• Published 11th Jan 2013
  • 538 Views, 1 Comments

Alteration - MaximumBurn117



A My Little Pony/s-CRY-ed Crossover that was thought up by me and Reaper (Hello) comment and enjoy

  • ...
4
 1
 538

Chapter 12: New Leaf

Episode 12: New Leaf

A village in the mountains
It was several months after the Second Great Uprising, as it was now known. Applebloom had withdrawn into her shell so much, that she was almost unable to speak. Scootaloo had also grown distant, though she always stepped in to help someone in need, despite the beatings she often received. They both wished that, even if only once, they could see their friends again.

Somewhere in town
No one knows how, but this one day, Rainbow Dash pulled up right outside Luna’s place. “Yo!” She greeted cheerfully. Everyone stared at her in surprise, til Vinyl asked, “How’d you find us?” Rainbow shrugged, “I made a lucky guess. I got some info from HOLY. Do you three happen to know anyone who might be able to use it?” She held out a flash drive. “Maybe for you, Ms Twinight?” “It’s Twilight… Sometimes I think you do it on purpose.” Rainbow chuckled, “Maybe.” Luna was next to speak, “We are trying to work here-” “Sorry, madam president. I didn’t realize I was interrupting a lucrative business.” Rainbow mocked. Luna just rolled her eyes and returned to working, “Have you heard anything about Applejack or Rarity? Things are falling apart.” “Sorry, no. But I’ll keep looking. Ms Twilight’s got my number.” “It’s Twilight!” Rainbow grinned, “That’s what I said.” She left everyone bewildered. Maybe she really did get Twilight’s name wrong on purpose.

The Village in the mountains
Applebloom struggled under an increasing workload, and Scootaloo had all but broken. It looked so bleak, that they were about to give up hope and resign themselves to a despair filled end. But hope is not so easily shattered. As Applebloom finally collapsed, she felt someone catch her ass he fell. “I’m sorry, but I can’t go on. It’s too much…” A soothing voice spoke to her, “It will be alright. Just hold on a little longer. Please.” The voice was different, but it carried the same message as Applejack’s voice. Her courage, determination and her will to defy fate itself. “Lazy hag. Get to work!” Applebloom jumped in front of the thug’s baton before he swung, shouting at him, “Leave her alone!” “Don’t hurt them!” Everyone looked in surprise at the hooded stranger. She stood there, so calm and collected. “Please forgive them. They need rest and water.” The thugs grouped around the hooded pony. Scootaloo saw the commotion from her cell. As tears welled up in her eyes, she whispered one word with her hoarse raspy voice, “Apple…jack?”

“You think we’re gonna do what you want because you said ‘please’? Well forget it. They broke the rules, so they gotta pay.” The hooded stranger simply said, “You shouldn’t treat them this way. They don’t like it. If you mistreat them, they will hate you.” “Hate this!” One of the thugs swung his baton at the hooded stranger, who blocked it effortlessly. Then her eyes glinted under the hood as she lowered it. “You think this is alright? That you’re doing good work here? Your excuses don’t justify your actions.” She twisted the thug’s arm behind his back. “These people are far stronger than you are. All of this…IS EVIL!” She yelled as she threw the baton at another thug, disarming him. Other gathered around, but the pony kept moving around, under and over their blows, almost dancing as she knocked dispatched each one. When she was done she turned to Applebloom and the old mare. “Will you be alright?” Both nodded and the boss of the thugs stepped out. “What’s goin’ on out here? Who’s responsible for this?” The stranger turned back to face him, “I am. Your men were mistreating these ponies, and I will not allow such actions to go unpunished. I suggest you take your men and leave. Now.” The air shimmered, and the Boss summoned his Alter, “How about no!” Before the stranger could do anything, a giant pink tentacle slammed her into the wall, followed by several more driving her deeper into it. “Why not just say you’re sorry? Beg for forgiveness!” Scootaloo kicked open the door of the cell, unsure of where her strength came from. She ran to the edge and yelled, “RARITY! USE YOUR ALTER!” The stranger looked up. “That name…so familiar.” The air shimmered before the next tentacle pierced the stranger’s heart and the tentacle broke apart. She then leapt up, running on the other tentacles to reach the Boss. “You call yourself a leader? Really? That young filly down there has more right to be a leader than you.” As the Boss looked at the stranger, her eyes glowed brightly, her tranquil wrath showing in the calm of those sapphire blue eyes. Then he blacked out.

She stood there, triumphant as the thugs left. Happy that she had done her job the stranger went to leave, but Applebloom held her back. “Wait…please stay. Have you seen my Sis?” The stranger looked puzzled as she ran a hoof through her messy hair, “Maybe. What does she look like?” Applebloom pulled out a photo. “It’s old, but she hasn’t changed much since then. Oh, her name is Applejack.” The stranger dropped the photo, clasping her head. “That name…It’s…Then I must be…” “Rarity,” Scootaloo limped towards them. “Your name is Rarity.”

Lost Ground Executive committee offices
“This is horrendous. Because of the upheaval, we haven’t been able to get any new information about what caused it. There are even rumours that a HOLY patrol was nearby when it happened. What are your thoughts on the matter, Commander Macintosh?” Commander Macintosh stated plainly and indignantly, “It’s all in the report I gave. Do you honestly think I would condone a course of action that would result in this?” “I do, but then, it’s my job to think like that.” Everyone turned to see a dull beige pony with a white mane tied back into a pony tail (Somewhat ironic, isn’t it?). “Who are you?” “Oh, forgive me. I am Discord Darkpony. Yes, it’s my actual name.” The Chief Executor stood up, “Then why are you here?” Discord grinned, though, like many others, his grin was different. Rainbow’s was playful and carefree, while Applejack’s was defiant and focused. His was creepy and everyone felt the need to purge their brains with the strongest bleach they could find after several showers. “If I told you now, it would ruin the surprise for later. And that wouldn’t be any fun, now would it?” To the committee, this should have been their first clue into Discord’s mind, but they ignored it. Discord continued, “I would like a word with Commander Macintosh, though. And relax, Commander, you’ve nothing to fear.”

“You have everything going according to a plan, then.” Commander Macintosh said. Discord seemed pleased, “Why yes. You guessed right. I have already taken steps to ensure you remain here at HOLY, but there is a little condition while I’m here.” Commander Macintosh again guessed correctly, “I have a new boss, it seems. That will take some getting used to.” “Oh, this is so delightful. I’d love to play you at chess sometime. You’d be a perfect opponent.” “I’m sure…”

An unknown location
“Open the door.” A loud clang resonated through the metal hallways, interrupting her melancholy. “I got a job for ya. Let’s go. Can’t you hear me? I said let’s go!” “Shut up. I ain’t deaf.” She looked up, tears running down her face. She said quietly to herself, “I hope you’re in a better place than me, Little Sis. If you can, say hi to Vinyl for me. Heaven knows how much I miss you guys…”

End of Episode 12

Author's Note:

Note: This chapter is not based on a episode of s-CRY-ed