• Published 12th Apr 2022
  • 440 Views, 4 Comments

May the Stars Fall - Tetravault



Away from a world he knew, USAAC pilot Phillip Hutton tries to find a way back.

  • ...
0
 4
 440

From the Author

Hi there, dear reader, the name's Tetravault. I would like to thank you in advance for picking up this story, and I hope you enjoy the journey I wish to tell.

But first, a bit of background information.

This is my first return to the realm of Pony in quite a while. Nothing crazy or serious happened to cause my departure of the fandom, I just grew up a bit more and moved onto new things and interests. I gained a college degree, started on a second one, got into other franchises like Warhammer 40K, picked up a lot of anime, plus new hobbies like building model warships. Just your general nerd, I guess.

But recently (as in the night before as I'm writing this), I had a funny urge to watch some of ACRacebests old Brony convention blogs. To my surprise, he had gone to Harmonycon recently and uploaded blogs for it! It was like picking up an favorite TV show, and it dislodged something in the back of my mental shelf. It triggered a sense of nostalgia I haven't felt in roughly eight years now.

And that was my enjoyment of MLP. It all sort of cascaded from there, though I haven't binged any episodes (yet). The biggest chunk to have fallen was my creative writing prompts for MLP fanfic. And right there at the top, the prompt for this story was sitting. Now, I had gone under a different name on this website, I was originally Captain Suicide. No one famous or well known on the website, but I had a small splash. While I was under that account name, I had written this very story, and it had gained some followers. Combining my love of wartime history with colorful, talking ponies just seemed to work! The story was well on its way to having consistent updates, then...well...

I left this all behind. Deleted my Captain Suicide account, purged most of my Brony socials, kept the music playlist I had made on YouTube though. That will never go away, it holds some epic bangers from the Golden Age days of the fandom. The time span of 2012-2015 was quite the Golden Age. Regardless, I thought I was done.

And yet, here I am, standing at the point I had left. Much has changed with the fandom, that much I can tell from an outsiders perspective on things. But I feel at the core, I can recapture that nostalgia of days gone by. Hopefully, these attempts aren't wasted on you, dear reader.

And so, with my wits and characters by my side, I'm ready to take a step back into the fandom. Will I stay long? Maybe not. Will I enjoy the ride while it lasts? You're God damned right! The story you're about to dive into takes place sometime after Twilight obtains her castle, but before the whole Friendship School era. I may need to brush up on what happened in the later seasons.

Without further ado, I present to you, the revamp, restoration, reworking and rebuilding of an old story originally known as "Hutton's Holly-Marie". Please, sit back and enjoy:

May the Stars Fall