• Published 3rd Dec 2020
  • 2,049 Views, 33 Comments

A SciSet Christmas - ScisetShimmerEvan



The two girls are gonna be spending their first christmas together.

  • ...
3
 33
 2,049

The Perfect Gift (Updated 1/16/2023)

It was Saturday morning at the Sparkle house. Snow was falling outside, making the place look like a winter wonderland for the Christmas season.

Twilight and Sunset were cuddled together in a nice warm bed.

They were both sleeping silently until they heard Spike arguing about something.

“Give that back, that's mine!”

“Who who?”

“That isn’t yours, it's mine!”

Owlowiscious had taken one of Spike’s toys and wouldn’t give it back to him. This of course woke up the two sleeping girls from a really good night of sleep and a cuddle session they were having.

“What’s going on?” Replied a now-awakened Sunset.

“Spike, what are you arguing about now?” Replied an upset Twilight, as she got out of bed.

“He took one of my toys and he won’t give it back!”

“Who who who!”

“I don’t care what you're saying, that’s mine!”

Spike had had enough of his games now, as he jumped as high as he could to where Owlowiscious was sitting on his stand. He then swiped his toy out of Owlicious mouth before Owlicious lost his balance and began to fall!

Fortunately, Sunset jumped out of bed to save him before Owlicious landed safely on the ground using his wings.

“Phew, that was a close one.”

“Spike how many times have I told you to not be this noisy in the morning? Especially on weekends! Do you want anyone but me, Sunset, and our friends to know you can talk?!?”

“Point taken Twilight. But I couldn’t help it. That pesky bird took one of my favorite ones.”

“Who who who!”

“Owlicious says he’s sorry he did it and he promises to not do it again,” replied Sunset.

“He better not,” said Spike as he growled at him.

“This wasn’t how I expected to see our first day of winter break going. I’m sorry about that Sunset.”

“It's not a problem Twilight. I’d feel the same way if I was in your shoes right about now.”

“Well, I guess since we're up, we should go and get some breakfast. But first, Spike you better promise to not talk in front of mom or anyone else in this house except me and Sunset. Got it?” Asked an upset Twilight.

“Yes Twilight, I’ve gotten used to doing it and I’ll always make sure to not talk in front of anyone but you and your friends.”

“Now that’s a good boy I trained and raised well,” Twilight said, giving her pup a scratch under his chin.

“Well then guess since we're up we can start our day now, right Twi?”

“Yes, indeed Sunset. Even if it started with our pets fighting, I’m glad you’ll be spending Christmas with my family.”

“Same here.”

The two soon smiled before going into a kiss, it has since become a routine they did multiple times a week, so they've gotten used to knowing when is the appreciate time to kiss. Owlicious thought it was cute as he awned at them, while Spike of course thought it wasn't.

“Kissing is so gross, I prefer sniffing with my nose,” shared Spike, as he started to sniff for something to find.


As the girls walked down the stairs they could smell something delicious coming from the kitchen. And when they arrived in the kitchen they spotted Velvet was making waffles.

“Morning girls, sleep well?”

“Yes, we did mom.”

“Until Spike woke us up barking at Owlicious.”

“Oh, that’s a shame, Twilight. You need to make sure to control his barking and train him a bit more, got it?”

“Yes mom, I will. But first I need food,” Twilight said as she got herself a plate and put a few waffles on it, before drizzling some syrup on it.

After the girls had got their food and sat at the table, Velvet got started cleaning some dirty dishes in the sink before starting up a conversation.

“So girls, you got any plans for your first day of winter break?”

“Not much, we might go out to play in the snow or do some last-minute Christmas shopping.”

“Christmas shopping!! Oh no,” Sunset said before nearly choking on her food, grabbing her glass of orange juice in the process before she was breathing again.

“Something wrong Sunset?”

“I forgot to get a gift for you and your family. It's the least I can offer after you allowed me to stay here for the holidays.”

“Sunset, you don’t need to. What we care about is that you make my daughter happy and that you get to spend some time with our family.”

“Thank you, Ms. Sparkle. That means a lot,” Sunset replied as a smile appeared.

“Please Sunset, just call me Velvet. I think since I've gotten to know you so well you can call me by my preferred name.”

“That reminds me Sunset, I haven’t gotten you a gift either! I need to think of something to give you as well!”

