds with my impatience,” Smolder explained as she muttered that last sentence to herself.

“It’s getting pretty hectic out there, guys. We should get home now!” Silverstream warned as thunder crackled as demonstrated when the hippogriff saw the flash outside.

“Yona not scared of thunder or dark! Yona very brave!” Yona bellowed, but the next round of thunder and lightning made her eyes go wide as she hid away.

“Silver’s right. We better make it home before the end of this storm or even before it gets worse,” Smolder stated as she started leading her friends to the front door of the closed school.

Before Smolder could pull one of the doors open with her claw hanging around the handle, a loud wailing caught the ears of all six students as they looked around looking for the source.

“Ocellus, tell me that was you…,” Gallus stated as he backed up against the door with a frightful expression.

“Is there anypony else here after hours?” Sandbar asked as he fiddled with his hooves.

“That isn’t me, guys…..,” Ocellus squealed as she hid under a frightful Yona.

The only one not afraid is Smolder as she holds her candle out seeing into the lit-up room of the main lobby not seeing anything out of the ordinary until they heard the loud wailing again. This time, it was a lot closer as they looked up seeing a spectral purple pony figure floating in the sky. The pony’s velvet mane was done up in a bun and she had glasses on along with a flowing purple dress with a silver necklace attached with a pencil medallion on the chain. She wailed louder descending on the students with a creepy look in her eyes and her hooves outstretched.

“What is scary lady?!” Yona exclaimed as she pointed out the specter.

“Let’s make a break for it before we find out!” Gallus stated as he barreled through the double doors with his friends quickly behind him.

Before the specter could leave the inside of the school, Smolder closed the door on it and the Young Six screamed all the way to the edge of the school not wanting to believe what they saw was real. A specter in the School of Friendship? That couldn’t be true? It had to all be a harmless joke, right?

(Scene Break)

The rain had soon ceased and the storm clouds had started subsiding over the town of Canterlot and the main castle. The flowing celestial blue mane of Princess Luna was spotted as she oversaw the night with her telescope putting her eye in the viewfinder and releasing her hold walking back into the kingdom. Luna paced around the halls of the kingdom worried as she had just gotten many reports of terrifying monsters appearing around Equestria and she couldn’t get her sister up knowing Celestia can be a heavy sleeper. She had gotten messages from Princess Cadence that there had been the appearance of a crystallized rouge knight stalking the empire grounds so she evacuated with Prince Shining Armor and Flurry Heart coming to Ponyville to stay for a few days. The Everfree Forest is booming with some type of paranormal activity and Twilight said she heard rumors of a specter roaming and haunting the School of Friendship very recently.

“Things just keep getting worse. What’s going on? Is it some new evil? This is so much activity at once!” Luna clambered as she scrambled through the fast approaching messages.

“Are things alright, Princess?” A royal guard by the name of Flash Sentry with a yellow coat and blue mane wearing his royal guard uniform walked into the room.

“No, things are not okay, Flash. I’m getting numerous messages that various monsters have shown up around the land of Equestria. One even forced the royal family at the Crystal Empire to abandon their home and that’s not good,” Luna explained.

“Holy hoofsteps! Are we under attack?” Flash asked.

“I’m not sure. No sightings so far from Ponyville or Canterlot so we are in the clear for now. However, I’m monitoring talks from the Crystal Empire and any other neighboring kingdoms. Hopefully, this is all an easy fix,” Luna replied.

“Monsters appearing all over Equestria? It’s not exactly anything new, but that fast to breach a kingdom is incredible,” Flash stated.

“It’s just unlike anything I’ve ever seen before. We haven’t had multiple attacks and sightings everywhere before so we are a little underprepared. The royal guard is already on high alert,” Luna added.

“What else can we do?” Flash asked.

“I don’t want to run the risk of waking my sister and her having a panic attack. I’ll need to handle this strategically and quickly. Oh, what can help us? What can we do?” Luna asked as she put a hoof to her head and started thinking.

“Um….maybe Princess Twilight and her friends can help. They can get the Elements of Harmony and put these monsters in their place,” Flash suggested.

“We don’t know that, though. These monsters are unknown to us and unless we have more answers on how powerful they can be, we are stuck without the Elements. I don’t want to take the chance of losing them by making a reckless decision,” Luna explained.

