• ...
10
 93
 4,077

5. First Words

It had been a year since Sunset and Celestia had gotten the Dazzlings and taken care of them. It was a normal Sunday morning, and Sunset and Celestia had just finished feeding the babies. Sunset and Celestia had started to try to help the babies try to speak. It had been a good three months since they started but sadly they haven't gotten any progress. The Dazzlings would only play or try but just say a whole lot of nonsense. Sunset and Celestia had tried many ways to get them to talk, by saying easy names, watching shows for kids to learn, games, and they even had gotten books from Twilight for them to read to the Dazzlings but that still didn't work. It was almost that time of day when Sunset and Celestia had tried to help the Dazzlings speak. But today was the day that the Dazzlings would speak their first words. Celestia and Sunset had made a ten-dollar bet on who would speak first, Sunset wanted Adagio to speak first but Celestia said Aria would speak first.

"Come on Sunset it's time for us to try to get the Dazzlings to speak again, hopefully, Aria will be able to speak today." said Celestia with a smile on her face.

"No way, Adagio will speak first then I'll win the bet." said Sunset with a smile of her own on her face.

Sunset and Celestia got the Dazzlings and started to try to get them to speak. After about an hour they had still not made any progress for none of the Dazzlings. They had gotten up and started to turn around to make some lunch when they heard something or someone finally says their first word.

"Momma?" said one of the Dazzlings.

Sunset and Celestia turned around, they didn't know which one of the Dazzlings said "Momma." All the Dazzlings looked at Sunset and Celestia while Celestia and Sunset looked back. Sonata was playing with her bunny, Aria was sucking on her pacifier, and Adagio was just looking at them with a smile. Sunset and Celestia looked at each other as they thought of an idea.

"Which one of you guys said Momma?" asked Celestia as she looked down at the three girls.

None of the Dazzlings said anything they just looked at Celestia with confused faces. Celestia looked at Sunset maybe the baby that said Momma would only speak to the person that they think is their Momma. Sunset walked to the Dazzlings and decided to ask the question for herself.

"Which one of you three said Momma?" asked Sunset.

"Momma." said Adagio smiling at Sunset.

Sunset was over the moon with happiness, not only had she won the bet but now one of the three babies was starting to talk. Celestia was also happy, a little disappointed that she lost the bet to Sunset, but still happy that Adagio was now starting to talk. Now all they had to do was to help Aria and Sonata start talking as well. Sunset gave Adagio a big hug and a kiss.

"Good job Adagio, you're such a smart girl aren't you." said Sunset as she hugged Adagio.

"Momma." responded Adagio giggling.

"Well you won the bet Sunset, here's your ten dollars, but the main prize is that one of the Dazzlings is speaking now." said Celestia as she handed over the money.

"Thanks, Celestia, and your right. I hope Aria and Sonata will be able to speak soon too." said Sunset.

As Sunset and Celestia were talking to each other Aria crawled over to Sonata. While Sunset and Celestia were busy they heard yet another voice.

"Up, up." said another random voice.

Sunset and Celestia looked at Adagio but that wasn't Adagio's voice. They looked at Aria and Sonata, Sonata was playing with her bunny still, but this time Aria was right in front of them holding up her hands so that one of them could pick her up. This time both Celestia and Sunset were happy. First Adagio was talking and now Aria's talking. They only had Sonata left that hadn't said a word yet, two down one to go.

After months of trying to get the Dazzlings to speak they were finally starting to speak. Celestia and Sunset smiled at each other, they were proud of what they had accomplished today, two of the baby Dazzlings were talking on the same day. Even though Adagio and Aria had no clue what they had just done they still smiled. While Sonata just kept playing with her bunny obvious what had happened. A few hours had passed since Adagio and Aria spoke their first words. Sunset and Celestia had tried to get Sonata to speak but sadly they couldn't. They had just finished dinner and were starting to go to bed. Sunset was picking up the Dazzlings toys that they had left on the ground. When she saw Sonata playing with her bunny, she knew she would have to take it from her. Sunset took the bunny from Sonata, Sonata looked up at Sunset with sad eyes.

"Sorry Sonata, but it's time to start getting ready to go to bed." said Sunset walking away with the bunny in hand.

As Sunset started to walk away she felt something on her leg. She looked down to see what was touching her leg, down on her leg was Sonata. Sonata looked at Sunset she tried to say something but it was baby talk so Sunset didn't know what she wanted. As she started to walk away again she heard something that she has been waiting for a long, long time.

"Bunny." said Sonata looking at the bunny in Sunset's hand.

Sunset turned around, but before she got happy she had to make sure what she heard was true.

"Sonata what did you just say?" asked Sunset as she looked at Sonata.

"Bunny." said Sonata with a sad tone still looking at the bunny.

Sunset tried to get think about everything that just happened that day. First Adagio talks and Sunset won the bet with Celestia, then Aria said her first word only seconds later after Adagio did, finally, Sonata just said her first word in front of Sunset. All three of the Dazzlings said their first words on the same exact day.

"Celestia come here Sonata just said her first word!" yelled Sunset grabbing Celestia's attention.

Celestia walked downstairs and looked at Sunset. She nodded her head to show Sunset that she was listening. Sunset took out Sonata's bunny from the basket and put it in her hand and started to wave it around.

"Now Sonata, say what you told me ok?" asked Sunset as she waved the bunny around Sonata's face.

"Bunny." said Sonata happily as she tried grabbing the bunny.

Celestia was surprised she didn't expect all three Dazzlings to speak on the same exact day. She was so happy that Sonata was finally speaking as well, and to think all they had to do was to take Sonata's bunny away from her to make her say her first word. Celestia and Sunset were both proud of themselves they were already proud of themselves for getting one of them to talk, but all three that is a huge accomplishment. Sonata was still trying to get her bunny back from Sunset. Later that night Sunset gave Sonata her bunny back as she and Celestia put the Dazzlings to sleep for the night.

"You know Sunset we should be proud of ourselves for getting all three of the Dazzlings to talk today." said Celestia smiling at Sunset.

"Yeah your right Celestia, but I still did win the bet so that makes it all the better in my case." said Sunset giving a bright smile.

Celestia laughed, she knew if she won she would have done the exact same thing as Sunset. But she still couldn't forget that Adagio called Sunset her momma so she decided to ask Sunset about what Adagio said.

"So Sunset, how did you feel when Adagio called you her 'momma'?" asked Celestia.

Sunset thought she was so happy that Adagio was starting to talk she didn't really think about what she really said.

"You know it felt good to know that she thinks of me as her own mother," said Sunset with a small smile. "Who knows what those girl's mother was like."

"Who knows Sunset but know it is our responsibility to make sure those girls get the love and care they deserve." said Celestia.

"Well in their case it would be adoration." said Sunset.

Sunset and Celestia shared a laugh before going to bed. They were going to the ones make sure nothing would happen to those girls until they become adults and started their lives, but until then Sunset and Celestia were the ones in charge of them.

Author's Note:

Once again the next chapter is going to be a time skip as well. Right now in the story the Dazzlings are 4 in a half years old.