• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 19,201 Views, 478 Comments

Silent Ponyville 2 - SamRose



Fluttershy has been having horrible nightmares and goes to see Twilight for help.

  • ...
24
 478
 19,201

Ending: That's Just How It Is

Ending: That’s Just How It Is

Unlock Condition: Don’t view all the memories, but encounter Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash in the Otherworld.





Fluttershy took a deep breath as she stared at the dark creature before her. The presence of the creature no longer crushed her, she could stand before it fine, but the being still sent a chill down her spine.

However, she had already decided, she had to do what was needed of her.

Fluttershy slowly walked towards the dark creature, it staring at her as if in odd curiosity.

“Father…I…know that…a lot has happened…between us…” Fluttershy hesitated slowly, drawing nearer, “But…everything that has happened is behind us now. I’ve…moved on with my life. I’ve gained friends I care about deeply, I live happily in a house I own, I found love…” Fluttershy smiled softly. The dark creature didn’t move as Fluttershy drew closer, now right before the creature.

“And…I guess I wouldn’t have found all that if it hadn’t been for you.” She looked up at the dark creature with a smile, “You’re a part of my life…and I have to accept that.”

The dark creature only seemed to glare, its red eyes glowing as it stared into her soul. The silence filled the air between them, as the white mouth slowly formed into a grin.

The creature’s mouth opened wide, the sickly grin spreading across its face. Fluttershy could only smile as she saw the creature rear its head up. She closed her eye as the dark creature brought its mouth down.

The rush of darkness came crashing down, engulfing everything she could understand. There wasn’t pain, but a disorientating confusion. She felt her body churn and sway, as if being dragged along by a current in the water, though she could still breathe. She tumbled and rolled through the waving darkness all around her, before something snapped.

With a thud, she found herself back in reality.

“Ugnnn…” Fluttershy moaned softly rubbing her head. For some reason she was now laying on the ground. She slowly picked herself up, opening her eyes. Twilight stood before her, rubbing her forehead as well.

“Ugh…is every pony okay?” Twilight ask, opening her eyes to look at her friends.

“I feel…fine actually…” Fluttershy said a little surprised. She reached around her body, trying to feel the parts of her that would be bandaged, but the bandages were gone and her injuries were healed.

‘…They must’ve only existed in that place…’ Fluttershy thought to herself as she carefully placed a hoof against her face.

“…Yea…I’m…okay…” Pinkie’s voice said next, though it wasn’t her usual happy-go-lucky voice. Fluttershy turned her head and saw Pinkie’s hair was straight still, she was looking at the ground with sorrow, “But…everypony made it out alright, didn’t they?” Pinkie lifted her head to look at Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash.

“…Yea…” Was the only thing Rainbow Dash said before standing up. She turned towards the door and walked straight for it.

“Hey, Rainbow Dash, where are you going?” Twilight asked, blinking confused.

“…I’m…going for a walk…” was all Dash said, before opening the door and walking out of it.

“Hey…Dash, wait, we need to talk…” Fluttershy said standing up and quickly following after Dash out the door.

Twilight blinked in confusion as she watched two of her friends leave.

“Pinkie…what exactly happened?”

Pinkie let out a soft sigh as she looked up at Twilight seriously, “Twilight…you have to promise me something…”

“…What is it?” Twilight asked confused.

“Promise me you’ll never, EVER use that spell again. No matter the circumstances.”





Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash walked silently through the town of Ponyville. They didn’t say anything, the silence would’ve been deafening if not for the sounds of Ponyville going through its normal day around them. Dash was leading them towards her cloud home slowly.

The two of them walked for what seemed like ages, before Dash finally stopped just outside of Ponyville on the road to her home. Fluttershy stopped as well, looking at Dash with concern.

“Fluttershy…” Rainbow Dash finally spoke up, as if she had been thinking this whole time, “I think…it’s best if…we stopped dating…”

Fluttershy felt the jab to her heart she had known was coming.

“…Because…you’re going to try out for the Wonderbolts in two months…right?” Fluttershy responded weakly.

“Well…more than just that…” Rainbow replied, “I don’t think we’re right for each other…and I’m certainly not deserving of love.”

“But…” Fluttershy spoke, trying to think of a good rebuttal to Rainbow Dash, but any words that would’ve been the right ones to say got stuck in her throat. She couldn’t bring herself to say anything.

Fluttershy lowered her head a little, tears beginning to burn at the edges of her eyes. She knew this was going to happen, yet it still hurt more than she thought it would.

“But…we’ll still…be friends…right?” Fluttershy managed to choke out finally.

“…I suppose we will be…for as long as I still have my friends here.” Rainbow Dash muttered softly.

“Dash…we…” Fluttershy lifted her head up, “We won’t stop being your friends just because you leave us for a while.” Fluttershy let her heart talk now, “We’ll do our best to go to see you perform when you’re nearby, we’ll want to visit you when you’re on break…we’ll be your friends Dash, no matter what happens.”

Dash was silent for a moment, not sure what to think or to say to Fluttershy’s words.

“…You’d want to be friends with somepony who abandons the ponies she cares about?” It was Rainbow’s turn to have her voice crack.

“You don’t abandon your friends Dash. No matter how it may seem that you do, when it comes down to it you help your friends. When they need you, you’re there for them. Nopony can be perfect all the time, loyalty isn’t about NOT needing times to yourself…it’s about being there when your friends need you.” Fluttershy wasn’t sure how she was able to say all of this, but every word felt true.

“…I suppose.” Rainbow Dash shook her head lightly, “But…even if that’s true…I…I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life…and…and I need time to myself to think about everything.” Rainbow said as she spread her wings.

“…I understand…” Fluttershy smiled, holding back the tears at her eyes, “Just know…I’ll always be here for you Dash.”

“…Thank you.” Was all Dash could say, before flying up to her cloud home. Fluttershy waited a few minutes after hearing Rainbow close her door, before lying down on the dirt road as she began to cry.

They’d always be friends…but the pony she had loved for all of her life…no longer wanted to love her the same way back.