Luna walked away from Flash as she went behind a blue curtain with her cutie mark symbol of the white crescent moon on the front. Flash followed her as he lifted the curtain to see a mostly pitch black room with the only glow being that of Luna’s celestial mane. The Princess of the Night came up to a glowing crystal ball sat upon a small table with a dark blue cloth over it.

“Whoa! You have your own crystal ball?” Flash asked as he walked to the other side of the table.

“Something I used when my sister banished me to the moon. I used it to keep tabs on what happened in Equestria to plan for my revenge as Nightmare Moon,” Luna explained as she started putting her hooves on the ball.

“Have you used it since?” Flash asked.

“Only on rare occasions. It only served one purpose, but maybe it can serve another by giving us an answer to our current predicament,” Luna replied.

Luna rubbed the crystal ball focusing hard on what she wanted to see and images started appearing as she backed away seeing what the ball would give her. Flash leaned in squinting his eyes trying to see what the princess was seeing. Images appeared of a team of teenagers from another world as Luna and Flash gasped at the sight of seeing humans. Further images showed some creepy creatures chasing after them like a black suit of armor moving on it’s own, a glowing deep sea diver, two freaky looking green phantoms, a giant snow creature, a ghost of a man continually saying “Creeper”, a well-dressed headless specter, a phantom puppeteer, a man with a metal mask riding two seas creatures, a monster completely made out of black tar with only one green eye, a monster completely charged up with volts of electricity, and plenty of other frights.

“What the hay?! What’s going on here?” Flash asked with a widened expression.

“Hang on-there’s more to it!” Luna warned.

These images showed these human teens taking the masks off every single villain they managed to capture and they all turned out to be normal humans themselves using these monster disguises to further their own interests.

“Those monsters are just fakes?” Flash asked as he rubbed his temples literally confused about what he just saw.

“These humans apparently solve mysteries based on what monster is ravaging through the entire area. It turns out to be common criminals under the disguises,” Luna explained.

“But what does that mean for our situation? Can they help? There aren’t any known humans that have been to Equestria yet,” Flash stated.

Luna pondered over that thought tapping her chin and looking more at what the crystal ball offered her in answers. She stood up stretching her wings and looked at Flash Sentry.

“Return to your post at once. I have business to handle on my own,” Luna ordered.

Flash nodded and retreated out of the special room as Luna made her horn glow closing her eyes and trying her best to focus. Maybe these humans could help their emergency at once and there was only one way she knew to contact them for help.

(Scene Break)

“Another day wasted on being bait for the gang. You think they take the initiative just one time to have the ghouls and ghosts chase them for once,” Shaggy complained as he opened his bedroom door wearing a olive green t-shirt, maroon red pants, and black shoes.

Walking next to him is his pet, a brown black-spotted Great Dane dog wearing a teal blue color with a dog medallion with ‘SD’ on it in yellow lettering, and Scooby started coming over to a brown dog bed laid in the corner of the room starting to settle in.

“At least I can get a midnight snack before bed time. Some ravioli salami sandwiches sound pretty good right now,” Shaggy stated as he smiled at his pal, Scooby-Doo.

“Reah, reah!” Scooby exclaimed as he nodded in agreement.

“I’ll be right back. I’ll bring the sandwiches along with some seasonal mustard and extra cheese. Everything needs a little appetizer,” Shaggy stated as he left down the stairs towards his kitchen.

Scooby yawned as he laid his head down hopefully getting a few Z’s knowing his owner took a little bit to make the ingredients needed for the sandwiches. He started snoring and drifting further into dreamland hoping his recurring dream of dog bones would come back. However, Scooby woke up and sitting at attention as he found himself in some mystical purple realm which put him on instant high alert.

“Raggy? Rhere am I?” Scooby asked to no one in particular as he made rapid head movements hoping to find some source of help.

However, he looked in front of him seeing a blue outline of something walking towards him and the footsteps grew closer which made the Great Dane stand on edge. A flowing mane could be made out as it swished in and out with the background of the dream environment. Scooby’s legs started shaking and his teeth started clattering as he did not know what was coming nor did he really want any part of it. Scooby’s eyes darted open as he found himself searching the room for the mysterious figure. Shaggy came up with two sandwiches with ravioli, salami, and cheese wrapped between the slices of bread doused in seasonal mustard.

“Whoa, Scoob, you look like you saw a ghost,” Shaggy stated as he sat on the floor with his best buddy.

