• ...
10
 93
 4,075

20. Will You Marry Me??

It was nearly two years since Anon and the other Sonata gave everyone the news about Aaron. Sure they didn't have to wait for nearly two years but it was better to be safe than sorry.

In that amount of time, almost everything had changed. With new technology, new shops, fewer robberies, less stealing, and less murder, the world was truly becoming a better place all thanks to Aaron. Just like they were told to by Anon and the other Sonata everyone kept their eyes on Aaron. But even though people were suspicious of Aaron, Aaron didn't mind. He kept on doing his job like always and made the world a safe place for everyone.

The Dazzlings were currently enjoying their life as always. They were nearing the end of their fourth-grade year. Sunset and Tom had been dating for two years now. But it felt as though they'd been dating for years. Sure they knew each other in high school but they didn't really talk, because Sunset was the tyrant queen of the school for almost all of their high school years.

It was a midday Saturday, the Dazzlings were at home with Celestia. Sunset was currently out with her friends having a girl's day. Normally the Dazzlings and Celestia would be having a fun time playing a game or something but not today. Today was different, Tom was there for one important reason. Today was the day he was going to ask Sunset Shimmer to marry him. For a while now Tom was planning of asking Sunset but never really had time to because of his company but now he had the time. Tom was telling Celestia and the Dazzlings the plan, he needed their help if this plan was going to work.

"So can I possibly marry your daughter, Celestia?" Tom asked Celestia.

"Now that's Sunset's decision but if it was up to me I would say yes. She'll be very lucky to have you as a husband." Celestia said as she looked at Tom with a smile.

"So does this mean we'll finally have a dad?" Sonata asked.

"Well if Sunset says yes then you will. But I have no doubt in my mind that she'll she yes." Celestia said looking at Sonata.

"Yay! We're going to have a dad." Sonata said jumping up and down.

"Sonata calm down, we need to get this place ready before momma gets back." Adagio said trying to calm down her hyper sister.

"Yeah take it down a notch will you." Aria said already done with Sonata for the day, but it was only 1:00 in the afternoon.

"Sorry, I'm just excited. Our momma's is going to get married. We should be happy." Sonata said with a big smile.

"Who said we weren't happy? We're just saying to calm down." Aria said as she looked at Sonata with a glare.

"Now, now girls. You're both right about this. We should be happy for Sunset, but we should also get this place ready. Now let's hurry so we can make this place look great for the proposal." Celestia said as she and Tom started to move some things around.

"Yeah, come on girls. Let's make this the best proposal ever." Adagio said putting her arm up in the air.

"Yeah!" Sonata and Aria yelled.

Tom had already brought a whole box full of supplies for the proposal. The Dazzlings looked into the box to see what was in it. The box was full of all sorts of things and colors. Fake flower pedals, balloons that needed to be filled with air, a big sign saying "Will you marry me," and three cute little dresses.

"Why are there three dresses in the box? Does mom need to wear three dresses when you propose to her?" Adagio asked picking up one of the dresses.

"No, Adagio. Those are for you three. Each of you is going to wear one when I propose to Sunset." Tom said as he gave each gave a Dazzling a dress.

"What about Auntie Celestia?" Aria asked looking over at Celestia

"I already have my dress to wear Aria." Celestia said looking down at Aria with a smile.

"Wow, look at the dresses. We're going to look like little princesses." Sonata said holding up her dress.

Aria and Adagio take out their dresses from Tom's hands. Sonata's dress was a light blue dress, Aria's was a purple dress, and Adagio had a pink dress. Sonata and Adagio loved their dresses but Aria on the other hand wasn't all that thrilled.

"Something the matter, Aria?" Tom asked as he noticed her face.

"I don't like it. I don't want to wear a dress." Aria said as she handed back the dress.

"You don't have to wear the dress. But can you at least do it for your mother just this once?" Tom said as she pleaded to Aria.

"Fine, for momma. But that's it." Aria said as she crossed her arms.

