• Published 12th Nov 2020
  • 370 Views, 4 Comments

Magical blast from the past - mlplife



Trixie takes matters into her own hooves when Starlight agrees to take her back in time to when Sunburst got his cutie mark

  • ...
 4
 370

The Present

The two unicorns start to fall to the ground once more, right before they hit the ground, Starlight mustered up her remaining energy from the time spell to levitate her and her friend. As their hooves descended on the soft grass below, Starlight gazed around at her surroundings.

''I don't see anything, but I feel like we're close to Ponyville, let's go''. Starlight looked back at Trixie, only to see the other pony sitting on the ground looking at her hooves. Starlight walked over and sat down next to her, she shot a glance at Trixie before looking down at her own hooves.

''Trixie? Are you ok?''. Trixie turned away from Starlight Glimmer, asking a question that was on both of their minds.


''Starlight, where are we, what did I do''. Trixie looked at her friend with sad eyes. Starlight did yet another scan of everything around her, nodding her head to assure herself.

''We are exactly when we were when we left Twilight's castle, we are also just outside of Ponyville''. Starlight lifted Trixie to her hooves with her magic. She then gestured toward Ponyville as sign for Trixie to follow her, the blue unicorn quickly understood and followed the other mare.


''I need to know where this timeline stands, so the first stop is Twilight's castle, witch, by the way, I know is there because the girls met me after the castle was created, so no change there''. Starlight Started walking into Ponyville's threshold as her friend followed behind her.


Starlight knocked on the door to the huge castle, after waiting for a couple of minutes, a high pitched voice of a mare approached the door.

''I'll get it!!''. The door opened to reveal a familiar pink earth pony, she had a smile on her face as she looked at the two ponies. Starlight tried to break the silence.

''Hi, we were wondering if Twilight was here, would she happen to be around?''. The pink pony gave her a hard questioning stare before having a look of realization on her face, which quickly dissolved into that big grin again, she walked back inside.

''Twilight!!! Trixie and some other unicorn are here to see you!!!''. She hopped back into the castle as another pony came outside, this time it was Twilight, she glanced at Trixie then at Starlight before speaking.

''Hello, Trixie, who's this?''. Trixie looked at Starlight for her to say something, witch she did.

''Hi, I'm Starlight Glimmer'' Starlight smiled at the alicorn. Twilight put a hoof to her chin in thought, her smile quickly returned.

''I know you, it's been quite a while, Starlight''. Twilight reached out her hoof in greeting, surprised, Starlight took the princess's hoof. Starlight looked at Trixie, her friend stared back with an equal amount of confusion on her face. Twilight looked at Trixie with a smile, although Starlight could sense the suspicion radiating off of the purple mare.

''Trixie, how do you two know each other''. Starlight searched her mind for an logical answer, she knew that there was no way to tell Twilight her truth. So, as much as she didn't want to, Starlight lied.

''Well, I was in Canterlot when I ran into her after her magic show, we hit it off right away, started to talk and quickly became friends.. so do you two know each other''. Twilight looked at Pinkie Pie, who was sitting beside the alicorn with a smile as she looked back at Twilight, her eyes growing slightly wider as she started to quickly explain.

'' You see, after about one month after Twilight here moved to Ponyville, Trixie came to this town and was all like, ' I am the best unicorn ever, no one is better than I, The Great and Powerful Trixie'. After Twilight Sparkle beat her at her game by vanquishing an ursa minor, she ran out of Ponyville. Half a year later, she came back with a bad amulet called the 'alicorn amulet', witch is totally hidden now, but then she took over all of Ponyville and enslaved every one in town, then she apologised and ran away again''.

Trixie blushed a little as Pinkie finished her story, Starlight averted her eyes to Trixie with amusement at the pink earth pony's details of the events of her friend's past. Starlight knew she had to seem normal, but she needed to know how this Twilight knew her, so she tried to be as casual as possible.

