• Published 15th Sep 2012
  • 1,348 Views, 6 Comments

The Team Raucous Trio - Matthais Unidostres



Prepare for trouble Mane Six, because the Team Raucous Trio is up to no good.

  • ...
7
 6
 1,348

Chapter 2: Operation C.H.A.N.G.E.L.I.N.G.: Capturing Highly Amazing New Grand Energetic Life-from Is Necessary Gain

Chapter 2: Operation C.H.A.N.G.E.L.I.N.G.:
Capturing Highly Amazing New Grand Energetic Life-from Is Necessary Gain

The Team Raucous Trio, dressed in their black cloaks again, hid within the trees of the Everfree Forest's edge, in close proximity to the outskirts of Ponyville. Gilda held a computerized tablet, which had a rotating miniature satellite dish attached to it. The tablet's screen showed a map of the surrounding area to a 20 mile radius.

"The scanners are picking up the Changeling's energy output," Gilda remarked.

Trixie smiled, "Indeed, just as was predicted. As the Changeling takes in love, it puts out a steady stream of 'waste energy' that's nearly undetectable. However, our specialized instruments are able to easily pick it up."

Garble folded his arms, "Well, now that we know where it is, let's go get it. If Team Raucous can find the secret to the Changeling's shape shifting powers, and copy it for our own gain, then it will only be a matter of time before Team Raucous infiltrates Canterlot and takes down those two Namby Pamby pony Princesses!"


Twilight, Spike, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash all headed towards Fluttershy's cottage.

"Are you sure Fluttershy didn't give any hints at all?" Spike asked.

Dash shook her head, "Nope. She just said that everyone should come to her place, cause she has something she wants to show us."

"But you said she seemed nervous," Twilight said.

"Yeah, I know, more nervous than usual," Dash remarked.

"Ooh! The suspense is killing me! Come on!" Pinkie Pie said excitedly, and she quickly zipped up to Fluttershy's door and knocked rapidly.

Fluttershy opened the door and looked around nervously, "Oh, um, good. Come in. Quickly. . ."

Everypony, and dragon, entered the cottage. Fluttershy quickly locked the door.

"What's got you so riled up Sugarcube?" Applejack asked in a concerned tone.

Fluttershy looked at all of her friends, and gave a sigh. "Well, I'll show you." She then fluttered over to where a white bunny was sound asleep on some pillows.

"Is. . .something the matter with Angel?" Twilight asked softly, fearing the worst.

Suddenly, Angel Bunny hopped into the room, and held up a cook book to Fluttershy's face. He pointed to a picture of a fancy looking carrot cake.

Fluttershy sighed, "No Angel. Eating cake all the time isn't healthy."

Angel was about to throw the book at Fluttershy's head, when the yellow pegasus gave him The Stare, freezing him in his tracks. The bunny gently placed the book down, and slowly hopped out of the room.

"Hang on," Twilight said, "If Angel's there, then who-?"

Everypony stared at the snoozing bunny in the middle of the room.

Fluttershy gently nudged the bunny in the side, causing him to wake up. The bunny looked around, and stared at the six new comers with wide eyes.

Fluttershy gently stroked the bunny and said, "It's okay. They're friends and. . .well. . .I need you to show them who you really are."

The bunny's eyes widened even further.

"It's okay," Fluttershy gently coaxed with a smile, "Go on."

The bunny gulped, and closed it's eyes. It then began to tremble violently. It also started glowing bright green. The was a flash of green light, and in an instant, in place of the Angel Bunny look alike was a small Changeling, only a little bigger than a foal.

Rarity jumped behind Applejack and said, "Fluttershy, darling, are you out of your mind?"

"Where did you even get that thing!?" Rainbow Dash demanded, keeping her distance from the Changeling.

Fluttershy bowed her head in shame and said, "I found it on the edge of the Everfree Forest. He looked so lost and alone and deserted. I couldn't just leave him there. I thought that if I just gave him a little love, he wouldn't bother anyone. But I just couldn't keep it a secret any more. I hoped you would understand. Please don't be mad at me!"

