• Published 11th Jan 2013
  • 539 Views, 1 Comments

Alteration - MaximumBurn117



A My Little Pony/s-CRY-ed Crossover that was thought up by me and Reaper (Hello) comment and enjoy

  • ...
4
 1
 539

Chapter 10: Desperation

Episode 10: Desperation Loosely based on the Episode ‘Super Pinch’

“It’s been a while since we spent some time together, AJ.” Applebloom said as she stared out over the hills. The Lost Ground had its moments of beauty and this was one of them. The green grass was fragrant and soft. Applejack had been far too tense lately. She thought to herself about how she had spent more time fighting and not enough time with the ponies she cared about. “I’ve been a bad sister lately, haven’t I?” Applejack said, stretching out on the grass. Applebloom giggled, “Maybe. But you’re there when we need you most.” “That’s true.” Applebloom looked up at the sky, “Have you heard the rumours about people from the city coming here?” “Yeah. I hope things don’t get ugly,” Applejack grinned, “But you’ve got me. And I won’t let anything happen to you.”

An Inner Village
Rarity and Pinkie strolled down the street, ignoring the angry glares and whispered curses from the Inner Ponies. Everyone was waiting for the first move, and it came from an unexpected source. A young colt ran up to Rarity, yelling at her. “We don’t need you here, HOLY! Go away!” He tossed a rock, which Rarity caught effortlessly. As the foal’s mother pleaded for Rarity to forgive them, the air shimmered and Zetsuei materialised. Then the building to Rarity’s right exploded. “Why do you hide, criminal scum? You obviously felt no need to respect the law before now.” Pinkie laughed, “What changed?” Rarity barely left them a chance to respond, “If you had any dignity or righteousness, you’d act like this little colt here. You will atone for your crimes by serving time!” She didn’t bother using Zetsuei, and just struck the nearest criminal in the gut, adding in a menacing tone, “Are we clear?”

Applejack’s house – several hours later
“How’s your arm, sweetie?” Vinyl asked as she cuddled up to Applejack. “It’s still a bit sore, but I’ll live…” Her voice trailed off as Vinyl started kissing her. “I know you like this.” Applejack blushed, but said nothing, instead leaning back as Vinyl climbed on top of her. “Shall we?” Applejack nodded slowly. Vinyl grinned as she lifted Applejack’s shirt, slowly kissing down her chest…then Luna barged in. “Applejack, I’ve got-oh, you’re busy…”

“HAVEN’T YOU HEARD OF KNOCKING?! SERIOUSLY, LUNA!” Applebloom looked up from whatever she was doing to see Luna being chased down the stairs by an irate Vinyl Scratch. “I’m sorry! But I have something important for Applejack!” “WELL, IT CAN WAIT!” Vinyl yelled. Scootaloo shook her head, “There goes the afternoon…”

About an hour later, Applejack wandered down the stairs. Her hair was messy and her face was still the same shade of reddish-pink it had been when Luna barged in. “Well…that was awkward. And we were really enjoying ourselves, too.” Scootaloo stood up, absent-mindedly toying with her car keys, “You just had a shower?” “Three. What’ve you and Luna heard?” “Too much. Rumours and truth are so close these days it’s hard to tell.” Applejack turned to face Scootaloo, holding an apple in her hoof. “Then think of everything you’ve heard and tell me the third one.” Scootaloo grinned, “Yeah, that sound like something you’d do, doesn’t it?” “If you’re going out there, I’m going with.” Vinyl walked down the stairs, dressed in a skintight shirt and loose jeans. She lifted her sunglasses and winked at Applejack, “Like what you see, sweetie?” Applejack turned away, trying to hide her blushing face, prompting Scootaloo to laugh as Applebloom walked in the room. “That’s so cute, Applejack. She’s trying to be shy.” Applejack turned to Scootaloo, “Why are you doing this?” Scootaloo shrugged, “Hey, Applebloom, I gotta borrow Applejack and Vinyl for a while. Hope you don’t mind.” Applebloom shook her head, “Be careful, and make sure they come home safe.”

