• Published 26th Dec 2020
  • 701 Views, 47 Comments

A Draconic Meeting - Mystic Sunrise



Pearl and Twilight do something very few ponies have ever done. Meet Tiamat face to face.

  • ...
39
 47
 701

News Back Home

“Come on Kohaku, what's the news already? We've been waiting here for almost an hour now,” Starlight huffed as she paced back and forth in Twilight’s office. She had watched as Kohaku slipped himself up into her seat after telling them that he had news for everypony. All of the mane six were there as well as his fellow CMC’s.

“I’m just waiting till everypony is here. I don’t want to give this message twice.” Kohaku sat there, leaning back in the large comfy chair. His hind paws rested up on his mentor’s desk.

“Alright, we’re here.” A flash of light emanated from the center of the room as Celestia and Luna appeared.

“What is so important that I had to be woken up mid-day?” Luna yawned, still wearing her nightcap.

“Sorry Woona,” Kohaku chuckled as he watched Luna blush a little at the name. “But I thought you two wanted to know that Twilight and Pearl are safe.”

The whole room suddenly erupted in excited chatter, everypony asking questions and speaking all at once until Celestia cast a silence spell.

“Enough,” the ruler of Equestria smiled and looked at her student’s student. “Okay Kohaku, please explain. How do you know about this.”

“Well, it’s like this.” Kohaku went on to explain how he had sent a doppelganger of himself with Pearl and Twilight. He caught a flash of annoyance from the two princesses when he mentioned what he had done to Castle Black. But he did see Luna nod in approval slightly. Improving the outlook of such a dreary place was always welcome in her view.

“I found out last night things were okay when my golem was killed. I nearly jumped off the sofa when I felt a fist ram through my chest, not my best feeling moment. Although I did enjoy that better than the films I was watching.” Kohaku smirked as Sweetie Belle huffed a little, but nuzzled close to him.

“And after everyone fell asleep I got a message on this.” Kohaku lifted up a pendant in the shape of Twilight’s cutie Mark. “It's connected to a broach I made using the same techniques. It allows for two-way communication regardless of how far away you are from somepony.” Tossing the Star pendant to Starlight Kohaku stretched. “And I talked to them both last night. They made it to the Dragon Queen’s lair and will be meeting with her today. And I said I would leave it with you Starlight. To keep in regular contact.”

“Thank you. So this is why you were researching communication spells.” Starlight watched as Kohaku nodded. “Why didn’t you just tell me that when you had me cast the enchantment you wrote.”

“I did not want to give anyone false hope.” Kohaku looked off to the side. Fluttershy and Applejack nodded to each other. “I mean why raise your hopes only to have them dashed.”

“Well, regardless I thank you.” Celestia smiled and nodded to Kohaku who only looked away from her. With understanding, she stepped away. “Now that we know Twilight and young Pearl are safe, we should prepare for when they will be returning. Whenever that might be."

“Agreed sister. And Kohaku, I will make sure the guards at the garrison never remove that garden you made. I thank you for raising their spirits. It pains me to have them suffer so much.” Luna placed her hoof on Kohaku’s shoulder. Much to Celestia’s annoyance Kohaku acknowledged Luna’s touch.

Kohaku nodded and hugged Luna for a moment and then got up and stood next to his girlfriend. “Well, that’s all I wanted to say. We still on for that game tonight Woona?”

“I would not miss it for the world. Till tonight.” Kohaku grinned and with a tail wrapped around Sweetie Belle’s the pair walked out of the castle to enjoy the day.

***

“Still can’t believe Discord took Twilight’s magic,” Rainbow grumbled after a time. “She ain’t gonna be happy about that.”

“It was for her own good, I’m sure,” Fluttershy said, giving her friend a pointed look. One that Rainbow ignored with a huff.

Celestia nodded. “It is indeed well that he did. The Guardian was feeding off of both Pearl and Kohaku’s own. It is why it looked as it did.”

Applejack rolled her eyes. “I still think we coulda whipped it good.”

Luna shook her head. “Nay, Applejack. You could not. Fight it, yes, and perhaps to last sometime in fighting it. But winning is another thing. Sister and I barely beat it, and it did not look as it did now. Remember Kohaku said his golem faced it and paid the ultimate price just in the effort to seal it away. And he was fueled by chaos magic.”

Applejack just looked away gritting her teeth.

Celestia nodded. “It adapts to whatever and whoever it faces. The barrier between our world and Chaos is all but non-existent there. It allows the most powerful Neverborn to push through with ease.”

“How can such a place even exist?” Starlight asked. It reminded her far too much of the Ashlands Timeline she, Twilight, and Spike had seen.

Celestia and Luna shared a look. “We do not know. No power we know created it, and Discord refuses to even speak of it. We suspect it even predates his existence,” Celestia said. She shivered at some long-ago memory. “I still see the mountains of madness, the burning trees, and the things that slithered between them in my nightmares. I see nature and the world defiled and broken in a way that nothing can and will ever heal.”

Luna shivered, suppressing the same memories of those things. “Pray that you never see what we have. Twilight Sparkle, Pearl Rose, and Kohaku will carry those images to the day they die. And there is little I can do to help them.”

Celestia nodded. “There is a reason why the ponies who come back from their time as Rangers very rarely talk about what they have seen. The few who have seen the Scar itself and lived to tell of it carry those scars to the day they die. I and Luna included.”

“Ya look fine to me,” Applejack said.

Celestia shook her head. “Not all scars are physical, Applejack. No amount of time and magic can change that. Not for this.”

Luna nodded, as she turned to go. “If I am not needed anymore, I will return to my slumber. If I can. This has reawakened too many memories that I had hoped buried and forgotten long ago. Apparently not.”

Celestia nodded, as she turned to go as well. “And I as well. I am beyond relieved that Twilight and Pearl are safe. But now there is nothing we can do for them. More so than when they left Ponyville. I trust Kohaku when he says that they will be fine, though I wish I knew what he has done to ensure it.”

That was something that they could all agree on.