The friends all exchanged glances.

"Well," Twilight said, "It's only a juvenile, and there's only one, so I don't think it could be dangerous."

"Awww! I think he's cute!" Pinkie Pie said, getting in close to tickle the Changeling under its chin.

"Well, ah wouldn't go that far, Pinkie," Applejack chuckled.

"Just keep it away from me!" Rarity said as, trying to stop herself from shrieking.

Rainbow Dash flew close to to the Changeling's face and said, "Listen, buster! Don't you dare go trying anything, or Rainbow Dash is gonna buck you right back into Tartarus or wherever you came from! You got that?"

The Changeling stared up into Rainbow Dash's red eyes with is own green ones. It shakily got up on its hooves, leaned up closer, and licked Dash on the nose.

"Awwwwww!" everypony said, with the exception of Spike and, of course, Rainbow Dash, who had quickly zoomed off in the direction of Fluttershy's bathroom.

"Yuck! Gross! Gah! Nasty! Eww!" Dash shouted in disgust.

"So, Fluttershy, was there any particular reason you decided to tell us?" Twilight said.

Fluttershy nodded, "Well, yes, there was. You see, um, I really don't know much about Changelings, except that they feed on love, but I was worried that he might need other things, or what to do if he goes missing or misses his family. I'm just so worried that something might go wrong."

Crash!

A metal claw smashed through a window, grabbed the Changeling, and shot back out.

"Oh no! Come back!" Fluttershy shouted.

Rainbow Dash flew back into the room, "What happened! What was that noise!"

"Somepony kidnapped the Changeling! Come on!" Pinkie Pie shouted, and she jumped through the broken window.

Everypony else decided that since time was of the essence, they should follow Pinkie's example, so they too dived through the window. Once outside, they could see a black, metal cart with a cage in it. Inside the cage was the Changeling, who was now crying hard and trembling with fear. Also in the cart were three figures in black cloaks.

"Who the hay are you?" Applejack demanded.

"You better prepare for trouble!" the male figure on the right said.

"I suggest you make that double!" the female figure on the left said.

"To protect the world from devastation."

"To unite all creatures within our nation."

"To denounce the evils of truth and love."

"To extend our reach to the stars above."

The figures revealed themselves, casting aside their cloaks.

"Garble!"

"Trixie!"

"Team Raucous blasts off at the speed of light!" Garble shouted.

"Surrender now or prepare to fight, fight, fight!" Trixie exclaimed.

"And Gilda too! That's right!" the griffoness said as she threw off her cloak.

"Gilda?" Dash gasped.

"Trixie?" Rarity gasped.

"D-d-d-dragon?" Fluttershy gasped.

"Team Raucous? What the hay is that?" Applejack said in confusion.

Twilight decided to explain, "They're an evil gang of criminals who go around stealing rare magical creatures that they plan to use to take over Equestria!"

"What?" everypony but Spike and Twilight shouted.

However, Pinkie gasped and chuckled, "Whoops! I didn't have to say 'what'! I already knew!"

"Wait, how do you know about this?" Applejack asked Twilight.

"On the night of the concert, they tried to steal Spike, but we beat them. And then there was so much going on during the concert that we forgot all about it," Twilight explained.

"Well, you ain't gonna beat us this time!" Garble said, and the cart began moving backwards, away from the cottage and into the Everfree Forest.

"Gilda! Wait! Stop!" Dash shouted desperately as she flew after the cart.

Gilda snarled and flew out to meet Dash. . .with a punch in the stomach and a slap to the face. Dash went down quickly, but what Gilda didn't count on was an angry Applejack jumping up and tackling her to the ground.

Meanwhile, Twilight teleported onto the cart and tackled Trixie off of it. The two unicorns rolled around on the ground as Pinkie Pie and Spike nervously watched carefully to see if they could find an opening in the fray. Rarity could only watch in horror from the distance.

Garble dug his claws into the side of the cart. "Darn it! Do I have to go on without them?"

