• ...
 2
 227

Chapter 5: Extreme training

Sunlight and his friends were all reunited at the park.

“We need to become stronger, said Sunlight. All of us. And the Simulation Room won’t be enough...”

“So, what are you proposing, then? Asked Twilight. How could we become more powerful in such a short amount of time?”

“We need to break ours limit, he said. Both physical, magical and psychological limits. Discord could probably help us with that. If he could man up and get over a stupid conflict about a stupid game. But he is probably too childish to do it...”

Sunlight raised 3 of his finger and started counting down to 0. Discord’s hand suddenly appeared out of nowhere and grabbed him by the neck.

“Excuse me?” he said.

“You perfectly heard me, said Sunlight, looking at Discord with a mocking smile.”

“Ogres and Oubliettes is not a stupid game” said Discord.

“I knew you would come at me after hearing that, said Sunlight. And like a fish, you got baited. So, still mad at me for killing your character?”

“Yes, he said. I am still mad at you.”

“Seriously? Asked Sunlight. It’s just a character. The most important thing in Ogres and Oubliettes are not the characters, it’s the adventure, it’s to have fun playing with others. You who like this game so much, i thought you would knew it by now.”

Discord released Sunlight and calmed down.

“You are right, he said. The fun is not in the characters, it’s in the adventure, it’s in the game. A character can be replaced, but the fun this game bring to me and my friends can’t. I forgive you, Sunlight.”

“Was about time, he said. But we need your dimensionnal bending powers right now”

“I know, i heard what you said about needing some training, he answered. I could i suppose lead you to an artifact that will grant you near unlimited power, but that would be too ex-machina and easy. Instead, i could probably send you to a dimension where you will be confronted to your most horrible fears. I heard that if you can beat your fear and the darkness within you, you will unlock a newfound power and more potential. But I need to tell you that if you fail, you will die.”

“Death doesn’t scare me, said Sunlight. I am willing to take the risk.”

“Now that i think about it, said Rainbow Dash, there is certainly another way to gain power...I don’t want to die...”

“And I thought Rainbow Dash never ran away from a challenge, said Applejack. Guess i was wrong...”

“Grrr...Said Rainbow Dash. Fine, i will take the risk too!!”

“I know each of us have the strenght to overcome anything in our way, said Sunset. We can do this...”

“Yeah!! Said Pinkie Pie. I will face my fear and throw a cupcake right into his face!!”

“If you do it, said Fluttershy. Then we will do it to”

“Together Forever!!” said Twilight.

Discord opened 8 portal one for each of the heroes. They all entered one after another and when Sunlight passed his portal, he found himself inside C.H.S.

“Wait, what i am doing here? He asked. Funny joke Discord. Really funny...”

There was no answer.

“Wait, this is C.H.S, but something is different, he said. I can feel it.”

He walked for a little moment and heard a familiar voice yelling. He followed it and discovered his sister bullying another girl, Fluttershy.

“Sunset, stop it!” he said

Sunset looked at her brother.

“Sunlight? She said. What are you doing here? I thought you were hanging out with Flash.”

“Uh...” said Sunlight, trying to say something

“Whatever, said Sunset. I need your help”

Sunset left Fluttershy and grabbed Sunlight by the arm and brought him outside the school.

“Ignore what you just saw earlier, said Sunset. She deserved that.”

“She just saw a thing laying on the ground and took it, Said Sunlight. If i saw a crown laying on the ground, i would do the same...”

“...” Said Sunset.

Sunlight hugged her. She was surprised by that and started blushing. Sunlight then realized why he had a feeling of Deja-vu. Twilight Sparkle, his role model and idol told him about how she saved the school from Sunset and reformed her. Somehow, he was at her place.

“Stop hugging me like that, she said. You know i hate being hugged!!”

“I know, he said. But it look like you needed one.”

Sunset freed herself from the hug.

“I hope nobody saw this, she said. I don’t want to be seen as a nice and fragile little sister. I need you help to take back the crown.”

“And by helping, he said, i hope you don’t mean breaking anyone’s arm, sending someone to the hospital or humiliating someone. I am willing to help you, but i have limits.”

“I know, she said. That new girl, i want you to distract her.”

“Are you afraid she might win the title? Asked Sunlight. Why should i do that for you, anyway?”

“You swore to always protect me” she said.

“Right, he said. I swore to protect you, not to be your lackey or helping you bully other people that did nothing to you”

“Are you seriously revolting against me?” she asked.

Many students were looking at them, which included Flash, Rainbow Dash and Rarity.

“Yes, he said. Until now, i stayed silent, i ignored the awful thing you did but not anymore. Those people lived in fear for too long. As long as you don’t change your ways, i will be against you.”

“First, Flash, then you, she said. I can’t trust anyone these day. Fine, if you want to be on their side, be it.”

She left the field and pushed a few students in her way.

“I am sorry, sister, said Sunlight. This is for your own good.”

He looked at the crowd.

“The show is over, he said. You can return doing what you were doing.”

He left the field and went inside the school.

“Did i just saw what i just saw? Asked Rainbow Dash. Sunset just got dumped by her brother...”

“Yeah, it was about time, said Rarity. I knew Sunlight was not like her.”

