• ...
 2
 227

Chapter 9: Preparitives to the the final fight

Sunlight had introduced Chrysalis to his friends, telling them he met her in another dimension where Discord sent her for fun and that she helped him escape this same dimension. He also told them about what she went through and what she had to do to survive.

“That’s horrible, said Sunset. You poor soul. No one should live what you did. I would be more than willing to help you have a better life!!”

Chrysalis hugged her.

“We are all here to help you, Darling, said Rarity. I will help you to shine like a gem!!”

“I can teach work manual work, said Applejack. Trust me, there is nothing more rewarding than hard work”

“Ever thought about doing sport? Asked Rainbow Dash. I will help you get into shape!”

“I would not mind having a volunteer to help me at the Animal Shelter. Those cute animals need tons of love and have tons of love to give”

“That’s very nice from all of you, said Chrysalis. I am sorry, i didn’t feel that appreciated before. I would be more than happy to do that with all of you...”

“You are in good hands, said Sunlight. Just ask my sister and Twilight.”

“What are you going to do, Sunlight?” asked Sunset.

“Oh, nothing new, he answered. Just training until the final battle against Moonlight Frost.”

“I was wondering about that, said Sunset. Do you have any sort of connection with him, since, you know, he is the incarnation of your darker side?”

“Probably, he said. Why asking? Do you have something in mind?”

“If you had some sort of psychic connection, said Sunset, i could use it to see what Moonlight is doing, and use this knowledge at our advantage.”

“I like the way you are thinking, said Sunlight. But i don’t think we share a psychic connection. Maybe spiritual, or at last, physical.”

“What do you mean?” asked Chrysalis.

“I don’t know if hurting him will also hurt me as well, said Sunlight. What if everything that happen to him happened to me as well? Like if i banish him, would i be banished too? Or if he dies, would i die too?”

Meanwhile, Moonlight Frost was looking for an artifact in the middle of a village. He saw a woman trying to call for help but Moonlight froze her solid before she could use her phone. Around him, everything had been frozen, houses, men, women, childrens, animals, everything.

“I can’t believe i missed that one, he said. Now, where is that stone...”

He found it buried deep underground in a box. With is ice powers, he shattered the metal and wood covering it and laughed devilishly.

“There it is, he said. The legendary Star of the North. With this beauty in my possession, i will be able to extinguish the flame of my nemesis and destroy his pathetic friends as well. Then, i will take his sister as a trophy and turn her into an ice statue that i will enjoy watching while drinking iced tea.”

His laugh became more intense. Returning back to our heroes, Sunlight was also looking for an artifact that could help him resist cold. He asked Twilight if she heard of such a relic. She told him she’d look in the books of the royal library but that could take weeks before she find an information. So Sunlight turned to Discord, but this one didn’t want to be personally involved in this battle, insisting on the fact that he needed to trust his friends. Then, as he was looking in the town’s Library, he found a dusty old book laying on a shelf. It was telling the story of a mystic magic gem used by a very powerful Dragon Lord thousands of years ago to create what is today known as the Dragon Lands. This stone had, according to the book, held the power of a thousand Suns and could melt even Eternal Ice and any metal, magic or divine. But this stone had been lost and the last being who possessed it never told anyone what he did with it. The stone had been called the «Jewel of the Sun» due to it’s color and brightness. It also said that the gem was able to produce an infinite source of heat.

”This gem could be useful to me, he thought. If it can produce an infinite amount of heat, then i could use it as a magic battery in battle. Being able to use magic without being stopped by exhaustion or lack of stamina. But this stone could be anywhere in this world, or in Equestria, or it could also have been destroyed. Maybe i should ask Twilight if she heard of that stone.”

Sunlight rented the book and left the library and was stopped by Sunset on the way.

“So, i see you went to the Library, she said. What kind of book did you picked?”

She looked at the cover to read the title

“Everything about Artifacts and relics of the past, she read. Hum, Looking for something that might help you fight Moonlight?”

“Kinda, he said. But i didn’t found anything interesting for now.”

“Can i talk with you about something?” she asked.

“Let me guess, he said. You disapprove what i am doing, right?”

“I don’t, she answered. I was just wondering why you are always so willing to take things on your own. I mean, you have friends, you have me, we are not useless, you know.”

“I know you are here to cover my back, he said. Only, You can’t always count on other to get out of a sticky situation. If you or one of our friends is hurt is missing, the Magic of Friendship might be unable to work. I couldn’t forgive myself if something happened to you, or to your friends.”