Suddenly, Fluttershy flew down and hovered right in front of him. Garble was about to spit out a ball of fire, when he was stopped cold by Fluttershy's legendary Stare.

"Listen you big spiky, red, bully!" Fluttershy said angrily, "You have no right to kidnap and innocent little child like this! you ought to be ashamed of yourself! Now, I demand that you let him go right now!"

Garble was no match for the Stare. He made his way over to the cage and unlocked it, all while in a trance-like state. The Changeling jumped out of the cage and right into Fluttershy's hooves. Fluttershy smiled and hugged the little Changeling tight. Unfortunately, none of them noticed that the now fast moving cart was headed straight for a large tree until it was too late.

Wham!

Garble snapped out of the trance at the last second and quickly took flight, avoiding getting caught in the crash. "Abort mission!" he shouted.

Gilda kicked Applejack off of her and took to the skies.

Trixie blasted Twilight off of her with her magic, changed her cloak to wings, and flew off as well.

The three villains took off and disappeared into the distance.

Applejack went over to Rainbow Dash, who was still a little disoriented from Gilda's attack. "Rainbow! Are ya okay?" she asked nervously.

Rainbow Dash got up and rubbed her stomach where Gilda had punched her, "Yeah, I'll be fine. But. . .Gilda. . .I can't believe it . . ." she said softly.

Applejack put a hoof over Dash's shoulder, "I know, Rainbow. But, we just have to face it. Gilda is just too darn selfish and mean spirited to do any good. All we can do is try our best to stop her."

Dash looked down sighed, "You're right." She then looked up ad became very determined, "And you know what? I'm gonna make her pay for this, and lock her up in a dungeon personally! And Trixie and that dumb dragon too!"

Rarity quickly ran past them yelling, "What are you all standing here for! Fluttershy was in that cart, and it crashed! Come on!"

Everyone quickly followed after to where Fluttershy lay on the ground, looking a dazed from the crash.

"Fluttershy! Are you okay? Speak to me!" Rarity shouted frantically, gently slapping Fluttershy on the cheek.

Fluttershy whimpered a bit and said, "Wh- where's the little Changeling?" Fluttershy then slipped out of Rarity grip and began looking through the surrounding bushes.

Satisfied that their friend was okay, the group decided to aid Fluttershy in the search for the young creature. They found nothing after a few minutes, but then Spike called out, "Wow! Come here, quick!"

Everypony ran towards Spike's voice, and what they saw amazed them.

There was the young Changeling, being hugged and caressed by two adult Changelings, apparently male and female.

"Wow. . ." Twilight gasped.

The adult Changelings saw the group and hissed at them, but then the child made a series of buzzing noises at the adults. The three creatures exchanged a few glances and noises, and then they all turned towards the group, apparently smiling at them. The young Changeling then scampered up to the group. The seven of them all stayed still as the child rubbed against their legs affectionately one by one.

The child stopped when he got to Fluttershy. Fluttershy lowered her head down to the Changeling. "Well, I guess this is. . .goodbye. . ." Fluttershy then planted a kiss on the creature forehead. It responded by licking the pegasus on the cheek. Fluttershy smiled and blinked back the tears, "I'll. . .never forget you little one. . ."

The child nodded, and then turned and ran back to its parents. The adults took the child under their wings, and the reunited family disappeared into the Everfree Forest.

Pinkie Pie suddenly pulled a polka dotted handkerchief out of her mane and blew her nose for a solid 30 seconds. She then took a deep breath and said, "Milkshakes at Sugarcube Corner? My treat?"

Everypony, and dragon, nodded, and they all silently turned to go in the direction of Ponyville. However, one pony stayed behind for a moment. Rainbow Dash hovered in mid air, staring at where the Changelings had gone deeper into the Everfree Forest. She slowly touched her nose, where the Changeling had licked her. Her hoof then made her way up to the wetness that leaked from her eye. . .

"Darn it! Not again! I hate sappy-ness!" she shouted, and she dashed after her friends.