A few hours later
Luna tried in vain to reason with the ponies at the information booth, assuming you could still call it that. “Was HOLY here? That’s all I want to know.” “I ain’t sayin’ nothin’.” Just as Luna was about to lose her temper, Scootaloo drove up. “What took you so long?” Vinyl and Applejack said nothing. “I see. Help me out here. I can’t get anything out of them.” Vinyl grabbed one of the old ponies by his shirt and spoke in a low menacing tone. “Listen here. You’re gonna tell me exactly what my friend wants to know, and if you don’t I’ll smear you across the wall with this desk.” She took off her sunglasses, showing her eyes glowing faint red. “Do we understand each other?” They met with very little resistance from there. “Try by the old church.” Vinyl put her sunglasses back on and dropped him, “Thanks. You’ve been real helpful.” When she got back in the car, Applejack voiced what everyone had been thinking, “Remind me not to get on your bad side.”

The scene at the church was an interesting one. A bunch of little foals had gathered around a pony dressed in a HOLY uniform as she was handing out toys. “Oh dear, I’m so sorry. That’s the last of them. But I’ll have more to give out tomorrow.” A unified call of ‘Awww’ sounded from the young ponies. “You promise?” She gave the little filly her tiara, “If not, you get to keep that.” She turned to Applejack and friends, “Well hello there. You’re Applejack?” Applejack nodded, “Eeyup. And you would be?” She bowed low, though in a mocking manner, “I am Diamond Tiara, a member of HOLY.” “I can tell by the outfit. I want to know why you’re here.” The foals looked worried, as a fight was going to break out. “Maybe we should talk elsewhere, where it won’t upset these sweet little angels.” “Excuse while breakfast comes up for an encore…” She quipped. Everypony noticed the slightly annoyed expression on Diamond Tiara’s face. “I shall return tomorrow with more toys, but for now, I must go and speak with these ladies. Goodbye for now, my friends.”

“So, what did you wanna talk about?” Applejack said as she leaned against ruined bridge. Diamond Tiara just said, “They say you left HOLY after a fight with Rarity. To be honest, I don’t see why you’re so important, but then, Rarity has an unusual fixation on you.” Vinyl scoffed, “Bitch is just jealous, is all.” “Whatever the reason, Applejack, since you showed up, everything has turned to Chaos, and I can’t have that. Also, I doubt you’ve told your friends that there are rumours that you’re still on HOLY’s payroll.” Scootaloo looked at Applejack in surprise, “And when were you gonna tell me this, Applejack?” “Classified orders from the Commander. I don’t know how or why, but my instincts say to trust him.” Diamond Tiara laughed, “So the rumours ARE true. You’re operating out here as an Agent of HOLY.” Applejack couldn’t hold it back anymore. She hated this pony. Diamond Tiara… She was just like that puffed-up princess Rarity. “Shut up!” She struck Diamond Tiara in the gut, and landed another hit across the face. “You think just because I’m technically still a member of HOLY that I won’t fight you? And for the record, I’m providing for my friends and family. Something you may not understand. I don’t agree with what HOLY is doing, and Commander Macintosh knows it.” Diamond Tiara grinned, spitting out blood, “Then why hold back? If the only thing that really changed was where you get your money, then why are you holding back?” Applejack hit her three more times, each one faster than the last. “Because until you open your mouth, you’re not worth fighting.” A quick uppercut launched her backwards. “Is that it? Is that all the great Applejack has to offer?” Applejack hit her again and again, but all it seemed to do was excite Diamond Tiara more. “Please, harder…HIT ME HARDER!” Applejack pushed her down, “You’re just getting off on this aren’t you?” Diamond Tiara laughed madly, like a lunatic. “Yes! I love it when ponies hurt me like this. It fells sooooooooooooo wonderful!” The air shimmered as Applejack formed her Alter. “Let’s see how you like this.” She hit Diamond Tiara hard, sending her into a nearby boulder.

“This is absolutely wonderful! Priceless!” Diamond Tiara kept laughing like a manic, drunk on her own pleasure and maddened by the pain she relished so much. Vinyl Scratch called out to Applejack, “She’s only going to enjoy anything you do to her! That said, put the bitch outta her misery!” Applejack kept fighting, hitting Diamond Tiara hard and fast, pushing her back slowly but surely. Applejack threw one quick heavy punch, knocking Diamond Tiara towards the cliff. “Get up, bitch.” But Diamond Tiara stopped, almost paralysed. “Cliff…” “What was that? Where’s your mad laughter now?” the air shimmered around Diamond Tiara as she resumed her mad laughing, “Wonderful! Fantastic! Absolutely delectable!” Applejack looked around, then got blindsided by a dark shape. What was it?

HOLY HQ
“Sir, Ms Sparkle is here to see you.” “Send her in.” Twilight walked in as Commander Macintosh sat down at his desk. “How can I help you, Ms Sparkle?” “Why did you hide this, Commander?” “How did you find out?” Twilight began explaining, until Commander Macintosh stopped her, “What did you hope to gain?” Twilight simply said, “The truth.”