“Well I guess I know what I'll be doing today,” Sunset replied, before getting up to put her plate and cup away. She then went back upstairs to take shower and get changed.


Not long later Sunset was dressed up in her winter clothes and was getting ready to leave for the mall. But before she touched the doorknob she heard someone approaching her, which turned out to be Velvet.

“So, you thought of what you want to give to my daughter for Christmas Sunset?”

“Well, you see I, uh, I was thinking? Sigh, I honestly have no clue. I want to make something that both Twilight and I will like, but I’m not sure how to do it?”

“What did you have in mind?”

“Ever since Twilight gave me that jacket you helped her make, I've been thinking about giving her something just like it. But I got no experience in sewing or how to do it. I’d ask Rarity for help since she knows how to do it, but she has her stuff going on with it being Christmas break. I don't want to waste her time with my present just so I can make Twilight happy.”

“I can help if you'd like.”

“You’d do that?”

“Of course. She’s my daughter. It's the least I can do for someone who cares very much for her.”

“Thank you, Velvet.”

A few minutes later Velvet was now dressed and ready to leave with Sunset to get what she needs to make the perfect gift for Twilight.

“Twilight, Sunset, and I are gonna be going on a few errands, we’ll be back in a bit.”

“Ok mom, thanks.

And before she knew it, Sunset and her mom left for the Canterlot mall.

"I wonder why Sunset is going on some errands with her?” Twilight wondered to herself.


After Sunset and Velvet had left Twilight was home alone with just herself, Spike, and Owlicious for company. After twenty minutes of just re-reading another one of her books in her room, she began to feel bored.

“Err, this is one of the times of the year I wish I had something to do. Wait, I know! I should work on something. Like, getting a gift for Sunset!”

“Do you even know what you want to give her Twilight?” Spike said as he rolled where he sat on her bed.

“No. But I’ll think of something. Wait, I got it!”

Twilight soon searched through her photos on her phone and decided to give Sunset a picture of them both as her gift for her girlfriend for Christmas.

After choosing the photo she liked she went over to her dad’s desk to grab a photo frame to use and began modifying it on her computer before printing it. After she fitted the photo into its frame she wrapped it up and then put it under the Christmas tree in the living room.

“It’s not much, but I know Sunset will love it. Now that that’s over with, I guess I should do that other thing I need to get done with.”

She then went back to her room to find Spike who was in the same positive she saw him earlier. When Spike saw Twilight just staring at her he knew something was up. And soon he got his answer.

“Oh Spike, guess what time it is?”

“Playtime?"

“Nope, it's bath time!”

Twilight soon revealed a bar of soap from behind her hand, and instantly Spike was in full panic! He hated baths and he knew he needed to leave before Twilight caught him.

“Um Twilight, maybe we should skip this week with my bath? I’m pretty clean this week,” lied Spike.

“Oh, I ain’t falling for that Spike. Now to make sure things don't get worse, I'll be taking things up a notice with my geode.”

"Not if I have anything to say about it!"

And before she knew it Spike ran off her bed before he jumped onto her. Seconds later he grabbed her geode off her neck.

"My geode! Spike bring that back now!"

And so the wild goose chase had begun. Twilight now had to catch her dog not only to bathe him but also to get her geode back. Will she be able to succeed? I have no clue as I'm just the narrator and cannot predict the future.


Velvet and Sunset had just arrived at the Canterlot Mall to get the supplies they'd need for Twilight's gift.

They went to several stores where Sunset found the materials she wanted. Once their shopping was complete they were on their way home to start work on Twilight's present.

When they arrived back, they were shocked to see Twilight who appeared to have just gotten herself into a fight with something. Her hair was a complete mess, her glasses were askew, there were multiple tears and scratches on her, and Spike’s fur was puffed up.

“Let me guess Twilight, you had trouble giving Spike a bath again?” Question Velvet.

“Yep. I don’t know why but Spike has to be quite the pain when it comes to baths, but every time it's always the same thing. Except for this time I had to chase him to get my necklace back, to which he ended up scratching and ruining my clothes.”

“I’ll say. Why don’t I help you get cleaned up and help you get a change of clothes.”

“Ok Sunset. I could use it anyway.”

Once Sunset helped Twilight change into a new pair of clothes and checked if her injuries were serious or not she joined Velvet in her room and began their work.

