• Published 23rd Oct 2020
  • 123 Views, 0 Comments

A Long Shot - Near Miss



Near Miss can't die, Long Shot pulls off million-to-one odds, and Spleens is... Spleens. They now set out in their caravan to Gallifrey gorge

  • ...
 0
 123

Chapter 7

Long Shot woke up around noon the next day in one of the guest rooms in the CASTLE OF FRIENDSHIP, and after taking a quick one hour nap, finally managed to stumble her way into the castle's kitchen. There she met Starlight Glimmer, who was reading a book about some sort of arcane magic, if the title was any hint, while sipping coffee and occasionally prodding a still mostly-time-frozen Trixie. Trixie moved briefly most of the time after she was poked, but then froze again after a second or so.

"Is she going to be ok?" Asked Long Shot, more interested than concerned about the semi-paralyzed 'magical' horse.

"She'll be fine in a few hours; this has actually happened before," Starlight answered, "I just need to keep poking her to slowly wear down the spell she cast on herself."

"Magic is weird. Have you seen where my friends went?" Long asked now more fully awake.

"Yeah," Starlight said while giving Trixie a particularly firm poke, "They're in the castle library. Take a right out that door, and look for the big double doors near the end of the hall."

Long Shot made her way down the corridor, eventually finding the large double doors. Inside she found Near and Spleens pouring over a stack of old books and maps.

Near was talking to Spleens as Long got into earshot, "Some kind of battle or something, the archeology books aren't clear, but SOMETHING happened at Gallifrey Gorge, something that basically erased it overnight. Some of the buildings are barely foundations now."

"So, what does that mean for us?" Long asked. Both Near and Spleens looked up at the sudden intrusion.

"I think," Spleens answered, "It means we should tread very carefully when we get there."