Sunlight was in the bathroom, lost in his thoughts.

”Let’s resume, he said. Sunset told me about the time she was being mean and how Twilight Sparkle helped her embrace friendship. But strangely, Twilight seems to not be part of this timeline, despite her crown being in this world. Am i somehow forced to play the role she played into making Sunset turn good? It would make sense. I always regretted not being present for her after she got banished from Canterlot. I wished i could prevent her to dive into madness and hatred. And now it is the chance to redeem her. Hum, But who know how things will go up without Twilight in the mix...?”

He left the bathroom and bumped into Fluttershy.

“Oh, i am sorry, Fluttershy, he said. I was lost in my thoughts...Are you alright?”

“Y..Yes, she said. Uh...I wanted to thank you for what you did for me sooner.”

“Uh...You are welcome, he said. Hum...Can you meet me later in the informatic lab? There is something i need to discuss with you.”

“Uh...Sure, she said. When?”

“Hum, after the classes, he answered. Well, have a good afternoon!!”

Sunlight disappeared from her sight. He was heading in direction of the sport field, were he found Rainbow Dash training with a soccer ball.

“Oh, hi Sunlight! She said. What are you doing here?”

“Hum, are you planning to do something after the classes?” he asked.

“Uh, no, why?” she said.

“Meet me at the Computer lab at the end of the classes, he answered. I need to tell you something important.”

“Uh, okay...” she said.

Sunlight then searched for Pinkie Pie, but felt nose to nose with Rarity. She almost fell on the floor but Sunlight caught her mid-course by her waist.

“Oh, said Sunlight. Hi, Rarity.”

“Hi!! She said, blushing intensively. Uh...”

“Meet me at the Informatic lab after the classes” he said.

“Uh, why?” she asked.

“It’s important” he answered.

This said, he released Rarity, who felt on the floor.

“I only need to find Pinkie Pie and Applejack, he said. And at this time, they must be at the Gymnasium, decorating for the Fall Formal.”

Sunlight entered the gym and saw Pinkie Pie and Applejack confronted to Sunset.

“Stop it, Sunset, he said. Let them alone.”

She turned back and saw Sunlight.

“You again? She said. This is not your business”

“When it include you in it, it is” he said.

“What are you going to do, uh? She asked. You got nothing on me!”

“Neither do you, he answered. If i have to use the force to stop you, i will use it.”

“You wouldn’t dare, she said. You would punish your little sister?”

“You are no Sister to me anymore, he said. As long as you don’t change your ways.”

“You...disown me?” she said.

“Yes” answered Sunlight.

She didn’t said anything and left the room without showing any emotion.

“Uh...said Applejack. What just happened? Did you just disowned your own sister? Wow, that will certainly piss her a lot.”

“By the way, thank you for saving us! Said Pinkie Pie. If we can do anything for you in return, just ask!”

“I do, he answered. Can you two meet me in the Computer lab after the classes?”

“Uh..That is an odd request, said Applejack. But okay...”

Sunlight left the gymnasium, picking on the way a bottle of cider. Sunset, meanwhile, was kicking the shit out of a tin can.

“How dare he disown me? She said. I swore he would be on my sides whatever happened.”

She then rememeber he said he would disown her as long as she doesn’t change.

“I will make him pay for that, she said. Him and Flash...”

A few hours later, the classes were over. Sunlight was waiting patiently in the computer room. The first to arrive was Fluttershy. Then, Pinkie Pie came next, followed by Rarity, then Applejack and finally, Rainbow Dash.

“Wait, what are you doing here, Fluttershy?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“And what are you doing here, Pinkie Pie? Asked Rarity.

“I told to each of them, you included, to meet me here” he answered.

“I hope it is worth reuniting the five of us together” said Applejack.

“Your whole conflict is the doing of Sunset Shimmer, he said. I know, she had the habit of telling me everything.”

“What do you mean? Asked Rarity. You mean that it is Sunset who sent me a message from Pinkie telling that she doesn’t need my help, only to find later she did everything herself?”

“Yes, he answered. Why? Because together, you are a danger for her. Like people said: Divide to conquer.”

“That would be her style to divide us, said Rarity. She pretty much divided the whole school against each other.”

“The bounds of friendship that unite you five are stronger than anything, he said. Sunset knew it and this is why she turned you against each other.”

“I am sorry Fluttershy” said Pinkie.

“And i am sorry, Pinkie Pie” said Rarity.

They apologized to each other and made a big hug.

“Friends forever, said Pinkie Pie. What can we do for you, Sunlight?”

“To thank you for reuniting the five of us” said Fluttershy.

“Ask us anything, said Rainbow Dash. And we will do it...Well, except if this is life endangering or related to sex.”

Sunlight smiled.

“There is one thing you could do to help me” he said.

Meanwhile, Sunset was sat on a bench at the park. She was thinking about if her goal of revenge was worth losing the only person that really cared for her since she was sent in this world.

“I don’t need him anyway, she said. Who need friends and family when you have the world at your fingertips?”

Her anger turned into sadness and she surprised herself to shed a tear. But she quickly recovered from it.

”No, i won’t weaken, she said. I promised to take my revenge on Celestia and i will, she said. I just need that stupid crown and this school is history.”