Sunset had trouble at first getting to know how sewing worked but after a while, she got the hang of it.

After the sewing was done they got work starting with the logo to put on the outfit. Sunset decided to make matching outfits for herself and Twilight. There's have matching with their combined cutie on it with matching T-shirts to go with them.

Since Velvet didn't know what a cutie mark was Sunset just told her it was a custom logo she made a while back. But it was the logo off of the new journal she got from Princess Twilight months prior when she returned to Equestria and met Starlight Glimmer.

When the work was done Sunset was happy with it and knew Twilight was gonna love it.

After Velvet put away her sewing machine she helped Sunset wrap the gift up and it was ready to be put under the tree with the rest of the gifts, to await til Christmas morning for Twilight to open up.

“Thank you for the help Velvet. I couldn’t have done it without you.”

“It was my pleasure Sunset. I'm quite surprised you decided to do a pair of skirts with matching t-shirts. I was expecting a jacket that matched the one Twilight made for you. But knowing that you wanted to try something new, is acceptable in my book. Plus, I've always wanted to see Twilight in matching clothes with someone she cares for. While I originally wanted it to be one of her friends, I'll lovingly accept a girlfriend of hers any day now.”

“Now you're starting to sound like Rarity. But yes, one pair is for Twilight and the other is for me. Good thing we're the same size/ The only problem was the design and appearance.”

The two soon giggled just thinking about it until they heard the doorbell ring.

Twilight was the closest so she was the one who opened it. When it did it was revealed to be Nightlight, who had just arrived home from his business trip.

“Welcome home Dad!” Twilight said as she proceeded to hug him.

“How’s my daughter doing? Is Sunset here?”

“Right here, it's good to see you again Mr. Sparkle,” Sunset said as they shared a handshake with him.

“It's nice to see you again Sunset, but please call me Night Light. It’ll be nice to be spending the holiday season with the girl my daughter loves. And like my wife might've told you I just think it is better than being called Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle during your stay with us.”

“And that you arrived back home safely,” replied Velvet, she kissed her husband welcoming him home.

"It's good to be home in time for Christmas. Is dinner almost ready? I haven’t eaten much today?”

“It’ll be ready in an hour.”

“Thanks, honey, now if you ladies excuse me I got some unpacking to do.”

Night Light made his way up the stairs with his suitcase while Velvet headed towards the kitchen to finish the final touches on dinner.

As for Twilight and Sunset, they decided to go and play some video games to pass the time. Twilight wasn’t the biggest video game fan but she had started to enjoy them more whenever playing them with Sunset.

Before they knew it dinner was ready and the girls joined the two parents for a nice home-cooked meal.


After a long and hard day, the two girls got ready for bed as they emerged from the bathroom in their pajamas.

The two have gotten used to being together so they didn’t mind changing at the same time. As they crawled into bed they chatted for a bit about their plans for the remainder of their break.

This went on for what felt like forever until they looked at the clock that read 10:27 p.m.

“We better get some sleep. Tomorrow is gonna be another great day Twilight,” Sunset said as she turned off the lamp.

“It sure is Sunset. I can’t wait to see Flurry Heart again in a few days. It’s still a surprise I’m an aunt already, and I'm only seventeen,” Twilight said, removing her glasses before facing her girlfriend.

“Well, you must be proud to have a niece already at such a young age.”

“Yeah, and I can’t wait to spend Christmas with my brother and girlfriend.”

They soon bid each other goodnights as they slowly fell asleep, thinking about what will happen when Christmas comes in the next week.

Author's Note:

There you go chapter two. I originally wanted to get this out last night but I lost track of time and didn't get a chance to work on this. It was mainly due to the fact spent most of my day playing Pokémon go and then later that night trying to fix my Alexa that wasn't working. I did get it fixed fortunately, but I then went down a rabbit hole of sadness over the news of another actor from a show I know who passed at a very young age. Other than that I hope you all enjoy this chapter and expect to see chapter 3 next weekend. And before I go, that part with Spike hating baths I thought would be a nice thing to add, since own my dog Hazel hates them, as whenever I give her one she just sometimes won't stay still. I thought it would be funny to add, which of course I did.

That's it for now. I'm SciSetShimmerEvan and I'll see you down the line!