Scooby whimpered a little and crawled into the lap of Shaggy shaking from the dream as his owner started petting his back to calm his nerves. Scooby eventually subsided his fears and ate his sandwich with his buddy moaning in delight at the taste of the sandwiches that Shaggy made. As they both finished their plates, they sat back sighing back to back as they looked up at the ceiling with satisfied smiles.

“A life with those kind of sandwiches is a life worth living,” Shaggy stated.

“Reah…,” Scooby added with a nod.

Both boys fell asleep about 30 minutes later on the floor soaking in most of the delight from those sandwiches they had. Scooby curled up on his dog bed while Shaggy just put a simple pillow over his face and placed his hands over his stomach snoring soundly. Just then, Scooby awoke again in the mystical realm from which he awakened in the first place. He saw the outline of misty feet as he looked up seeing the previous outline he saw before seeing the outline of a head look down at him as he jumped up screaming his head off covering it with his paws and closing his eyes whimpering.

“Fear not, furry friend. I shall not harm you…” A distant voice escaped the outline.

“Rou won’t?” Scooby asked as he peered one eye at the misty figure.

“It is not my intention to harm you or your friend…me and my subjects are in grave danger. Our land is…being plagued….by villainous monsters,” The figure continued as Scooby got on all fours.

“Ronsters? Rhy?” Scooby asked as he hunched back a bit from the mention of his least favorite topic.

“That remains a mystery to me…however, I’ve observed that you and your friends are quite fond of peculiar mysteries. Perhaps you can all assist in our affairs,” The misty figure suggested.

“Ah, my head is killing me!” Shaggy complained as he appeared behind Scooby stroking his aching head.

“Raggy!” Scooby exclaimed as he turned around hugging his human owner and he licked the face of his favorite pal.

“Hehehehehe…nice to see you, old pal. Who were you talking to?” Shaggy asked as he looked around his dog’s surroundings.

Scooby pointed to the misty figure as the human trembled at the sight of the outline and thought it was another ghost, but Scooby walked back up to it no problem like it was his new best friend.

“Scooby?! What are you doing?! That’s a ghost!” Shaggy declared as he pointed at the figure.

“You must be Shaggy. It’s a pleasure to meet your acquaintance. I’m not a ghost, my magic is just providing a rather troublesome connection to your dream state. I’m Princess Luna, one of the princesses of a land known as Equestria. We are currently under trouble and are in need of help,” Princess Luna replied.

“Uh…so you’re a friendly ghost?” Shaggy asked.

If that is what my form looks to you, then yes. Please! I don’t know who else to turn to in this time of crisis,” Princess Luna replied with an outstretched pose like one would make if they were worried.

“What do you think, Scoob? Could this be some bad dream?” Shaggy asked.

Scooby just shrugged his shoulders indicating no answer on the top of his mind as Shaggy stroked his chin in deep thought.

“Well, if this is all a dream, pinching myself would wake me up. However, I know better than to write it off as that knowing our luck. Preferably, me and Scooby would want nothing to do with monster-related antics, but Fred, Velma, and Daphne would want to help no matter how skeptical everything would be. Plus, we can’t just leave your world in danger if it truly needs help. Like, I guess we’re in,” Shaggy decided.

So it’s a yes? Thank you very much! I’ll have to cast a quick trans-dimensional spell to bring you both here. There’s not a moment too soon to lose,” Princess Luna stated as both boys saw a blue aura surrounding the head of the figure.

“Like, I hope this doesn’t hurt. Please be a dream…please be a dream…please be a dream…,” Shaggy muttered as he hugged Scooby real tight.

A wind cyclone started opening up as dark blue wind covered Shaggy and Scooby’s cone of vision as they started being lifted from the ground screaming for their lives. They started spinning rapidly hanging on for dear life and covering each other’s eyes hoping it would all be over soon.

“Argh! Jinkies! Wah! Agh!” Screams could be heard all around them as both boys opened their eyes finding three people suddenly joining their sides.

One is a female with short red hair, glasses, an orange dress-like shirt, red miniskirt, and black-strapped shoes over large orange socks while the one flying next to her is a taller red-haired female wearing a purple shirt with a green ascot tied around the neck. She has a purple headband on the top of her head and wore hot pink stockings with purple shoes covering her feet. The last person is a man with bleach-blonde hair wearing a white shirt with a blue collar tied with an orange ascot around it. He wore blue jeans and brown shoes as the Mystery Inc. gang was finally together once more.

