• Published 2nd Sep 2012
  • 1,092 Views, 18 Comments

Down the Darkened Path - Shawn820



"I had to give in for the others... But at least my soul is free, unlike you demons..."

  • ...
3
 18
 1,092

Chapter 2: Forgotten Speech

Down the Darkened Path
Chapter 2
Forgotten Speech

The six began to get into the chariot, I turned around to the Princesses, “Are you coming as well?”

They shook their heads and Celestia spoke up, “Sorry, but we have too much that we have to do. We will visit to keep an eye on you though, Clarity put his trust in us to make sure you are well for your final years.”

Closing my eyes, I nodded, “Alright then.” I got into the carriage and as the door closed, I waved goodbye to them. Taking a seat, I looked to these six.

“Just wondering, how much information do we know of each other? I know so far your names, appearance, and that you are the Elements of Harmony. What about you?”

Twilight spoke for the group, “So far we know what you did to get here, your name, and species name.”

I looked to the rest, “So you all know how I died.”

With that being said everypony within the chariot had a sad look on their faces; but after a moment broke out of it.

Twilight spoke up again, “Do you know who you might be staying with?”

I scratched my chin, “Well I am not really sure, I could remake my airship here and use it as a ho-”

Once again Twilight cut me off, “Wait, you can make a airship?”

I nodded, Twilight shook her head in disbelief. “But that takes an entire team of ponies to control it!”

I shook my head, “Not for me, I know how to build one where I could fly it alone, but it is always nice to fly with people, or ponies in this case.” Clapping my hands together to get all of their attentions, “Alright, let us get off of this subject and try to solve one problem at a time.”

They nodded in agreement.

I noticed this several times now, Pinkie, as I recall, seems to be wanting to burst out saying stuff but stops herself. I raised a brow in question. “You seem to want to say something.”

“Yeah, but I made a promise not to talk a lot and bother you, because you don’t like to talk a lot.”

“How would you know that I don’t like to talk much or if I do?”

She shrugged. “We guessed.”

“Well you guess half right, I don’t talk much but that does not mean I do not like to talk.”

She gasped loudly and suddenly with a smile from ear to ear, began to speak with such a tone of happiness I could actually feel it.

“Yay! That means I can talk about all the stuff I was wanting to do, like throw you a Welcome-to-Ponyville-party, along with a Welcome-to-Equestria party, and we can play games and have fun and talk and do all kinds of stuff!”

I began to chuckle and it got to the point of me laughing out loud. “Perhaps, haha, I should stay with Pinkie. I feel like as happy as a kid again just by being around her!”

Fluttershy spoke up from the group, quietly but I could hear it.

“H-how old a-are you exactly?”

I turned towards her. “My current age is thirty-nine.”

Rarity spoke up in a bit of shock. “You look simply divine for your age.”

Then Rainbow Dash. “Woah woah woah, you're thirty-nine?!”

I raised a brow. “How old did you think I was?”

“Well darling, I think I could speak for all of us when I say we thought you were quite young!”

I pat my hair for a moment. “Good thing my hair isn’t starting to grey like some I know...

Knew...”

I threw on a small smile, covering up any sadness in my tone. “Anyways, I could stay with Pinkie, but then again, I don’t think I could handle that much, don’t get me wrong, but I would not be able to keep up with you if I did.”

“Oh don’t worry about that silly-filly.”

I scratched my chin deep in thought.

I facepalm. “Blast it! I knew I forgot something!”

“What did you forget?”

“Currency! I don’t have any, or know what it is, or even how I will acquire it.”

Twilight placed a hoof onto her muzzle in thought. “They are called bits, and maybe you could do some work in the town, what are you good at?”

I scratched my chin. “I’m a decent blacksmith, though I did work as a craftsman. Is there a forge in Ponyville?”

“Iron Defense runs the forge, he was looking for an assistant if ah remember correctly.” Applejack stated.

I hummed in thought. “That does seem like a place I could get some work that I am use to.”

Of course things were a bit of a challenge, I had no location to go to nor did I have the actual currency that I would have to use. “Tell me, does Ponyville have a library? I would like to study some more on some things.”

“Yes actually, I live in the library.”

Scratching my chin I began to think. “Perhaps I could move in with you, it would be easy to read the books I guess you could say.”

I tapped by foot against the wooden floor of the carriage, lost in thought, I have to make sure I have everything checked otherwise things might be a tad bit difficult.

“I have to ask dear, what about your clothing? Do you have any spare to wear?”

I looked up to Rarity. “Good point, I will have to find a tailor to make some more, thankfully Clarity had managed to make my clothes clean whilst bringing me here.” I must send my thanks to him sometime soon.

I wore a white long sleeve shirt under my blue button-up, overshirt, my satchel held onto some things, I forgot what I have in it so I will have to check later. My pants and belt buckle boots, were a tad bit plain, but I find them comfortable. I do not need a noble to tell me that my clothes are uncouth and need to be made better. I had my goggles wrapped around my head and sticking out on top of my head. I looked at my hands to show my fingerless gloves, I think my work gauntlets are in my satchel...

“Well, lucky for you I am just that! I would be happy to make you some new clothing! No charge, I couldn’t charge you.”

I shook my head. “I will have to refuse that offer, I can not have you make me clothes for free. I will earn some bits or work for you to pay it off. I shall not be a pain in all of your sides.”

“But I insist! It would be no trouble, none at all.”

“I will still have to refuse, I will not accept something for free, not unless I have earned it.” I insisted

Rarity hummed in thought. “You saved your world, I think you deserve something, at least accept it as a reward for doing that.”

I averted my gaze and looked to the floor. “... I, I guess. I wonder how my friends are doing... those who are alive...”

I felt a hoof on my shoulder and traced it back to Fluttershy. “I am sure that they are doing fine and miss you very much.”

“Yeah... They should be doing fine. I gave my friends tools to protect them from the corrupted beings.”

Their heads tilted, Twilight spoke from the group. “Corrupted beings?”

I shook my head. “We can continue this conversation later. We have arrived.”

As I said those words the carriage touched the ground once more. Slowly we all began to step out of it and it appears there is a stage set up, we were currently behind the stage, all these things led up to this point.

I stand here behind the stage and the Elements are stepping out of the carriage. “What is this?”

“We have to introduce you to the town. We don’t want to just pop you into the town and freak everypony out.”

I scratch my stubble. “Alright then, it makes sense.”

Twilight began to start up the stairs. “Just wait back here until we give you the signal, you will know what it is.”

I nodded. “Alright then. I shall wait until then.”

They walked onto the stage and left me in the back. I can hear them starting and beginning to talk. I slowly walk towards the curtain and wait for my signal to walk onto stage. Looking around once more I feel my nerves rising, I am a bit nervous to meet the entire town in one big group, but I can do it.

“-And without further adieu, here he is Rick Fuoco!”

Pulling down on my fingerless gloves I nod to myself and press forward, opening the curtains and starting my walk out onto the stage.

It appears I forgot a speech this time around...

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long delay between chapters but here you are!
I should be able to update both stories a bit more often so cross your fingers!