• Published 12th Oct 2020
  • 394 Views, 6 Comments

Finding the Princess - halothair



You are a simple pony trying to find the princess. Based on the Henry Stickmin Collection.

  • ...
1
 6
 394

Teleport

...really?

This is the option you went with?

You know the track record for teleportation, right?

Even Twilight had trouble teleporting with just her horn, so there's no possible way you could-

Eh, whatever, let's just do it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Teleporter is a new, emergent piece of technology that you have... ahem. Aquired. From Princess Twilight's designs. Apparently it's very useful for getting into places that you have absolutely no business being in.

Well, you do have a reason! You need a job and the Princesses are your best bet.

You look at the directions briefly and get them quickly memorized. Luckily, you have great memory, and you instantly think you got this.

You set the dials to a relative direction, forward about 50 feet in (that is where the throne room is located after all), and upwards about... 3 or so feet? I mean, it couldn't hurt; you wouldn't want to teleport into something or somepony, would you?

Well, no time like the present. You hit the GO button and brace yourself. Your stomach lurches as you find your body occupying another dimension and-

Oh.

Oh no.

Oh, that is unpleasant.

3/5 stars, would not use again.

Without warning, you are no longer where you used to be. After a short lapse of existence, you find yourself on a tile floor, ornate and intricate in its design, and beautiful for all to beho-

You just barfed on it.

Lovely.

Well, as you get your bearings, you realize that it worked! For once, it worked in your favor! And look!

"What the devil!?"

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna! There they are! You made it into the throne room, and now you're ready to ask them for a job! This success has filled you with such confidence that you step forward and...

...promptly walk into a royal guard.

More specifically, many royal guards.

Turns out, while you were puking and thinking, you were surrounded by a platoon of guards.

Oops.

You turn to quickly ask your princesses your question, but stop as you see their eyes. Their expressions are... you're not good at reading faces, but it's definitely not pleasant.

"Breaking into a private area?" asks (well, bellows) Princess Luna. "Stealing a Princess's private property?! How dare you!"

"While my sister is very brutal in her methods, she is absolutely right. These actions are highly illegal, and now..." says Princess Celestia, "We must decide how to deal with you."

Before you can explain yourself, you are dragged away to the dungeon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You weren't even aware the princesses had a dungeon, but here you are. The dank walls are cold, your cot is uncomfortable, and... the poster with the "Hang In There" kitty is a bit much.

Nevertheless, you got your wish. You got to see the princesses, and now you await your fate.

Was it worth it?

To be continued...
Sometime...
When I feel like it...

Author's Note:

To be continued...
Maybe. I don't really know. This was just an experiment to see if I could somehow write a story similar to Henry Stickmin without stealing entirely from the plot. Rest assured, I will NOT be stealing any more plot points from the hard workers of this game, but I may just introduce my own storyline revolving around a certain secret agency that a certain candy-colored mare and her wife may be part of...