The Inner – Undisclosed Location
Applejack got up, her eyes filled with fierce determination and hatred. Hatred she felt for only two others… “You think that’s funny?” Diamond Tiara giggled, her mind so far gone into insanity that she hadn’t stopped smiling. “My turn,” She said in a disturbing sing-song voice as the dark shape revealed itself. It was a wolf-shaped construct, slightly resembling a robot from an old comic Vinyl Scratch had read once. Applejack looked more determined than ever. She sprinted towards Diamond Tiara, as she sent her wolf-mech to attack. Applejack slammed it into the ground, leaping off it towards Diamond Tiara. “Try this. SHOCKING FIRST BULLET!” An explosion rocked the landscape, throwing up a huge dust cloud. “More…MORE…GIVE ME MORE!” Diamond Tiara screamed out. Luna groaned as she helped Scootaloo up, “Applejack! Have you tried talking her down?” Vinyl shook her head, “Too late for that. She’s too far gone.” “NOT AGAIN!” Scootaloo yelled. Applejack dashed out, followed by Diamond Tiara holding a katana of sorts. “Your Alter takes the form of whatever you think will hurt people most, and give you the most pleasure in doing it.” “Yes, so clever. Don’t worry, I’ll have you preserved nicely.” Applejack ducked under the blade and hit Diamond Tiara in the gut, “Sick bitch! ANNIHILATING SECOND BULLET!” She propelled both into the cliffface beside them, and before Diamond Tiara could recover, Applejack fired again. “EXTERMINATING LAST BULLET!” Another dust cloud erupted, and Applejack was thrown back, landing heavily. “Again, and again and again! HAHAHAHAHAHA! I LIVE FOR THESE MOMENTS!” Applejack got back up, and everyone saw the look in her eyes, a look of pure unrivalled hatred and anger, almost like this wasn’t Applejack. Like it was a wild beast wearing her skin. “Then, I’ll just break you apart.” She tried reaching for the power she gained in the Everfree Forest, but it wasn’t there. “Lost something? Let me help you find it!”

Diamond Tiara slammed Applejack into the rock and pinned her there with a katana through her right shoulder. She laughed as Applejack screamed with pain. “Sorry. Was that your fighting arm? Aren’t you enjoying this? ‘COZ I AM!” Applejack struggled to pull the blade out, but it was wedged in deep. “Maybe I chose the wrong pressure point...I know.” She grabbed Vinyl Scratch, pinning her arms behind her back so she couldn’t use her Alter. “I can’t have you ruining the surprise-” The air shimmering caught them off guard as the Katana vanished, broken down into particles. “Hands off her. Keep your hands off my girlfriend!” Everyone watched in awe as Applejack’s Alter advanced to Stage Two. Her visor materialised over her eyes and the lens slid back. “This is the second stage of my Alter,” the golden wing grew from her shoulder armour, “And now I know how to use it. All thanks to you. Now, let go of my girlfriend.” Diamond Tiara giggled madly, though the sick happiness was lost. Instead, she was empty. She had lost. “Very well, then.” She pushed Vinyl Scratch towards Applejack, who caught her easily. “Time to say adieu, I think.” Applejack turned towards Diamond Tiara, “Not likely. Shine…Shine brighter…SHINE BRIGHTER, WING BULLET!” She all but flew at Diamond Tiara, blasting a hole in the cliff wall. When the dust settled, Applejack was the only one there. Luna, Scootaloo and Vinyl Scratch gathered around her, anxious to see if she was ok. “Applejack? Are you ok, sweetie?” Vinyl asked. Applejack turned towards them, her Alter fading away. “I beat her. But I think I overdid it…” She fell forwards, unconscious. The others scrambled to get her up, and realizing that they don’t have a car, they hurried to find one and get Applejack home.

HOLY HQ
“How can you do this? The public has a right to know-” “Ms Sparkle, if you would stop and think harder about this, I am doing what I must for the future of the Lost Ground. And this plan must succeed. I don’t like it any more than you do, but it must happen. I will pay whatever price I must, but I would not do this if I didn’t believe in it.” Commander Macintosh made one swift motion, and the room went dark. Twilight looked worried, afraid of what was about to happen. “I need your help, Ms Sparkle. Are you willing to do what is necessary? Even if it means leaving HOLY?”

End of Episode 10