“What the heck is happening?” Fred asked as he felt like he could hurl at any moment.

“Some misty figure joined me in my sleep! Then, I’m shifted into here!” Daphne added.

“Oh, I can’t lose my glasses!” Velma screamed as she kept ahold of her glasses on her face.

“Like, guys, where are we going?!” Shaggy screamed.

“I’m not sure! We just had some…weird figure visit us supposedly in our dreams!” Fred answered.

“Not how I expected my beauty sleep to go. My hair is gonna be a mess after this!” Daphne exclaimed.

“You better hang on tight then! We’re about to come out the other end!” Velma stated as she pointed towards the white light at the end of the cyclone.

Mystery Inc. screamed as they covered their eyes falling straight through the portal and hoping that this would have all been some terrible nightmare they experienced. However, they knew better than to write off something as creepy and cooky unless is was undeniably a fraud. Wherever land this lead them to, they weren’t sure what they were heading into. Time to find out.

(Scene Break)

“Argh! Ugh! Oof! Rah!” came the noises of the Mystery Inc. gang dog piling on top of one another as the blades of grass below them brushed against their skin as they all groaned from the pain. The stack order was Fred, Daphne, Shaggy, Velma, and Scooby as they each got off one another feeling around their bodies and shaking their heads of the cobwebs. They opened their eyes trying to restore the visuals to their orbitals and they saw the large rows of trees that lined up, but the darkness was also apparent with the stars above them and they shook off their aches getting up.

“That wasn’t a pleasure trip,” Daphne stated as she had to keep still instead of falling forward.

“Like, we can feel those sandwiches coming right back up,” Shaggy added as he felt his stomach churn.

“Where are we? Looks like some kind of forest,” Fred observed as he stroked his chin seeing all those around him.

“So this isn’t a dream? I swear we were all in bed a few minutes ago,” Shaggy replied as he stayed near Scooby, who shook his whole body at the creepiness of the forest.

“This is all just a mismatch of logic. So much is happening at once and we aren’t sure what could be real or fake,” Velma stated.

“Not to mention, it’s really creepy out here. Nothing new, I guess,” Daphne added.

“I guess this is another mystery for us to solve, gang. We might want to explore every inch of this forest to truly find out it’s origin story,” Fred explained.

“Are we sure it’s a good idea going around a spooky forest at night? Me and Scoob volunteer to wait right here until you all find an exit,” Shaggy declared.

“R’m staying too,” Scooby added.

“Staying in this forest is very dangerous. No telling what spooks could be lurking just beyond those tree lines. You’re risking a lot not following us,” Velma explained as she used her usual taunting tactics to gear the boys in her favor.

“We’re willing to risk it. We’ll run and hide like we always do,” Shaggy retorted as he crossed his arms in defiance.

“Let them stay. They’ll be behind us in a few seconds after we’re out of view,” Fred stated as he started his walk into the forest down a trail he saw while the girls followed behind him.

Shaggy sat down in the grass as Scooby started sniffing around the area hoping to find some kind of exit for himself and Shaggy or maybe some food to calm his nerves. He dug through some bushes and stumbled upon a few branches scattered together as his inner dog instincts began kicking in so he started chewing trying to bring the stick with him, but he found the branch wouldn’t budge. Scooby wagged his tail trying to think of a way to get the branch to loosen so he dug his paws into the dirt trying to pull at the branch with his teeth hard, but Scooby found himself launched onto his back as he couldn’t pry the stick loose. However, the branches started to move then as Scooby stared in shock looking up at the huge Timber Wolf monster rising. The monster’s head and red eyes locked onto Scooby as the dog screamed booking it back to Shaggy while the roar followed.

“ZONIKS! Like, what was that?” Shaggy asked as he got back to his feet after hearing the roar.

“Run! Run! Ronster!” Scooby yelled as he immediately dashed past his owner leaving Shaggy to see the large monster stomping towards them.

That was all the motivation needed for Shaggy to book it himself as he followed after his dog while trees fell down at the slight movement of the Timber Wolf’s steps. More roars bellowed from the beast as his domain in the Everfree Forest was disturbed and it was something that wouldn’t easily be forgiven. This was another mystery alright.

To Be Continued…