'' While it is great to see you Twilight, I have something I need to talk to you about, alone'' Starlight looked over to Trixie only to receive a look of both confusion and hurt. Twilight Sparkle nodded as she gestured inside her castle.

''Come in whenever your ready, I'll be in the throne room''. Starlight waved.

''I'll be right there'' Once Twilight and Pinkie were inside the crystal building Starlight once again met the hurt eyes of her friend, she tried to find the right way to explain to Trixie.

'' I'm sorry Trix, but I need to talk to Twilight by myself. After what happened in Sires Hollow a few minutes ago.. I- I would rather you not- lose control again. It could get both of us into deep trouble''. Trixie seemed to understand where Starlight was coming from, she gave a half genuine smile as she responded.

'' It's ok Starlight, I get it, go on ahead, I will wait right here for you''. Starlight could see that she still had not fully covered her friend's concerns , she wanted to say something, but she turned around into the Princess's castle. Leaving Trixie on the castle doorstep.


Princess Twilight was sitting on her throne. Her posture was that of which would make Celestia proud, Twilight's mane was neatly set upon her shoulder, as always, she also had a calm yet determined look in her eyes. Starlight walked toward her alternant friend, questions starting to rise in her mind.

Is this Twilight any different than her Twilight? What changes could have happened in the absence of her past self? Most importantly, How does Twilight know her? The unicorn kept walking as she tried to wrack her brain for answers. Starlight was so wrapped up in her thoughts that she slammed into Twilight who was coming over to her. Starlight panicked as she rushed to help the princess.

''Oh my gosh, I am so, so sorry Twilight, I was so into my own head that I lost track of reality. Are you ok?''. Starlight reached out her hoof for the alicorn, who took it with a smile.

'' I'm ok Starlight, I get like that sometimes too''. Twilight shook out her wings for any dust as she looked to Starlight.

'' What's up?''. Starlight got stiff, she didn't want to lie to Twilight but it was the only way to answer her biggest question.

'' I bumped my head on a... pole, and I was wondering, I mean.. I kind of forgot about certain aspects, Trixie, being my friend reminded me that you were my friend. I was just wondering if you could fill me in on how we met''. The violet mare looked taken aback as she nodded her head, readying her response.

''It's kind of a short story, but, If you say so. We met around one year ago at the Equestrian magic convention, that's where I ran into you and Sunburst, we hit it off. The three of us have been hanging out ever since''. Starlight felt her chest swell with hurt, realization smashed Starlight in the heart like a ton of bricks. She started whispering to herself over and over.

''She doesn't know me, she doesn't know me, she doesn't know me''. Her cheeks were wet from her tear stained eyes. Twilight tried to reach out for her, Starlight turned around, she ran as fast as her hooves could take her.

Starlight burst through the castle doors, she let herself quietly cry as she fell to the ground. Starlight was greeted by a outstretched hoof, Trixie's hoof. Starlight was overcome by grief and anger.

'' Get away". Starlight smacked the other unicorn's hoof away as she got angrier. Trixie's worried glance turned into a look of sadness as she backed away.

''Starlight, what's wrong''. Starlight exploded with anger, tears still streaming from her eyes.

'' What's wrong!? You're what's wrong Trixie! If you had not lost control over your magic we would be at home, but nope, Trixie had to get all emotional and ruin everything!!''. Trixie tried to defend herself, but deep down she felt like Starlight had it all right, so instead, Trixie bit her lip and turned around.

'' If that is how you feel, then I bid you farewell, Starlight Glimmer'' Trixie then ran off, shedding her own set of tears. Starlight's pupils shrank as she realized what had just happened she reached out her hooves as she yelled.

'' Trixie, wait!! Please!!''. Her voice lost strength as she was able to muster out a sentence.

'' I'm the worst friend in the history of Equestria. I'm sorry'' Starlight continued to sit there with her thoughts, overwhelming sense of guilt, and her shame for ever thinking she deserved Twilight's friendship.

Author's Note:

Wow, descriptions take up a lot of words