“I suppose you have a point, she said. I understand that you care about me and my friends, but you don’t need to always protect us from a powerful enemy. We can protect you as well, you know. If you fail, we are here for you, i would do everything to protect you the same way you would do with me.”

“You are right, he said. But the enemy we are going to fight is not other than myself. It’s personal this time. Sometime, you need to fight your own battles.”

“It’s also personal for me as well, she said. He is in one way my brother too.”

“And this is why i don’t want you to be in this fight, he said. He probably want to keep you for himself, and not in a good and respectful way. He will probably use you as a shield against me and your friends.”

“Hum, but maybe we could use this at our advantage, she said. What if i was on the field while not being in it at the same time?”

“You mean...” said Sunlight.

“Chrysalis have shapeshifting abilities, right? Asked Sunset. We could use them to our advantage. She would take my appearance and serve as a bait for Moonlight. And you would just have to protect and interact with her like if it was me while i will be watching the fight from the sideways "

“That’s pretty ingenious, he said. I am impressed!! If Moonlight succeed to put his hands on her, she could always turn into a dinosaur or a giant monster to free herself. I will explain your plan to Chrysalis while you will explain it to your friends. Okay?”

“In that case, let’s not waste time, she said. Moonlight could come at any moment.”

They both headed in different directions. Sunlight arrived in his room and saw Chrysalis sleeping on his bed. He tapped her shoulder to wake her up.

“Sorry, she said, sleepy. I was tired and your bed seemed cozy, so i decided to take a nap on it, i hope you are not mad at me...”

“We need your help” he said.

He explained to Chrysalis the plan his sister came up with sooner.

“Are you sure i risk nothing? She asked. I am willing to act as your sister, but...”

“You can turn into a giant dinosaur if you wanted, he said. Or a ferocious fire breathing dragon if Moonlight put his hand on you.”

“True, she said. Hum, what is that book you are holding?”

“A book about artifacts and magic relics” he said.

“Have you found one that could helps us in the battle?” she asked.

“I did find a page talking about a magic jewel that can radiate an infinite quantity of heat, he answered. But the book doesn’t mention what happened to it or where it could be.”

He showed her the picture of the stone.

“Wait a minute, she said. I recognize that gem.”

“You do?” asked Sunlight.

She put her hand in her bag. After a few second, she took out a shiny red gem that was looking like a sun.

“Is this the stone you were looking for?” she asked.

Sunlight took the stone and this one instantly started to shine intensively.

“Where did you got it? He asked. It is the one i was looking for.”

“Where? She answered. Well, one of my many “customers” was an archeologist, a treasure hunter. He didn’t have enough money on him to pay me so he gave me this gem as a compensation. I was about to sell it before i was teleported you know where.”

“What are the odds? Asked Sunlight. You are amazing!! Don’t worry, i swear to make it up to you after i...after we defeated Moonlight.”

“You don’t need to...” she said.

”Now, i have to find a way to connect this stone to my body, he thought. Hum, absorbing the stone is unthinkable, he said, it would kill me. But i could infuse it to a part of my body, like some of those dark wizards, monsters or warlord that have magic stones embedded on their head or chest.”

Sunlight removed his shirt and tried to put the stone in his chest but nothing happened.

”I maybe need to pronounce an incantation, he thought. I must have missed something in this book.”

Sunlight found written in the back of the page an incantation.

“Must be this one, he said. Alright...”

“Wait, should you not do this somewhere else? Asked Chrysalis. What if you burn the entire house by accident?”

“It’s okay, he said. Everything in this room have been enchanted to be fireproof.”

“I am not!” she said.

“In this case, you should probably go outside the room” said the hero.

She obeyed and left the room. Sunlight started pronouncing the incantation while having the stone against his chest. When he finished the incantation, the stone fused to his chest, only letting half of it visible from the outside. Immediately, he felt overflowed with an incredible amount of heat and thought he was going to burn alive. But suddenly, the flow stopped and the stone started glowing more lightly. Chrysalis entered.

“Is this over?” she asked.

“Yes, answered Sunlight. You can get in.”

Chrysalis was captivated by the stone embedded in Sunlight’s chest.

“Awesome, she said. Did you at least read what written under that incantation?”

“No” he answered.

“Well, it said that of you pronouce the spell backward to get the stone out of your body, she said. And it also said that the only thing that can counter it’s power is it’s opposite, the North Star, which is the name of a magic stone that can produce an infinite amount of cold.”

“And you think Moonlight is probably going to have it in his possession? Asked Sunlight. What i am saying...Of course he would. Is there something else?”

“No, she answered. The rest doesn’t matter. Well, what’s next?”

“Reunite the team, he said. We have everything we need to take on Moonlight.”