"Thanks, Aria. Now you three should put on your dresses. Me and Celestia can work on putting up the decorations. Once you three are done you can come to help us if we need it." Tom said as he and Celestia started getting to work.

"Ok." The Dazzlings said as they ran to their rooms.

It took a while for Tom and Celestia to put up all of the decorations but they finished. Once they finished Sonata and Adagio came out of their rooms with their dresses on.

"Tom, Auntie Celestia, how do we look." Adagio asked as she did a little pose.

"You two look great." Tom said as he smiled at the two girls.

"I couldn't agree more. You two look like true princesses." Celestia said as she took a picture with her phone.

"Now all we need is Aria and then we're ready. Now, where is Aria?" Tom asked.

"She's still getting dressed. She's not a fan of all this "girly" stuff." Adagio said rolling her eyes. Adagio didn't understand why Aria didn't like girly things like her or Sonata.

"Yes, she does." Sonata said with a smile.

Everyone looks at Sonata in confusion. Sonata looks at them and realizes that she going to have to explain.

"When me and Adagio were walking down I took a look into Aria's room. She isn't getting dressed, she's already dressed. She was in her dress twirling around like a ballerina. She also had a big smile on her face. Aria just likes to keep things to herself, she really likes girly things but keeps it in." Sonata said with a bright smile.

"Well, it's good to know Aria likes the dress. I'm going to get her right now." Celestia said as she walked upstairs.

"Ok, I'll call Sunset to see if she's on her way home." Tom said as he took out his phone.

"What do we do?" Adagio asked Tom.

"You just wait here and get ready to surprise your mother." Tom said as he went to the other room to call Sunset.

Celestia comes back downstairs with Aria. Aria had her arms crossed and had a frown on her face. Aria didn't look one bit happy at all.

"What's wrong Aria? Do you not like the dress?" Adagio asked giggling inside since she knew the real answer.

"What do you think? Of course, I don't like it. Dresses are for girly girls and I'm not that." Aria said sitting down on the couch still having her arms crossed.

"Sure, whatever you say Aria." Sonata said smiling.

Celestia comes back into the room with her dress on. It was a white dress, it was kinda like a wedding dress but different. Tom also came back into the room with his phone in his pocket. He looks excited yet scared at the same time.

"I just called Sunset. She's on her way she's about five minutes away from the house." Tom said as he put his phone in his pocket.

"Well, I guess we should get into our places." Celestia said as she stood up.

"Yeah, let's get ready." Tom said as he too got up.

Everyone finds a hiding spot so Sunset wouldn't see them. Celestia goes over to the lights and turns them off. Now the room was fully dark, once Sunset would walk in she wouldn't see anything.

About a minute later the door opens. Sunset walks over to the lights and turns them on. She was confused when the lights were on and she didn't hear anything. Maybe Celestia took the Dazzlings somewhere to get some food. She turns around and see's all of the decorations except for the sign saying "Will you marry me". Everyone expects Tom walks out of their hiding spots and goes to Sunset.

"W-what's going on? Why are all of you dressed up." Sunset asked looking around at everyone.

"Look at the sign, Sunset." Celestia said pointing toward the sign.

Sunset looks up at the sign. She covers her mouth with her hand and tears start to rise in her eyes. Tom walks out of his hiding spot and gets on one knee, and pulls out the wedding ring. The tears in Sunset's eyes come out as she looks at Tom.

"Sunset, will you marry me?" Tom asked as he looked up at his girlfriend.

"Yes, yes I'll marry you." Sunset said as she tackled him.

Tom puts the ring on Sunset's finger and they engage in a kiss. It was a wonderful moment for the Dazzlings. Their mother was finally going to get married. It was a happy moment for them all.

"So when's the wedding going to be?" Sonata asked.

"Five days from now. My company already has been getting all of the plans ready. We just need Sunset's input on them." Tom said as he looked at his now-fiancee.

"I'll sure they'll be great." Sunset said

Sunset and Tom were finally going to be married after years of being together. The Dazzlings couldn't be happier for their mother. The wedding was going to be great.