• Published 14th Nov 2020
  • 205 Views, 1 Comments

Eternal Struggle: A History - Onyourleft



This story allows you to dive deep into ancient equestrian history. Completely untampered or meddled with, this volume sheds light upon the truth. All of the truth.

  • ...
 1
 205

Timeline (Abridged)

Author's Note:

This timeline is a little crude and straight to the point. If you wish you can skip this chapter, it is not necessary to read to understand the rest of the story. However, I would recommend at least a skim, it gives a nice and simple overview. The next chapter is an excerpt from Prince Sombra's personal journal. I hope you enjoy this side story!

-OYL

Timeline:

  • Grogar Rules equestria.
  • Gusty The Great defeats Grogar and banishes him to the deepest regions of Tartarus.
  • The three tribes rule, each using the other.
  • The Windigos arrive. The tribes unite.
  • The first Grand Council is formed.
  • Celestia’s parents are discovered and elected to be the new rulers by the populace.
  • A small group of ponies leave and create a new kingdom. (The Crystal Empire)
  • The Tree of Harmony is discovered by Star Swirl.
  • Star Swirl mentors Celestia who lives under her parents.
  • When Celestia’s mother falls ill and can not raise the moon for a month, a young passionate unicron named Luna raises it herself. She ascends and is enthusiastically adopted into the family.
  • Tirek and Scorpan arrive, revealing enemy lands to equestria.
  • Celestia and Luna save the world from Discord while their parents are entrapped.
  • The Crystal empire is massive and rivals equestria in size. Sombra, the son of King Brauches and Queen Lilac, runs away after his parents ignore his warnings of Tartarus opening.
  • Tartarus breaks open and allows monsters to roam the Crystal Empire.
  • After a few painstaking years of war, the Crystal Empire is depleted on resources. Celestia and Luna’s parents refuse to help.
  • The gryphon kingdoms send aid. However their king is assassinated leading to a cease of support.
  • The Crystal Empire becomes desperate, and they finally declare war on Equestria.
  • A single pitiful battle ensues where King Brauches and Queen Lilac perish. Celestia and Luna are appalled by their parents and while searching the camp they discover a child. The two of them stand up to their parents and Luna adopts him.
  • King Sombra, realizing his former kingdom was weak, attacks with his small army and takes control. He is now a member of The Second Sun and serves them.
  • The adopted unicorn named Iron Eclipse is a prodigy at magic and is trained by Luna, Celestia, and Star Swirl.
  • Celestia and Luna remove their parents from their place, and ascend to rule.
  • At the age of sixteen Iron Eclipse joins the royal guard, and by eighteen he is the captain.
  • During this time he becomes not only a prodigy, but a hero, while he defeats the countless enemies that try to raid equestria.
  • During that 14-17 year long period, King Sombra is reconstructing the once great Crystal Empire. However, he takes notice of Iron Eclipse and discovers that they are brothers.
  • Sombra innocently approaches his brother and explains his heritage. Iron Eclipse goes into the restricted library and affirms the truth. He confronts his mother before leaving for the Crystal Empire.
  • Sombra takes Iron Eclipse under him, teaching him dark magic, strategy, and manipulation. He eventually reveals his plans to invade equestria.
  • Iron Eclipse led a revolution against King Sombra, it almost succeeded.
  • Equestria learns of the threat and the Crystal War ensues. Sombra's forces are weak, due to the revolution. He is temporarily defeated, but he takes his prized city with him.
  • Iron Eclipse is asked to be King of what remains of the Crystal Empire. Instead, he allows Equestria to merge with what was left instead of taking the throne.
  • Iron Eclipse begins to advocate for more freedoms. He believes the common pony should have more power and that all forms of magic should be free.
  • Iron Eclipse discovers Sombra’s presence in Luna, and he attempts to explain this to Celestia. The Second Sun works avidly and gets Iron the label of a dark mage and a rebel. He is defeated and trapped in stone by his Mother and Celestia.
  • History is changed to prevent similar events, and to protect many legacies.
  • Nightmare Moon attempts to overthrow Equestria.
  • 1,000 years of peace.